Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Skype pet: The Spenco shoe rep's cat, Tiny Cat. Kitty was sleepy and let out a huge yawn.

misc pics QVC pets Spenco TIny Cat 5 collage 1 3-29-21.jpg

misc pics QVC pets SPenco Tiny Cat 6 collage 2 3-29-21.jpg

Or that’s the cat’s opinion of the shoes . 😏

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post

38 minutes ago, Lady J said:

Or that’s the cat’s opinion of the shoes . 😏

I'm with the cat. Those shoes were fug.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I'm with the cat. Those shoes were fug.

Looks like a Fred Flintstone driving shoe...

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post

What do you think of this Calista Fauxblo TSV?  I normally ignore this stuff, but am watching a presentation now.  For some reason, I thought it blow-dried while it curled.  But no.  You still need to dry it first.    She said it’s like using a round brush, but I never mastered that technique and I think it would get stuck in my hair!  lol

I have a straight bob, but wouldn’t mind changing it up now and then.  Even just a little more volume would be nice.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I’m checking in here to see what everyone thinks about the Calista TSV. I watched an online presentation earlier and heard Caroline recommend that we get one in all three sizes.  🙄

My hair is just past my shoulders and I’m ready for something new, but not sure if this is going to work.  🤔

Share this post


Link to post

I used to have a couple of very similar brushes. Conair or Revlon. About $30.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Believe it or not, just ordered a FlauxBlo on ebay for $40!  I will report back. I currently use the Calista  Perfector Pro round hot brushes and love them.  I also use the InStyler rotating iron which I really like too.  The Perfector's highest temp is 395 degrees and the InStyler goes as high as 425 degrees.  Both hot enough if you have thick, full and/or frizzy hair.  The InStyler is for a straighter smoother curled look and the the Perfector allows for more body and smooth bounce.  Calista said the FlauxBlo is a 365 degree heat which seems low to me, but she said that heat is the the same temp of your hairdryer when you do a blowout and will provide a blowout look with more volume.  Not sure that's what I want especially after seeing Unwashed One last night, but look forward to trying it and experimenting during these mundane trying times when we aren't going anywhere. 

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks, LeeDenny, I wondered if there’s a less expensive alternative. 

Thanks, mpeeps. That’s a bargain you found on eBay. Great find! I’ve been looking for reviews and I’ve seen several that said the Perfector was favored over the FauxBlo if someone was interested in trying one of the Calista products. I have an InStyler too and like it for straighter looks and was looking at FauxBlo for something to give more volume/body. I agree that the FauxBlo temp seemed low compared to others out there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

All this hair talk makes me think of hot rollers. I loved those things. Roll the hair, put on makeup and take it out. 
The tools always seem easy to use when the professionals use them. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

I dug out my hot rollers a couple of years ago and keep them conveniently under the sink with the hopes of using them more often again as I like the result but sadly still never use them. 

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

All this hair talk makes me think of hot rollers. I loved those things. Roll the hair, put on makeup and take it out. 
The tools always seem easy to use when the professionals use them. 

I still use hot rollers! I have a couple of Calista sets, but my favorite is the self-grip hot roller set. It's awesome. I use the rollers to smooth and lift my wavy-but-not-in-a-good-way shoulder length hair. QVC doesn't sell this set anymore, unfortunately, but there are some on ebay and Estsy.

1262916119_calistahotrollers2.jpg.a52b2f3974f3c2bedbda3464cac24a28.jpg

Edited by Booney
  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

Sorry, wrong thread.

Edited by mpeeps
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

These Fly London booties are on Lunchtime Special:

image.png.051d2414d5f11210e2988d33c665d620.png

The perfect outfit, seen below, will premier on a later PMS show.....probably during Killinger's hour!

image.png.5109dc897116f6c1fe5ac8269798c79c.png

 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 13

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

These Fly London booties are on Lunchtime Special:

image.png.051d2414d5f11210e2988d33c665d620.png

 

 

Eco-conscious Flintstone footwear.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

These Fly London booties are on Lunchtime Special:

image.png.051d2414d5f11210e2988d33c665d620.png

Superfluous stuff so they could charge more, until it started collecting dust in the warehouse.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I clicked from an email I got from QVC about something somewhat related and came across this on QVC's website.

I like Danny Seo and have occasionally watched his show, I think on one of the PBS channels.    It doesn't appear he's selling anything on QVC but is more or less editing and choosing some of the best Clean Beauty products that QVC already sells.

https://www.qvc.com/content/beauty/naturally-danny-seo.html?redirectTerm=danny+seo

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Huh. They should have Danny and Katrina jam together about the good old days in Reading 😊 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

ETA:  I just read an article about Danny Seo and found out that he had a line of natural beauty products, sold on HSN.  He also has a line of organic wine.

Maybe he'll be hawking those soon on QVC?  Lord knows we need more wine for sale!

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Apparently, the Q is shaking things up for spring, at least policy-wise:

1. Shawn has said about a hundred times in the last half-hour that multi-day TSV pricing is no more. You get the TSV price for 24 hours, then it’s gone (like it was in the “good ol’ days”).

2. The outlet stores in PA are no longer applying the additional discounts to clothing items—the general “xx% off everything in the store” excludes apparel. I don’t know if that’s new for April, or started earlier, but it definitely wasn’t the case in early 2020 and before.

  • Useful 12

Share this post


Link to post

Lisa Rina apparel is on major clearance at 1:00 am. They don’t even have Ms. Rinna Skyping in. That’s a slap in the face for an A lister such as Lisa Rinna. <sarcasm>.

Edited by ByaNose
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 12

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Lisa Rina apparel is on major clearance at 1:00 am. They don’t even have Ms. Rinna Skyping in. That’s a slap in the face for an A lister such as LISA Rinna. <sarcasm>?

This has been a thing for several months. I haven't seen her on the Q since she made some really offensive statements that I can't remember, it's been that long ago. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I've noticed Rinna's absence,  but in a good way.

Probably part of phasing out the "celebrity " lines like Brooke, Martha,  CZJ....

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, hummingbird said:

Isaac Faux suede mule for $92!

 

that's nuts

 

I saw that! 

They'll be on clearance soon, for $79.99, and stay that way for years.

  • Like 6
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, artisto said:

re: Lisa Rinna:

Looking at the QVC website...the only big markdowns appear to be "as is"....

The rest on the 3 pages are regular price...

https://www.qvc.com/fashion/lisa-rinna-collection/_/N-lgltZ1z1380p/c.html?redirectTerm=lisa+rinna&currentPage=1#plModule

Check out the clearance tab, go to Brands, then select Lisa Rinna.  There are 114 items.

Not sure why they aren't showing up in the search you did.  When I just put "Rinna" in the search bar, 238 items come up, a lot of it on clearance.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, hummingbird said:

faux suede you can get at Target for 30$. they misjudged on that 

True.  You can get REAL leather for what they're charging, for less at discounted places.  I just got a pair of Bettye Muller mules at Nordstrom Rack - real perforated leather, $49

  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

This has been a thing for several months. I haven't seen her on the Q since she made some really offensive statements that I can't remember, it's been that long ago. 

There have also been so many it's hard to remember them all.  Off the top of my head, in the past few years she's insulted overweight people; the Q customers who buy her clothes (she's designing them for people who live in Minnesota, although she may have specified Minneapolis); and people attending Ash Wednesday services, because she posted on social media wondering why so many people were walking around with black smudges on their foreheads that day and it wasn't phrased in the form of a polite question as to why.

Looking at the program guide, there are only two other Rinna shows scheduled:  Monday the 26th from 4-5 p.m. eastern and Saturday, May 2, from 2-3 a.m.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 4
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, hummingbird said:

Isaac Faux suede mule for $92!

 

that's nuts

 

I’d consider this faux mule from “A” for only $14.99, but not Isaac’s

00E6EDB8-D242-469E-B5E6-2DEB5CF6549F.jpeg.1cc9fc518eaa233f10d1ce761f6753dc.jpeg 

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

There have also been so many it's hard to remember them all.  Off the top of my head, in the past few years she's insulted overweight people; the Q customers who buy her clothes (she's designing them for people who live in Minnesota, although she may have specified Minneapolis); and people attending Ash Wednesday services, because she posted on social media wondering why so many people were walking around with black smudges on their foreheads that day and it wasn't phrased in the form of a polite question as to why.

Looking at the program guide, there are only two other Rinna shows scheduled:  Monday the 26th from 4-5 p.m. eastern and Saturday, May 2, from 2-3 a.m.

I hope she is gone!  She ruined my opinion of her  with those comments as well as her behavior on RHOBH.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

If my freezer is any indication of how QVC is doing with their sales of food products for the past year, they are doing damn well.

I ordered four "essentials" in the past two days.  This is supporting that machine way too much, yet I'm still thinking if I had room for a Junior's cheesecake, I might just order the raspberry lemon variety.

Post-pandemic, I wonder if we will be back to PooPourri and NutriSystem on a more regular basis.  Certainly will be a lot less appetizing than watching a chorus line of potstickers or chococlate chip cookies gracing the set.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

7 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

There have also been so many it's hard to remember them all.  Off the top of my head, in the past few years she's insulted overweight people; the Q customers who buy her clothes (she's designing them for people who live in Minnesota, although she may have specified Minneapolis); and people attending Ash Wednesday services, because she posted on social media wondering why so many people were walking around with black smudges on their foreheads that day and it wasn't phrased in the form of a polite question as to why.

Looking at the program guide, there are only two other Rinna shows scheduled:  Monday the 26th from 4-5 p.m. eastern and Saturday, May 2, from 2-3 a.m.

Lisa is from Oregon, and I remember there was an occasion where she was going to visit her mother who still lived there at the time (cared for or kept an eye on by her stepsister).

Her daughters didn't want to go because they said they didn't want to be around a bunch of Oregonian fat people, as I guess they researched the demographics of that state by body mass index, in between studying for their master's degrees, no doubt.

Lovely girls and so well raised.  🙄  Apples don't fall far from the tree.

 

*I don't recall the source, but it was probably reality show based because I don't think those people leave their superficial bubble.

 

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

Lisa is from Oregon, and I remember there was an occasion where she was going to visit her mother who still lived there at the time (cared for or kept an eye on by her stepsister).

Her daughters didn't want to go because they said they didn't want to be around a bunch of Oregonian fat people, as I guess they researched the demographics of that state by body mass index, in between studying for their master's degrees, no doubt.

Lovely girls and so well raised.  🙄

Apples don't fall far from the tree.

*I don't recall the source, but it was probably reality show based because I don't think those people leave their superficial bubble.

 

I remember that too. I think that family is as bad as the Osbournes.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, CandyApple said:

If my freezer is any indication of how QVC is doing with their sales of food products for the past year, they are doing damn well.

I ordered four "essentials" in the past two days.  This is supporting that machine way too much, yet I'm still thinking if I had room for a Junior's cheesecake, I might just order the raspberry lemon variety.

Post-pandemic, I wonder if we will be back to PooPourri and NutriSystem on a more regular basis.  Certainly will be a lot less appetizing than watching a chorus line of potstickers or chococlate chip cookies gracing the set.

Raspberry lemon cheesecake????  😲😲😲😲  Yummmmmmmmmm!!!!!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, CandyApple said:

Lisa is from Oregon, and I remember there was an occasion where she was going to visit her mother who still lived there at the time (cared for or kept an eye on by her stepsister).

Her daughters didn't want to go because they said they didn't want to be around a bunch of Oregonian fat people, as I guess they researched the demographics of that state by body mass index, in between studying for their master's degrees, no doubt.

Lovely girls and so well raised.  🙄  Apples don't fall far from the tree.

 

*I don't recall the source, but it was probably reality show based because I don't think those people leave their superficial bubble.

 

She called Oregonians "chub chubs." 

I think it was the Ash Wednesday incident that got her banned from the Q.

  • Like 4
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

Things you learn by perusing the Q boards:  The studio audience seating was taken out when they built the new sets.  Therefore no more live studio audience shows.  But even before CD-19 they often couldn't fill the seats when they did them.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

Lisa R's IG is quite desperate.  For example:

-Swimwear poses with lips in full trout pout

-Pornographic, yet rhythmless gymnastic moves in her bedroom

-An unsuccessful attempt to seduce an unmoved, emotionless Hairy (that's how she says Harry) with her gyrations while he reads the newspaper

 

I've never seen him look or act even remotely interested in her, yet they've been married 24 years, so what do I know.

I recall when she was on selling her stuff on QVC during a holiday, maybe Thanksgiving, and she said she wishes she was home, to which Harry replied something like "somebody's got to be the breadwinner."

 

 

 

 

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 3
  • Surprise 6

Share this post


Link to post

40 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

Lisa R's IG is quite desperate.  For example:

-Swimwear poses with lips in full trout pout

-Pornographic, yet rhythmless gymnastic moves in her bedroom

-An unsuccessful attempt to seduce an unmoved, emotionless Hairy (that's how she says Harry) with her gyrations while he reads the newspaper

 

I've never seen him look or act even remotely interested in her, yet they've been married 24 years, so what do I know.

I recall when she was on selling her stuff on QVC during a holiday, maybe Thanksgiving, and she said she wishes she was home, to which Harry replied something like "somebody's got to be the breadwinner."

 

 

 

 

I saw a picture from her new slutty photo shoot. She's so desperate and thirsty!

misc pics cartoons attention seeker don't mind me.jpg

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

To her credit, I have heard her say “Harry Hamlin (always both names) supported our family for many years, so now I am happy I can do it.”  She is a hustler.  But I do not like her.  Also believe she has food  issues which she has transferred on to her daughters. 😩

Also — how are we supposed to pronounce “Harry.”  I pronounce it “Hairy” and had no idea it was incorrect????

  • Like 4
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post

Hairy is not necessarily an incorrect way to say Harry, just a different way.   I always picture his face on BigFoot when I hear her say it.

I, too, do not like her.

Sounds like she created some little monsters with big issues.

I recall seeing her shouting at one of her spawn, who was wearing a thong on a catwalk:  "Shake what your mama gave you!"

Cringy.

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 3
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I think it was the Ash Wednesday incident that got her banned from the Q.

There's the rub though.  She wasn't banned, at least not immediately following.  She made numerous appearances after that nonsense.  If she never made another dollar off the backs of hard working people, it would be too many dollars imo.  She made the statement (on RH I believe) that she sold more product (or made more money, can't recall for certain) in one airing on QVC than she did in a year at her former storefront, which is understandable I guess given the reach, but yeah, seeing that go away would be a bonus for me.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

What is really offensive about her attitude is that Q gave her the opportunity to sell to a "larger " audience than she ever did at her Belle Gray boutique. 

And by that I mean, oddly, she often noted that her store inventory was offered only in very limited sizes.  Think skeletal Beverly Hills sizing.  Imagine if Q wanted her to be size inclusive and go beyond 3X (which I'm sure made her gag.)

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

What is really offensive about her attitude is that Q gave her the opportunity to sell to a "larger " audience than she ever did at her Belle Gray boutique. 

And by that I mean, oddly, she often noted that her store inventory was offered only in very limited sizes.  Think skeletal Beverly Hills sizing.  Imagine if Q wanted her to be size inclusive and go beyond 3X (which I'm sure made her gag.)

I thought QVC was asking all the fashion vendors to start offering sizes up to 5X now. Will they eventually drop the vendors if they won't offer those sizes?

So, suppose Lisa goes along with the extended sizing so she can keep her $$$ QVC gig. I can just picture her standing there on Skype during a presentation, grinding her teeth and pretending to smile when the host mentions her clothes are available up to 5X.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

A tiered sundress. Is that in style? I think 1980 is the last time I saw that 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, hummingbird said:

give you that point

but, not spaghetti or strapless and not too long  the ground so there's a lot going for it

not loving the prints

 

I don’t mind the style. I just have no idea what is in style now. I agree about the prints. That flowered one is frumpy. I like the pale blue but I think it would be sheer. I wonder if it gets wrinkled after washing. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I like the TSV from the waist up—don’t care for the multiple tiers or most of the prints. I just checked it out online and a message popped up saying over 11,000 customers had added it to their carts today. Adding to the cart is one thing; finalizing the purchase is another. It’s one of those styles that I can imagine puts lots of people on the fence. I like that it has pockets, but I’d want to cut off that bottom tier. The price really isn’t that great compared to the sales other companies are having for essentially the same dress but more stylish and better color options.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Perhaps the TSV sundress is not selling as well as hoped, since they're not putting the what's available graphics on the bottom of the screen which would show that there is plenty left in certain colors.  Of course, it is Easter, so probably not as many people paying attention to Q today.

Also, they're calling it a linen blend.  It's got 7% linen, 53% cotton, and 40% rayon.

  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

I thought QVC was asking all the fashion vendors to start offering sizes up to 5X now. Will they eventually drop the vendors if they won't offer those sizes?

So, suppose Lisa goes along with the extended sizing so she can keep her $$$ QVC gig. I can just picture her standing there on Skype during a presentation, grinding her teeth and pretending to smile when the host mentions her clothes are available up to 5X.

Yes, sometime last year they told their fashion vendors that they would be required to make their new products in sizes up to 5X.  But between the stuff that was already in the pipeline at that point (or facing shipping delays) and older product they're putting on air, there are still plenty of items being sold that only go up to usually 3X and sometimes 4X.

But I get the sense that it was D&Co that was one of the brands, if not the brand, at the forefront of going up to 5X and when the people at Q realized what a good idea it was turning out to be, decided to get into line everyone else who hadn't already started doing the same thing.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Perhaps the TSV sundress is not selling as well as hoped, since they're not putting the what's available graphics on the bottom of the screen which would show that there is plenty left in certain colors.  Of course, it is Easter, so probably not as many people paying attention to Q today.

Also, they're calling it a linen blend.  It's got 7% linen, 53% cotton, and 40% rayon.

I noticed the “7%” linen, too! 
Only looked at the TSV online.  Not flattering on me, I’m sure.

 

I saw a lot of similar styles ( what I would call 1970’s-era) at Target the other day.  Loose, flowy.

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Thumper said:

I noticed the “7%” linen, too! 
Only looked at the TSV online.  Not flattering on me, I’m sure.

 

I noticed a lot of similar styles ( what I would call 1970’s-era) at Target the other day.  Loose, flowy.

Way too flowy - baggy, really. Pat looked like she had gained 20 lbs. in the black one.

  • Like 3
  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post

I did see Carolyn wearing the TSV this morning. She was wearing the one called Coral Palm. She didn’t look horrible. It’s one of those dresses that fits everyone pretty much. She wore it with a matching denim jacket. The jackets were a great match. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size