Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

40 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

@letusprocrastinate

When I first started reading this and saw the picture, my mind went to you saying something about David V! So sorry, but the way she had them stretched out. . .

Trust me, when I typed that I figured people would automatically equate David to Venable.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

How can a 2020 Food Award Nominee be also "New Today"????????

(M-68370, the Rastelli 8 count of 10 oz stuffed and breaded chicken breasts, $79.99)

• Useful 1
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 1

QVC's merch strategy and PR seem to be all over the place. On one hand you have Alberti raving and perhaps peeing on himself about some product and how it's the first time they've had the item since June....(to which I reply to the TV -- "uh, that's only two months ago.")

On the other hand it's only early August and already some brands have had their last TSV of the year. Yet Josie Maran and Philosophy seem to have one every other month. 

I can only imagine how utterly repetitive QVC's holiday season offerings will be. I don't even want to think about it. I'm turned off already and it's not even pumpkin picking time yet.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

12 hours ago, selhars said:

QVC's merch strategy and PR seem to be all over the place. On one hand you have Alberti raving and perhaps peeing on himself about some product and how it's the first time they've had the item since June....(to which I reply to the TV -- "uh, that's only two months ago.")

On the other hand it's only early August and already some brands have had their last TSV of the year. Yet Josie Maran and Philosophy seem to have one every other month. 

I can only imagine how utterly repetitive QVC's holiday season offerings will be. I don't even want to think about it. I'm turned off already and it's not even pumpkin picking time yet.

?  Dan said the phone was a Big Deal twice and now it's a TSV?  what's up with that

plus it's a year old model 

Edited by hummingbird
  • Sad 3

Re: All the on-air mentions about pumpkin-picking.

What percentage of people in this country actually go pumpkin-picking? 

I would hazard a guess that most people pick their pumpkins at a grocery store or a garden center.  I also guess that "Wear this when you go to the Safeway/Wegmans/Kroger/Publix/Schnucks/Albertsons to pick your pumpkins!" wouldn't be a great sales line.

• Laugh 8

We used to go apple picking and pumpkin picking every year when I was a kid and I continued on with my kids. It’s not a quaint Hallmark movie scene. You get dirty. Old clothes and boots were the standard uniform. 
Maybe hosts do their picking at the farmers market. And that would be a much better tagline. Q, add that to the script. 

Edited by LeeDenny
  • Like 6
  • Useful 3
  • Laugh 1

15 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

I would hazard a guess that most people pick their pumpkins at a grocery store or a garden center.  I also guess that "Wear this when you go to the Safeway/Wegmans/Kroger/Publix/Schnucks/Albertsons to pick your pumpkins!" wouldn't be a great sales line.

That's where I do my pumpkin picking. And I'm not "picking" out a special outfit to do that.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 4

1 hour ago, letusprocrastinate said:

PA, nj, NY CT MA. it's a thing 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

The crowds have gotten so bad at the farms in NY in Oct, it's not even fun anymore IMO.  If I don't get there by mid Sept I don't go.  The same with apple picking.  A couple of people have told me over the last couple of years they drove all the way upstate from the NYC area to go apple picking only to be turned away because they ran out of apples!  Imagine! I'm surprised the Q doesn't promote apple picking as much as pumpkin picking??  I guess it's not a thing in their insulted Q bubble!

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 1
  • Useful 4

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

36 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

The crowds have gotten so bad at the farms in NY in Oct, it's not even fun anymore IMO.  If I don't get there by mid Sept I don't go.  The same with apple picking.  A couple of people have told me over the last couple of years they drove all the way upstate from the NYC area to go apple picking only to be turned away because they ran out of apples!  Imagine! I'm surprised the Q doesn't promote apple picking as much as pumpkin picking??  I guess it's not a thing in their insulted Q bubble!

I'm learning stuff today.  How can you tell I come from a section of the continent in which pumpkin and apple picking aren't things to do in the autumn?  It's truly a foreign concept to me.

• Like 6

Lots of apple picking in Minnesota too; pumpkin picking to a lesser degree.  Many of the apple farms have other activities so it can be a nice family outing.  But QVC does go on and on about it!

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

I'm learning stuff today.  How can you tell I come from a section of the continent in which pumpkin and apple picking aren't things to do in the autumn?  It's truly a foreign concept to me.

My daughter lived in Texas for a few years and found out that apple picking is totally unknown there as is selling a slice of pizza you could only buy a whole pie

• Useful 1
  • Surprise 2

41 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Lots of apple picking in Minnesota too; pumpkin picking to a lesser degree.  Many of the apple farms have other activities so it can be a nice family outing.  But QVC does go on and on about it!

West Chester county is deep in the heart of Pennsylvania farmland so the fact that they go on and on about it isn't really that surprising and when your kids a little it's a super fun thing to do

• Like 2

5 hours ago, hummingbird said:

?  Dan said the phone was a Big Deal twice and now it's a TSV?  what's up with that

plus it's a year old model 

I think you answered you own question!

The fact you said it's a year old model and has been the Big deal twice and is now a TSV means it wasn't selling

• Like 5

Jen, Jen, 

talking about Brookstone and their stores,   should I tell her they went out of business a couple of years ago ?

#outoftouch

• Like 1
  • Laugh 8

1 hour ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Really?  I'm in Maryland, not far from you, I think.  Both pumpkin and apple picking are a "thing" here.  In Virginia, lots of places in Leesburg.

All of my family is in Kentucky - pumpkin patch outings are pretty common there, too.  Not apples......not a big crop grown there.  Maybe because of climate?

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Really?  I'm in Maryland, not far from you, I think.  Both pumpkin and apple picking are a "thing" here.

All of my family is in Kentucky - pumpkin patch outings are pretty common there, too.

Yes, you're right that I live near you and I could go apple or pumpkin picking, but I grew up in the Canadian Prairies so that skews my viewpoint as to their relative popularity.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 2

In NY, NJ, CT, PA areas pumpkin and apple picking usually includes hay rides, corn mazes, fresh pies, apple cidar, apple donuts, a farmers market or general store, bouncy houses, face painting, petting zoos and some farms are even selling pumpkin beer now on tap! 

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, hummingbird said:

Definitely a thing in New England. But we're a good 6-8 weeks away from it. But the Q loves to push the seasons, so...

• Like 2

Today's TSV: this hideous patterned blazer (among others) in an "even denser" (quoth Graver) liquid knit.

Reminds me of the polyester uniform I had to wear when I worked at a movie theater back in the 80s -- I'd wash it and it came out of the machine barely damp. I always thought that was creepy.

And yeah, speaking of 80s Dynasty cos-play...

373357870_ScreenShot2020-08-07at12_09_03AM.png.3ec562cc45075973aec5669a2be1dc93.png

Just now, Syringa Vulgaris said:

Today's TSV: this hideous patterned blazer (among others) in an "even denser" (quoth Graver) liquid knit.

Reminds me of the polyester uniform I had to wear when I worked at a movie theater back in the 80s -- I'd wash it and it came out of the machine barely damp. I always thought that was creepy.

373357870_ScreenShot2020-08-07at12_09_03AM.png.3ec562cc45075973aec5669a2be1dc93.png

ETA: I'm convinced this is the least-sexy fabric known to mankind. Yeeech.

• Laugh 11

hmm

last year a selection of jackets good idea

this year where to wear them,?   matching mask would make them an easier sale 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 3

wish the hosts and reps would stop comparing the clothing to "jammies" or Pj's or baby clothing

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Well now Susan is comparing her blazer to Armani.

I figure they must plan these TSVs a year out.  Agree not great for today’s world, but who plans a pandemic?

Now she said she could see the floral blazer with a ruffled white blouse!!!  Seinfeld ruffled shirt???  😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Laugh 9

Confession:  I kind of like the animal print!   😳😳😳🥴🥴🥴😁😁😁

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

16 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Well now Susan is comparing her blazer to Armani.

I figure they must plan these TSVs a year out.  Agree not great for today’s world, but who plans a pandemic?

Now she said she could see the floral blazer with a ruffled white blouse!!!  Seinfeld ruffled shirt???  😂😂😂

Armani does blazers with bonded fabric instead of lined?

• Laugh 2

10 hours ago, Syringa Vulgaris said:

Needs linebacker-esque shoulder pads.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

11 hours ago, Syringa Vulgaris said:

Morty doesn't agree!

The-nanny-3.jpg

• Laugh 11

I personally don't see what is that awful about the black animal or snake jackets, the style is very basic,  the fabric might be iffy.

the fact that it was planned a year ago might be coloring our view of the item and of course Susan theyentagrater 

• Like 3

Not sure which thread this belongs in, but yesterday I was watching HSN and they were selling a clothing line that is an offshoot of Cuddle Duds (I think?) or was it one of the others.  Anyhow, she said QVC sold "X" brand, and HSN wanted to sell it too, but they wanted to adjust it for the HSN Customer.  So they called it something different.  I wonder what is so different about the HSN customer from the QVC customer?  Any ideas?  (Maybe geared more toward warmer weather?)

• Useful 3

Animal print of any kind will remind me of Peggy Bundy forever. 
54C5BF6C-69FE-4958-8F81-29C13AD12D30.jpeg.78ccb5e58cba2c8b7ce0772e341a1ae0.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Laugh 12

It really pays to comparison shop.  Sandra just showed a pair of Clark's shoes (Linvale Jerica style) for QVC price $77.  The Clark's website has them at $70 with some colors at $59.99.  Macy's, Amazon, and Shoes.com have colors for even less.  There are so many things I've seen on QVC but ended up buying elsewhere for less.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 7

I didn't see anything wrong with Susan's blazer TSV other than the fabric and the price. It was a plastic classic blazer which works with everything. 

I really like the looks of the Vionic snake'n'suede TSV bootie. I'm saying that as a person who really doesn't like snakes to the point of not buying that print. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

6 hours ago, TexasTiffany said:

I didn't see anything wrong with Susan's blazer TSV other than the fabric and the price. It was a plastic classic blazer which works with everything. 

I really like the looks of the Vionic snake'n'suede TSV bootie. I'm saying that as a person who really doesn't like snakes to the point of not buying that print. 

I was just looking at I guess the rerun channel which has Pat and Susan- and now Pat is showing the liquid knit blazer. ( new to me). So I was curious to see it... And in their brilliance, they are showing it on a model wearing it in black, over a black shirt and black pants. Way to see the detail shape fit NOT>  seriously!?

• Like 2
  • Laugh 9

10 hours ago, TexasTiffany said:

Vionic had a similar snake'n'suede TSV a couple of years ago. They're very comfortable and have held up well.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

Nice half-tuck Liam.  NOT.

This is the first H-T I've seen on a man; at least an intentional one.  

Not a fan of the half-man-tuck.  Looks like he created a package-viewing window.

fullsizeoutput_782.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Laugh 16
  • Surprise 4

5 hours ago, Friday said:

Not a fan of the half-man-tuck.  Looks like he created a package-viewing window.

fullsizeoutput_782.jpeg

Is that a Vionic insole or are you just happy to see me?

• Laugh 16

17 minutes ago, Captain Bob said:

Is that a Vionic insole or are you just happy to see me?

This is approaching R-rated TV

• Like 5
  • Laugh 3

2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I will NEVER understand the half-tuck on anyone. 

It worked for Wayne Gretzky and that's about it, although his hockey jersey tuck was on the side.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3

2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I will NEVER understand the half-tuck on anyone. 

i like the look 

5 hours ago, Friday said:

half-man-tuck.  Looks like he created a package-viewing window.

that's a good one 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Friday said:

That's EXACTLY what it looks like, and now I can't un-see it!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4

18 hours ago, Friday said:

fullsizeoutput_782.jpeg

Looks like he needs a smaller window 🙄

• Laugh 12

I LOVE all day cooking shows, but will not need hour-long Vitamix commercials all day. And, it will also depend on who is hosting. Will NOT watch a show with Rachel/Alberti. I did see Julia C on this morning for an hour long show before Caroline came on. First, I had never even seen her, but read a lot, and now she is on all the time. It's not helping! I am not a fan. But, I wonder why it was just her for an hour. Is that all they think she is capable of?

• Like 3

Hour long Vitamix presentations are by far worse than CIJ marathons. They don't even look good on a counter.  Nothing about it appeals to me.  

• Like 5