Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

4 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

4 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I watched a bit of Chaz Dean's WEN stuff this afternoon.  I don't even know where to start.......he's always been a bit odd to me in both the looks department and demeanor.  Now, he's over the top.  Just plain weird.  I swear, he's like a Bubble Boy - can't do this, can't wear that, this gives him migraines, can't be in the sun.......on and on and on.  I get it and feel for him, but couldn't he try to be just a little bit normal?

I think that once people become wealthy, they can get more nitpicky, especially if they are celebrities who have an entourage of people stroking their egos.. The rest of us have to learn to live with a lot of crap.

Edited 4 hours ago by Coffeecup

Maybe Chaz Dean and the Unwashed One could be sent to a camp this summer. Some sort of bucolic place where they can be coaxed out of their eccentricities and back to a sense of renewed normalcy.

Arts, crafts, songs.  Whatever it takes. Hmm?

• Laugh 12

12 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

It's been an all day beauty day at QVC, yet Jane still has to get in her 2 hour namesake shoe shopping show.

I swear that QVC looks at their inventory and just gives her the ugliest shoes they have in their warehouse to sell in these two hours.

LOL, probably that's what they do. Jane is so enthusiastic that she will make her best effort to sell anything they give her.

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

It's been an all day beauty day at QVC, yet Jane still has to get in her 2 hour namesake shoe shopping show.

I swear that QVC looks at their inventory and just gives her the ugliest shoes they have in their warehouse to sell in these two hours.

Agree.  Once in awhile she gets some funky L’Artiste shoes that I like — others may find them ugly! 😁

I like the colorful shrug she is wearing.  Anyone know if it’s a Q item?

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Thumper said:

That's Isaac A395164, in mint. 

I'll be here all week. 

• Like 7
  • Laugh 3

1 hour ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

They'd better be clearing out the warehouse. There aren't any new shoes getting through the Suez Canal. 🤔

image.png.2b950afe88f6c626d57c6a8e4bf04392.png

• Laugh 7

22 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

They'd better be clearing out the warehouse. There aren't any new shoes getting through the Suez Canal. 🤔

Oops !  Someone asleep at the wheel ? 

• Laugh 3

11 hours ago, Thumper said:

Agree.  Once in awhile she gets some funky L’Artiste shoes that I like — others may find them ugly! 😁

Has anyone noticed this about our friend Jane......She is CONSTANTLY adjusting whatever top/shirt she wears, she even pulls it down prior to sitting down on the couch.  It almost is a nervous tick, it is constant.  Next time she’s on, watch it.  It’s very odd 

• Like 3
  • Useful 4

10 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

I said to parallel park!

• Laugh 4

The ship is still blocking the canal. So all the other ships are waiting. The canal is used by about 10% of the world’s shipping. If you look at the very right, where the sand and water meet, you can see a digger. That ship is massive!

Maybe we’ll be seeing a lot more advanced ordering. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

Jill B did that all the time,  it's because the clothing doesn't fit them properly

across the sizes of all the women most of the time they are in too small clothing , even Ade had on some pants that were too tight for her 

It’s almost like a nervous tick.  Wouldn’t you just wear a shirt that fits properly?  Since I noticed this, I am fixated on it, not even paying attention to what she is selling lol

• Like 3
  • Laugh 3

12 hours ago, Drogo said:

That's Isaac A395164, in mint. 

I'll be here all week. 

Thank you!  I took a closer look and it’s a “no” for me.

• Laugh 2

5 hours ago, Etherbunny said:

Has anyone noticed this about our friend Jane......She is CONSTANTLY adjusting whatever top/shirt she wears, she even pulls it down prior to sitting down on the couch.  It almost is a nervous tick, it is constant.  Next time she’s on, watch it.  It’s very odd 

I've noticed it too. Very distracting.

4 hours ago, hummingbird said:

Jill B did that all the time,  it's because the clothing doesn't fit them properly

across the sizes of all the women most of the time they are in too small clothing , even Ade had on some pants that were too tight for her 

Absolutely! Everything is ill-fitting (i.e., too small) and therefore shows every lump and bump, which is why the constant tugging. Carolyn does it too, although not nearly as much as Jane.

• Like 8

It's amazing how sensitive world-wide shipping is to the slightest hiccup in the system. I think covid related stoppages led to many of the advance order items.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, letusprocrastinate said:

They've got the ship, which is longer than 4 football fields laid end-to-end(!), partially dislodged:

https://nypost.com/2021/03/24/giant-container-ship-blocking-suez-canal-partially-moved/

What happened to proofreading? The NY Post called that ship "Ever Given" throughout the article. You can clearly see from the pictures and video that the name is "Evergreen." Did somebody dictate the article to AI software, and it screwed up the name?

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3

7 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

The ship is still blocking the canal. So all the other ships are waiting. The canal is used by about 10% of the world’s shipping. If you look at the very right, where the sand and water meet, you can see a digger. That ship is massive!

Maybe we’ll be seeing a lot more advanced ordering. 

Yeah, each one of those shipping containers loaded on board are about the size of a semi trailer.  Makes one wonder wth happened.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

What happened to proofreading? The NY Post called that ship "Ever Given" throughout the article. You can clearly see from the pictures and video that the name is "Evergreen." Did somebody dictate the article to AI software, and it screwed up the name?

Evergreen is the shipping line and Ever Given is the actual ship. Articles have flip-flopped the names. 
I’m really all in on this news for some reason. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

1 hour ago, LeeDenny said:

Evergreen is the shipping line and Ever Given is the actual ship. Articles have flip-flopped the names. 

Yes. I worked in import-export for 20+ years. All of their ship names are Ever "something". Ever Glory, Ever Globe, etc. Those container ships really are huge. It was always frustrating trying to explain to customers or sales reps why, once the ship arrived, you couldn't get their order through Customs and delivered faster than all the other ones on the same ship. You don't really have much of a choice where your container is on the ship. I think you can request above deck or below deck but other than that no choice.

• Useful 9

4 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

Thanks for the clarification! I would never have guessed the ship's real name was Ever Given, because it didn't make any sense. Just looked the Evergreen Marine Company up on Wikipedia, and learned that they name their cargo ships Ever-[something]. For example, they have a new one named the Ever Fortune.

Anyway, this was a terrible accident in terms of international commerce.  I didn't realize how important the canal is, accounting for 30% of daily container ship traffic globally. The Suez Canal is used for transporting oil as well as merchandise, so gas prices might go up temporarily, according to news reports.

*sigh* Another shipping delay excuse for QVC.

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

so gas prices might go up temporarily, according to news reports.

Uh huh.  Gas prices go up when a gnat farts in Sioux Falls, so...

• Like 2
  • Laugh 8

I am amused and bemused when a whole evening or day will go by with no comments here.  Is anyone watching?  I’ll admit I don’t watch Wednesdays much because I know it will be kitchen.  Same with gardening or electronics.  Byeee!!! 😁

Edited by Thumper

9 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

*sigh* Another shipping delay excuse for QVC.

They should rename that ship: Ever Late. (I can picture Blabby submitting her name request to that company: Ever Jane)

I'm waiting for an item I ordered on March 16th and it doesn't show as shipped yet. I've been wondering if I should cancel. Doubtful my item is on that ship, but I couldn't resist poking fun.

• Like 6
  • Laugh 3

3 hours ago, TexasTiffany said:

They should rename that ship: Ever Late. (I can picture Blabby submitting her name request to that company: Ever Jane)

I'm waiting for an item I ordered on March 16th and it doesn't show as shipped yet. I've been wondering if I should cancel. Doubtful my item is on that ship, but I couldn't resist poking fun.

Ever Jane!  I love it! Then she could ask that the entire ship be full of shoes for her shows.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

9 hours ago, Thumper said:

I am amused and bemused when a whole evening or day will go by with no comments here.  Is anyone watching?  I’ll admit I don’t watch Wednesdays much because I know it will be kitchen.  Same with gardening or electronics.  Byeee!!! 😁

I'm serious when I say that I have averaged maybe 5 minutes of viewing per month over the past year or so.  I'm just not interested in the theater, nor the personalities involved.  If I think that QVC may have a product I'm looking for (that itself is becoming a rare event), I will check the website.

I was never really a watcher of HSN or the other also-rans, so yeah, I'm pretty much out.

• Like 9

I kind of love the Miz Mooz TSV sandal, because it is different in a funky but not (to me) “matronly” sandal.  Just not sure I’d get much  use out of it.  Also,  the ankle strap, which cuts off the leg line.  Will ponder.

I have a Miz Mooz bootie, and the leather is so soft.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Thumper said:

I kind of love the Miz Mooz TSV sandal, because it is different in a funky but not (to me) “matronly” sandal.  Just not sure I’d get much  use out of it.  Also,  the ankle strap, which cuts off the leg line.  Will ponder.

I have a Miz Mooz bootie, and the leather is so soft.

They are cute, but ankle straps drive me crazy. I’ve tried but I just can’t wear them. Sigh. 🙁

• Like 2

The TS sandals are really cute. 

Sadly, I can’t wear ankle straps either. I am very much Princess and the Pea when it comes to shoes. 

• Like 3

That jumpsuit is cute, but for someone with a flat tummy.  Not me!😂😂. Also a pain for bathroom.  I must be old that I am so practical! 🤪

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4

I'm willing to wear ankle strap shoes because they keep the shoes on my feet! I have trouble getting a good fit because by the time I find a shoe that doesn't pinch my toes, the heel is too loose. Lots of problems with heel slippage; I am always having to put those adhesive heel pads in the backs of my shoes. The ankle strap keeps me from walking out of the shoe.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

I'm willing to wear ankle strap shoes because they keep the shoes on my feet! I have trouble getting a good fit because by the time I find a shoe that doesn't pinch my toes, the heel is too loose. Lots of problems with heel slippage; I am always having to put those adhesive heel pads in the backs of my shoes. The ankle strap keeps me from walking out of the shoe.

That is a problem. I remember shoe shopping with my mom, she had a quad heel. This was pre- internet, and I remember being surrounded by shoe boxes, and it seemed like we were in the store for hours. I’m grateful for my easy to find and fit 9.5 B’s.

• Like 2

I think it’s funny they are spray painting everything blue with the TSV. I guess it’s the only color that shows up bright enough on screen. It’s not a bad price ($99.98) but after using it once I’d probably never use it again. OMG! I just realized Shawn’s glasses & painters vest are blue, too. Maybe, they’ll switch it up later today & use the color red. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Thumper said:

I must be old that I am so practical! 🤪

That's not age, that's wisdom.  I stopped wearing jumpsuits in my 30's because belt + jumpsuit + bathroom = unfortunate circumstances.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

42 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

That's not age, that's wisdom.  I stopped wearing jumpsuits in my 30's because belt + jumpsuit + bathroom = unfortunate circumstances.

Yep. I tried wearing jumpsuits when I was young too, and had the same problem.

• Like 2

It’s Spring on the Q today. Perfect timing since it was 80 degrees in the West Chester area yesterday. It’s in the 70’s today. They usually have outdoor rugs so I will have to what they show today & what price. I have a Lowe’s literally 2 minutes from me so I’ve been shopping up a storm there. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, ByaNose said:

It’s Spring on the Q today. Perfect timing since it was 80 degrees in the West Chester area yesterday. It’s in the 70’s today. They usually have outdoor rugs so I will have to what they show today & what price. I have a Lowe’s literally 2 minutes from me so I’ve been shopping up a storm there. 

I turned it on since the weather has me thinking of working in the garden. Saw some stupid adjustable stool and a fake boxwood sphere and turned it right off again.

Edit: Turned it on again now and they are selling a Rose of Sharon for $85 that I could get at the local garden center for maybe $35. And my local garden center is fairly expensive. 

Edited by Captain Bob
  • Like 7
  • Surprise 1

2 hours ago, Captain Bob said:

I turned it on since the weather has me thinking of working in the garden. Saw some stupid adjustable stool and a fake boxwood sphere and turned it right off again.

Edit: Turned it on again now and they are selling a Rose of Sharon for $85 that I could get at the local garden center for maybe $35. And my local garden center is fairly expensive. 

Everything usually looks good and gives you great ideas but is sooooooo overpriced. That said, I was just at Target (I really want to spend today, don’t I?) and, everything was already picked over. The outdoor stuff was very bare. I was kind of shocked. I guess people went out earlier this year since they feel better about their surroundings this spring/summer than last year which didn’t  exist. 

• Like 3

The LOGO tsv is beyond hideous and unflattering!  When is the Q going to start selling some real clothing!?

• Like 7

1 hour ago, mpeeps said:

The LOGO tsv is beyond hideous and unflattering!  When is the Q going to start selling some real clothing!?

I venture a guess that QVC is going to go down in flames still pushing Logo until its final show hits the air!

In other TSV news, Jiggly Jill's version of the Comfy is a TSV, too.  This is that one she was pushing on Instagram back in the Fall.  Guess it didn't sell very well? 

It's spring.......soon to be summer.......why now?  This should have been a TSV months ago if it wasn't already - sorry, I don't pay too much attention to their clothing, so I don't know if it's already been one or not.

• Like 5

Agree that Logo is getting repetitive, but I do like the tie-dye top part of the TSV.  Not a fan of the pleated ruffle at the bottoms of the under layer tank.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, mpeeps said:

That is the UGLYIST SHIT.  Just looks tired.  Get rid if LOGO.  It's done.

• Like 3

I didn't see the Logo TSV but I did see Gili Jill and the jumpsuit which was actually very nice and a great clearance price. ( I think it was like $32 or something like that . Definitely under 40). Anyway, she was wearing the jumpsuit in the red print,,,,,,,, and then took the furry blanket bathrobe looking jacket ( in rose) , put it on and was saying how great it was. 

the jumpsuit was like an orange red, and flowing ( as I said- it was very nice). but then put on this sweatshirt looking thing. I believe it looks like she done lost it. Big Time!

• Like 4

Saw a commercial for QVC on another channel this morning. Diva, CoKo, and Rachel (!) were featured. 

• Like 2
  • Surprise 3

40 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

just got an email for a pallett of home shopping stuff all Logo, IM , others, but pix mainly Logo, and Isaac.  they must order way more than they ever sell,  yet some stuff just sits on Q.com ,  

"We have bulk packs and pallets of well known brands from favorite TV shopping networks.  One of the perks of buying brands like these is that it comes with a built in customer base. Women, especially on eBay, know these brands and know how they fit. 

Brands you'll find in the pallet and NWT/RETURNS Mature packs include:

H by Halston

LOGO by Lori Goldstein

GILI

G by Giuliana

IMAN

and more!"

"Mature" packs? Meaning., they've been siting around in the warehouse until they were about to disintegrate from old age? 😄

And do these packs really come with a "built-in customer base"? If there were that many customers who liked those products, they wouldn't have to be dumped onto a pallet and sold cheap.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 4

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

Mature vs. Junior sizes , 

the resell biz is huge,  I am more interested in the Q selling so much paletted stuff instead of selling on the site or TV even at a reduced price ,  

Thanks for the factoid. I always thought the categories were called "misses" and "junior." Guess I'm out of date on fashion industry terminology, or else I never had it straight to begin with.

Speaking of juniors, remember when QVC was selling a cropped sweatshirt the other day, and everybody was commenting how silly it looked on Jackie? I saw a cropped sweatshirt today at Target -- in the little girls' department! That's who should wear it, young girls and teens. It looks wrong on adult women.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

5 hours ago, hummingbird said:

just got an email for a pallett of home shopping stuff all Logo, IM , others, but pix mainly Logo, and Isaac.  they must order way more than they ever sell,  yet some stuff just sits on Q.com ,  

"We have bulk packs and pallets of well known brands from favorite TV shopping networks.  One of the perks of buying brands like these is that it comes with a built in customer base. Women, especially on eBay, know these brands and know how they fit. 

Brands you'll find in the pallet and NWT/RETURNS Mature packs include:

H by Halston

LOGO by Lori Goldstein

GILI

G by Giuliana

IMAN

and more!"

Don't ask how I know this, but if you get on Wally World's website and do a search for women's pedal pushers nearly all of the results are Q and HSN brands being sold by third-party vendors.

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 2

Skype pet: The Spenco shoe rep's cat, Tiny Cat. Kitty was sleepy and let out a huge yawn.

misc pics QVC pets Spenco TIny Cat 5 collage 1 3-29-21.jpg

misc pics QVC pets SPenco Tiny Cat 6 collage 2 3-29-21.jpg

• Like 1
  • Laugh 14

When my procrastinating self needs to get a life:  Looking at A-381553, Breezies underpants, and thinking to myself that the color described as Tanzanite looks nothing like the real thing.

• Laugh 7

4 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

When my procrastinating self needs to get a life:  Looking at A-381553, Breezies underpants, and thinking to myself that the color described as Tanzanite looks nothing like the real thing.

To piggyback on the thought........why do we need underpants/ bra models?  I think it’s totally unnecessary and find it irritating that they have the models standing there in their Breezies

• Like 2