Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

Patricia Nash was on HSN yesterday and I heard her say that brands that are 51% real leather can call themselves "leather" period, no additional explanation. 

• Useful 3
  • Surprise 3

Did anyone get an email supposedly from Qcard saying that if we didn't want to default to paperless billing automatically we had to opt out by clicking a link in the email by 4/6?  I don't click links in emails, no matter how legitimate they look.  So I logged into my  Qcard/synchrony bank acct and I see no such notice, and no message in the acct settings that indicates a deadline.   If this is legit then a similar notice should have been there.  I don't want email billing, too easy to miss when you get lots of emails. 

• Surprise 2

26 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

Did anyone get an email supposedly from Qcard saying that if we didn't want to default to paperless billing automatically we had to opt out by clicking a link in the email by 4/6?  I don't click links in emails, no matter how legitimate they look.  So I logged into my  Qcard/synchrony bank acct and I see no such notice, and no message in the acct settings that indicates a deadline.   If this is legit then a similar notice should have been there.  I don't want email billing, too easy to miss when you get lots of emails. 

Best thing to do is call Synchrony directly and talk to a customer service rep.  If it is indeed legitimate, they should be able to make certain your account indicates you still want bills in the mail, and if it's not they'll likely ask you to forward the email to them so their fraud department can deal with it.

BTW, you absolutely did the right thing by not clicking on that link.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 4

Oh Isaac. The TSV is perfectly awful. If I wanted some polyester pants, I would buy some liquid knit "trousahs". I assume these are for summer. If they were cotton or even rayon I might give a second look. Who wants to wear polyester in the summer? Everything is wrong with them. The style, the color palette. Awful in every way. MMV.

• Like 10
  • Laugh 1

9 minutes ago, sauce62 said:

Oh Isaac. The TSV is perfectly awful. If I wanted some polyester pants, I would buy some liquid knit "trousahs". I assume these are for summer. If they were cotton or even rayon I might give a second look. Who wants to wear polyester in the summer? Everything is wrong with them. The style, the color palette. Awful in every way. MMV.

Sometimes I wonder if at least some of what he presents on air under his brand name he would have scorned as a judge on Project Runway.

• Like 6
  • Laugh 2

Wasn't it just about a year ago the Issac TSV was lace cropped pants and we all wondered where the hell is anyone going to wear those?

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Wasn't it just about a year ago the Issac TSV was lace cropped pants and we all wondered where the hell is anyone going to wear those?

I bought the regular lace pants on clearance and they look like pajamas. They are very comfortable but I'm not sure I can wear them out of the house 😲 

• Like 2
  • Useful 4

With so many covid related manufacturing and overseas shipping problems, maybe they are just slapping labels on whatever merchandise a vendor has in the warehouse. I can’t think of any other reason for those pebble knit polyester pants to see the light of day. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 1

23 hours ago, kittygirl said:

May be other lines but Tiganello was one brand. The older bags were all leather but then started using fake leather (vinyl) on back of straps and trims. Tig soon disappeared.

I remember Tig. Years ago I had some nice all-leather Tig bags. I was so disappointed to hear that they started using cheapo vinyl on the trim.

Didn't QVC carry Stone Mountain leather bags at one time? Those used to be nice too.

• Like 5

I think they did carry Stone Mtn. Saw some last fall in a TJM which were nice but been a while since I saw them on Q.

I still have a couple of Tigs that are all leather. Might get one out for spring.

Edited by kittygirl
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

With so many covid related manufacturing and overseas shipping problems, maybe they are just slapping labels on whatever merchandise a vendor has in the warehouse. I can’t think of any other reason for those pebble knit polyester pants to see the light of day. 

And who came up with "pebble knit"?  That just makes it sound like they're going to be uncomfortable.

• Like 5

While presenting Barbara King’s Japanese Forest Grass plants, Alberti said that they remind him of the “before” hair in Wen presentations. Funny, because they remind me of Caro’s hair most days.

B792BD9B-B955-4439-BA8D-6034798EF400.thumb.jpeg.2405f93a3922a61b02ab35517cc19f81.jpeg

97D419FC-C27B-450E-8D26-DF856F182436.thumb.jpeg.80399b3c73c58e4366d136faa286f681.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Laugh 21

20 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

And who came up with "pebble knit"?

The popcorn ceiling guy of course.....

image.png.1b436e2c9ff472485015a137f32fa0f0.png

• Laugh 9

I vaguely remember having a red and white pebble knit sundress when I was little. That would have been around 1975. 
Those pants could have been in a warehouse that long. Polyester probably doesn’t ever rot.

Edited by LeeDenny
  • Laugh 4

Pebble Knit makes me think of the Pebble Leather on some handbags offered by QVC — which I do not care for.

• Like 2

Pebble knit designed by:

image.png.80359b37b9771158c86a70ab7c03a610.png

Next...Bam Bam garden tools designed by.....you got it:

image.png.5dff745bc1987a30150c124b3125618f.png

• Laugh 7

Amy looks a mess in this LOGO junk. Granted, the hair color doesn't work for her (she looks a thousand times better with black hair). But the LOGO crap doesn't help. I just don't get it, because she's an attractive woman, but between the frosted hair and LOGO attire she's just not looking great. 

QVC seems to be doubling down on the frumpy look. Quacker Factory looks like high-end fashion compared to this I-Stopped-Caring ware.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

10 minutes ago, Captain Bob said:

(she looks a thousand times better with black hair). But the LOGO crap doesn't help. I just don't get it,

I kind of hope that Amy Stran takes a cue from Courtney Khondabi and returns to her one color, deep, rich roots.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Captain Bob said:

Amy looks a mess in this LOGO junk. Granted, the hair color doesn't work for her (she looks a thousand times better with black hair). But the LOGO crap doesn't help. I just don't get it, because she's an attractive woman, but between the frosted hair and LOGO attire she's just not looking great. 

QVC seems to be doubling down on the frumpy look. Quacker Factory looks like high-end fashion compared to this I-Stopped-Caring ware.

Add Cuddl Duds to the list. 

20210315_220333.thumb.jpg.8ef13b733338fd44c14f385dd9f2d836.jpg20210315_220259.thumb.jpg.1cb0b8c160f916944a2aff61a6990303.jpg

• Like 6

Estee Lauder is actually going to be a tsv!  I guess with all the malls and dept stores closing, they need to resort to home shopping. Their night repair is a great product though as boring as it is. Tried and true!

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 5
  • Useful 3

On 3/15/2021 at 10:43 PM, lovemesomejoolery said:

So, Estee Lauder products are going to be sold on QVC?

It's not like Lauder can't be bought anywhere else........very boring.

It's not most of their junk can't be bought anywhere else. Honestly, the channel has gotten so bad it's almost not even fun to mock it anymore. 

• Like 10

I wonder how successful they have been with the products they bring in to attract a younger audience. It seems like the clothing lines don't last very long. I bet a lot of the makeup lines are shipped directly from the vendor so it probably doesn't cost the vendors much to be on there. And if they don't sell much through Q, no big deal. Programmer Jennifer, we demand answers.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 5

I love looking at the sweaters on Irish days, but I have two that I never wear.  Too expensive to give away!! 😂. I guess I will just look at them and admire them.  lol.   Kind of like that Quacker Factory appliquéd suede jacket I have!

• Like 5
  • Laugh 4

On 3/15/2021 at 10:50 PM, mpeeps said:

Estee Lauder is actually going to be a tsv!  I guess with all the malls and dept stores closing, they need to resort to home shopping. Their night repair is a great product though as boring as it is. Tried and true!

Unfortunately, everybody on QVC presented it as an old lady product. They all went on and on about remembering their mothers using it, and other old products such as Youth Dew. Estee Lauder needs a perked-up ad campaign for the product, leaving out the emphasis on the history of the Mrs. Lauder, and positioning it as competitive with newer products. Maybe they could also repackage it in some more attractive bottles. Those bottles are very meh.

• Like 12
  • Useful 3

EL is definitely recognized as a mature and classic product line. An original in the beauty business. Sadly, the Q hosts made sure to remind us over and over.  I discovered the Night Repair from numerous bonus samples my Mom or I would get by purchasing their other products over the years. I didn't realize it worked until I stopped using it for and few days. It's one of the few serums that absorbs quickly into the skin, is not smelly (very important), nice texture and makes your skin feel and look soft. Their Doublewear foundation is great too but expensive and there's much more affordable and just as good out there in the drugstores.  They should update the boring brown bottle. Reminds me of Perricone which I tried a sample and not good.  

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 4
  • Useful 6

9 hours ago, Thumper said:

I love looking at the sweaters on Irish days, but I have two that I never wear.  Too expensive to give away!!

Make them into objets d'art:

image.png.9a8173e76fdc016a897e04c4cff09835.pngimage.png.69b1623769649e9255a555480b01c925.png

18 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

I can never tell who QVC wants to sell to ,

image.png.ef89e38a33e1f854dd577ad702f40ec9.png

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 8

15 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Unfortunately, everybody on QVC presented it as an old lady product. They all went on and on about remembering their mothers using it, and other old products such as Youth Dew. Estee Lauder needs a perked-up ad campaign for the product, leaving out the emphasis on the history of the Mrs. Lauder, and positioning it as competitive with newer products. Maybe they could also repackage it in some more attractive bottles. Those bottles are very meh.

Almost ten years ago, Estee Lauder did their collab with Lilly Pulitzer. It was very popular, but I think people were buying rando stuff just to get the Lilly bag and Lilly branded GWP items. I don't think it did anything to create brand loyalty. I myself did not continue to use any of the products I bought so I could get the GWP. Estee Lauder was a few years ahead of the 2015 Lilly x Target that basically broke Target and caused the cancellation of the in-person Lilly Pulitzer Warehouse Sale (of which I was a camp out veteran). 

I agree on the repackaging and I think they would be wise to launch another collab with brighter/more luxe looking containers. In this age of social media and social media influencing, everything is about how things look in photographs. Although I do think Advance Night Repair should stay the same in its chem lab bottle - that is a forever classic!

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

On 3/17/2021 at 10:54 PM, Coffeecup said:

And the callers always start out like... "I'm 80 years old"....

• Laugh 1

6 minutes ago, rocketinu said:

So is Quacker Factory gone from qvc?

No, but the hours have been drastically reduced and most of the little time it has is spent over on Q2 (Angel is one of the OAPs who does a host-your-own live show once a week).  Angel has said on air more than once that it's because they're having trouble getting new product in from overseas so they have less available to sell.  They've also started saying this more with respect to D&Co and I'm sure they have problems with others, so there's more than one clothing brand in which they're digging stuff out of the warehouse just to have stuff to put on air.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2

1 hour ago, JT57 said:

And the callers always start out like... "I'm 80 years old"....

Old lady product or not, it is a great line, IMHO.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

No, but the hours have been drastically reduced and most of the little time it has is spent over on Q2 (Angel is one of the OAPs who does a host-your-own live show once a week).  Angel has said on air more than once that it's because they're having trouble getting new product in from overseas so they have less available to sell.  They've also started saying this more with respect to D&Co and I'm sure they have problems with others, so there's more than one clothing brand in which they're digging stuff out of the warehouse just to have stuff to put on air.

Does this mean *gasp* no more pallets?!

• Laugh 7

2 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

Does this mean *gasp* no more pallets?!

"Joe, get that off the pallet!  They need to fill up time next Tuesday!"

(In all seriousness, right now the reigning Champeen of the Pallet Treatment is Christmas decor, led by VPH products, followed by the perpetually-there Breezies.  Quacker doesn't seem to show up that often.)

Edited by letusprocrastinate · Reason: As always, I need to get a life
  • Like 3

Shawn with her hair & glasses. Yeah! I can’t take her seriously at all. That said, the sweater is cute. I don’t know if I’d wear it but it’s sorta cute, right?

5DE1FF5D-042C-4FAD-B31C-F994133C6093.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Surprise 1

5 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Shawn with her hair & glasses. Yeah! I can’t take her seriously at all. That said, the sweater is cute. I don’t know if I’d wear it but it’s sorta cute, right?

5DE1FF5D-042C-4FAD-B31C-F994133C6093.jpeg

I’d get that sweater if it were longer. 

• Like 2

Read on Facebook that Kerstin’s mom passed away.  Sad, she appeared to be quite young 

• Sad 5

3 hours ago, Etherbunny said:

Read on Facebook that Kerstin’s mom passed away.  Sad, she appeared to be quite young 

Kerstin said her mom was born in 1947, so she was 71, young for a senior.

• Surprise 1
  • Sad 3

She would be 74 in 2021. So she was either 73 or 74 depending on her birthday.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, kittygirl said:

She would be 74 in 2021. So she was either 73 or 74 depending on her birthday.

Still quite young for this to happen. I wonder if she had early onset Alzheimer's. My mother had it, but she didn't show symptoms until she was almost 80.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 2

Nearly $25 per pan of a 2-set of St. Clair's 2-lb spinach casserole and mac and cheese?  Good grief.

(M-73076)

• Surprise 6

18 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Kerstin said her mom was born in 1947, so she was 71, young for a senior.

And Kerstin is young to be losing her Mother.  Sad and life changing 😔

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

I thought about trying this Laura G TSV when I saw it on the QVC home page a couple of days ago, but watching Laura’s brief demo video about the colors made me see it’s not for me. Not one cool shade for those who have pink undertones.  Her range is more limited that It Cosmetics.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3

I don't buy the story that they can't get product.  Other lines like Logo, Gravel, Graver and the like don't seem to be having problems getting their stuff.  Maybe if they didn't produce their products in slave labor camps in China, they wouldn't have so many problems.  Yeah, yeah, I know things would cost more, but I have no problem with that.  Hell, Graver's stuff is already expensive even though it's made overseas.

When did Q start not allowing returns on sale items?  I noticed today on Q2, they're doing clearance items and it's all sales final, no returns whatsoever.  I know I've returned sale items before when they didn't fit.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 2

18 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

I don't buy the story that they can't get product.  Other lines like Logo, Gravel, Graver and the like don't seem to be having problems getting their stuff.  Maybe if they didn't produce their products in slave labor camps in China, they wouldn't have so many problems.  Yeah, yeah, I know things would cost more, but I have no problem with that.  Hell, Graver's stuff is already expensive even though it's made overseas.

When did Q start not allowing returns on sale items?  I noticed today on Q2, they're doing clearance items and it's all sales final, no returns whatsoever.  I know I've returned sale items before when they didn't fit.  

From what I understand, with the items that get the final sale designation returns are only allowed if something is defective or Q screwed up, like sending someone the wrong item.  Otherwise, congrats, you own it.

Some of that stuff has likely been sitting around for years.  As well, they're also clearing out things that are very limited in size and/or color, so even if you wanted to do an exchange you probably can't.

• Like 4

I watched a bit of Chaz Dean's WEN stuff this afternoon.  I don't even know where to start.......he's always been a bit odd to me in both the looks department and demeanor.  Now, he's over the top.  Just plain weird.  I swear, he's like a Bubble Boy - can't do this, can't wear that, this gives him migraines, can't be in the sun.......on and on and on.  I get it and feel for him, but couldn't he try to be just a little bit normal?

• Like 10
  • Laugh 1

6 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I watched a bit of Chaz Dean's WEN stuff this afternoon.  I don't even know where to start.......he's always been a bit odd to me in both the looks department and demeanor.  Now, he's over the top.  Just plain weird.  I swear, he's like a Bubble Boy - can't do this, can't wear that, this gives him migraines, can't be in the sun.......on and on and on.  I get it and feel for him, but couldn't he try to be just a little bit normal?

I think that once people become wealthy, they can get more nitpicky, especially if they are celebrities who have an entourage of people stroking their egos.. The rest of us have to learn to live with a lot of crap.

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Like 9
  • Useful 1

It's been an all day beauty day at QVC, yet Jane still has to get in her 2 hour namesake shoe shopping show.

I swear that QVC looks at their inventory and just gives her the ugliest shoes they have in their warehouse to sell in these two hours.

• Like 9
  • Laugh 5