Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

3 hours ago, Lady J said:

My experience is that posters who approve of the Pillow guy are the usual offenders, but posters used to say he was creepy.

NM

Edited by lovemesomejoolery

MyPillow isn't going to be showing up on Q or HSN anyway; it moved to Evine/ShopHQ in mid-2019.  Looks like SHQ has jettisoned the brand, although that channel has reduced its on-air time for home goods so much in the past two years that doing so made a rather insignificant dent in its programming.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

First, thanks to the posters who expressed compassion about my experience over at that other board. I guess I am too naive and sensitive, but, whatever. They still like me on the Kitchen and TV threads!

@lovemesomejoolery - you are awesome!!

I  agree that the usual nasty posters I have seen are the ones who don't like the My Pillow guy and his politics. I heard that Bed, Bath and Beyond will no longer sell them, either. Ridiculous. 

I am just looking forward to the next All Day Cooking Day, which I know, annoys the heck out of many others!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Lady J said:

My experience is that posters who approve of the Pillow guy are the usual offenders, but posters used to say he was creepy.

I don't care what his politics were. He was creepy as hell all on his own. I don't miss him one bit. 

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Like 10

19 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I don't care what his politics were. He was creepy as hell all on his own. I don't miss him one bit. 

I totally agree, and we all must be on the board at different times, because for about 2 weeks all I saw was deleted pro My Pillow posts. Whatever, it’s no great loss.

• Like 6

I just learned this evening that people are vicious in the question/answer part of the product page on the website. There were some feelings about the TSV.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Josie's back tonight. I always like to see what she's wearing. Tonight it's a low-cut pink dress, and for some reason she's wearing a black bra under it. She's lightened her hair. Sandra Bennett is hosting (alone, yay).

misc pics QVC Josie Maran pink dress 3 collage 1 2-26-21.jpg

misc pics QVC Josie Maran pink dress 6 collage 2 2-26-21.jpg

misc pics QVC Josie Maran pink dress 7 with Sandra Bennett 2-26-21.jpg

• Like 2
  • Surprise 2

I like to see the dresses Josie's models are wearing too, because they are usually very odd dresses!  It always makes me wonder if they are put in weird dresses on purpose so Josie's dresses will look prettier in comparison.

misc pics QVC Josie Maran pink dress 10 models collage 1 2-26-21.jpg

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 3

42 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

I just learned this evening that people are vicious in the question/answer part of the product page on the website. There were some feelings about the TSV.

I just looked and you're right! 

I appreciated two people who were positive:  One said she was going to paint her toenails green and wear them for St. Patrick's Day, while another said she thought you'd look fine wearing these with shorts "out and about".

Counterbalanced by someone's whose feelings sort of mirror my own:  I'm a middle aged woman who wants to be Classy not Trashy.

That's about as vicious as I saw!  It would appear that anyone's REAL questions were not even answered by anyone, except for people who asked stuff that was already in the description....people had to point that out to them!

The big question I have is who told people to comment on this stuff in the  Q & A section of the product?  SMH.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I love Josie causing pearl clutching.  She’s pretty simple, IMO.

My husband loves Josie.  He was in absolute heaven tonight.  I just roll my eyes.

He loves her for ** obvious ** reasons, but he also thinks she's simple.  I remind him that she's so simple she's created a pretty lucrative empire!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 5

4 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

My husband loves Josie.  He was in absolute heaven tonight.  I just roll my eyes.

He loves her for ** obvious ** reasons, but he also thinks she's simple.  I remind him that she's so simple she's created a pretty lucrative empire!

I like Josie too. (Although I haven't tried her products yet.) She's always smiling and apparently high as a kite, looking like she's just having fun. But you're right, she's accomplished a lot. While she's doing all that smiling and posing, she's working. She's been great at marketing her products and growing her company.

misc pics QVC Josie Maran with Carolyn 4 2-09-21.jpg

• Like 13

11 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Isn’t he dating someone kinda famous?  I can’t remember who it is but I know I was surprised when I read it. 

Read that Sue Clifton's husband passed away after a long illness which would explain her lengthy absence from Dooney shows.

• Surprise 1
  • Sad 15

5 hours ago, AuntCarol said:

Isn’t he dating someone kinda famous?  I can’t remember who it is but I know I was surprised when I read it. 

I think it was Jane Krakowski, but they both denied it.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3

11 hours ago, AuntCarol said:

The gossip rags claimed he was having an affair with a Broadway actress. Both of them denied it, and both said they had never even met each other. It was just a fabricated story. The rags were trying to profit from all the publicity he was getting. Why they picked on that actress, I don't know. She hasn't done anything controversial. I had never heard of her.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Coffeecup said:

The gossip rags claimed he was having an affair with a Broadway actress. Both of them denied it, and both said they had never even met each other. It was just a fabricated story. The rags were trying to profit from all the publicity he was getting. Why they picked on that actress, I don't know. She hasn't done anything controversial. I had never heard of her.

If it was Jane Krakowski, she was in 30 Rock (tv show, with Tina Fey, Alec Baldwin).

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

19 minutes ago, Thumper said:

If it was Jane Krakowski, she was in 30 Rock (tv show, with Tina Fey, Alec Baldwin).

Well, that explains it -- I never watched that show.

• Like 2

Well, that explains it -- I never watched that show.

Just for the heck of it I checked her IMBD, and it looks like she has been pretty steadily employed. What made me laugh, was when I saw she was cousin Vicki I National Lampoons Vacation in 1983. I love that movie, remember she was cousin Eddie’s daughter. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

I first watched Jane Krakowski in Ally McBeal.  Her 'face bra' is a classic.

She also did the commercials for the Tropicana Trop 50 orange juice, which are fairly recent.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 4

22 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Josie's back tonight. I always like to see what she's wearing. Tonight it's a low-cut pink dress, and for some reason she's wearing a black bra under it. She's lightened her hair. Sandra Bennett is hosting (alone, yay).

misc pics QVC Josie Maran pink dress 3 collage 1 2-26-21.jpg

misc pics QVC Josie Maran pink dress 6 collage 2 2-26-21.jpg

misc pics QVC Josie Maran pink dress 7 with Sandra Bennett 2-26-21.jpg

Why does Josie always look like she just got in from the club?

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

18 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

I like Josie too. (Although I haven't tried her products yet.) She's always smiling and apparently high as a kite, looking like she's just having fun. But you're right, she's accomplished a lot. While she's doing all that smiling and posing, she's working. She's been great at marketing her products and growing her company.

misc pics QVC Josie Maran with Carolyn 4 2-09-21.jpg

And her products are pretty damn good, IMO. Although I thought this TSV was an exercise is wasteful packaging.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Read that Sue Clifton's husband passed away after a long illness which would explain her lengthy absence from Dooney shows.

Oh, that's so sad. I adore Sue. She could go on air for six hours selling dryer lint and I'd watch the whole thing. A lovely voice; friendly and fun, without being silly or unprofessional; knowledgeable and well-prepared for every show. Condolences to her and her family.

ETA: May I ask where you read the news? I can't find any mention of it.

Edited by Syringa Vulgaris · Reason: added something
  • Like 8

The "other boards."  Someone copied an announcement from Sue's Facebook page.

Here is the post:

Sue Clifton

is with Joel Clifton  

To the love of my life and oh what a life it’s been.... they say love is more precious then gold and Joel you were my Brick! You have given us all the most wonderful life . We are all lucky to have done so much in this short timeframe and enjoyed every minute of everyday with you the husband , father ,grandpa and best friend anyone could ever ask for. When the tumor appeared in 2003 we thanked the lord it was not cancer and excepted the fact life now needed to be lived to the fullest and I can honestly say this has been done with the so many who knew you and had no idea what you had going on in that Beautiful Soul. Goodbye for now Joel my Love we will meet again!

Edited by JohnnyStar5
  • Sad 15

19 hours ago, Aerohalen said:

Why does Josie always look like she just got in from the club?

Because se is stoned out of her gourd.  Love here titties though.

• Like 2

I’m on the app. The “fashions” they are featuring under Build your Spring Wardrobe are so ugly. How is this company still around. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

I’m on the app. The “fashions” they are featuring under Build your Spring Wardrobe are so ugly. How is this company still around. 

And they wonder why the apparel category was down every quarter last year in comparison to 2019.  (Jewelry was too, but that wasn't performing well even before last year.)

Sure, CD-19 probably played a role in apparel's slump with people staying at home more, at least in quarters 2-4, but issues with sizing consistency, fabric quality (thin material, so much polyester, etc), and that even though they have a bunch of brands, the clothing is tending to look like variations on the same theme don't help.  Oh, and the prices.

Another thing that may have hurt clothing sales last year:  Where a lot of it is made, and people refusing to buy products coming from there.  I see it all the time on product pages that if the origin is listed as "Imported" there will very likely be at least one person asking in the Q&A section where exactly it's coming from.  Problem is, if Q quit selling items that come from there they'd have a lot of airtime to fill across all product categories.

• Like 3

To add to the above, here's how the QxH product categories fared sales-wise last year in comparison to 2019, from worst to the less bad. 

Apparel:  Down every quarter and for the year

Jewelry:  Same as Apparel

Beauty:  Down in the 1st quarter, up in the 2nd, down in the 3rd and 4th, and down for the year

Electronics:  Same as Beauty

Accessories:  Down in the 1st and 2nd quarters, up in the 3rd and 4th, and up for the year

Home:  Down in the 1st quarter, up the other 3 quarters and up for the year

Financially, they did well overall but... Every product category was down in the 1st quarter.  Only 2 categories were overall bright spots (Accessories and Home), 2 more categories definitely have cause for concern (Beauty and Electronics) and 2 (Apparel and Jewelry) need intervention.  I suspect, though, that with Jewelry HSN will carry on as they are but Q will just continue doing what they have been doing, and that's showing it less.  Show it less, less sales, so show it even less, you get the picture.

• Useful 2

I’m watching Jayne now & she’s put together nicely. Black & White animal print top & black pants. I think it helps that she is tall and not rail thin. She’s kind of normal looking. She’s not trying to be all wacko like Shawn, Kirstin & Jen. A lot of clearance prices but even then it ain’t super cheap. I’m just browsing today and seeing if they have any cheap summer tops. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

she looks pretty good in that less than special value top 

I still find her stumbling annoying 

I didn’t know she was a stumbler. I know she works with Pat a lot. Hopefully, someday they’ll get to work on the same set again. 

• Like 1

That TSV is so voluminous!  I am thick though my waist and tummy, but also short, and that is way too much material for me.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I didn’t know she was a stumbler. I know she works with Pat a lot. Hopefully, someday they’ll get to work on the same set again. 

Quite a bit of the time if a show has two cohosts they are working on the same set; they just do the camera work in such a way that you can't tell, or at least they hope you can't tell.  Probably the best example of this is Gourmet Holiday.  I suspect it is primarily to save costs and keep on-set staffing down.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Quite a bit of the time if a show has two cohosts they are working on the same set; they just do the camera work in such a way that you can't tell, or at least they hope you can't tell.  Probably the best example of this is Gourmet Holiday.  I suspect it is primarily to save costs and keep on-set staffing down.

It’s not a cost issue. It’s a Covid-19 issue. No host have been on the same set or in close proximity to each other for a year. That’s what I meant when I’ll be glad when Jayne & Pat can be together again. It’s the same for the celebrity’s and OAP. They haven’t been in studio for a year either. Zoom is the word. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Every product category was down in the 1st quarter.

Interesting since 1Q of 2020 was pre-covid. It's as if people not being able to go out forced them to shop online. 😁

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

2 hours ago, Thumper said:

That TSV is so voluminous!  I am thick though my waist and tummy, but also short, and that is way too much material for me.

The TSV is so out of style. I have some nice quality sweaters from Renee, but this is an epic fail. Terrible colors and patterns.

• Like 9

33 minutes ago, sauce62 said:

The TSV is so out of style. I have some nice quality sweaters from Renee, but this is an epic fail. Terrible colors and patterns.

It's flat out fug.

• Like 10
  • Laugh 1

H-I-D-D-Y

misc pics QVC fashion shirt Renee godet top 1 3-01-21.jpg

misc pics QVC fashion shirt Renee godet top 3 3-01-21.jpg

misc pics QVC fashion shirt Renee godet top 4 3-01-21.jpg

She brought receipts. 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Skunky or CoKo said it was nearly gone. Who is buying this shit? 

5854A594-5732-44D0-9611-FC750EC4C9C1.jpeg.84a6fc1ebeb62b049bf354235211fbb4.jpeg

Phyllis Lindstrom?

• Like 2
  • Laugh 13

It was a disaster on Carolyn too.

But yes, it was close to selling out by midnight, so a lot of women liked it. Go figure.

misc pics QVC Carolyn Gracie shirt Renee godet top 3 3-01-21.jpg

• Like 3
  • Surprise 9

Many would even wear that tsv as a dress nowadays! Even scarier!

• Like 2
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

It was a disaster on Carolyn too.

But yes, it was close to selling out by midnight, so a lot of women liked it. Go figure.

misc pics QVC Carolyn Gracie shirt Renee godet top 3 3-01-21.jpg

WOW.  They really need to keep this bitch away from any fashion presentations.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, sauce62 said:

From what I saw yesterday, it was bring-out-the-patterns and prints day at Q.  Graver had a ton of them, for example.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

there is a huge range of sizes, so I think that might be part of it

petites in the smaller/larger sizes hard to find

I also recall a Q vendor, I believe it was Lori G., saying that when they were doing planning for what she was going to bring in for 2021 that the Q buyers told her they were going to order less quantities of her items.  I wonder if that applies to most or all of the other clothing vendors, and between that and TSVs showing up online early that we're seeing more limited quantities at the start of the TSV day.

• Useful 5

17 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

I also recall a Q vendor, I believe it was Lori G., saying that when they were doing planning for what she was going to bring in for 2021 that the Q buyers told her they were going to order less quantities of her items.  I wonder if that applies to most or all of the other clothing vendors, and between that and TSVs showing up online early that we're seeing more limited quantities at the start of the TSV day.

Exactly my thought.  Easier to sell out when you start with far fewer than "the good ol' days".

• Like 5

3 hours ago, mpeeps said:

Many would even wear that tsv as a dress nowadays! Even scarier!

I have tried to convince Mrs. Shrug to wear tops like that* as "dresses" around the house. So far: no success. ☹️

Perhaps I need to borrow some of Diva's selling techniques... 🤔

*As in, that length, not the hiddy patterns!

• Laugh 9