Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

Why do they need to model lingerie?! It's stupid. Showing it on a person is no better than on a mannequin. Lingerie is really something you need to try on. And I'm not a prude but I really have no interest in seeing strangers parading around in their underwear.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, LeeDenny said:

Why do they need to model lingerie?! It's stupid. Showing it on a person is no better than on a mannequin. Lingerie is really something you need to try on. And I'm not a prude but I really have no interest in seeing strangers parading around in their underwear.

A person might be a little better than these mannequins.

• Laugh 8
  • Surprise 1

56 minutes ago, RubberbandGirl said:

Did they buy oversized Ken dolls 😂

• Laugh 8

Are there socks stuffed in those Spanx mannequins?

20210219_202108.thumb.jpg.0f157f23cd52fc7434dd2fc6f32d8218.jpg

This mannequin also left little to the imagination! 😂 Art imitating life?

Edited by mpeeps
  • Laugh 7
  • Surprise 1

3 hours ago, Thumper said:

I think this was a TSV once as a set of two.  I like it.  It is more supportive than the “loose” bras I wear around the house.  Not as supportive as my underwires.  But a nice compromise and uplifting enough to wear out of the house!

https://www.qvc.com/Jockey-Forever-Fit-Wirefree-Unlined-Bra.product.A349319.html

Yes!  I reviewed these a yr or so ago on the review thread.  I own 3 or 4 of them.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, From Where I Sit said:

I still like that artificial tomato plant in a pot for your countertop. I think @AuntCarol may have bought one.

Yep, and here it is Feb. and it still looks good and has ripe tomatoes on it even in the closet!  And with no water! 🍅🍅🍅🍅🍅

• Like 2
  • Laugh 9

9 hours ago, RubberbandGirl said:

Those are some mighty oversized pubes, don’t have think?

• Like 1
  • Laugh 5

On 2/19/2021 at 2:09 PM, lovemesomejoolery said:

As an aside, I was looking for realistic faux hyacinths on Amazon (they are highly toxic to cats....and since my two will eat anything, I don't want to risk it). 

I came across this, the description of which I thought was hilarious.  It says they are "faux" and goes on to describe them as "low maintenance".  

Bouquet Faux Hyacinth Floral Arrangement in Pot, Overall: 10'' H x 6'' W x 6'' D, Low Maintenance

image.png

Well, you gotta dust them every now now and again!

• Laugh 8

Does anyone else find that clothing colors on the TV are brighter than what we see online?  I tend to rely on the online photos, but it can be disappointing, because I love brights!    Lost the item number, but I was looking at a Logo Lavish tie-dye duster that I liked a lot.  Pricy, though.

Edited by Thumper

30 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Does anyone else find that clothing colors on the TV are brighter than what we see online?  I tend to rely on the online photos, but it can be disappointing, because I love brights!    Lost the item number, but I was looking at a Logo Lavish tie-dye duster that I liked a lot.  Pricy, though.

This one?

https://www.qvc.com/LOGO-Lavish-by-Lori-Goldstein-Hand-Tie-Dyed-Duster-w-Crochet-Lace.product.A394116.html

The Beekman guys are back with live goats and the TSV. They coordinated their outfits again, one in a bright yellow shirt and the other in bright yellow glasses. They needed to have the unshowered host come in on Skype with her bright yellow fingernails.

misc pics QVC Beekman boys with goat 1 2-22-21.jpg

misc pics QVC Beekman boys with goat 2 2-22-21.jpg

misc pics Shawn Killinger hands nail polish yellow Ryka show show 1 2-12-21.jpg

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 11

Giggling a bit at presentation by Leah ( yay! No Shawn!) of MukLuks Tee and CroppedPant Set.  A395618
Leah is calling it pajamas!  Which is what it looks like.  Certainly  not what I’d wear outside the house, as the description implies. 😁

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 3

If you'd told me a year ago that I'd have virtually stopped watching the Q by now, not even putting it on for background noise, I wouldn't have believed it.

Sure, I miss the Dooney, Tatcha, and Laura Geller shows that used to be more frequent (especially Dooney), but all I have to do is come to this site and read about Alberti braying like a donkey, someone else squeezing pastries like Dr. Pimple Popper, or see screen shots of a certain unkempt host presenting from her home bathroom(!) to know that I'd rather be watching Forensic Files.

Bargain-basement TV. Un-freakin'-believable.

• Like 14
  • Laugh 2

1 hour ago, Syringa Vulgaris said:

shots of a certain unkempt host presenting from her home bathroom(!) to know that I'd rather be watching Forensic Files.

Hahaha! I go there too. But sometimes Skunk-like shows are like a violent crime scene. 

• Laugh 5

Holy Philodendron, Batman! Those are big ones. The other OAPs have cute cats and dogs. The Prive Reveaux OAP has monstera philiodendrons. The leaves look like they're alert and waiting for their chance to overwhelm her.

misc pics QVC Prive Reveaux sunglasses giant philodendron 2-23-21.jpg

• Laugh 11

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

Kristin/Kerstin will be on fire today, those 8Greens are the TSV

BS if you ask me,

And for the price, ridiculous ($71.55 plus $5.50 shipping for 120 gummies).

Go to the drugstore, a vitamin store, or online and get a B-Complex vitamin with Zinc bottle and you'll pay a whole lot less.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 7

9 hours ago, Syringa Vulgaris said:

If you'd told me a year ago that I'd have virtually stopped watching the Q by now, not even putting it on for background noise, I wouldn't have believed it.

Sure, I miss the Dooney, Tatcha, and Laura Geller shows that used to be more frequent (especially Dooney), but all I have to do is come to this site and read about Alberti braying like a donkey, someone else squeezing pastries like Dr. Pimple Popper, or see screen shots of a certain unkempt host presenting from her home bathroom(!) to know that I'd rather be watching Forensic Files.

Bargain-basement TV. Un-freakin'-believable.

I haven't watched much either. I put ITKWD on for about a second on Sunday. They were selling last generation iPads...

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, letusprocrastinate said:

And for the price, ridiculous ($71.55 plus $5.50 shipping for 120 gummies).

Go to the drugstore, a vitamin store, or online and get a B-Complex vitamin with Zinc bottle and you'll pay a whole lot less.

Those gummies are PURE GARBAGE!  And $71.55 plus $5.50 shipping.  This bitch is crazy.  Plus she is a straight up liar.

She was sick, on deaths bed, but was able to fly all around the country to fine these special ingredients that made her rich/better .

Bitch PLEASE ! ! ! !

• Like 6
  • Laugh 1

*Observes my multivitamin bottle*

A bunch of the greens in the 8Greens are in it.  Take my multi, throw in some extra B Complex and Zinc on the side a few days a week, and I'm getting it done without resorting to an expensive gummie.  And I hate gummies.

(BTW, the multi is Alive Women's Ultra Potency)

I will do my best not to go grumpy re: the TSV for the rest of the day.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 1

Cooked properly, tenderloin tips make a great meal. These, however, look like the petrified logs I saw in the Petrified Forest in Arizona many years ago. Mr. Booney thinks they look like turds.

AFC19E31-8392-4B39-A184-8F892A4261FF.thumb.jpeg.aceb4d71a85f5854f4dcff1e56151a15.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Laugh 14

M-62498 (Bella Brand Sandwich Steak) is so misleading in the presentation.  There's no way that 4 oz of meat is going to fill a sub roll like what they're showing.  Sorry, I'd post a screenshot but I've hit the attachment limit.

Edit:  At least Alberti is showing the realistic version, even if it includes extras like peppers.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

M-62498 (Bella Brand Sandwich Steak) is so misleading in the presentation.  There's no way that 4 oz of meat is going to fill a sub roll like what they're showing.  Sorry, I'd post a screenshot but I've hit the attachment limit.

Edit:  At least Alberti is showing the realistic version, even if it includes extras like peppers.

We have an attachment limit? Number of attachments, or size of the image?

29 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

We have an attachment limit? Number of attachments, or size of the image?

I thought the same thing. I've attached lit'rally hundreds (maybe thousands?) of pics the past few years and have never reached a limit. There is a size limit, however, per post.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Booney said:

I thought the same thing. I've attached lit'rally hundreds (maybe thousands?) of pics the past few years and have never reached a limit. There is a size limit, however, per post.

That's likely the problem.  I'm rather incompetent when it comes to this stuff.

There’s a new Q channel streaming on YouTube called QVC Now. This is in addition to Q Live, Q2 and Q3 which are all still streaming. I can’t work out what this QVC Now is, because the name suggests it’s a second live channel, but most of the time it’s showing re-runs. I did see something that didn’t have the “previously recorded” banner but I don’t know if that was a mistake. Has anyone heard anything about it?

• Useful 3

I just want to say that I really appreciate this group of posters on this topic. In the past few days, on the QVC board, I have had my words twisted, misinterpreted, and my character attacked, so I asked to have the posts removed. I don't see that behavior here at all. I see disagreements that end in agree-to-disagree statements, but no name-calling or questioning an individual's personal character. I just want to thank you all and the moderators who make this a pleasant experience for posters. That is all - carry on!

• Like 23

6 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I just want to say that I really appreciate this group of posters on this topic. In the past few days, on the QVC board, I have had my words twisted, misinterpreted, and my character attacked, so I asked to have the posts removed. I don't see that behavior here at all. I see disagreements that end in agree-to-disagree statements, but no name-calling or questioning an individual's personal character. I just want to thank you all and the moderators who make this a pleasant experience for posters. That is all - carry on!

I really am sorry you had such a terrible experience over there.  I have a hard time reading over there because those people are so vicious.  I think the pandemic has made them worse since they all have a lot of time on their hands. 

Anyhow, again I'm sorry someone was mean to you.

Want me to go bust their ass?  LOL!

• Like 5
  • Laugh 8

8 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I really am sorry you had such a terrible experience over there.  I have a hard time reading over there because those people are so vicious.  I think the pandemic has made them worse since they all have a lot of time on their hands. 

Anyhow, again I'm sorry someone was mean to you.

Want me to go bust their ass?  LOL!

I read there from time to time and there is a group of posters that are desperate to argue politics, they try to sneak it in whenever they can. Since it is not allowed , they turn their venom on other posters , by being outright nasty, or sabotaging the whole thread so it is deleted. I recognize most of there nicknames, and pass right by. 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Lady J said:

I read there from time to time and there is a group of posters that are desperate to argue politics, they try to sneak it in whenever they can. Since it is not allowed , they turn their venom on other posters , by being outright nasty, or sabotaging the whole thread so it is deleted. I recognize most of there nicknames, and pass right by. 

Aha......that may be what it is versus pandemic! 

I saw what you described as it pertains to a certain pillow manufacturer, in a thread that had nothing to do with bedding products and someone came right and accused the poster of trying to sabotage the thread.    I figured it was just more intense nonsense than usual nonsense!

• Like 2

I can't go over there as I am not permitted to use the site. That was after I reported something for being prejudiced. The last time I had ever posted anything was probably 5 years ago. Maybe you can only report for being unkind to the host. Anything else and you're outta there.

• Sad 7

1 hour ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Aha......that may be what it is versus pandemic! 

I saw what you described as it pertains to a certain pillow manufacturer, in a thread that had nothing to do with bedding products and someone came right and accused the poster of trying to sabotage the thread.    I figured it was just more intense nonsense than usual nonsense!

Some of them are really sneaky, and not just the pillow people. The rules are clear, but they just keep on trying.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

I can't go over there as I am not permitted to use the site. That was after I reported something for being prejudiced. The last time I had ever posted anything was probably 5 years ago. Maybe you can only report for being unkind to the host. Anything else and you're outta there.

That’s another thing, the racism of some of them, I report that and politics and so far I’ve never been banned. Probably if I responded the way I would like, I’d be out of there. 

• Like 5

Pillow people? Are they aligned with Mike Lindell's politics and sneak in political discussion in that way? If so, way to violate board policies. 

• Like 1
  • Surprise 1

13 minutes ago, Lady J said:

That’s another thing, the racism of some of them, I report that and politics and so far I’ve never been banned. Probably if I responded the way I would like, I’d be out of there. 

I guess I reported the wrong person. I actually found a work-around but I'm not really all that interested. Watching Q with the volume off is bad enough.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 3

On 2/24/2021 at 1:31 PM, Booney said:

Cooked properly, tenderloin tips make a great meal. These, however, look like the petrified logs I saw in the Petrified Forest in Arizona many years ago. Mr. Booney thinks they look like turds.

AFC19E31-8392-4B39-A184-8F892A4261FF.thumb.jpeg.aceb4d71a85f5854f4dcff1e56151a15.jpeg

Tell Mr. Booney thems some mighty fine grill marks on his turds. 😁

• Like 1
  • Laugh 7

11 hours ago, Lady J said:

posters that are desperate to argue politics, they try to sneak it in whenever they can.

So, a bit like Primetimer then.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

9 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Pillow people? Are they aligned with Mike Lindell's politics and sneak in political discussion in that way? If so, way to violate board policies. 

Usually it's the opposite, from people who don't like him.  Even before the political stuff there were people who couldn't stand him for various reasons and had no problem saying it.  But I've seen that other places too, so that's not a phenomenon exclusive to over there.

• Like 1

Now it's "I Love Home" affirmations. By 2022 it will be back to "I Love Vacations" again.

20210226_091320.jpg

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 4
  • Sad 1

You can get cheap t-shirts and iron-on letters at Michaels that would be the same quality as that qrap.

• Like 14
  • Laugh 2

2 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Usually it's the opposite, from people who don't like him.  Even before the political stuff there were people who couldn't stand him for various reasons and had no problem saying it.  But I've seen that other places too, so that's not a phenomenon exclusive to over there.

My experience is that posters who approve of the Pillow guy are the usual offenders, but posters used to say he was creepy.

• Like 6

The ones I saw were of the "I'm never shopping at Q again if they sell his pillows" variety, along with a few claims of having used them as bonfire fuel.

• Laugh 5