Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

2 hours ago, mpeeps said:

I definitely heard Killy say her favorite lipstick is MAC but not sure about MAC foundation.

either way Q does not sell it so she should not be saying it's her go to. 

why should I viewer out there buy something if the host won't use it  

• Like 3

MAC is sold now on QVC......I just got an email from QVC about it.  I think that's when Shawn said she used MAC's lipstick......she introduced it and they had a display of MAC makeup on set.

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Useful 2

5 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

MAC is sold now on QVC......I just got an email from QVC about it.  I think that's when Shawn said she used MAC's lipstick......she introduced it and they had a display of MAC makeup on set.

Hmm... but just the other day she said "We don't sell it."

• Surprise 1

Yep. She was speaking in hushed tones last night about MAC on q online.

• Like 1

Actually, as little as I watch the Q I did see a promo either this morning or yesterday about the new line that Q will be presenting! Yup. MAC.

• Like 1

Chaz Dean's hair looked greasy and stringy tonight. Oddly enough, during the break they ran a promo with him talking about Wen gallons, and his hair looked much better. It looked clean, for a change, and he had either brushed it back or worn it in a man bun. His ugly beard stubble looked lighter and less obvious too. Better lighting, or better shaving?

misc pics QVC Chaz Dean hair collage 6-23-20.jpg

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 5

19 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

Chaz Dean's hair looked greasy and stringy tonight. Oddly enough, during the break they ran a promo with him talking about Wen gallons, and his hair looked much better. It looked clean, for a change, and he had either brushed it back or worn it in a man bun. His ugly beard stubble looked lighter and less obvious too. Better lighting, or better shaving?

Neither.  He finally found a decent colorist.

• Useful 1
  • Laugh 3

1 hour ago, Coffeecup said:

Or doesn't care.

• Like 4

Chaz" beard looks like Fromwhereisit drew it! on!  LOL! But Fromwhereisit's beard version would look better of course!!  It doesn't even look real!

The tsv JAI bracelet looks too heavy and bulky.  No need for that right now or any time soon!! 

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 3

Agree. Sir Chaz ... if you want a seat at the Round Table, then you must grow a proper beard.

2835112F-CB27-41E1-A863-6263EE4C8E15.thumb.jpeg.1860fe129fdda754d8f27f85fe31a07a.jpeg

• Laugh 6
  • Surprise 2

Heard Richard Elizondo call in during Pat’s show this morning when she was selling one of his Ecclissi watches.  He is still one of my favorite vendors.  Very pleasant, genuine, and  kind gentleman.

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 8

50 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Heard Richard Elizondo call in during Pat’s show this morning when she was selling one of his Eclissi watches.  He is still one of my favorite vendors.  Very pleasant, genuine, and  kind gentleman.

I’m a complete sucker for Ecclissi watches. I ordered J367994, the silver tubogas in mother of pearl. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LeeDenny said:

Smile? Ugh. I’ll smile when I’m damn good and ready to smile. Very hokey. 

Yes! Thank you! Agree.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

Smile? Ugh. I’ll smile when I’m damn good and ready to smile. Very hokey. 

Agree! That's one good thing about wearing masks. Nobody will nag you to "Smile!"

• Like 6
  • Laugh 2

The Philosophy TSV on July 1st is a set of 16 different shower/bath gels.

Normally I go for these collections because it's a nice opportunity to try a lot of different ones without committing to a large bottle. 

But $80 seems awfully high, I remember paying in the mid $60s before. 

Plus, being CIJ they are weighted towards winter/Christmas scents.

So prepare for a lot of stocking stuffing and gift closeting!

• Like 2
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 3

6 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

79B9CAE8-9269-4AE9-B226-710ACAAD9346.thumb.jpeg.c4dde7d0d48f8567c058934442540ba3.jpeg
Why?

i would put that on my deck to fool the critter that would take one bite from all my real ones, 

• Laugh 2

8 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

79B9CAE8-9269-4AE9-B226-710ACAAD9346.thumb.jpeg.c4dde7d0d48f8567c058934442540ba3.jpeg
Why?

HSN was selling faux aloe vera plants the other day.  I had the thought that it would be lousy for someone who was looking for sunburn relief to unfortunately discover the hoped source for relief was fake.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

The La-Z-Boy TSV is the nicest, most streamlined, most updated looking one I have ever seen from them.  But it does not look very comfortable. Doesn't seem very cushiony. I don't think they've yet met that happy medium of looks good and feels good.

Dan says it is very comfortable. Not sure why, but I almost trust him more than the other hosts. Yet, when he reclines, his head is hanging off the back of the chair which I wouldn't find comfortable. Stupid to take any QVC hosts at their word, I guess.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3

5 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Agree! That's one good thing about wearing masks. Nobody will nag you to "Smile!"

But according to ALEEENA you should smile with your eyes!  LOL!

20200609_223013.thumb.jpg.d8ba394b92bd749f62d7a50f796a8187.jpg

• Laugh 3
  • Sad 2

Dear Q:  20% off your original price is not a "clearance" price.

Plus the "clearance" Graver t-shirt that was $40 and is now $30 is still overpriced.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

6 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Dear Q:  20% off your original price is not a "clearance" price.

Plus the "clearance" Graver t-shirt that was $40 and is now $30 is still overpriced.

all the stores with doors, brick and mortar, the marketplace

etc are trying to get  rid 3 month + of inventory thats is where I am shopping 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

5 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

The Philosophy TSV on July 1st is a set of 16 different shower/bath gels.

Normally I go for these collections because it's a nice opportunity to try a lot of different ones without committing to a large bottle. 

But $80 seems awfully high, I remember paying in the mid $60s before. 

Plus, being CIJ they are weighted towards winter/Christmas scents.

So prepare for a lot of stocking stuffing and gift closeting!

I'm in 3600 sqft, with a dedicated linen closet for each bathroom, and trust me when I tell you that I don't have space for 16 friggin bottles of soap.  I would have to unpack the box on the porch and immediately start chucking bottles at the neighbors, postal worker, UPS man, etc.  This bundling thing with QVC (8 mascaras?!?) annoys.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 4

9 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

Why?

Some questions have no answers.....this is one of them

• Like 2
  • Laugh 12

2 hours ago, Lori NoGo said:

The La-Z-Boy TSV is the nicest, most streamlined, most updated looking one I have ever seen from them.  But it does not look very comfortable. Doesn't seem very cushiony. I don't think they've yet met that happy medium of looks good and feels good.

Dan says it is very comfortable. Not sure why, but I almost trust him more than the other hosts. Yet, when he reclines, his head is hanging off the back of the chair which I wouldn't find comfortable. Stupid to take any QVC hosts at their word, I guess.

Now that I've seen it, I agree that there is going to a problem with little to no head support.

• Like 3

On 6/23/2020 at 10:48 PM, Coffeecup said:

Is it just me, or does Chaz have a Cowardly Lion vibe going on in the first pic?

• Laugh 6

On 6/23/2020 at 10:48 PM, Coffeecup said:

2 hours ago, Lori NoGo said:

Is it just me, or does Chaz have a Cowardly Lion vibe going on in the first pic?

1474402073_COWARDLYCHAZ.jpg.390e10606f316cca97abb97dbd94ec01.jpg

• Laugh 20

31 minutes ago, RubberbandGirl said:

1474402073_COWARDLYCHAZ.jpg.390e10606f316cca97abb97dbd94ec01.jpg

Too good, @RubberbandGirl!  I was hoping you would get my not so subtle message! 

Looks like he is contemplating something.  Definitely not how to find courage.  He has cajones enough to sell his glop for the prices he does.  

• Laugh 4

Good grief. Ok, so the tsv is the hair perfector. Updated someho w. I bought one a few years ago, i like it and do use it. But please, qvc, i f you are having the models demo and do their own hair, fine - just don't put them in sleeveless tops so we get hd shots of their armpits!!! Geez!!

• Laugh 9

Oh no, now i see sk using the perfector with her armpits on display too! Good grief.

Btw, re the perfector - you may be like me and need some product in your hair to get the curl or smoothing effect to sort of take and set in the hair. I also wish it got a little hotter. I think it only goes up to 395 degrees, but my hair is kind of coarse and the 425 temp is good for that. Definitely use a heat protection product at least too!

• Useful 2

6 hours ago, seasons said:

Definitely use a heat protection product at least too!

I'm sure there are less expensive products, but I would recommend this.  Q doesn't sell it anymore.  Loooove it!  The smell is heavenly.  Takes just a few spritzes, so lasts a long time.

Ovation-Hair-Thermal-Protection

• Useful 3

Yeah...there's some kind of "disconnect" going on there.... but they're very slick. Nothing they've said about it isn't true. 

The QVC Beauty Awards are a made up thing. Sure voted on by viewers but so what. There are still questions that have to be asked....if the product still only has a 2 -- or even a 3 star rating. And that would be for any product.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, selhars said:

Yeah...there's some kind of "disconnect" going on there.... but they're very slick. Nothing they've said about it isn't true. 

The QVC Beauty Awards are a made up thing. Sure voted on by viewers but so what. There are still questions that have to be asked....if the product still only has a 2 -- or even a 3 star rating. And that would be for any product.

One year I voted, more than once, and had never tried any of the products.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 11

5 hours ago, RubberbandGirl said:

While presenting the Perfecter they say that it's sold over 5 million, has been the TSV 10 times, and has won the Customer Choice Beauty Award. Why does it never get 4+ average stars reviews? I bought one at Bed Bath and Beyond some years ago, and took it right back. https://www.qvc.com/Calista-Perfecter-Pro-Grip-Heated-Round-Brush-w-GoGo-Mini-Tool.product.A347515.html

1397913620_perfecter002.thumb.PNG.022c538f7350eeb91117cdc500e8878f.PNG

Great points, and if they've sold millions, why do they only have 258 reviews?  Wow, a little more than half were only 1 star.  

• Like 4

I just caught the Jimmy the Baker segment on Q2.  He's really getting into that presentation and has me craving crumb cakes.  I've never seen him or the phone number advertised to share our story.  

Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 9.10.30 PM.png

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Neiman said:

Great points, and if they've sold millions, why do they only have 258 reviews?  Wow, a little more than half were only 1 star.  

There have been others over the years. When they change the design or configuration, it gets a new item#.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3

Is that perfecter really that different than a $15 Conair heated brush you can get at Target or Walmart?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RubberbandGirl said:

One year I voted, more than once, and had never tried any of the products.

Oh, my.

• Laugh 1

9 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

Is that perfecter really that different than a $15 Conair heated brush you can get at Target or Walmart?

It comes in colors & sizes.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6