Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

2 minutes ago, MyGiddyAunt said:

Juicy and Shittish:  "Lemoncello"

Where is Chef "Beesh-coati" Tony when you need him?  Thank you.

Did someone say lemmongello?

t58485553-gTrgrkay73q2j55kbs6tkog5dlbu_s

• Like 15

The JM Supersize TSV sold out quicker than I've ever seen.  Here's hoping Vanilla Pear was the right choice.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, BostonBlonde said:

Dear Lawd! Who is doing Skunkys make up?

and that drapery dress with matching tie back earrings? 

Wtfffff

She was just complaining about a patch of eczema on her neck right below her left earring.   Betcha it's just irritated from those awful looking earrings she has on.  And please stop with those juvenile sparkly nail colors.  

• Like 22

2 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Josie: I totally lost all of the English language. .

Yes honey, I know...I know.  

I stopped by between commercials - just when I thought it was safe to go back to the Q, --- she's back!  Even worse she's on with Skunky (who apparently bought into the Garanimals line of matching earrings and clothing). 

These two "rocket scientists" were in the midst of discussing the difference is between a Slurpee and a Slushie. Then they argued about the time change, Skunky said we're gaining an hour, Josie said we're losing an hour of sleep. Josie (another word acrobat) has added yet another new word to her vocabulary saying her milk helps you "naturalify" your skin.

Time to go back to the VT/Hurricanes game......AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA1.thumb.jpg.ad631e3bb6ddc26f5d1439a4b658ea2b.jpg

• Like 22

Shawn announced that Josie had wrapped up her day (apparently a sub OAP is going to do a final One Day Only presentation at 10:00). Josie said they should do a little dance to celebrate and dragged Shawn off to where the models were. They all attempted to do a line kick. Newsflash - Rockettes they ain’t.

6A458904-7EEA-4458-923D-F7A7541295B6.thumb.jpeg.4d93247b34819c4eb6cb4b73bbd777ae.jpeg

• Like 20

7 hours ago, leFay said:

Is it just me, or does that Josie Moron article meet ALL of the criteria for Narcissistic Personality Disorder?  We get it; you're special... There's too much snark there, I just don't have the ambition to lay it all out...

Holy cat pooh!  I just went to Kohls.com and MALLY is there now!!!! What the heck??? 

The MORON has a TYPICAL model personality -thinks she is "all that". NOTE to Josie - NO, you're NOT. You come across as a TOTAL DITZ, frequently look TRASHY, and your products are WAY overpriced.

• Like 12

7 minutes ago, Booney said:

Shawn announced that Josie had wrapped up her day (apparently a sub OAP is going to do a final One Day Only presentation at 10:00). Josie said they should do a little dance to celebrate and dragged Shawn off to where the models were. They all attempted to do a line kick. Newsflash - Rockettes they ain’t.

6A458904-7EEA-4458-923D-F7A7541295B6.thumb.jpeg.4d93247b34819c4eb6cb4b73bbd777ae.jpeg

Shitstreaks looks positively evil.  All she needs is a witch hat.

• Like 18

5 hours ago, Girlydiva53 said:

JM acts like there is only ONE physical Argan nut bush in the entire world. Now, she claims the oil of 1,000 Argan nuts go into each and every bottle. The nuts take 14 years to grow. She's not the only one selling the stuff. I call BS on her tall tales.

The MORON'S story about the 70 year old French woman who looks 40 is also BS.

• Like 18

1 minute ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

If I wasn't white trash myself I would be really ticked off by what they are trying to imply.....or infer....

You're not white trash.  You're more elevated than that.  Right?  Am I right about that?

• Like 16

2 minutes ago, CarpeDiem54 said:

You're not white trash.  You're more elevated than that.  Right?  Am I right about that?

I consider myself aspirational......hehehe

• Like 17

1 hour ago, Drogo said:

The JM Supersize TSV sold out quicker than I've ever seen.  Here's hoping Vanilla Pear was the right choice.

Agree.....lightening fast.  Did you get it?  Sounds like you may have?  I succumbed around noon and got Vanilla Pear, when I heard there were 400 left.  I've been wanting to try the Milk, as I've heard a lot of people like it.  I've used the body butter and am "so-so" on that, so will probably give that as a Christmas gift to someone.  I do like the argon oil....and I tend to like hers the best, although I'm not a regular user of it.  It was a pretty good deal, all the way around. 

11 minutes ago, CarpeDiem54 said:

Shitstreaks looks positively evil.  All she needs is a witch hat.

Again, what is with her and that style of shoe?  Looks horrid with that dress!!

I won't even go into her hair and makeup....retread.....but horrific, per usual.

• Like 17

4 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

I actually feel a little sad for Jilly now .....the outfit is awful, the hair is awful...she doesn't want to be there......I get it.

But......

FRUMPY FRAU has ZERO style. She needs to retire. She's boring, and her shows are a total yawn.

• Like 12

20 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Agree.....lightening fast.  Did you get it?  Sounds like you may have?  I succumbed around noon and got Vanilla Pear, when I heard there were 400 left.  I've been wanting to try the Milk, as I've heard a lot of people like it. 

I sure did.  The lady of the house has been a big JM fan for years (and has looked exactly the same for years) but she's never tried the Milk and has been verbal about wanting to.  I like throwing some auto delivery items into her Christmas gifts, they're a gift that keeps giving.  

ETA Confession: I steal from her Caramel Apple body butter on the regular. 

• Like 22

They put her in a freakin DENIM JACKET to talk down to me....that really gets me.

Let her go home to her happy family and bring in anyone else....anyone...Jane Tracey even..she at least doesn't condescend...

• Like 16

9 minutes ago, Drogo said:

I sure did.  The lady of the house has been a big JM fan for years (and has looked exactly the same for years) but she's never tried the Milk and has been verbal about wanting to.  I like throwing some auto delivery items into her Christmas gifts, they're a gift that keeps giving.  

ETA Confession: I steal from her Caramel Apple body butter on the regular. 

Good for you!  Body butter has no gender.  Guys get dry skin as often as gals do.  

And how nice to give an auto delivery gift!  I was rhe recipient of one once and thoroughly enjoyed it. alI may just have to that myself this holiday season.

• Like 15

11 minutes ago, Drogo said:

ETA Confession: I steal from her Caramel Apple body butter on the regular

Good for you on both counts!

I just remembered that while I am not a super fan of her body butters (I only tried them once in the dead of winter when my skin was already dry.....ended up going back to First Aid Beauty's cream because the JM didn't work fast enough), a month or so ago, I purchased JM Divine Drip.  It was a set of two, like they have today, except the ones I got were Honey Peach and Honey Fig.  My husband uses the Honey Fig on his feet every night and I use the Honey Peach.  It is a wonderful cream/balm thing.  Weird consistency, but it works great!  And it smells great, as do all of her products.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, CarpeDiem54 said:

Calm down!  It's the Shittish!  She's going home to an unemployed spouse (probably sprawled on the couch wearing a wife-beater t-shirt covered with baby puke) and some leftover greasy pizza, if that makes you feel better.  ?

At least he ordered dinner.

• Like 19

8 hours ago, Booney said:

Even as a puff piece, it was worth watching. What was most interesting to me was seeing the line producer in action - talking into the host’s earpiece telling him/her what to say. I knew the producers did that, but seeing it made me realize how much they tell the hosts what to say. Makes me wonder if the hosts say anything original at all.

I agree. It's about how far the producer can get their hands up the host's backside to make the host's mouth move. 

• Like 17

13 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

FWIW, I hate that nickname.

Me too.

9 hours ago, Girlydiva53 said:

JM acts like there is only ONE physical Argan nut bush in the entire world. Now, she claims the oil of 1,000 Argan nuts go into each and every bottle. The nuts take 14 years to grow. She's not the only one selling the stuff. I call BS on her tall tales.

That's a complete lie, I just looked it up and this is what the Wikipedia article on the Argan tree says:

"The fruit is 2–4 cm (0.79–1.57 in) long and 1.5–3 cm (0.59–1.18 in) broad, with a thick, bitter peel surrounding a sweet-smelling but unpleasantly flavored layer of pulpy pericarp. This surrounds the very hard nut, which contains one (occasionally two or three) small, oil-rich seeds. The fruit takes over a year to mature, ripening in June to July of the following year."

• Like 22

QVC had a "Stuff That Stocking" show with Jane today. Does anyone else hate the concept of "stocking stuffers"? It just seems to be a euphemism for "buy unnecessary crap that people don't actually need to keep up with the Joneses' level of consumption." This is why the environment is so messed up.

• Like 20

17 minutes ago, BuyMoreAndSave said:

QVC had a "Stuff That Stocking" show with Jane today. Does anyone else hate the concept of "stocking stuffers"? It just seems to be a euphemism for "buy unnecessary crap that people don't actually need to keep up with the Joneses' level of consumption." This is why the environment is so messed up.

Yeah, we never had that growing up.  My mother made us cute stockings out of felt, but you couldn't put anything in them.  They were strictly decorative.  We never got much for Christmas as kids.  Usually a gift from my parents and from each set of grandparents.  My childless aunt and uncle usually sent us something, too, but it was a useful gift like underpants.  LOL.  It was a treat if we got some ribbon candy.

Nobody gave neighbors, friends and everybody you crossed paths with presents.   I know my parents slipped the mail carrier and the trash collector a $5 bill for Christmas, but that was it.  In the past, I gave my hairdresser and manicurist a gift of cash, but I'd gone to them for years.

It's been years since I've exchanged gifts with anyone.  I usually send my niece and nephews a gift card so they can get what they want.

• Like 23

My stocking stuffer gifts aren't $20 and up. 

1 minute ago, CarpeDiem54 said:

It was a treat if we got some ribbon candy.

Ribbon candy is so pretty and festive. My grandparents used to put a bowl out. Hard to eat but it was always special. A long time ago I remember QVC selling a tin of Christmas ribbon candy and penny candy sticks. 

6f06e7158679d3559397be8c6bad281f--colorf

• Like 16

26 minutes ago, CarpeDiem54 said:

Yeah, we never had that growing up.  My mother made us cute stockings out of felt, but you couldn't put anything in them.  They were strictly decorative.  We never got much for Christmas as kids.  Usually a gift from my parents and from each set of grandparents.  My childless aunt and uncle usually sent us something, too, but it was a useful gift like underpants.  LOL.  It was a treat if we got some ribbon candy.

Nobody gave neighbors, friends and everybody you crossed paths with presents.   I know my parents slipped the mail carrier and the trash collector a $5 bill for Christmas, but that was it.  In the past, I gave my hairdresser and manicurist a gift of cash, but I'd gone to them for years.

It's been years since I've exchanged gifts with anyone.  I usually send my niece and nephews a gift card so they can get what they want.

I've read that children generally have a reduction in creativity when they are overloaded with too many toys, according to studies, so it's actually harmful in the long run to get kids a million toys for Christmas instead of just a few well-considered ones.

I'm only exchanging presents with my immediate family this year, and only one or a couple of things each. I'm trying to get them things that they actually will use instead of just stuff "because it's cute" or "it's a good stocking stuffer" or whatever sales tactics QVC and the other retailers employ. I used to exchange presents with my friends too but it got too complicated, so I decided to keep it immediate family only. I don't understand why the holidays are "supposed" to be stressful (I mean, I do understand, consumerism, but I don't understand why people actually go along with it). Maybe this is because my parents had a bad marriage and holidays were the worst and would often end in screaming, but I like to keep the holidays low-key and not make a big deal about all the stuff you are "supposed" to worry about. I don't even care if anyone gets me anything. As long as the day is relaxing, I'm good. I'll probably get all my Christmas shopping done next weekend or the weekend after in a couple of hours.

• Like 18

On 11/3/2017 at 11:15 AM, Thumper said:

Bottom shoe looks very Little House on the Prairie to me!  ?

I was thinking later day "Downton Abbey" on the last shoe. I really like that one. 

• Like 11

On 11/3/2017 at 4:47 PM, Jaded said:

That thread got locked. Now we have this subdivided SCS forum with multiple threads. 

So where are we supposed to post things non-QVC? There are 2 other major shopping channels. I could care less about what Lisa Robertson is doing so I don't watch her but I do watch HSN & Evine. This is kinda limiting. 

Edited by burgerbitz
  • Like 8

45 minutes ago, burgerbitz said:

So where are we supposed to post things non-QVC? There are 2 other major shopping channels. I could care less about what Lisa Robertson is doing so I don't watch her but I do watch HSN & Evine. This is kinda limiting. 

There's a thread for HSN, JTV, and Evine, too.

• Like 12

5 hours ago, BuyMoreAndSave said:

Me too.

That's a complete lie, I just looked it up and this is what the Wikipedia article on the Argan tree says:

"The fruit is 2–4 cm (0.79–1.57 in) long and 1.5–3 cm (0.59–1.18 in) broad, with a thick, bitter peel surrounding a sweet-smelling but unpleasantly flavored layer of pulpy pericarp. This surrounds the very hard nut, which contains one (occasionally two or three) small, oil-rich seeds. The fruit takes over a year to mature, ripening in June to July of the following year."

One year, 14 years...

When you use an abacus, who can tell?

• Like 15

21 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Yesterday,  Don't-Call-Me-Dyson-Susie said she will be on the Q air after the new year.  I'm thinking either BeautyIQ host or repping a new high end skincare/cosmetic line?  Surely a step up from a vacuum.

Always got a Donna Reed vibe from her, vacuuming in a dress and often heels....

I always thought she worked for Dyson.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Susie resigned from her Dyson role.  Seems she may now be a full fledged Q employee in some capacity. .. ..

Why would she wanna go ahead and do that? I personally would rather work for Dyson.........

• Like 11

7 hours ago, CarpeDiem54 said:

Lord help us.  It's going to be 25 straight hours (thanks a lot time change) of Jan "I think I'm Madonna with this awesome mouthpiece stuck to my head" and Vitamix.  

The grout between the tiles on my kitchen and bathroom floors really need scrubbing.  That should keep me occupied tomorrow.

ITA!!!   I know I won't be watching.  There's nothing new to learn about the Vitamix. 

I think I'd almost rather watch a football game...... maybe........ maybe not ?........ figure skating is more like it on the Olympic Channel.

• Like 14