Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

Oof, that awful Barefoot Dreams sweater they have for today’s TSV! The chenille disaster with the four bands of horizontal stripes at the hip! I am not 100% positive — perhaps Burly can advise — but I believe the proper word for it is “Mumsy.”

FC8227AA-79FE-412F-975B-527964399670.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Laugh 7
  • Surprise 2

I like that Barefoot Dreams sweater for its cozy, boho look but it would not flatter me with the fluffy horizontal stripes.  Also expensive.  I rarely consider BD because of the price alone.  I actually thought about this one! 😁

• Like 5

Why is QVC putting Leah on Tuesday nights with Shawn.

IF Leah will continue to do her Fri/Sat morning shows, then be necessity that means working two different shifts in a week. Who would sign up for that. I wonder if Leah had a choice.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kathcart said:

Oof, that awful Barefoot Dreams sweater they have for today’s TSV! The chenille disaster with the four bands of horizontal stripes at the hip! I am not 100% positive — perhaps Burly can advise — but I believe the proper word for it is “Mumsy.”

They actually dropped the price on it yesterday evening; it was originally $89.94.  They are certainly hard-selling it during the 11 a.m. hour.

• Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Kathcart said:

According to the program guide, Caro has a Barefoot Dreams show on at 2:00, which probably means she has to wear this. Should be an interesting look on her!

• Surprise 2
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Put your Centigrade Elbow Length Puffer over your Barefoot Dreams cardigan!

a385473_202.jpeg

I like it! I might not look good in person though. I have the cap sleeve Martha puffer vest that I really like.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1

32 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

zuda dress not great on KL ,  dresses like that can be good but this is a miss for some reason

much better on Talia 

That hair and beanie sure don't help matters.

Very flattering on Talia.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

I like it! I might not look good in person though. I have the cap sleeve Martha puffer vest that I really like.

I like it, too! I was going to post about the Martha one, which I didn't get because cap sleeves don't look great on me, but thought I'd scroll through all the posts to see if anyone else recognized it. 

The thing about that Martha vest that impresses me so much is that I have seen so many instances over this pandemic where I'm watching a tv show that Martha is in and she actually wears that puffer vest!  I've seen two shows that were Martha-centric (a baking competition show and a gardening show she produced while quarantining on her farm in Bedford) and she wore it, and in a number of appearances in shows on the Food Network and elsewhere, she had that puffer vest on.  I really like that, even though it's a piece that haunts me!

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Thumper said:

I like that Barefoot Dreams sweater for its cozy, boho look but it would not flatter me with the fluffy horizontal stripes.  Also expensive.  I rarely consider BD because of the price alone.  I actually thought about this one! 😁

I considered buying one in teal but the fluffy stripes would add width where I already have plenty. Has anyone a purchased Barefoot Dreams cardigan? I am curious about how they hold up and the sizing.

I also would need the matching tshirt to wear under it but it has gotten poor reviews and it is nearly $40. Teal can be a tricky color to coordinate.

$80 seems expensive for a cardigan but QVCs prices are up overall. 

Edited by Showthyme
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Showthyme said:

I considered buying one in teal but the fluffy stripes would add width where I already have plenty. Has anyone a purchased Barefoot Dreams cardigan? I am curious about how they hold up and the sizing.

I also would need the matching tshirt to wear under it but it has gotten poor reviews and it is nearly $40. Teal can be a tricky color to coordinate.

I have a BF Dreams bathrobe, that I purchased directly from their site during a sale.  I have also tried on cardigans in stores.  I would say they run small....definitely follow the size guide and you'll be fine.

And the bathrobe has held up fine.  I think I've had it for three or four years.  I don't use fabric softener when I wash it, though.

I also have a throw that I purchased at Nordstrom Rack - gets more use than the bathrobe.  It has held up fine, washes beautifully.

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2

5 hours ago, Showthyme said:

According to this video, the quality of Barefoot Dreams sold on QVC is good, and better than Nordstrom.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, RubberbandGirl said:

According to this video, the quality of Barefoot Dreams sold on QVC is good, and better than Nordstrom.

Interesting.  ( I hate watching videos, but I was curious. ). 
Is this Melissa Goodwin what is known as an “influencer?”

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Interesting.  ( I hate watching videos, but I was curious. ). 
Is this Melissa Goodwin what is known as an “influencer?”

It looks likes she shares shopping deals she finds. That video came up as a suggestion after I watched a QVC video.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, hummingbird said:

chances of his wine being the same as all the other Q wine with a different label on it????

Pretty decent. 

He likely tasted samples from Vintage Wine Estates winemakers and chose which ones he wanted to slap his name on.  I noticed there are only three varietals in this offering:  Chardonnay, a bone-dry Rose, and Cab.  Looking at the tasting notes, from what I've previously seen of VWE wines these scream of their usual MO in terms of blending.

(BTW, when the VWE guy is on selling VWE wines by himself, he doesn't mention that all of the names on the bottles are under the same umbrella, because they own all of those labels, the vineyards, and associated wineries.  They're the grower, the producer and the distributor.)

Noon edit:  Indeed, Isaac has slapped his name on Vintage Wine Estates products.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Isaac Mizrahi has his own wine now?  How did I (thankfully) miss this?

He's also teamed with Longaberger for a $100 market basket.

admittedly not up on a lot of things but I could swear I had heard that Longaberger was no longer in business..........or am I confusing with something else?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hummingbird said:

And right now unless the baskets are truly artisan or high end crafted  is anybody going to spend $100 or so on a basket from Qvc

I don't know how many "somebodies" -- but somebody? Yes.

With -- as Qurate says -- QVC's vast audience/viewership, I bet there's not a single product they've ever sold NONE of. Too many hoarded up houses with QVC boxes inside for me to believe that. Some people will buy ANYthing. Even a complete FLOP of a product with only 50 or 100 sold -- means there were still 50 or 100 people that bought whatever that item is that others would think, "you must be crazy!"

I'd be curious to really know from someone with reliably sourced inside information:

1) IS there a product they've presented where they sold NONE, not a one?                                                                                                                        2) What is the product of which they've sold the least?  (And was that product discontinued, or because of its category even hardly selling any is acceptable.) 

------------------------

Have the OAPs who are in their own homes been "allowed" to taste food products?

If the excuse in the studio is some made up BS about safety, what's would the excuse be for someone in their own home not eating?

Edited by selhars
  • Like 5

Those tsv Bethlehem candles have such a big bulky base. How many window sills are wide enough?  Two C batteries each is alot and they are very bright!! No flickering option either. Seems like they just want to unload these. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, mpeeps said:

Those tsv Bethlehem candles have such a big bulky base. How many window sills are wide enough?  Two C batteries each is alot and they are very bright!! No flickering option either. Seems like they just want to unload these. 

I think that’s the Q’s new marketing slogan these days - “Let’s Unload These.”

• Like 6
  • Laugh 10

Maybe it's just me, but I find it odd that Joan Rivers Jewelry is being presented during In the Kitchen with David.  Also a long sweater. Is QVC trying to get us to "dress up" to cook?  I really don't see what a necklace and a sweater have to do with selling food.

• Like 11

17 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Maybe it's just me, but I find it odd that Joan Rivers Jewelry is being presented during In the Kitchen with David.  Also a long sweater. Is QVC trying to get us to "dress up" to cook?  I really don't see what a necklace and a sweater have to do with selling food.

What you dress up in after you have cooked your holiday meal for all the people who won't be there?

• Like 6
  • Sad 5

26 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Was it Mary mentioning the item numbers of what she was wearing?  They're starting to do that more often with the sidekicks.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

What you dress up in after you have cooked your holiday meal for all the people who won't be there?

Q needs to up their pj game.

• Like 5
  • Laugh 3

1 minute ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Was it Mary mentioning the item numbers of what she was wearing?  They're starting to do that more often with the sidekicks.

I can't receive QVC on TV live, so I check the program "recently on line " to watch the shows.  In this morning's ITKWD, a Joan Rivers necklace and somebody's long sweater were presented during the show.  It was not just item numbers, I don't think.  I noticed this last week, also.  Items other than food or kitchen related are being presented during a cooking show.  Seems very out of place to me.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, mpeeps said:

They do have a flickering option.  I watched the video with Pat because once again, I am debating.  The price is about the same as the ones VPH has offered each year, but there are a lot of improvements in this one.  They are 3 1/4” x 2 1/2” and would fit on my sills.  The problem is, I need 15 of them.

My cheapie window candles purchased from Walgreen’s several years ago are still working! 

• Like 5

Maybe that was it. I can't imagine a full presentation of clothing during ITKWD.  Sure we know they'll do the TSV sometimes. But I've never seen jewelry or clothing in ITKWD. That makes absolutely no sense.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, selhars said:

Maybe that was it. I can't imagine a full presentation of clothing during ITKWD.  Sure we know they'll do the TSV sometimes. But I've never seen jewelry or clothing in ITKWD. That makes absolutely no sense.

Which is exactly why they would do it.

• Laugh 7

There was no clothing presentation. David asked if the "foodies" wanted to know about her sweater, Mary said YES and mentioned the number and it showed on the screen with her accessories a couple of times during ITKWD. She didn't even stand up to model the clothes - just gave the number.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

There was no clothing presentation. David asked if the "foodies" wanted to know about her sweater, Mary said YES and mentioned the number and it showed on the screen with her accessories a couple of times during ITKWD. She didn't even stand up to model the clothes - just gave the number.

Thank you.  Since I can't watch live, I didn't know what had happened.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

point taken

I was coming from the point of "why start selling that product now"? 

From what I understand, Longaberger used to be sold on QVC a bunch of years ago.  Last year an Ohio-based company entered an agreement to manufacture products using that name.

So Q is banking on longtime viewers who remembered and loved the brand buying it again for themselves or as gifts along with potentially picking up some new customers.

https://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2019/11/13/longaberger-baskets-are-coming-back-new.html

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

I was coming from the point of "why start selling that product now"? 

I hear ya.

And likely there really is no good "why."  For myself, I'll ask why, and then catch myself -- and then think "why ask why" about anything when it comes to QVC. They likely worked out the deal, got Isaac on board. Didn't see why NOT to go ahead with it. Holiday gift-buying season will heat up soon. The baskets (if you like them) make good gifts. They may have sold well years ago. People like Isaac. Viewers buy things with his name on it. So why not?

Longaberger was in dire straights. Someone brokered a deal. The markup is likely ridiculously high. Likely not a money loser for QVC. So, there you go.

Things like this are why someone HAS to write a tell-all about that place. Like "From Scratch" was about the Food  Network. We need a book about QVC.😀

I'm a little more interested in the business side of Qurate than the personalities. I couldn't care less who likes who(m) or who hates who(m). I want to know about the contracts, the deals, the salaries, the sales numbers. Why some vendors are dropped, and others pushed down out throats (sales of course, but what else). I'm curious about the business, the empire that is Qurate. Throw in some who hates who, why so-and-so-left, etc. too. The book about Food Network was the perfect blend of business and behind the scenes personality stuff....and it did give a little insight as to who didn't get along, why some people were dropped, etc. And it named names, lots of quotes were on the record. Not all, but many.

I pray some WSJ or NYT reporter is working on this.

Edited by selhars
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, selhars said:

hings like this are why someone HAS to write a tell-all about that place. Like "From Scratch" was about the Food Network. We need a book about QVC.😀

Hmmm...working title anyone?

1 hour ago, Fromwhereisit said:

Real Hosts of West Chester

I Could Have Sold All Night (On-Air)

Trust Us

Confessions of a QVC Insider

We'll Sell You Anything

Give Us Your Time, Your Attention, Your Dollars

Five Easy Payments

The Boxes in the Basement

Our Loyal Customers:  QVC and Why TV Shopping Channels Will Likely be Extinct by 2025

I'll back away now.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 8

3 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

From what I understand, Longaberger used to be sold on QVC a bunch of years ago.  Last year an Ohio-based company entered an agreement to manufacture products using that name.

So Q is banking on longtime viewers who remembered and loved the brand buying it again for themselves or as gifts along with potentially picking up some new customers.

https://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2019/11/13/longaberger-baskets-are-coming-back-new.html

The indulgence of a building like that just smacks of "a fool and his money...".

longabergers-big-basket-building-may-become-hotel

Lonaberger-Big-Basket-from-Google-Street-View.jpg

• Like 1
  • Surprise 7

5 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

The indulgence of a building like that just smacks of "a fool and his money...".

longabergers-big-basket-building-may-become-hotel

Lonaberger-Big-Basket-from-Google-Street-View.jpg

For someone like me who is a visual direction giver and taker (forget exclusively giving me street names or numbers, even in the town I grew up in), it's great! 

"Take the first right after the big basket."

• Like 3
  • Laugh 6

11 hours ago, Fromwhereisit said:

"Go Head!"

"It's A Busy Day On The Q"

"Look It!"

"A Well-Deserved Read"

"Can You Sell A Pencil?"

"Inflatable Yard Decorations To Inflated Egos"

• Laugh 5

So the extended holiday returns have already begun guess that also means all Christmas, all the time very soon. Apparently, the annual “Shoes on Sale” show in October has been knocked down to only a one hour show this year. Plus, Creede Silver..only six hours instead of 24. Guess they need the extra time back for more TSV presentations and food shows because there isn’t nearly enough of those. *eyeroll*

I’ve been on a bit of a QVC sabbatical lately as I am fed up with them for many reasons but bought a couple sale items during the fashion days this weekend...with actual sale prices! Still annoyed with them though as there are several items I really want from my wish list but the price won’t budge. If anything, I’ve seen items actually increase...including clearance stuff.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

The Longaberger catalog is interesting.  Selling not just baskets, not just dinnerware, but now furniture ... and candles ... and cookies/cakes.  Very odd!

Looking at the prices, I guess I will hang on to the ones I have. 

Is it really part of the QVC (Qurate) empire, or was someone joking about that?

• Like 1