Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

Got a pair for the MIL (who can only wear slides) in size 6 last night. Glad I did, because there was nothing available below a 7 (which would actually be a 7 1/2) when I tuned in this morning. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Like 1

Well I see the Q (all 3 of the channels I get) is not selling today.  For the few moments I stopped and watched, they have a newish host doing crazy travelogue type stuff.

I thought I saw some last night of her visiting some salon in Vegas ( you know- a one stop shop= botox too!!)  oh my. Very bizarre to me.

• Like 2

You mean the Courtney Cason beauty segments? She went to Quebec, Texas and some other places I think. She's not really that new anymore. I think she's been there something like 6 years.

Edited by selhars
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 3

I just watched something called “The Big Find,” in which entrepreneurs tried to get QVC/HSN to consider their product.  One brand that was given “The Big Ticket” was a jewelry brand entitled “Taudrey.” (For the two women who founded it, Tina [I think] and Audrey.). Taudrey??  As in “tawdry?”  It does not inspire confidence in the jewelry, to me!  😀😁😁

• Like 1
  • Laugh 12

I wonder if they didn't know/understand the meaning of "tawdry." IF they just HAD to join their two names to form the name of the company, I would have gone with something else. There had to have been other combinations they could have come up with.

-- Use the last part of their names -- Reyna.

-- Mix up the letters in their names -- Diasomething -- or Tiasomething....Yerasomething.... or Tade... or Tren... something/anything other than Taudrey for a damned jewelry line. Who names their own product "tawdry"

But.... the Beekman Boys Goat Poop candy name....doesn't keep people from buying it. So whatever..

Edited by selhars
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

I just watched something called “The Big Find,” in which entrepreneurs tried to get QVC/HSN to consider their product.  One brand that was given “The Big Ticket” was a jewelry brand entitled “Taudrey.” (For the two women who founded it, Tina [I think] and Audrey.). Taudrey??  As in “tawdry?”  It does not inspire confidence in the jewelry, to me!  😀😁😁

I saw that too.  In addition to the sketchy name, I didn't see anything that hasn't been done to death already.  Though gimmicky, I thought the lighted slippers were kind of interesting.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

In addition to the sketchy name, I didn't see anything that hasn't been done to death already. 

That's never stopped QVC before.

At least these entrepreneurs won't be someone Lori Grenier found and is promoting. I'm looking forward to seeing (I expect) at least a few things I've never seen before. How long before we starting seeing the first of them on air? Sooner rather than later, I hope. 

I'm glad they've found some new blood. I think they should have been doing something like this all along.

Didn't they have success with their "50 50" tour they did yeeeears ago. The Big Find is just a revival of that idea. A return to that. But I like the premise a lot.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, selhars said:

I wonder if they didn't know/understand the meaning of "tawdry." IF they just HAD to join their two names to form the name of the company, I would have gone with something else. There had to have been other combinations they could have come up with.

-- Use the last part of their names -- Reyna.

-- Mix up the letters in their names -- Diasomething -- or Tiasomething....Yerasomething.... or Tade... or Tren... something/anything other than Taudrey for a damned jewelry line. Who names their own product "tawdry"

But.... the Beekman Boys Goat Poop candy name....doesn't keep people from buying it. So whatever..

Education it’s a good thing 

• Laugh 3

Last night I almost bought----- on Sandra's Authentic Home or whatever authentic it is- they had a quilt set with 2 shams and I couldn't tell what else. Very very attractive prints. However, for the 10 or so minutes that I watched, they had one set on the bed, and then from time to time showed a piece or two of other patterns and solids.

It was too confusing to try to figure out which one I liked (there was only one that appealed to me but I have been looking for a new bedding set for a while and this had me considering). They made it too hard for me to spend the money.

Alas.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I watched Sandra's show this morning on Q2 and thought the quilt set was nice and a good deal also. Didn't buy, but might check to see what's available.

Sandra looked great,  BTW.

• Like 3

I've been using Fiestaware for 20 yrs.  Puts Temptations to shame IMO and made in the good ol' USA!

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 9

5 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Q's website is showing Fiesta dinnerware.  If they feature it on the air, should do well.

they've offered it for some time now, at least a year or two. 

I don't check it out often enough, but perhaps they have it in stock just for the holidays or something.  But it's been definitely on their website for some time.  I only recall it being on air once, on an ITKWD show, and never saw it again.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

I just checked QVC for Fiestaware and got zilch. I know ShopHQ has it but never seen it on the Q. Macy’s has a great sale on Fiesta now to the first I think. I bought a few things I’d been wanting. Price too good to pass up. 

• Like 3

Sorry, I went back to check QVC and if you do a search on Fiesta it does direct you to some Fiesta. I searched Fiestaware and came up with nothing. Their prices are comparable to Macy’s although Macy’s has free shipping plus another 15% off at checkout with keyword Joy. 

• Useful 3

So... I had an order that was supposed to be a gift. Ordered something (that laser tape measurer) December 5th with an estimated delivery of December 11th. The 5th was a Thursday, so I expected a shipping notification between Saturday-Sunday.

11th rolls around, I kinda forgot about the order, don't recall how I remembered, but I did, checked it, it was still in process. Called CS, they mention the standard time of 3-4 business days, ignoring that it had been a week.

So...

Another week rolls around. It's still in processing. Called CS again. They gave me the same response of 3-4 business days, ignoring it had now been two weeks. I gave them that info, but they ignored it. At the same time, a few days in row I e-mailed about the order. No response to the e-mails.

Long story short, week three, the item was suddenly allowed to be cancelled on my end. While processing the few weeks, I got the "not able to be cancelled/close to shipping" message, and CS said the same thing when I asked over the phone. And... this was the only thing that kinda bugged me, in the end, after I cancelled the order, suddenly within a few hours, all of those CS e-mails I sent were suddenly answered and they all said "Sorry about your order/length of time responding, but we noticed the order is cancelled. We strive for the best..." blah, blah, blah. 

Not as horrid as the evine snafu of 2016, but inching up there. Not bad enough to stop ordering completely, all other orders, before/after, arrived, but whatever.

Edited by CyberJawa1986 · Reason: Edits and stuff, yo!
  • Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • Surprise 4

8 minutes ago, CyberJawa1986 said:

So... I had an order that was supposed to be a gift. Ordered something (that laser tape measurer) December 5th with an estimated delivery of December 11th. The 5th was a Thursday, so I expected a shipping notification between Saturday-Sunday.

11th rolls around, I kinda forgot about the order, don't recall how I remembered, but I did, checked it, it was still in process. Called CS, they mention the standard time of 3-4 business days, ignoring that it had been a week.

So...

Another week rolls around. It's still in processing. Called CS again. They gave me the same response of 3-4 business days, ignoring it had now been two weeks. I gave them that info, but they ignored it. At the same time, a few days in row I e-mailed about the order. No response to the e-mails.

Long story short, week three, the item was suddenly allowed to be cancelled on my end. While processing the few weeks, I got the "not able to be cancelled/close to shipping" message, and CS said the same thing when I asked over the phone. And... this was the only thing that kinda bugged me, in the end, after I cancelled the order, suddenly within a few hours, all of those CS e-mails I sent were suddenly answered and they all said "Sorry about your order/length of time responding, but we noticed the order is cancelled. We strive for the best..." blah, blah, blah. 

Not as horrid as the evine snafu of 2016, but inching up there. Not bad enough to stop ordering completely, all other orders, before/after, arrived, but whatever.

That is very aggravating! 🤬

• Like 2

So what the F is going on with QVC?? I used to keep it on as background noise (I work from home) and enjoyed it for the banter. To be honest, I maybe paid attention 1% of the time, but in that time even I bought a few things (some Temptations junk, a Vitamix, a D&B bag for my wife, etc.). But now its just horrible. All of the attractive women are missing (sorry, I am a shallow guy - and work alone from home), the products are not remotely interesting (who the hell makes a lasagna out of freaking potstickers?!?), the banter is forced, and the remaining hosts have doubled-down on the annoying factor (David was always annoying but now just makes me angry). I know I sound like a crazy loser (which I may be), but I used to like when they rolled out decorations for Halloween, Christmas, and even the garden set-ups come spring. Did QVC change or did I just start paying more attention?

PS: It was actually a running joke in my family that I watched. But now and then would bump into another viewer at a party or work event and we could talk for hours it seems about it. 

Edited by Haddock Branzini
  • Like 10

5 minutes ago, Haddock Branzini said:

So what the F is going on with QVC?? I used to keep it on as background noise (I work from home) and enjoyed it for the banter. To be honest, I maybe paid attention 1% of the time, but in that time even I bought a few things (some Temptations junk, a Vitamix, a D&B bag for my wife, etc.). But now its just horrible. All of the attractive women are missing (sorry, I am a shallow guy - and work alone from home), the products are not remotely interesting (who the hell makes a lasagna out of freaking potstickers?!?), the banter is forced, and the remaining hosts have doubled-down on the annoying factor (David was always annoying but now just makes me angry). I know I sound like a crazy loser (which I may be), but I used to like when they rolled out decorations for Halloween, Christmas, and even the garden set-ups come spring. Did QVC change or did I just start paying more attention?

PS: It was actually a running joke in my family that I watched. But now and then would bump into another viewer at a party or work event and we could talk for hours it seems about it. 

They made lasanga out of potstickers?  Sheesh, I've gotten flak from people from New Jersey of Italian heritage for using cottage cheese in lasanga instead of ricotta.  I can't even imagine the response if I mentioned potsticker lasanga.

Anyhoo, there's also the growing issue of HSN and QVC selling the same products or very close variations of a product.  It has become very noticeable this year.  Not to mention that the Beekmans, for example, are now appearing on both channels. 

On the other hand, change the channel over to ShopHQ right now and you can catch the first hour of 6 straight hours of Invicta watches.  And if my program guide is right, there will be another 6 straight hours tomorrow night.  Sure, Invicta's money helped keep them afloat earlier this year, but 6 hours straight?

• Laugh 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

They made lasanga out of potstickers?  Sheesh, I've gotten flak from people from New Jersey of Italian heritage for using cottage cheese in lasanga instead of ricotta.  I can't even imagine the response if I mentioned potsticker lasanga.

Anyhoo, there's also the growing issue of HSN and QVC selling the same products or very close variations of a product.  It has become very noticeable this year.  Not to mention that the Beekmans, for example, are now appearing on both channels. 

On the other hand, change the channel over to ShopHQ right now and you can catch the first hour of 6 straight hours of Invicta watches.  And if my program guide is right, there will be another 6 straight hours tomorrow night.  Sure, Invicta's money helped keep them afloat earlier this year, but 6 hours straight?

Was that dancing Dave’ recipe, so creative, 🤣🤣

• Laugh 5

10 minutes ago, Lady J said:

Was that dancing Dave’ recipe, so creative, 🤣🤣

Searched ye olde internet, and yes, it does exist.  Probably was made by one of Q's culinary team/prep chefs.  Not surprisingly, think Asian dish vs. what your Italian grandmother makes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Haddock Branzini said:

I don't think there is anything shallow about wanting to see attractive people on television. Besides, plenty of studies indicate that attractive, well-groomed people are perceived as more trustworthy. Maybe that's why sales are in the toilet; there are a bunch of slobs on the Q. 

Edited by LeeDenny · Reason: My brain is on a break.
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 2

OMG. What is it with the ribbed-cuff ankle pant? Is it really that flattering on most people? Really?

Of course Lisa Rinna just said they're so chic. No, Lisa. They're not "chic." (IMO)

Re: the host casting call......I have no words.

Edited by selhars
  • Like 2

Ok, so I ordered two of the XL air fryers at the Black Friday sale price.  Mom had said oh she wished she had that 'little oven that Eric showed on tv'.  I first thought she'd meant the Cuisinart oven that you can put on the counter, but that had mediocre reviews.  Then when she mentioned Eric, I was like oh the air fryer?  Yeah.  I ordered her one in gray (black was sold out) and one for me in Cinnamon.  I have the egg shaped one which is ok, but annoying if you want to do multiple types of food at the same time (one will be too done, while the other not as done). 

I get a confirmation email for my order.  I check a few days later and the gray one is in process while the cinnamon one is backordered.  How in the holy hell can it be backordered when I got a confirmation that my sale went through, plus delivery dates (estimates)?  I should have cancelled it right then and there.

Got the gray one and then the cinnamon one maybe a week later.  Ok, it went from backordered to in stock within a week?  I guess maybe.  I just chocked it up to the crappy Q website.  

Fast forward to Christmas, Mom had zero clue what the fryer did and did not do, didn't really have room, so I boxed it back up.  Yeah, since I believe it was free s/h, I thought it was free on the return.  Silly me.  I rarely order from the Q, and if I order it's 99.9% something I've gotten before or something that's cheap enough I won't bother to return.  

I'm returning mine too since I read reviews across the internet with bad to mediocre reviews, plus the warranty is only 60 days - which seems sketchy as hell, and a lot have died on like day 70, etc.).  

So I get the gray one all ready to go.  I'd not opened the cinnamon one.  No little envelope on the outside with the return/invoice stuff.  I look inside the box.  Nothing.  Didn't look brand new packed - not bad, but not the brand new.  I was like well let me see if it's somehow stuck elsewhere.  I go to remove the address label to me.  Two labels.  The one underneath is a return label.  They sent me a return, which I thought would go as an 'as is' product, but charged me the full price (BF price but still that price wasn't for as is).  They will be getting a nastygram from me as I refuse to pay full shipping on a return item.  Really shady business practices going on there.

I then go to the post office.  Yeah the post office associates said sure it's free to you, then they zing you on the return.  One woman in line said she'd gotten a Christmas gift from the Q, and it was missing parts.  Not enough for her to bother with returning, but she wasn't going to be shopping with them again.  Lesson learned by me.  If it's anything slightly 'iffy' not ordering from the Q.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 5

Sorry if this has been addressed before but - what was the plan about bringing 3 channels?

I recall  there was the Q and then there was another channel that seemed to be showing previously aired clips. I called it the rerun channel.  But now it seems like 3 separate? channels and I see some of the usual hosts on. For what it's worth, the H has 2 channels ( at least I get 2 now) as well.

Grateful for any explanation.

51 minutes ago, mayvenne said:

I'll walk out on a limb and say that no one in the entire world, including the executive offices at QRate, can explain what's going on there.

• Laugh 10

2 hours ago, mayvenne said:

Sorry if this has been addressed before but - what was the plan about bringing 3 channels?

I recall  there was the Q and then there was another channel that seemed to be showing previously aired clips. I called it the rerun channel.  But now it seems like 3 separate? channels and I see some of the usual hosts on. For what it's worth, the H has 2 channels ( at least I get 2 now) as well.

Will try to keep this as short as possible (yeah, right; this is me!):  There was Q, live 24/7 except for Christmas, then someone or someones a while back decided they should give a 2nd channel a go.  Q2 is 12 hours live during the daytime (10-10 on weekends, noon to midnight on weekdays), and 12 hours of reruns for the rest of the time.  It's not uncommon for Q to have a product like the TSV live on air on the main channel while a rerun of an earlier airing of the same product is being shown on Q2.

Then they decided to have an all-beauty channel, BeautyIQ, both online and through some cable and satellite providers.  The live programming was much more limited, so it had lots of reruns of the same beauty shows.  But they realized that it wasn't successful and slowly began showing reruns of non-beauty programming, like clothing and even ITKWD in addition to the beauty shows they had live.  They changed it to all Christmas shows for about a month late last year.  Earlier this year it went to reruns 24 hours a day of Q and Q2 programming, and renamed to Q3.  BeautyIQ is still around selling beauty stuff, but just as an online channel.

It didn't take long for them to admit that changing from BeautyIQ to an all rerun channel was producing better sales than BeautyIQ ever did.  And it does make sense for them to keep it instead of breaking contracts with cable and satellite providers and taking it off air if they're selling product enough to justify the (probably not too expensive) cost of running it.  HSN2 is entirely reruns as well, and it's been around longer.

A few months ago, main Q starting having reruns for part of the overnight, hours; they started with 5 hours' worth, then went down to 4, and may soon be going down to 3.  But those are the same 1-hour show being shown in a loop.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

44 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Will try to keep this as short as possible (yeah, right; this is me!):  There was Q, live 24/7 except for Christmas, then someone or someones a while back decided they should give a 2nd channel a go.  Q2 is 12 hours live during the daytime (10-10 on weekends, noon to midnight on weekdays), and 12 hours of reruns for the rest of the time.  It's not uncommon for Q to have a product like the TSV live on air on the main channel while a rerun of an earlier airing of the same product is being shown on Q2.

Then they decided to have an all-beauty channel, BeautyIQ, both online and through some cable and satellite providers.  The live programming was much more limited, so it had lots of reruns of the same beauty shows.  But they realized that it wasn't successful and slowly began showing reruns of non-beauty programming, like clothing and even ITKWD in addition to the beauty shows they had live.  They changed it to all Christmas shows for about a month late last year.  Earlier this year it went to reruns 24 hours a day of Q and Q2 programming, and renamed to Q3.  BeautyIQ is still around selling beauty stuff, but just as an online channel.

It didn't take long for them to admit that changing from BeautyIQ to an all rerun channel was producing better sales than BeautyIQ ever did.  And it does make sense for them to keep it instead of breaking contracts with cable and satellite providers and taking it off air if they're selling product enough to justify the (probably not too expensive) cost of running it.  HSN2 is entirely reruns as well, and it's been around longer.

A few months ago, main Q starting having reruns for part of the overnight, hours; they started with 5 hours' worth, then went down to 4, and may soon be going down to 3.  But those are the same 1-hour show being shown in a loop.

JMPO I think if BIQ had more live shows it might have done better, or if they had been more nimble in handling it ,  the shows were actually done well 

also speculating that once some of the rerun channels contracts are over they might be dropped 

• Like 3

Maybe, although I doubt it, the shows with the two and three hosts had sales upticks compared to the solo host shows?  So they're going to have multi host shows now, hence the need for more hosts? 

Or are they throwing stuff at the wall and whatever sticks, that's their new strategy?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, hoosier80 said:

Or are they throwing stuff at the wall and whatever sticks, that's their new strategy?

Basically.   The changes needed to survive in the current market had to be put in place years ago.   Now the Q is desperately playing catch up.   The biggest problem is that most retailers today are trying to compete with Amazon.  The Q can’t and never will be Amazon.    The Q needs to carve our their own niche in a changing market.  So, yes, the Q is throwing whatever they can at the wall to get more viewers and future customers.  

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, hoosier80 said:

Maybe, although I doubt it, the shows with the two and three hosts had sales upticks compared to the solo host shows?  So they're going to have multi host shows now, hence the need for more hosts? 

My first thought was that there will be some hosts leaving in the next year, whether voluntary or involuntary.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

also speculating that once some of the rerun channels contracts are over they might be dropped 

Quite possible, whether by mutual agreement or one of the shopping channel or the service provider saying, "Bye."

I lose channels rather regularly.  For example, ShopLC disappeared a few years ago and the cable company got rid of the channel number completely; other providers in my area still have it so I'm guessing the cable company made that decision.  ESPN Classic recently went toodles after ESPN decided to get rid of it.

• Useful 2

Caro on Q2 in a lumpy bumpy cardi and Nutsy the D&C mascott is a regular guest now holding the Q card on the garment rack.  Caro said a customer sent Nutsy to them.  I wonder how much more like this is going to be sent to.them?

20191229_130210-686x1123.thumb.jpg.e4952e75870d28da8599656b60707be1.jpg20191229_130142-1427x1163.thumb.jpg.9c9dd127f1b674af7ac369c4ed52d126.jpg

• Like 4
  • Laugh 1

7 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

Caro on Q2 in a lumpy bumpy cardi and Nutsy the D&C mascott is a regular guest now holding the Q card on the garment rack.  Caro said a customer sent Nutsy to them.  I wonder how much more like this is going to be sent to.them?

20191229_130210-686x1123.thumb.jpg.e4952e75870d28da8599656b60707be1.jpg20191229_130142-1427x1163.thumb.jpg.9c9dd127f1b674af7ac369c4ed52d126.jpg

GMTA - While you were posting these, I was posting almost the same pics in the Hosts forum!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LGGirl said:

The changes needed to survive in the current market had to be put in place years ago.

now we knew this, why didn't the Exec board at Qrate have an inkling of changes to retail coming and prepare?

from here it looks like they were just riding on past successs

• Like 1

If Q is trying to save money and increase profits, they need to either get rid of the OAP's or the show hosts.  Back in the day, show hosts did all the presenting.  I have no idea who thought it was a good idea to bring on another mouth to tout the products.  Now, I can understand having an OAP that is the owner of a company that makes the product, but to have people like Erin, her obnoxious hubby, Linda from Linens, heck even guys like Gary and the rep from Joan Rivers, and any other OAP that's actually employed by Q is stupid and only decreases their profits by having to pay salary or commissions plus any kind of benefits to these unnecessary talking heads. Why can't the show hosts present products on their own, like they used to do?  Are these current hosts too stupid or lazy to handle their shows without help?  Maybe if the hosts were forced to actually work hard for their insane salaries, maybe if they actually had to do their homework and know their products, they would really deserve their hard earned vacations.

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, Aerohalen said:

many of the hosts are over 50,they maybe looking for some new blood.

Cheaper blood. The older, longtime hosts are paid high salaries.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

2 hours ago, mpeeps said:

Pur

2 hours ago, Booney said:

GMTA - While you were posting these, I was posting almost the same pics in the Hosts forum!

Like I've said, Caro is pure white trash and has made Gary and his line cater to her taste which is horrendous.  Why is she even still a host for anything?  She is also a liar imo.  How could she be so big if she truly golfs, gardens and cares for all those pets as she claims?