Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

8 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

image.thumb.png.31c32b52013b7bbb4ec0703a41004dee.png

Selling a reversible NFL vest with only two weeks left in the regular season is a special kind of stupidity that only the Q can manage

makes no sense,  they do this often. selling stuff "out of sync" and it's almost too late now for gifts isn't it?

• Like 3

QR code is thing is thinking out of box

but in the time I get my phone and get up to the TeeVee and load the QR reader i can look it all up on my mac or pad

• Like 1

12 hours ago, hoosier80 said:

The new Q formula seems to be, two hosts aren't bringing in the mega bucks, so let's throw three hosts together!

The new Q is vaudeville..

Next layer to be added: pies in the face..

seltzer bottles to wash it off

image.png.fe2c279f24dfca22abdbaa9c4e55fb6d.png

Edited by artisto
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 5

36 minutes ago, artisto said:

image.png.fe2c279f24dfca22abdbaa9c4e55fb6d.png

Yes! I agree with you 100%!

Remember the show with Rick D. and Shawn K. - “Anything Goes with Rick and Shawn”? (see above vintage ad)

I was looking up the etymology of the word vaudeville last week, as I was getting that nudging feeling that the ‘V’ in QVC might really stand for ‘Vaudeville’ and not ‘Value’, as once was thought.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 9

Am I the only one who gets irked by the Founder of Ultra Repair Cream Lily Gordon?  She just mentioned that the repair cream helps w wrinkles but her face is so overly botoxed up she can barely smile.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 5

4 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

🤣

The Q just lost me on a $180 mirror. 

See Melissa Epps ditched her $7k gold Cartier bracelet.  Guess wearing it doesn’t give off the illusion as a poor busy mom.  

• Like 1
  • Laugh 7

I have a feeling the product offerings will go down hill as we get closer to Christmas.

Food is one of those categories -- especially around any holiday time -- where you definitely want the item to arrive by a certain date....in time for a dinner or other gathering. And as we get past the time when Xmas delivery can be absolutely guaranteed, I think good gift options will be no more. Not that QVC can't push/promote ANYthing as a gift.

I fear the dregs are coming.

• Like 4

Well, if what we've seen are items they thought they could sell the heck out of as gifts, I hate to see what we're left with when they aren't using that "hook" to increase sales.

Some retailers use this time of year to sort of just dump leftovers.....And I really don't want to see QVC's leftovers.....not certainly If those pallet auctions are any indication at all....oh, my. 

Then again, if viewers are into entertainment, in a train wreck sort of way, some might be eager to see Jane T sell a pallet of flameless candles (and whatever else they've had on those pallet sales.)

I groan in agony just thinking about it.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

image.thumb.png.31c32b52013b7bbb4ec0703a41004dee.png

Selling a reversible NFL vest with only two weeks left in the regular season is a special kind of stupidity that only the Q can manage

To be fair, when Stacey introduced it tonight, she said they actually debuted it 10 days ago...and teams were already close to selling out. This was literally in her opening statement “launching” it as the Big Deal. Why do they even bother with TSVs/BDs? Why not just call all of them “Please Buy This, We’re Dying and We Can’t Figure Out Why” Bargains? 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 2

163F4125-7319-4E4E-A95B-F6D49DA22454.thumb.jpeg.de6abd2f9fad5444c0133bfb3e60ba16.jpeg

When has the model Joanne’s hair ever looked like the before? They made it extra flat on purpose. Anyone who watches beauty shows knows that’s not her normal hairstyle. Either way, she’s a beautiful woman.

• Like 9
  • Laugh 4
  • Surprise 1

Unblended dots of concealer aside (she was doing a demonstration)...is this makeup look supposed to actually be attractive?! And if so, to whom?

1899573673_ScreenShot2019-12-17at11_56_40PM.png.f9ac2e46682504a5208070b8a59a52c9.png

1 hour ago, lazyfaire said:

163F4125-7319-4E4E-A95B-F6D49DA22454.thumb.jpeg.de6abd2f9fad5444c0133bfb3e60ba16.jpeg

When has the model Joanne’s hair ever looked like the before? They made it extra flat on purpose. Anyone who watches beauty shows knows that’s not her normal hairstyle. Either way, she’s a beautiful woman.

Is it just me, or is the "before" look way better? Mid-1990s on the left, mid-1980s on the right....

Edited by BuyMoreAndSave
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 4

It would be best to reign the hosts and OAP in a little before someone gets hurtF4A93F03-F476-44D3-80F3-CB878FB7416F.jpeg.e3acad71c7a16e1213b5e6694ba52d0c.jpeg

It’s not too subjective to say, this interaction last night, was frivolous. Not to mention reckless and unsanitary (or it’s just collaborative insanity, pick one).

Edited by Fromwhereisit
  • Like 3
  • Surprise 3
  • Sad 1

Am I losing my mind, or is this Jill Bauer in the Philosophy video? It's in today's Items Recently Aired section. A16619, philosophy super-size fragrance 3-in-1 gel & body lotion duo. I know QVC sometimes shows old product videos in Items Recently Aired instead of the most recent presentation, but for heaven's sake, Jill doesn't work there any more. She left in June. I am absolutely positive many other hosts have presented that product since June, so there should have been other videos available.

Strangely enough, the Items Recently Aired video for the exact same product, just on auto delivery, is a presentation by Jen Coffey, done today. A209343, philosophy super-size 3-in-1 gel & body lotion duo Auto-Delivery.  Why didn't QVC use her presentation?

I'm also annoyed by the absence of most of the products presented today in Items Recently Aired. The program guide said All Day Holiday Shopping Spectacular, running from 7 a.m. through 11 p.m. It is now 7:40 p.m. EST, but QVC is only showing 15 products for the last 11 hours in Items Recently Aired. Many of us cannot sit and watch QVC all day. We have to check Items Recently Aired later. So QVC is losing potential sales.

Who the hell is running the QVC site?

misc pics QVC Jill Bauer philosophy beauty 12-18-19.jpg

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 2

^^ Good question.

And...how on Earth can they expect -- given all their recent shipping issues -- anyone to actually trust their word that all items bought today (with a credit card)....really will arrive before Christmas (meaning by next Tuesday)

Edited by selhars
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Coffeecup said:

Am I losing my mind, or is this Jill Bauer in the Philosophy video? It's in today's Items Recently Aired section. A16619, philosophy super-size fragrance 3-in-1 gel & body lotion duo. I know QVC sometimes shows old product videos in Items Recently Aired instead of the most recent presentation, but for heaven's sake, Jill doesn't work there any more. She left in June. I am absolutely positive many other hosts have presented that product since June, so there should have been other videos available.

Strangely enough, the Items Recently Aired video for the exact same product, just on auto delivery, is a presentation by Jen Coffey, done today. A209343, philosophy super-size 3-in-1 gel & body lotion duo Auto-Delivery.  Why didn't QVC use her presentation?

I'm also annoyed by the absence of most of the products presented today in Items Recently Aired. The program guide said All Day Holiday Shopping Spectacular, running from 7 a.m. through 11 p.m. It is now 7:40 p.m. EST, but QVC is only showing 15 products for the last 11 hours in Items Recently Aired. Many of us cannot sit and watch QVC all day. We have to check Items Recently Aired later. So QVC is losing potential sales.

Who the hell is running the QVC site?

misc pics QVC Jill Bauer philosophy beauty 12-18-19.jpg

A a couple weeks back I saw a video for a food item and Sharon Faetsch was in it.  She's been gone over a year now.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 1
  • Surprise 3

23 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

A a couple weeks back I saw a video for a food item and Sharon Faetsch was in it.  She's been gone over a year now.

Ditto.

In the past month I've also seen presentations with Jackie and also one of the certain host who has been gone for 4 years and we're not supposed to mention.

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Surprise 6

15 minutes after midnight and rick is warning us that one of the versions of the affinity tsv is close to sell out. Either total bs or very poor planning. I vote bs. Heard this spiel before. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, seasons said:

15 minutes after midnight and rick is warning us that one of the versions of the affinity tsv is close to sell out. Either total bs or very poor planning. I vote bs. Heard this spiel before. 

ordered 200, so it's possible

On 12/18/2019 at 8:04 PM, selhars said:

^^ Good question.

And...how on Earth can they expect -- given all their recent shipping issues -- anyone to actually trust their word that all items bought today (with a credit card)....really will arrive before Christmas (meaning by next Tuesday)

or if so why can't they do it all the time 

• Useful 3

Watching an HSN gift show; order by noon and Christmas delivery  guaranteed. .....but they just announced a big glitch with phone ordering.

Beginning  of Q technology integration! 

• Laugh 4

26 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Watching an HSN gift show; order by noon and Christmas delivery  guaranteed. .....but they just announced a big glitch with phone ordering.

Beginning  of Q technology integration! 

wow

Still having phone problems.  Shoppers ordering by phone probably don't have an app and aren't comfortable with online ordering.  

The host says bear with us, we know hundreds of you are waiting!  Not good.

Edited by JohnnyStar5
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

The TSV ring has been available online for I think over a week so some sizes ordered in small number could definitely be gone.  

Showed Monday with Court+Aims. That worked.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Still having phone problems.  Shoppers ordering by phone probably don't have an app and aren't comfortable with online ordering.  

Phone call shopper last night mentioned waiting until midnight to jump on offer. Dogs and tricks...? 💡

• Laugh 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

How blue the air must be in St. Petersburg today.

• Laugh 3

Those are a lot of anxious first time December 20th shoppers promised a Perlier delivery on Christmas Eve....the ones who won't ever come back if you screw them over......

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

2 hours ago, BecomingLimited said:

Phone call shopper last night mentioned waiting until midnight to jump on offer. Dogs and tricks...? 💡

The phone call shopper .....  bread and butter for home shopping and soon to be dying breed.  They do no use the internet or internet savvy.  Cannot check the Q reviews, cannot compare prices, trust whatever the Q is spewing. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 3

On 12/17/2019 at 4:44 AM, artisto said:

image.png.fe2c279f24dfca22abdbaa9c4e55fb6d.pngD

Starring David Venable, Carolyn Gracie and Gary Gobin, Jane Treacy

• Laugh 3

Looks like Susie the previous Dyson vacuum rep has resurfaced now hawking Arte De’Oro.  Guess her skin care line she started after her departure from Dyson didn’t pan out.

• Like 1
  • Useful 5

On QVC's website is there a way to see (ahead of time) -- what's coming up on air. Or what will be featured during a given show?

HSN has that info under "shop items" right in the program guide/schedule grid. But I can't find that info on QVC. (It could be right under my nose and I'm just missing it.)

A LOOOONGG time ago they did have it. But they seem to have stopped. Which I know gives them more flexibility to move items around or reschedule shows. But for me personally as a viewer I tune away if I don't know what's coming up.

(That's just the opposite of what I guess most people would do...stay tuned to see what's coming up. But with the hosts being such an instant click lately, I'm not hanging around if I don't know what's  coming up.)

• Like 1

@selhars, QVC doesn't usually show you what is coming up until the actual show - sometimes they do for ITKWD, but they haven't let you stop ahead. Maybe with all the TSVs being available for multiple days, they might now.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Etherbunny said:

Looks like Susie the previous Dyson vacuum rep has resurfaced now hawking Arte De’Oro.  Guess her skin care line she started after her departure from Dyson didn’t pan out.

I thought that was her .....

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Retired at last said:

@selhars, QVC doesn't usually show you what is coming up until the actual show - sometimes they do for ITKWD, but they haven't let you shop ahead. Maybe with all the TSVs being available for multiple days, they might now.

8 hours ago, Retired at last said:

@selhars, QVC doesn't usually show you what is coming up until the actual show - sometimes they do for ITKWD, but they haven't let you stop ahead. Maybe with all the TSVs being available for multiple days, they might now.

Yes, as a rule they don't show a list of the items in the show. It ticks me off. On JTV, the minute a new show starts, their website lists every item to be shown.

Maybe QVC doesn't want to risk having any items sell out before the host gets to them. They don't show enough items per hour as it is. Also, now that QVC seems to feel they must have an OAP for every presentation, they wouldn't want to have to pay an OAP who couldn't go on air because the product already sold out.

This doesn't make sense for the new shopping environment of online sales. The younger customers aren't watching TV, and they aren't going to sit patiently and wait while the channel drags along product by product. They will click off QVC and go to Amazon.

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

4 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Did you all hear that Joseph Segel, founder of QVC, passed away today?  He was 88.

I saw them announce it this morning and then Jane Treacy delivered an emotion packed tribute to him. The Q sure has changed from his original concept....and not for the better. I wonder what he thought about the current practices. 

• Like 9
  • Laugh 1

Let's see I've had 4 packages from Amazon in the past two days, last minute items I was like I have to get or stuff I needed. All ordered 1 to 2 days from delivery.  Some were to come tomorrow, and I got today.  Just ordered 3 more items today, and I have no doubt I'll get those before I go out of town on 12/24.

I went into an Ulta store last night after work, and it was a madhouse (they had all OPI at 50% off, but the racks were limited in some shades).   After that I was like I'm getting anything else I need from Amazon.  I should've probably ordered what I wanted online, but even to pick up orders at the store seemed to be a pain.  Some woman was waiting for her order as I checked out.  Long line, but I think it was only a 15 to 20 minute wait.  What was horrible was parking and traffic.  People were NUTS!

As for the food items on the Q, how soon until they push for NYE or Valentine's day - or even that snow day that you all know is coming!  While they also push the new year, new you crap again.  

I'm so warped that I when I saw the founder of QVC passed away, I was picturing a slow motion happy dance - or would it be a sorrow dance?  The Q is so cheesy and gimmicky, I really wouldn't put anything past them at this point.

If they thought the carnival barker style would sell, we'd see DV in a straw hat and cane tomorrow.  

Edited to add (sorry too long, but I'm on a roll/rant):  Fulfillment center is almost done?  I couldn't get to the video, got some weird version of the Q site - having issues?  Anyhow, you're  a retailer.  Christmas season is your make or break selling time.  Wouldn't you plan to have your new center up and running in time for your main selling season?

The before/after of the hair up above.  Sigh.  The after picture looks like something rom the show Dynasty.  What's next, shoulder pads and power suits?

Edited by hoosier80
  • Laugh 4

On 12/21/2019 at 7:35 PM, Coffeecup said:

The younger customers aren't watching TV, and they aren't going to sit patiently and wait while the channel drags along product by product

this Older one isn’t  waiting either 

Edited by hummingbird
  • Like 5

What ever happened with Ori Paz jewelry? I thought it was lovely and reasonably priced=====and seemed that many people liked it as well. Is that why it's no longer?

🙂

• Like 1

Jayne just said that today's TSV (Skechers GO Walk Suede Clog) was so much of a hit the last time it was on( and it might have been a TSV then, also) that they just had to bring it back again.

I tune in at 2p and the largest size -- the 12 is completely sold out in all colors. Jayne said they didn't even have one for here to wear on air.

So they knew it was a hit -- and still didn't order enough?

Edited by selhars
  • Like 2