Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

33 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

This is where B&M stores have an advantage.   If I order from Macy’s I too am emailed it shipped within 3 or 4 hours.

Often from the Herald Square store. They tell you if its in stock there.  You couldn't pay me to go into that store now.

I'd rather have brunch with Susan Graver and Jane Tracey.

🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂

• Like 2
  • Laugh 2

44 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

I'd rather have brunch with Susan Graver and Jane Tracey.

I’d love to have lunch with them.  Get them tipsy and have them spill some tea.  😁

• Like 1
  • Laugh 10

2 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

I’d love to have lunch with them.  Get them tipsy and have them spill some tea.  😁

First Jane would tell you how her ancestors invented tea. 😹

• Laugh 18

I think the hosts are given bullet points to use such as "can't get delivery except for paying more" and the earbuds vs. headphones, etc

as the delivery thing I just don't know what to say about that , sort of playing to those who don't know more 

because all of them really say the same things 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Lady J said:

First Jane would tell you how her ancestors invented tea. 😹

Of course.   To be expected.  But worth it if I get some juicy info. 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

3 hours ago, LGGirl said:

Those Bose speakers are a good price.  It’s nice that you can link them together.  My hubby would like them but we’ve spent enough already for Christmas. 

I had to sit on my hands so as not to order one.  Or two.

• Like 3

I did a lot of shopping online on Thanksgiving weekend. A little from each of these places - QVC, Lord & Taylor, Amazon, Nordstrom Rack, Neiman Marcus, Last Call (Neiman Marcus outlet), Macy's and Talbots.

Amazon was the quickest.  I do have Prime, however many things said they'd be delivered by the Tuesday after Thanksgiving....I got them that weekend!  Of course, I'm sure you all saw how Amazon got called out about their working conditions both in the warehouse and with their delivery....I have to be honest and say that gives me pause.  I don't feel like I need my stuff so quickly, particularly at the expense of injury to another human being.  And I also don't like giving my hard earned money to a company that treats its workers poorly.  I'm going to have to investigate that a bit.....but for now, I was pleased. 

Lord & Taylor & Nordstrom Rack were the next quickest, about 2-3 days followed by QVC, Talbots and Macy's.  Those packages arrived in 4-5 business days.  Yes, QVC, at least for me, seems to have picked up the pace and is back to normal.  I even got one of the items in 3 days!  I will say that I had a mispick from Nordstrom Rack, though.  I haven't had a mis-picked item from anyone else.  The return/reorder was easy - I just went to their store, in my neighborhood, 5 minutes away, and got the excellent service Nordstrom is known for - even in their Rack locations, it's "customer first".

Neiman Marcus and Last Call were not stellar.  I got them last week.  However, one item, a set of bed pillows from Last Call (these are for me, a favorite brand that is usually pretty expensive, but were only $40 for 2 standard size - these would normally be $180 for 2) still have not arrived.  They shipped from California, were ordered on 11/30 and are set to deliver on Tuesday - three weeks to arrive.  I've gotten updates through Fed-X ground every step of the way, but it's like the package spends two days in each state it goes through, in two different cities!  I feel like I've been on a tour of the US, as much time as I've spent tracking the item!

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Laugh 2

So Mom had asked me to basically find something I wanted via the Q (she's in her 90's and doesn't get out much so that is it for her right now).  I searched through pages of stuff, she wanted a smaller priced item.  A couple of kitchen gadgets I'd thought about - no way, no how.  Double for the same or similar items on Amazon.  Looked through jewelry - even for a set of everyday hoops.  Reviews were either bad or nothing appealed to me.  Finally I went through the clearance pages.  Either bad review or they had size 5 or initials (for some jewelry) like U and X left.  I did find one item by California Innovations that I could use - a tote bag with a bottom section for an oblong pan, then a top section that you could collapse or put stuff up there.  Would've been great for the many potlucks at work where I took in a pan of dip and then chips - one bad instead of schlepping in with 2 or 3.  (I've got a set of 4 market bags from CI, and they've held up well, even with my overloading them a lot)

So then while on the phone with Mom, found replacement socks for the ones at the Q that are now on clearance - on Amazon.  Looked nice, 900+reviews at 5 stars.  Guaranteed delivery to her by Tuesday evening.  

She just left me a message.  She called in the CI order to the Q.  Yeah delivery date of 12/26.  She was like what?  You said with credit card by 12/25.  Nope, not for all items.  Mom was like ok whatever.  Most of her stuff does arrive earlier than the date they quote her.  She was mildly po'd though and said maybe that's why you're having a hard time because other places delivery a lot quicker than the Q.  

Can't believe DV said that no one is delivering or guaranteeing delivery by 12/24 except the Q.  Is he dizzy from all the happy dances?  It was revealing reading through the kitchen gadgets reviews.  Of the items that they categorized on the home page for kitchen of gifs under $25, only 1 had a customer top rating.  One.  Four were best sellers.  It was at least 12 pages (maybe more).  

Just what will they do when their homebound seniors are no longer around?  Younger customers will go to B&M or to other websites, which there are more and more popping up all the time.  They don't sit and watch tv to shop, maybe once in a great while but not all the time.  Q, gurl, you in trouble.

• Like 13

2 hours ago, Fromwhereisit said:

Speaking of getting them tipsy and spilling some juice...

where are the insiders who leak info from the QVC Administration!?

Hellllloooo, insiders, wouldn't you like to come spend a little time with us? We have cookies! And we're all cute!

cats group of 7 kittens 1.jpg

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 9
  • Surprise 1

4 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Hellllloooo, insiders, wouldn't you like to come spend a little time with us? We have cookies! And we're all cute!

cats group of 7 kittens 1.jpg

Thoroughly enjoying the kittens, but am convinced that more than one QVC host would call then ki-ens.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 15

Today's TSV is not a sweatshirt.  It's too thin.

But they have XXXS!

I cannot stand the sleeves. 

Look, I understand Rachel Hollis is popular, but I would not buy this, especially for $40. 

(A-373192)

Edit:  The TSV is apparently going out the door, so what do I know?

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 3

I'm never going to go to bed.  The next RH item I will call The Referee.  Regular $70, on for $48.96!

A-374143

(Sorry, I ran out of image space and can't figure out how to ditch old ones to make room for new ones)

Next, A-374147, Jogger Pants with holes in them.  For $45 on sale.

I think I've figured it out; she's selling nostalgia to Generation X and early Millennials.

I'm Gen X.  A Grumpypants Gen X, apparently.

Will add Hollis is a motivational speaker, blogger, and author; one of the sayings on the TSV shirts is the title of one of her books (Girl, Wash Your Face).

• Like 5
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

This Rachel chick...never heard of her.  I did a quick search...her claim to fame is showing her stretch marks from a baby belly on social media???  Her husband is a studio exec???  Not sure if this is accurate, but I read something like that.  Oh great---more shirts with sayings on them.  She's a self-help guru...uh, okay. 

I haven't tuned into the Q in almost a week.  I guess I haven't missed much.

• Like 5
  • Laugh 3

9 minutes ago, Autumn Love said:

This Rachel chick...never heard of her.  I did a quick search...her claim to fame is showing her stretch marks from a baby belly on social media???  Her husband is a studio exec???  Not sure if this is accurate, but I read something like that.  Oh great---more shirts with sayings on them.  She's a self-help guru...uh, okay. 

I haven't tuned into the Q in almost a week.  I guess I haven't missed much.

Her husband was a Disney exec for 17 years; he's now the CEO of her company.  She does conferences, writes books and cookbooks, and designs fashion.  She's in her late 30s and they have 4 kids.

From what I understand, her line has been on QVC online only for a while (and popular) and this is her first time televised.

• Useful 5
  • Surprise 1

21 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Her husband was a Disney exec for 17 years; he's now the CEO of her company.  She does conferences, writes books and cookbooks, and designs fashion.  She's in her late 30s and they have 4 kids.

From what I understand, her line has been on QVC online only for a while (and popular) and this is her first time televised.

Thanks for info. 

Yep, I never heard of her or her background.  I've never seen anything on Q online either.  Oh well.  When I saw more shirts with sayings on them it made me cringe.  Someone make it stooooppp!!!

Maybe the Q will consider in this new year, 2020, to get rid of all cold shoulder tops AND all shirts with sayings on them.  PUHLEEZE??!!! 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 5

I haven’t had much trouble with shipping. With QVC i don’t worry about it. It gets here when it gets here. I wouldn’t order something I needed by a certain date , especially this time of year. Macy’s and Amazon and Orvis and others just seem to shoot them out. BUT just think of how many people now shop online rather than go to a store.  There must be jillions and jillions of packages being sent now. I think we should be happy and surprised when we get any especially if it is the right item! 

• Like 5

Well, QVC is aiming younger.....

36-year-old blogger (not that that's not a career these days, and not that a blogger can't be an expert in something....anyway)....36 year-old blogger Rachel Hollis -- author of the self-help book, "Girl, Wash Your Face," has a new clothing line on QVC, and the TSV today.

She was on with Courtney K, overnight. Here's one paraphrased exchange when selling a Moto jacket:

CK said something introducing the jacket.

RH: This jacket is great. I love this jacket. (feeling her arms) This is ponte, right?

CK: Oh, yes.

RH: See! I do know something about fabrics!

Are you kidding me? The person whose line it is, asking the host what the fabric is?! This is the person I'm supposed to trust to buy clothing from?

The line includes sweatshirts with embroidered phrases including: "Girl, wash your face," and "Bless your heart," "Hustle is my love language," "Made for more" and "Y'all." (because she's from Oklahoma.")

So what is that?..... the younger version of Peace, Love, World?

OMG she just said again: I don't know the fabrication and what it's made of. Courtney read off her card it's X% polyester, y% cotton.

RH: I just love the way it feels.

--------------

QVC continues to lower the bar. Amazing. But then again is that any different from so many other things in life these days.

Edited by selhars
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 4

so MVYV the TSV from Rachel H is hardly inspired a french terry leopard top for 39$,  I love an animal print top as much as anyone, but reality check Q 

is her Amazon shopping demo going for this ?  tops like that are all over under 20-25 

who is the target for this,  CaroGranny ? for their grandkids I guess 

not for nothing if you can parlay bloging into making a ton of money that is great  so I am not knocking her at all, 

• Like 2

Woke up to this Hollis woman a few times overnight (that's when the Q spends time on my TV).  She invoked the name of Jesus more times than I can count.  Not in a negative way, but I could see that as an irritation or more to some.  Hell, it irritated me and I don't consider myself particularly religious.  I'll just say that if people were bothered by the host that was fired, the one you all compared to Emeril, they're not likely going to be in love with this vendor so much either.  Similar affect imo.  Her items seem on the lower side of overpriced, if the 'sale' prices stick.  If they return to MSRP, forget it.

• Like 2

Not surprisingly, Kerstin and Rachel Hollis have become BFFs....

From an article about her:

The internet has given rise in the last few years to a phenomenon I’ve come to call “curated imperfection,” and Hollis is one of its reigning doyens. To her Instagram following of more than 825,000, Hollis regularly posts inspirational quotes from her own writing (“You were not made to be small”), selfies in which she is not looking at the camera but is holding her book up to the camera, and photos with her husband reminding you to subscribe to her podcast or check out their marriage conference (which she calls a “getaway weekend” and cost $1,795 per couple for two days in September, hotel not included, no refunds).

Hollis “vowed to be authentic and sincere” in her online life, which is why, she writes, “for every gloriously styled cupcake picture we produced, I shared a photo of myself with facial paralysis.” (She at one point suffered from stress-related Bell’s palsy.) In the book’s first chapter, Hollis describes getting dressed up and attending the Oscars with her then-Disney executive husband. “In these instances, photos show up on Instagram and Facebook of us looking well coiffed and ultra glam, and the internet goes wild.”

QVC has become home to the Wives of Hollywood???

• Like 1
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 4

interesting that R Hollis is leaving Kerstin to sell her TSV alone,

don't you think she like all the other vendors should be out there selling her stuff with her "hustle" . not cool 

Bob Mackie can do it  

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

36 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

interesting that R Hollis is leaving Kerstin to sell her TSV alone,

don't you think she like all the other vendors should be out there selling her stuff with her "hustle" . not cool 

Bob Mackie can do it  

I don't think she appeared with Leah at 7:00 a.m., either.

Like you said, other vendors can do it, why not her? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I don't think she appeared with Leah at 7:00 a.m., either.

Like you said, other vendors can do it, why not her? 

During her midnight show she mentioned she was under the weather.  That may have something to do with it.

• Useful 4

1 hour ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Not surprisingly, Kerstin and Rachel Hollis have become BFFs....

From an article about her:

The internet has given rise in the last few years to a phenomenon I’ve come to call “curated imperfection,” and Hollis is one of its reigning doyens. To her Instagram following of more than 825,000, Hollis regularly posts inspirational quotes from her own writing (“You were not made to be small”), selfies in which she is not looking at the camera but is holding her book up to the camera, and photos with her husband reminding you to subscribe to her podcast or check out their marriage conference (which she calls a “getaway weekend” and cost $1,795 per couple for two days in September, hotel not included, no refunds).

Hollis “vowed to be authentic and sincere” in her online life, which is why, she writes, “for every gloriously styled cupcake picture we produced, I shared a photo of myself with facial paralysis.” (She at one point suffered from stress-related Bell’s palsy.) In the book’s first chapter, Hollis describes getting dressed up and attending the Oscars with her then-Disney executive husband. “In these instances, photos show up on Instagram and Facebook of us looking well coiffed and ultra glam, and the internet goes wild.”

QVC has become home to the Wives of Hollywood???

What phony-baloney:  “In these instances, photos show up on Instagram and Facebook of us looking well coiffed and ultra glam, and the internet goes wild.” 

Pictures don't just "show up" all over the internet on social media.......people's publicists or they themselves put them out there.

• Like 8

Programming Notes:  There's a Women With Control TSV on December 27th.

Wiggle and Jiggle your way into the New Year!  And who's hosting? JANE!

She's also hosting the Breezies TSV the next day.  I hope her daughters are bracing themselves for what she might say.

• Laugh 9

Just read on Killinger's FB that Courtney K is going to have a new show on Saturday evenings in 2020 called "Dare To Share Style".  Supposedly,  a "sister" or "companion" show to Shawn's "Dare to Share Beauty".

The hits keep on coming, huh?

• Like 2
  • Laugh 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, letusprocrastinate said:

During her midnight show she mentioned she was under the weather.  That may have something to do with it.

rolls back comment,

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Autumn Love said:

Maybe the Q will consider in this new year, 2020, to get rid of all cold shoulder tops AND all shirts with sayings on them.  PUHLEEZE??!!! 

Here come the cold shoulder tops with sayings on them!

(I hope this sarcastic comment is not a prophecy.)

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4
  • Surprise 1

2 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Programming Notes:  There's a Women With Control TSV on December 27th.

Wiggle and Jiggle your way into the New Year!  And who's hosting? JANE!

She's also hosting the Breezies TSV the next day.  I hope her daughters are bracing themselves for what she might say.

I cannot fathom how those daughters could be ballerinas as they look as hippy as their hippo mother.  She posts so many pics of the three of them together so this is very noticeable.  Whatever careers they have will be very short-lived and they are doomed to painful foot issues at an early age if not already.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, rosethorn said:

I cannot fathom how those daughters could be ballerinas as they look as hippy as their hippo mother.  She posts so many pics of the three of them together so this is very noticeable.  Whatever careers they have will be very short-lived and they are doomed to painful foot issues at an early age if not already.

IIRC, I believe I heard Jane tell viewers that youngest was make-up blogger

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

1 hour ago, Etherbunny said:

IIRC, I believe I heard Jane tell viewers that youngest was make-up blogger

just what the world needs...another vapid, spoiled good-for-nothing 

• Like 3

On 12/15/2019 at 11:28 AM, LGGirl said:

I'd love to ask Susan Graver how she has the nerve to sell pants with the label sewn in the front rather than the back.  For someone who brags about her pant-making expertise, this is unexcusable.  Just as bad....the pants I returned because the waistband is not double sewn; hence will roll badly!

• Like 1
  • Surprise 1

3 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Just read on Killinger's FB that Courtney K is going to have a new show on Saturday evenings in 2020 called "Dare To Share Style".  Supposedly,  a "sister" or "companion" show to Shawn's "Dare to Share Beauty".

The hits keep on coming, huh?

Uh oh. Will we see size 2 Courtney without spanx?

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Good grief, QVC!

Don't put a white v-neck t-shirt in front of a black v-neck t-shirt so we can see how thin the material is for something you want us to shell out $29 for!

OK, the problem got fixed right quick by putting another shirt in front on the rack.

(A-354045)

Edit:  The model wearing the white shirt is wearing dark jeans, so they didn't entirely solve the problem.

Edited by letusprocrastinate · Reason: English teachers everywhere are staring virtual daggers at me
  • Like 4

If I want a t shirt with a saying, there are plenty available for less than $40 (ok $39 but plus tax etc).  What I saw is a couple of words, not funny or witty.  I've got several from Zulily that I found funny (surely not everyone was kung fu fighting, excuse me exactly what level of hell is this  - among others).  I will wear on the weekends just bumming around or maybe to the grocery.  This chick acts like they're precious, divined from above.  No, they're just a t shirt with one of your (supposed) clever or inspirational sayings.  Pass.

Well, the socks showed up at Mom's door today.  I ordered yesterday from Amazon.  I'm sure there are other retailers doing the same, all except the Q.  Q had better find it's lane fast.  Everyone is evolving and growing, but we get "new" shows that are lame, the same old products, or new ones that have a shelf life of maybe this year (like this TSV - I think this chick will be hot a year or two, then she's yesterday's news).  

I looked and my air fryer is magically now being shipped to me.  Along with the deep hair cleanser I ordered from the former Ojon guy.  Yeah, he creeps me out but that Ojon shampoo really worked when my scalp would get super itchy and scaly.  Scalp is trending that way again,  no Ojon except for big, big bucks (pass on that), so I ordered his new shampoo and a 1 to 2 times a week deep cleanser.  Same time, 1 checkout.  Yeah I got the shampoo in a box too large for one bottle, filled with crumpled up paper.  The deep cleanser, coming in a few days.  They need to review their distribution system STAT.   Plus, their website is horrible.  

The new Q formula seems to be, two hosts aren't bringing in the mega bucks, so let's throw three hosts together!  It'll be like a party (except it isn't - just more fakery), people will love it.  Nope.  I loathe their special shows/parties.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, rosethorn said:

Bought two pairs of velvet pants from her some years ago and thought OMG these have a weird fit when I first tried them on.  Took them off, ready to return when something told me to check carefully and try them on what I thought would be backwards and then they fit fine.  All because label was sewn into the front rather than the back.  Very shoddy as is the poorly sewn waistbands on most if not all of her pants.

I gave in and ordered a pair of her milano knit pants recently and returned them due to the poorly sewn waistband that would be sure to roll as the elastic was not double stitched.

Edited by rosethorn · Reason: duplicate post
  • Surprise 1

Guess Rachel Hollis couldn’t wash her face and suck it up? I hate those boss babes and their mlm lifestyle. Girl, go away and take your poly blend with you. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4

image.thumb.png.31c32b52013b7bbb4ec0703a41004dee.png

Selling a reversible NFL vest with only two weeks left in the regular season is a special kind of stupidity that only the Q can manage

• Like 7
  • Laugh 6

1 hour ago, hoosier80 said:

The new Q formula seems to be, two hosts aren't bringing in the mega bucks, so let's throw three hosts together!  It'll be like a party (except it isn't - just more fakery), people will love it.  Nope.  I loathe their special shows/parties.  

Sooooo true!  With every change, the Q moves further away from a formula that worked, yet refuses to fix the non-working elements that are deal-breakers (slow shipping, high shipping costs, non-competitive prices).

The formula that worked -- the thing that caught me, and probably many of you, as I was channel-surfing 25 years ago -- was a fast-paced lineup of diverse, interesting items being presented live by a pleasant host who was talking to me. I wasn't a third wheel watching two hyped-up gigglers try to outtalk each other.  There was just one host whose sole focus was me, the viewer, who needed to know everything possible about this product before spending my precious money. And I spent a lot.

True inventors or creators of products occasionally appeared, but such appearances were so rare that it seemed special. 

QVC once was interesting enough to keep on as "company." Today it's so repetitive and hyper that it's like leaving a Sham-Wow commercial on a continuous loop all day. Who does that?  I'm not buying because I no longer enjoy watching.

• Like 17
  • Useful 1