Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

35 minutes ago, selhars said:

Did I miss it, or is there NOT going to be a Honora (pearl) jewelry TSV this year?

There's been talk of the Affinity TSV coming...the one QVC is waiting waaaay to close to Christmas to really be a good option for many people. (SMH)

I can't be the only one who actually looked forward to a Honora TSV at holiday time. I aways thought the Honora holiday gift TSV singular item, or their sets, sold well.

was on over the weekend with set of 4 earrings boxed indiv 

and that Affinity TSV so close to Christmas is a joke they should do that last wekk, but have to push the ear puds/pods radios etc

• Like 1

My local big grocery store inexplicably had closeout prices on a ton of holiday decor items when I went there yesterday. I reported here a few weeks ago that I got a 27 oz. novelty holiday mug, which was way better than the Temp-Tations ones QVC had as a TSV recently @ 4 for $29.99 + shipping, for $7.99. I had gone back to pick up a few more. A sign said they were down to $6 and change, but they rang up at $3.99, which was even better. Similarly, they had small fake candle lanterns—QVC sells similar ones for well over $20. These were marked at $9.99, I think, which was a deal to me, and then at the register it rang up at $5.99. Going back tomorrow to indulge my love for dopey holiday junk and laugh and laugh at all the money QVC hasn’t been and never again will get from me, which they lost entirely because they are completely inept at building a solid, dependable web site and at responding to specific and repeated requests to fix it (they still haven’t). Wheeeeeeee!

• Like 5
  • Laugh 5

7 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Exactly why I haven't jumped into this product segment - they aren't ready.

couple-says-stranger-hacked-into-bedroom-ring-security-camera-set-up-to-watch-puppy

p.s.:  I'm aware of other security vulnerabilities in my home, I'm talking about this right now.

There was a similar story on NBC News last night. Someone had hacked into a Ring camera in a little girl's bedroom. He was talking to her, saying he was Santa Claus, will you be my friend ? Very scary. Ring responded the same way as in the story above. Not their fault, data wasn't stolen, customers should use stronger passwords, etc. I can see the use for these cameras for security, etc. but if they can be hacked this easily, forget about it. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Benji said:

There was a similar story on NBC News last night. Someone had hacked into a Ring camera in a little girl's bedroom. He was talking to her, saying he was Santa Claus, will you be my friend ? Very scary. Ring responded the same way as in the story above. Not their fault, data wasn't stolen, customers should use stronger passwords, etc. I can see the use for these cameras for security, etc. but if they can be hacked this easily, forget about it. 

it is scary but , not denying there are many reasons that it could happen, but to me one more reason to keep your kids off your SM 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, hummingbird said:

was on over the weekend with set of 4 earrings boxed indiv 

Dang it! Was it on a lot? (compared to how much they pushed that damned Halo, or throws, or Bose)

I'm bummed, but .... oh well....

46 minutes ago, selhars said:

Dang it! Was it on a lot? (compared to how much they pushed that damned Halo, or throws, or Bose)

I'm bummed, but .... oh well....

it's still available online and you can see the presentation there, as well.  Two colorways have sold out but there are plenty more.....

https://www.qvc.com/Honora-Cultured-Pearl-Set-of-4-9mm-Boxed-Stainless-Steel-Stud-Earrings.product.J363344.html?sc=SRCH

• Like 1

On 12/11/2019 at 2:39 PM, Thumper said:

Had Q on while I put together a crockpot meal for dinner.  I don't usually watch the "pot pourri of products" shows, but it was on for background.  Dr. Denese was on, with Carolyn.  I wonder how Dr. Denese's sales are, now that a certain former host is no longer there?  Certain Former Host did a GREAT job selling Dr. D's stuff!

Saw the 30 minute infomercial 6 months ago and nameless was replaced by Elle MacPherson.

Amaranth Seed Oil is the new magic youth restoring ingredient.

I'm young again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOLOLOL 😀

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3

Diana Urbine is selling Rowenta battery operated lint and pill removers that shear off the pill, when several years ago she only manually Gleened garments which was the safest way to go.

(I have one of the old gleeners and it works fine.)

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Diana Urbine is selling Rowenta battery operated lint and pill removers that shear off the pill, when several years ago she only manually Gleened garments which was the safest way to go.

(I have one of the old gleeners and it works fine.)

not one of my favorite product reps 

2 hours ago, selhars said:

Today's TSV -- yet another $350 hair dryer?

Really?

sells only b/c of easy pay

not couponable most places 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Does anyone else here gleen? I find it actually works around the armholes and sleeves of many sweaters.

As of last year, I do.  I must admit, I was scared at first, but I think it does a better job - and more quickly - than the electric kind.  Plus, you don't have to worry about batteries corroding in the electric one - due to non-use- which would happen to me from time to time.....

• Like 3

41tVMuhXCpL._AC_SY400_ML1_.jpg.2722559f7e936e0b759beeb7fdc647ec.jpgThis is a Gleener kit that was a big Q thing for several years.  You run it over garments to remove lint balls and pilling.  No blades or batteries....just a fuzz ball collector!

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

41tVMuhXCpL._AC_SY400_ML1_.jpg.2722559f7e936e0b759beeb7fdc647ec.jpgThis is a Gleener kit that was a big Q thing for several years.  You run it over garments to remove lint balls and pilling.  No blades or batteries....just a fuzz ball collector!

Thank you! How have I missed this? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fromwhereisit said:

Thank you! How have I missed this? 

Amazon's got it now!  They even have a nice pocket sized version, which I just ordered when I saw it!  Just search "The Gleener"

Lord knows one can never have too many of these things!!  LOL!

image.png.29bfede3360ded0642d481f060392a96.png

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

3 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

As of last year, I do.  I must admit, I was scared at first, but I think it does a better job - and more quickly - than the electric kind.  Plus, you don't have to worry about batteries corroding in the electric one - due to non-use- which would happen to me from time to time.....

hey just a minute if you ordered the battery storage case you wouldn't have to worry about that 😉

• Laugh 8

9 hours ago, selhars said:

Today's TSV -- yet another $350 hair dryer?

Really?

I mean, really?  Don’t all blow dryers basically blow hot air to dry your hair?  What does a $400 dryer do differently?  I got a really nice one with two attachments for $29.95 at Ulta.  Works great. 

Edited by KLovestoShop
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, KLovestoShop said:

I mean, really?  Don’t all blow dryers basically blow hot air to dry your hair?  What does a $400 dryer do differently?  I got a really nice one with two attachments for $29.95 at Ulta.  Works great. 

But... but... the $400 dryer is magic. It dries your hair ever so gently, conditions your hair, volumizes your hair, styles your hair, and changes your life!

(It changes your wallet too. Makes it a lot thinner.)

• Like 1
  • Laugh 11

17 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

But... but... the $400 dryer is magic. It dries your hair ever so gently, conditions your hair, volumizes your hair, styles your hair, and changes your life!

Philosophy and Josie Maran claim to be life changers too!! 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 3
  • Surprise 1

2 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

And—this is a paraphrase of the OAP from 45 mins ago or so—when you use the million-dollar dryer, you can show up to your kid’s crack o’ dawn soccer games without having the other moms get judgy. WTF?!?!

In other Q news, I got a postcard from the Q today offering me a $10 off any purchase coupon code. Went right in the recycle bin. In addition to the fact that their inept customer service/tech “skills” drove me away for good, the $5 off coupon code they mailed me a few months ago was rejected as invalid when I tried to use it. Shocking, I know. They’re normally so competent.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 4

Well, I found the elusive QVC jewelry shows. I was just looking at the program guide, and saw that QVC2 had six jewelry shows today. Rick, Nancy and Mary did some of the shows. (Others didn't show a host, just said Jewelry Gifts.)

Now isn't that just so-o-o-o-o smart of QVC to hide the jewelry gift shows on their minor league channel? I guess they'd rather all the viewers stick to the main channel and buy $400 hair dryers and a zillion fuzzy throws.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 2

5 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

The dryer has some great features such as light weight 

you can operate with one hand while adjusting temperature and speed 

easy to attach the nozzles 

Does Dry much quicker which if u have a lot of hair makes a difference , and quiet 

but my hair doesn’t come out any smoother 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

It’s interesting how the before pictures for the Dyson hair dryer say the hair was “wet with water spray bottle”

I know the Dyson dries the hair quicker, but isn’t wetting the hair with a spray bottle cheating a little?

• Like 3
  • Useful 5

HSN has a Bose TSV today...and QVC has a Bose TSV Sunday night at midnight. After having one just last week, I think.

So three Bose TSVs in less than two weeks? It sure seems that way. But that can't be even close to right....could it?

Edited by selhars
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 3

18 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Looks like an elongated version of the Starship Enterprise!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 12

7 hours ago, selhars said:

HSN has a Bose TSV today...and QVC has a Bose TSV Sunday night at midnight. After having one just last week, I think.

So three Bose TSVs in less than two weeks? It sure seems that way. But that can't be even close to right....could it?

that seems right to me

but dumb

• Like 2

Q's BOSE TSVs were the headphones, CD/Radio and now the speaker.  Give your loved ones a complete BOSE Christmas! 

Pretty obvious their buying power combined with HSN allows them to get a great price from the manufacturer. 

I'd expect more of this going forward. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Q's BOSE TSVs were the headphones, CD/Radio and now the speaker.  Give your loved ones a complete BOSE Christmas! 

Pretty obvious their buying power combined with HSN allows them to get a great price from the manufacturer. 

I'd expect more of this going forward. 

QH's buying power any bigger than any other online businesses?

• Like 1

I think Q and HSN get good prices from electronics manufacturers because they're willing to buy slightly outdated technology. Last year's models.

• Like 7

14 hours ago, JasminePhyllisia said:

Is it just me or do they get carried away with the hair product before and after pictures?  This is from the Dyson TSV

IMG_7349 (1).jpg

These pictures don't prove that the Dyson is any better than others, and she has a lot of frizz in the after. They need to show two afters, one styled with an under $40 dryer from Walmart, CVS, or Target, both by the same stylist using the same techniques.

• Like 12
  • Useful 1

At 7:10 ET....Jane and Kari -- selling Barefoot Dreams TSV -- just went on and on about how your order will get to you by Christmas. How you can trust QVC because it has such great shipping. How you should not be afraid you won't get your order by Christmas. And how QVC has such great shipping. Kari just said QVC is the only retailer she trusts to get her order to her on time, especially at this tie of year.

I'm so sick of QVC acting like all hosts have to do is respond to viewer complaints on air and that makes everything OK. That's insulting.

• Like 10

19 hours ago, JasminePhyllisia said:

Is it just me or do they get carried away with the hair product before and after pictures?  This is from the Dyson TSV

IMG_7349 (1).jpg

That woman is a hair model - they hire/book her specifically when they have some crap

do-hickey contraption, exotic ingredient hair product to sell.

She has gorgeous hair, which is hereditary. 

She could always make it look bad, a la the before, but as long as she doesn't brush it with a chainsaw - it is gonna look pretty good,

• Like 8
  • Useful 2

They can kiss my fat butt re: getting stuff to you by Christmas.  Mom said oh she'd really have liked the small 'oven' that was on as a TSV the other day, but she has so many appliances.  I asked which oven (saw a Cuisinart online and the XL air fryer).  She wanted the air fryer, thought the small shelves and door would be easier for her than the egg shaped one (which has worked ok).  I check and it's still at the black Friday price. (So much for you'd better get it now! Colors are becoming limited!!)  I ordered one for her and one for me (different colors) as the design is much better than the egg shaped one.  I got hers delivered on Friday, the one for me is backordered.  WTH?  I only ordered what was available.  They'd better make it right for me, or I'm done with them for good.  

The TSV today, a cardigan for UNDER $70 ($69 and change).  Give me a break.  I found some nice cardigans at Kohl's on sale (which are now just about sold out) for around $22 each.  Granted it did not have a hood, but I didn't need a hood.  Just something to wear when it's chilly or at work when the temperature is at artic blast.  

Checked for Mom to see the wool socks they've offered for years (Catawba?).  Yeah they're on clearance with just one color set which she didn't want.  Those would sell out every Christmas because I'd have to tell her what was available every year.  One thing my finicky brother would like.  They're pushing another more expensive sock line.  Yeah, pass.  I should check on Amazon for her.  

• Like 6

So...I was just looking to spend money....and went to both HSN and QVC 's clearance pages looking for business casual pants, loose fit cards style jackets, or tops.

I know clearance means the dregs and the leftovers, but....three things I noticed: there was hardly anything that appealed to me in the styles I'd wear (or was appropriate) .....what little there was, was not in my plus size......and certainly not at prices that I think are TRULY clearance.

I can get business casual pants for 16.00 or less at Marshall's And any number of other places (which I can try on and know they fit before I buy), so QVC/HSN pants for $26.00-and-up PLUS S&H don't seem so clearance priced to me.

But that's OK I'll keep my money for another retailer. Your loss Qurate.

Edited by selhars
  • Like 8

I generally like Dan (won't call him Humblebragger anymore) but his script now for the bose over the ear head phones is putting down the earbuds, and when they sell the earbuds they put down the over the ear things

wonder if they get some kind of internal honesty check ,  and it's not just Dan 

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

I generally like Dan (won't call him Humblebragger anymore) but his script now for the bose over the ear head phones is putting down the earbuds, and when they sell the earbuds they put down the over the ear things

wonder if they get some kind of internal honesty check ,  and it's not just Dan 

Yes.  You can highlight advantages of a given product without denigrating another, especially when you promote both.  "There's a market for both, perhaps this will work better for x-y-z reasons."  It is sort of insane that they constantly do this.  It shows laziness, and indicates that these are not so much salespeople, as they are product demonstrators.  True, professional salespeople don't use these tactics.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 10

Those Bose speakers are a good price.  It’s nice that you can link them together.  My hubby would like them but we’ve spent enough already for Christmas. 

• Like 4

More and more I see that hosts are addressing the issues and complaints we discuss here (happenstance?)

Minutes ago David said people wonder why/how a TSV (the Keurig)gets to have "an encore presentation on air" or be on for more than one day. "Did it not sell when it was on before?" He said, "of course not" we're just giving you another chance at the great price in case you missed it.

Yeah, right.

Before that he'd sold more than 25K Lock N Lock in about 10 minutes.

• Like 4

I'm just done with QVC.  Haven't ordered anything in ages. Nothing peaks my interest.  SICK to death of all the hosts sales pitches.  Only good thing is this forum and occasionally there is a nice little thread on theirs.  Otherwise, my twenty year addiction is over.  

• Like 10

Yet another OAP just said: "I can't any place to get my things delivered by Christmas "other than QVC, seems like." And David added, "unless you pay some extra high price."

Are they serious??? I'm amazed....

• Like 5
  • Laugh 6
  • Surprise 2

I normally don't mind David that much, but today paid attention to the carefully  choreographed  steps in his act posters have mentioned:

Check the monitor

Shovel Food into mouth

Googly Eyes! Googly Eyes! Roll those Googly Eyes!

Say "Hoo Boy or Hot Damn" or some acceptable equivalent followed by "This is the best I've ever had!"

Dance.

Dance Monkey Boy, Dance.

I'm sure he is looking forward to this upcoming vacation. 

• Like 7
  • Laugh 7

16 minutes ago, selhars said:

More and more I see that hosts are addressing the issues and complaints we discuss here (happenstance?)

Minutes ago David said people wonder why/how a TSV (the Keurig)gets to have "an encore presentation on air" or be on for more than one day. "Did it not sell when it was on before?" He said, "of course not" we're just giving you another chance at the great price in case you missed it.

Yeah, right.

Before that he'd sold more than 25K Lock N Lock in about 10 minutes.

They're complaining a lot elsewhere too.  Slow shipping, if items show up at all, repetitive products, TSVs that last for days, annoying show titles and host/OAP shticks, etc.  I'm sure the CS reps are hearing it too.

If Q/HSN, ShopHQ, and the like didn't have people reading websites and social media, including their own forums, they'd be crazy.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, selhars said:

Yet another OAP just said: "I can't any place to get my things delivered by Christmas "other than QVC, seems like." And David added, "unless you pay some extra high price."

Are they serious??? I'm amazed....

Hmm, I ordered something from Macy's (well 5 things, all shipping separately) and within an hour I got an email telling me my product had shipped.

When I was at Eddie Bauer, I asked the clerk about the different shipping they seem to do. He said they like to ship from a store over the warehouse because customers get their orders faster. I usually get stuff from EB within 2-3 days.

• Like 8

Ordered two things from QVC over a week ago. Both shipped on 12/8!!!  Stilll not here . . . Maybe Mon or Tues!! SMH!!! Just ordered something on Fri. Estimated delivery 12/26!!  It's a big joke!!!!!

• Like 5
  • Surprise 4

This is where B&M stores have an advantage.   If I order from Macy’s I too am emailed it shipped within 3 or 4 hours.

Often from the Herald Square store. They tell you if its in stock there.  You couldn't pay me to go into that store now.

I'd rather have brunch with Susan Graver and Jane Tracey.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 11