Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

4 hours ago, selhars said:

I can'r believe that in the heart of holiday gift buying push -- Wen -- a frigging shampoo --is a TSV!  OK. I know, I know, it's not a shampoo is a hair "conditioning and nourishing system." Whatever it is.... they sell it throughout the year --AND just sold gallons of it in June!! 

Incredible.

This.  Oh, for Christmas gifts, I will buy an expensive TV, Bose, or ... shampoo????

Another zzzzzzzzzzz day.

• Laugh 1

5 hours ago, Somebody Stop Me said:

Ho ho ho, 'tis the season of "GET YOURS NOW, IT'S THE LAST ORDER OF THE YEEEEAR!!!!!" That's always such a dumb scare tactic. In December, however...oyyyyy.

I laugh every time I hear that.  Right after I get done yelling at the TV:  It's December, ya stoopid MFers!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 9

5 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

What do they have to lose?

A fair bit if she remains a polarizing figure, and doesn't understand the ramifications of Instagram posts like this, done at the height of the college admissions scandal.  I seriously doubt that she has matured, or begins to understand the impact of her actions.  ymmv

olivia jade flipping off the camera.png

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2

48 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

A fair bit if she remains a polarizing figure, and doesn't understand the ramifications of Instagram posts like this, done at the height of the college admissions scandal.  I seriously doubt that she has matured, or begins to understand the impact of her actions.  ymmv

olivia jade flipping off the camera.png

Agree, it would be a bad idea for QVC to get involved with Olivia Jade. To use an old term, she is "box office poison." She and her sister will probably have to testify at their parents' trial, and that will bring more bad publicity.

On the other hand, if QVC wants someone who can be more "mad cool" than Shawn, Olivia is their girl. Shawn is old enough to be Olivia's mother. She'd look ridiculous in comparison. Oh wait, Shawn already looks ridiculous.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 3

58 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Well, Lisa Rinna, who is also old enough to be Olivia Jade's mother, has posted online making fun of overweight people and mockingly wondering what all those people walking around with black smudges on their foreheads were doing (it was Ash Wednesday).  Q still keeps her around.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

I doubt Olivia Jade's "antics" would turn off members of QVC's current demo(s) -- because I don't think most of them know who she is. Heck they may not even recall Lori Laughlin, let alone her daughter.

And many, if not most, of those who do follow her don't care. They won't be turned off.

I'd rather they reach out to Bella and Gigi Hadid...or -- heaven help me -- the Jenner girls. But I can't honestly say I think Olivia Jade would be a bad move. She'd just be my last choice.

Edited by selhars

I'm not necessarily endorsing Olivia,  but she came immediately to mind as someone who has something Q wants and doesn't have: lots of young potential buyers.

And Q was home to the Kardashians so maybe they shouldn't be all holier than thou.

• Like 2

If I saw any of one those useless celebritants on air I would never watch again and would never give them another cent of my money.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2

18 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Lori Loughlin's daughter Olivia Jade just returned to YouTube following a 9 month absence.

Despite her notoriety, her following remains huge, with 1.3 million Instagram followers and 2 million YouTube subscribers.  No QVC host could ever accomplish that.  Not all the hosts combined......

All she has to do is tell her followers how terrific IT cosmetics or Josie Maran is, and QVC would recoup multifold whatever they have to pay her and they've reached a new demographic almost effortlessly.

Her little scandal?  Shouldn't be a big deal as there are no charges against her.

I agree with you about the role a good influencer can play in any brand!  However, I have seen more than a handful of commentaries regarding Olivia Jade's role in this and, more importantly, how the likelihood of her being charged should her parents continue to plead not guilty, goes up exponentially every day her parents resist pleading this out.  No matter how small a role Olivia Jade played in the whole mess (posing for one of the "fake" pictures), she may be used as a means to put the pressure on her parents. 

I'm not making a value judgement here about whether what occurred was right or wrong, just stating that she's not in the clear yet.  Followers are one thing - she's got to have brands that don't see her as damaged goods, though.

Frankly, this young woman could have taught a class on marketing at any college and hardly needed a college education!  She was pulling in at least a million dollars a year before this happened. 

• Like 3
  • Surprise 2

4 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

She was pulling in at least a million dollars a year before this happened. 

And yet her parents (mom) allegedly did what they're accused of. Incredible.

-------

A Keuring TSV. And they're featuring Levis, a Dyson, a mixer, Bose headphones. And Dr. Denese? Is that not "been there done that?" Qurate must get a BIG cut of those sales.

How new and different. Not!   It's like their in a time tunnel time/warp and can't get out! Once again.....incredible. (and not in a good way)

Edited by selhars
  • Like 3

Don't tell Jane, but over in liquidation auctions land there are 18 auctions underway containing 50 pallets of shoes, boots, and sandals, retail value totaling nearly $671,000.  Yep, it's an all-footwear auction page.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 2

1 hour ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Don't tell Jane, but over in liquidation auctions land there are 18 auctions underway containing 50 pallets of shoes, boots, and sandals, retail value totaling nearly $671,000.  Yep, it's an all-footwear auction page.

I guess we now know the hosts don’t actually own 15 of every product otherwise there wouldn’t be anything leftover to pallet. 
I wish I knew the cost of shipping. I’d love to bid on one to see what would show up at my door. And does it come on an actual pallet?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

I guess we now know the hosts don’t actually own 15 of every product otherwise there wouldn’t be anything leftover to pallet. 
I wish I knew the cost of shipping. I’d love to bid on one to see what would show up at my door. And does it come on an actual pallet?

They show shipping costs if you've registered with them; otherwise they just say it's based on weight and where you live.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

My kids are in the Q demographic.  They loved Lori L because of Full House.   Now not so much.  They feel the same way about her daughter.  She cheated the system. They know it.  They would never follow her let alone care what she has to say.   I don’t think they are alone.  

The Kardasians are another story. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 2

It may sound silly to ask:" Is David just making up his recipes?" -- because every recipe is "made up" by someone. So, I'll ask does it seem to you like David is just throwing any old food combo together and coming up with a recipe for some odd food combinations?

I ask because I don't think I'd be bragging about a pistachio cookie with a maraschino cherry inside. To my palate's way of tasting, I don't think I'd like that at all....a jarred syruppy maraschino cherry inside a pistachio cookie? That's a mighty strange food taste combo...IMHO. Actually it sounds kind of nasty to me. But we all have our taste/texture differences....

• Like 4
  • Laugh 1

3 hours ago, selhars said:

It may sound silly to ask:" Is David just making up his recipes?" -- because every recipe is "made up" by someone. So, I'll ask does it seem to you like David is just throwing any old food combo together and coming up with a recipe for some odd food combinations?

I ask because I don't think I'd be bragging about a pistachio cookie with a maraschino cherry inside. To my palate's way of tasting, I don't think I'd like that at all....a jarred syruppy maraschino cherry inside a pistachio cookie? That's a mighty strange food taste combo...IMHO. Actually it sounds kind of nasty to me. But we all have our taste/texture differences....

I doubt he makes them up. I would guess some staff member peruses Pinterest and sends him a few recipes as suggestions. It's easy to make a minor modification to a recipe and call it your own.😉 I don't love maraschino cherries but the red  cherry and green pistachios would look Christmassy. 

As for the Aunt Becky scandal, she needs to fess up and show her kids she regrets trying to cheat the system. Right now, she is behaving like she still believes she can get away with it and she probably will. What a terrible thing to teach kids!

• Like 6

5 hours ago, potatochips said:

As for the Aunt Becky scandal, she needs to fess up and show her kids she regrets trying to cheat the system. Right now, she is behaving like she still believes she can get away with it and she probably will. What a terrible thing to teach kids!

Thank you.  Exactly how I feel.

The only other thing I feel about it is what I posted before.  This young woman already had a head for marketing, so much so she could have taught the college level class on it.  From what I've read, she didn't even want to go to college.  Why force the issue - literally - by cheating your way in?  By depriving someone else, someone who really wanted to be there, the slot to get in? 

• Like 4

Aunt Becky (Lori Loughlin's TV persona) is fighting this thing all the way to and through trial.

Her next television appearance may be Divorce Court.   I've read that she wanted to plead several times, particularly after the light sentence Felicity got.

However, Mossimo talked her out of it and convinced her to stand by him through the trial.

• Useful 5

LL and her hubby will be found guilty if they go to trial.  Her daughter will lose her following because the scandal will be rehashed in court and brought to the forefront again.  

Felicity Huffman did the right thing.   Plead guilty, paid her dues, and moved on. 

• Like 4

Martha Stewart did the same and she is still adored and, basically, worshiped on the Q and elsewhere!  Talk about redeeming yourself!?

• Like 3

Well, I was just watching David and the Halo Bolt TSV (again), and I was like yeah that wouldn't be a bad idea...…......but let me check Amazon first.

One was cheaper, but no 3 prong plug where you could plug in a small fan (I remember one HOT, HOT, HOT weekend with no electric and even to go to a nearby store, provided they had power, to get a huge iced drink meant waiting in line for 30 to 40 minutes - headache that wouldn't leave).  I searched some more, and voila, looks like the same or very, very similar model.  Regular price $119.  I found a color with a $30 coupon, beating the TSV by $10, and free shipping/handling.  Not getting super speedy delivery (a week it said) but for a $30 off no problem.

The Q kills me that they think they're the only game in town vs the 'big box stores'.  No, they're not and that is the problem they are facing.

Agree that having a few reputable influencers mention that they found this cute sweater or boot at the Q would be a way to get the Q trending with the younger set.  Not Olivia Jade or that ilk though.

• Like 3

What is the big deal about these tsv facial towels? It doesn't even say they are microfiber. Campanelli used to make them, think they w ere highly rated, but these don't seem to do anything a regular wet towel would do. Am i missing something? Every time i flip onto the q today, practically every time, it is those towels. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, seasons said:

What is the big deal about these tsv facial towels? It doesn't even say they are microfiber. Campanelli used to make them, think they w ere highly rated, but these don't seem to do anything a regular wet towel would do. Am i missing something? Every time i flip onto the q today, practically every time, it is those towels. 

I wonder that too. If I wipe a washcloth, wet or dry, over my face, there is a lot of makeup on it. But it doesn't feel like my pores are clean.

• Like 3

call me a fuddy duddy

but I don't like seeing Leah in her PJs 

let the models do that 

----------------

tried one of those microfiber makeup remover things 

don't waste your money, I don't think it really did a good job 

• Like 4
  • Laugh 1

The legacy faux suede leggings are ok, but they have very similar ones at Costco for a lot less than 44.98 plus 3.50 shipping. Also, they don

t look so wonderful on the more realistically sized ladies. ( I can say so because I am one and would not be wearing a  light plaid). 

Also, I did see some of the towels for cleaning the make up and it did look like it really took off all the make up very easily and quickly. (still I didn't buy it) 

Editing to add, while I was typing lovewmesomejoolery posted similar to me. Twinz!

Edited by mayvenne
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

I wonder that too. If I wipe a washcloth, wet or dry, over my face, there is a lot of makeup on it. But it doesn't feel like my pores are clean.

I use these microfiber towels on my face, after several people here raved about them.

I'm not going to make false claims and say that the cloths "get deep into your pores" - after all, I'm no QVC host! - but for me, they clean all the makeup and probably gently get off any flaky skin or stuff you can't see.  This allows whatever product you use to penetrate into your pores......sort of like what they say about a Clarisonic facial cleanser, except that device can be really harsh on your skin if you use it too much or too often or don't use the sensitive brush head.

And I use my cloths with my cleanser.  Not with just water, like they show.  I remove my cleanser with the cloths.

Hope that makes sense.

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 2
  • Useful 4

I guess we knew that the Cuddl Duds engagement will be a non stop topic. OK.

She told Jane they are planning the menu already. Leah gets into it. Maybe the wedding party is wearing CD PJs?

• Laugh 8
  • Surprise 1

7 hours ago, mpeeps said:

David's Dream Jeans with belly control panel and 8 days a week stretch. 

Wouldn't sell.

Everyone knows that men with bellies have the waistbands of their jeans (and their pants in general) sitting underneath said bellies.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 6

15 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Wouldn't sell.

Everyone knows that men with bellies have the waistbands of their jeans (and their pants in general) sitting underneath said bellies.

In our house, that's called Dunlap disease.  It's a daily fight.

• Laugh 5

They are still selling the heck out of that CZJ robe!  Courtney Webb had it on a gift show this morning.  The  host always presents alone and never mentions CZJ by name, although online it notes her collection.  

I remember CZJ would have a representative when she wasn't around herself....they must have a ton of robes to be pushing so aggressively taking advantage of gift giving.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, 7EasyPayments said:

image.png.ba7dda0a4e3002d9e4e575843597a7c1.png

Maybe Venable can endorse fat  guy jeans, worked for the Quacky people! 🤪

They should forbid Carolyn Gracie from any Denim & Co. shows and pair her strictly with Quacker Factory.  Angel Smedley could put her in her place and give her some tips on what to wear for her plus size figure.  Carolyn would love all the trashy Quacker designs!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

8 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

They are still selling the heck out of that CZJ robe!  Courtney Webb had it on a gift show this morning.  The  host always presents alone and never mentions CZJ by name, although online it notes her collection.  

I remember CZJ would have a representative when she wasn't around herself....they must have a ton of robes to be pushing so aggressively taking advantage of gift giving.

I saw it presented a few overnights ago, and also noticed the lack of mention of the CZJ name.  I find that interesting, especially since as you mentioned, the website has the brand name all over it.  Strange indeed.

• Like 2

Could the lack of saying the brand name of the CZJ robe just be oversight by the host?  

It's more than strange to sell something and not mention the brand name. Especially when QVC is all about pushing .....the brand names it carries. Every other sentence in some presentations in Philosophy this, and Isaac Mizrahi that, and Clarks this, and Earth that,  Cuddl Duds in known for this, Basso is know for that. Ad nauseam.

They use the brand name as one of the key selling points!

Edited by selhars
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, selhars said:

Could the lack of saying the brand name of the CZJ robe just be oversight by the host?  

It's more than strange to sell something and not mention the brand name. Especially when QVC is all about pushing .....the brand names it carries. Every other sentence in some presentations in Philosophy this, and Isaac Mizrahi that, and Clarks this, and Earth that,  Cuddl Duds in known for this, Basso is know for that. Ad nauseam.

They use the brand name as one of the key selling points!

They haven't been mentioning CZJ in any of the many presentations that I've seen.

• Like 2

I've seen 3 different hosts with the CZJ robe so I'd think not mentioning her name is intentional.

If she was on a hiatus and coming back next year I'm sure they'd be mentioning it repeatedly. 

Lends credence to the notion she's gone. Her agreement may allow website (her website links to Q) advertising while inventory is being cleared, but no on air utterances  (as Brett likes to say.)

• Like 3

I saw the CZJ robe presented last weekend by Kirsten Lindquist.  Brief mention of CZJ, and only in the sense of raving about her expensive home - I think they were showing the pictures that are on Q's website, with CZJ lounging in the robe -  and almost sounded like she was making fun of CZJ by implying "no one lived liked that......but you can with this robe by CZJ".

• Like 1
  • Surprise 4

10 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I saw it presented a few overnights ago, and also noticed the lack of mention of the CZJ name.  I find that interesting, especially since as you mentioned, the website has the brand name all over it.  Strange indeed.

we talked speculated about this a few weeks ago, obviously something went wrong 

and I want to know what 

• Like 4

Did you see the battery organizer is coming up as a TSV... seems like a reasonable organization /storage solution : I have them stored in a jumble in several different drawers which I understand is not good for them. But probably better price elsewhere ($30.)

• Useful 4

23 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Did you see the battery organizer is coming up as a TSV... seems like a reasonable organization /storage solution : I have them stored in a jumble in several different drawers which I understand is not good for them. But probably better price elsewhere ($30.)

that is a lot of batteries to store,  might be better to figure out which I need more of and go from there,

but not the worst gift idea 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Did you see the battery organizer is coming up as a TSV... seems like a reasonable organization /storage solution

Love this thing. When I buy batteries I want that Sharp Edged Packaging of Death in the trash immediately. 

Also you'll always know what you need more of before running out of them. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 4
  • Laugh 1