Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

Oh there will be some happy dancing on Sunday. I see it will be a 24 hour cooking day, with a lot of Vitamix, chowing down, and dancing for the grannies. 🥩🥓🍔🍕🧀🍗🌮

• Laugh 7
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 3

The Happy Dancer is on right now, doing a very hard sell on some flameless candles.  The OAP actually said that brand is the premier flameless candle brand at QVC.  Give me a break.  They are fake candles, not a Tiffany ring.  Premier.

Then as Mr. HD walked across the set, wow.  The vest he's wearing does not hide his large belly.  I am large, so not fat shaming.  I was honestly concerned for him health-wise.  

Then the story of how two days after Thanksgiving, it'll be December 1 and oh we'll all be freaking out - what will we do for Christmas?  Hey, there are stores, and other places that can ship out items in one day (Amazon, Zappos, etc.).  We do not rely on the Q.  I certainly do not.  I have one favorite pair of jeans that they keep in stock and that's about all I order when I need a new pair or so.  They fit me just right, so that's why I keep ordering those.  

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, hoosier80 said:

The Happy Dancer is on right now, doing a very hard sell on some flameless candles.  The OAP actually said that brand is the premier flameless candle brand at QVC.  Give me a break.  They are fake candles, not a Tiffany ring.  Premier.

Then as Mr. HD walked across the set, wow.  The vest he's wearing does not hide his large belly.  I am large, so not fat shaming.  I was honestly concerned for him health-wise.  

Then the story of how two days after Thanksgiving, it'll be December 1 and oh we'll all be freaking out - what will we do for Christmas?  Hey, there are stores, and other places that can ship out items in one day (Amazon, Zappos, etc.).  We do not rely on the Q.  I certainly do not.  I have one favorite pair of jeans that they keep in stock and that's about all I order when I need a new pair or so.  They fit me just right, so that's why I keep ordering those.  

What will we do,well maybe not order from QVC if we want our stuff on time for the holiday.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Lady J said:

What will we do,well maybe not order from QVC if we want our stuff on time for the holiday.

So true.

I was chatting recently with my one sister who regularly orders from the Q (mostly clothes for work) and she said she's fed up.  She was double billed twice (had to call to fix) due to their computer issues...orders sitting "in process" for 2 weeks prior to being mailed out...being told you cannot "cancel" an order while it's sitting in limbo.  Her latest conversation with a CS rep said that they're behind due to the busy holiday season.  She said she was going to try and cancel her orders.  Not sure how she made out, however, since I didn't hear back yet, I bet it didn't go well. 

• Like 4
  • Surprise 4

QVC shipping has been slow all year. The holiday season is not their problem. Poor warehouse management is their problem.

• Like 8
  • Useful 2

11 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

For me Thanksgiving is all about the sides.

I have been known when I was younger (had to work on Friday and couldn't get away) to make a box of Stovetop Stuffin, heat up Stouffers Mac&Cheese and open a can of Ocean Spray whole cranberries sauce.  Maybe a root vegetable (I like them all.)  A nice glass of Pinot Grigio and I was thankful! 

Who needs turkey?

I’m with you JohnnyStar5. The sides are the best. I am famous (in my family anyways) for my candied yams and deviled eggs. I make them the way my Mom did and the rest of the family are always asking for the recipes. I tell them they should have helped Mom cook and they would know. Yeah I’m a bitch 😘.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 8

Alert: looks like HSN has free shipping all weekend! Q? EZ pays on everything. 

There are 3 different Origami carts and shelves I'm looking to send and each is reduced,  plus with FS...pretty good savings. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 2

Q positioning that Tweaked stuff as replacement for Wen?

selling as a conditioning cleanser 

Amys hair looks much nicer on the recording blown out as opposed to Calista rat nest she does 

• Like 5
  • Laugh 1

So I guess QVC -- for one night is tweaking its overnight repeat schedule?

Overnight tonight -- Sat AM starting at midnight -- 12a Cold WX Style with Shawn K...then at 1a Dooney & Bourke, and at 2a -- NOT a repeat of the midnight hour but instead: Clever Dsesigns....so is that a new show?....or more likely -- a repeat of the Friday night show with Antonella?

Then at 3a -- Cold WeatherStyle, I take it that is a repeat of the midnight show

At 4a.m. -- a two hour repeat of Friday night's David & Jane'sHoli-YAYS

6a.m. is back to a repeat of Cold Weather Style 

BUT......on the Sat night/Sun overnight -- it's back to launching the TSV at midnight, a another product show at 1a -- and then once again -- 5 hours of the TSV

What the heck is QVC doing? And why change it for one night only?

• Surprise 3

My problem with QVC is that my online account hasn’t worked for WEEKS. I can order stuff and see a list of my orders, but if I try to see an invoice or track anything, I get an error and instruction to call CS. I emailed when it started and was told it would be forwarded to the tech dept. When nothing changed and I emailed again, I was told to call. I emailed again this morning and said if they don’t fix it or tell me why they can’t, we’re done. And I mean it. Their phone reps are great, but why won’t they just fix things?? I want to try to keep more of my money local anyway, so this might not be a terrible thing. 

• Surprise 4

I went to a Q outlet which is very nearby. We had company visiting and they knew of it and wanted to go. It was definitely a good thing as you get to see the brands up close and personal and even touch and feel the items. I think many are returns or yes, overstocked, but not defective.

I wanted to mention that most of the items were small quantities or even like 5 or 10 at most. HOWEVER, they had a very solid (wink wink) supply of super short Sherri Sheperd wigs. I have always been curious about the wigs, but the style on this was not even anything I would have tried on. So I still am clueless about wigs, but now I know that super short style obviously didn't appeal to the masses either!!

OK Editing to add that I checked and apparently that brand is no longer sold on the Q? Looks like it's all Toni Braxton and maybe another brand. Well in any case, 

Just thought I would share my knowledge.

Edited by mayvenne
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

On 11/14/2019 at 9:24 AM, BecomingLimited said:

YouTubers love Walmart jeans. Plz report your findings.

I got the Jeans today 

fit well , a teeny bit too long

ordered 2 sizes went with

my usual size I might try on the smaller to see if there is any difference 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sofia-Jeans-Melisa-Flare-High-Waist-Stretch-Jean-Women-s/701122850

2 day free ship as well 

• Like 3
  • Useful 3

No Martha Stewart turkey or sides this year?  I will  miss this years picture of it in Skunky's garbage pail.  

Edited by LucyEth
  • Laugh 6

myocardial infarction

MYOCARDIAL INFARCTION ALERT ! JANE RUDOLPH TREACY ! ALERT !

JTV now has exclusive rights to DISNEY jewelry !

Keep calm and carry on (aka never shut up). 🤪

• Laugh 9
  • Surprise 1

I don’t watch QVC as often as I used to, but I did notice the overnight reruns. Did they get rid of the newer Q hosts that used to do the overnight shows or have they moved them to different time slots and I just haven’t run into them recently?

When I got my Thanksgiving card the other day, I realized that I haven't seen Zell in a while. Maybe she's on the Deuce?

She is. And I caught a bit of her I think on the main channel doing a 1 am Bob Mackie show in the past week or so, and it was painful. I get that she is probably in her 20s or early 30s and has no firsthand knowledge of ‘60s and ‘70s pop culture, but she seemed both unprepared and patronizing. At one point she asked Mackie some stupid, impossible question like, “What is the favorite thing you’ve designed for?” and in his pleasant way he said there were a lot of happy memories and then listed a few occasions/celebs. I wish I could remember the specifics, but I think one was the Carol Burnett Show. Zell clearly had no familiarity with anything or anyone he mentioned and was just waiting for him to stop talking so she could offer, in a tone a teenager would use with Grandma when Mom threatened to revoke driving privileges if she weren’t nice, “Wow, so amazing, we’re getting limited in the blue, so if that’s your color, you should call now or go to QVC-dot-com.” I would have canned her and her stupid teeth for that. Is it really that hard to find people who want the job enough to do some basic homework?

• Like 9
  • Surprise 2

32 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

When I got my Thanksgiving card the other day, I realized that I haven't seen Zell in a while. Maybe she's on the Deuce?

She was on Q2 last night. She cut her hair off so maybe you didn't recognize her?

• Useful 1

Is Josie wearing the same dress that Jane looked so bad in a while back ? Floral print with ugly gold accents ? 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

6 hours ago, hummingbird said:

I got the Jeans today 

fit well , a teeny bit too long

ordered 2 sizes went with

my usual size I might try on the smaller to see if there is any difference 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sofia-Jeans-Melisa-Flare-High-Waist-Stretch-Jean-Women-s/701122850

2 day free ship as well 

Those are cute! Yes the Sofia V jeans are some that I've seen raved about. Thanks for the update. Hope they wash/wear well for you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LeeDenny said:

She was on Q2 last night. She cut her hair off so maybe you didn't recognize her?

Nah, I don't watch Q2. I've seen her with the shorter hair. 

David on a Leg Master exercise machine, although he emphasized "I'm not using the dreaded 'e' word. This is about movement." He said it's safe for 350 pounds, and "I don't weigh 350 pounds. What I weigh is none of your business." He said it in a pleasant way, though.

He seems to really like the machine. He said when he tried it the first time he presented it, he was so impressed that he bought one and uses it at home. Hope it helps him.

misc pics QVC David Venable leg execise machine 11-15-19.jpg

• Like 5
  • Surprise 2

The TSV coat will likely go quickly in multiple sizes and colors so that is why they are limiting the reruns.  They need some for Leah's show.

Why the shortage? They previewed it Monday night and probably sold more than anticipated.  

Idiots.. .

• Useful 1
  • Laugh 6

1 minute ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

The TSV coat will likely go quickly in multiple sizes and colors so that is why they are limiting the reruns.  They need some for Leah's show.

Why the shortage? They previewed it Monday night and probably sold more than anticipated.  

Idiots.. .

I don’t understand what they are doing with the TSV.  It seems to me that there are more than one each day. Or they have a TSV and then 3 days later they have the same one again. What exactly are the trying to do?  I don’t want to know what at the TSV is 3 days from now. I liked the surprise of finding out at midnight (in Ca). What’s the point of having one now?

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Benji said:

Is Josie wearing the same dress that Jane looked so bad in a while back ? Floral print with ugly gold accents ? 

OMG! It could be???? Maybe she borrowed it from JRT"s locker? LOL!

20191116_040112-383x274.jpg.c47e02b5ea6ffa55fd8687e863d09767.jpg20191116_040457-326x292.jpg.e8fa0c68dba9ddb187c7b8b4e4c3137e.jpg

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 5
  • Surprise 1

4 hours ago, Benji said:

good eye....it IS the same dress!!!

4 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

OMG! It could be???? Maybe she borrowed it from JRT"s locker? LOL!

20191116_040112-383x274.jpg.c47e02b5ea6ffa55fd8687e863d09767.jpg20191116_040457-326x292.jpg.e8fa0c68dba9ddb187c7b8b4e4c3137e.jpg

It sure is the same dress!

This is the pic @Booney used for the Fashion Poll.......and if I can find the picture I pilfered from the web way back when, it's also the dress Jane wore to a wedding.....I remember David Venable and Jill being in the picture, too........Tara Temptations wedding, I think.

Jane poll.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Laugh 8
  • Surprise 2

2 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Here we go!

Tara Wedding.jpg

Thank you!  I was getting bored hunting through DV's Facebook, looking for this!

Sometimes, it really DOES take a village!  And why are we up at 4:30 a.m., anyway??

• Like 2
  • Laugh 10

Does anyone know where Tweakd Dennis is from?

His pronunciation of some words is interesting : Mom is something like Mawm... .(Answered! Just heard he's Canadian from Montreal! )

Edited by JohnnyStar5
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

7 hours ago, Somebody Stop Me said:

She is. And I caught a bit of her I think on the main channel doing a 1 am Bob Mackie show in the past week or so, and it was painful. I get that she is probably in her 20s or early 30s and has no firsthand knowledge of ‘60s and ‘70s pop culture, but she seemed both unprepared and patronizing. At one point she asked Mackie some stupid, impossible question like, “What is the favorite thing you’ve designed for?” and in his pleasant way he said there were a lot of happy memories and then listed a few occasions/celebs. I wish I could remember the specifics, but I think one was the Carol Burnett Show. Zell clearly had no familiarity with anything or anyone he mentioned and was just waiting for him to stop talking so she could offer, in a tone a teenager would use with Grandma when Mom threatened to revoke driving privileges if she weren’t nice, “Wow, so amazing, we’re getting limited in the blue, so if that’s your color, you should call now or go to QVC-dot-com.” I would have canned her and her stupid teeth for that. Is it really that hard to find people who want the job enough to do some basic homework?

that grinds my gears,  someone can't tell her you will be with XX and she/he was in the yy biz for years here is their background.

now Bob just got a Tony for the Broadway show, how come she wasnt' familiar with all that . 

Bob is so gracious in a snarky way though

2 hours ago, AuntCarol said:

I don’t understand what they are doing with the TSV.  It seems to me that there are more than one each day. Or they have a TSV and then 3 days later they have the same one again. What exactly are the trying to do?  I don’t want to know what at the TSV is 3 days from now. I liked the surprise of finding out at midnight (in Ca). What’s the point of having one now?

they want to sell them all before BF when coats will be 50-70% off I think , if I were in the market for a coat that is when I would be buying 

also so sort Canada Goose rip off with that patch

• Like 4

6 hours ago, BecomingLimited said:

Those are cute! Yes the Sofia V jeans are some that I've seen raved about. Thanks for the update. Hope they wash/wear well for you.

kinda of annoying that anything remotely interesting is not available at the wally world near me, don't know why  was in there once to check it out . 

• Like 1

I wish that the Q would use this on a T-shirt:

image.png.296993df7bb99f91bd225a5698a15158.png

Edited by artisto · Reason: syntax
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 12

3 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Does anyone know where Tweakd Dennis is from?

His pronunciation of some words is interesting : Mom is something like Mawm... .(Answered! Just heard he's Canadian from Montreal! )

Wow...I thought I detected a South African accent or Australian.  Never would have guessed Canadian.

• Like 1

Bless his heart, but he said Mawm so many times I couldn't help but notice. 

Fortunately,  she is doing well, he showed a recent picture.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

kinda of annoying that anything remotely interesting is not available at the wally world near me, don't know why  was in there once to check it out . 

I hear ya hummingbird. Several years ago, days before a vacation, I ran into the local Walmart before work. I grabbed a few items that looked promising and bought them, figuring I would try them at home and return but they were so cheap I HAD to try. To my shock, everything was a hit. I took the new items on vacation and still have them. (one was jeans, one was a dress, and maybe a top and definitely underwear). I was amazed and delighted.

I still at times make a point of going in and looking at the clothing but there is nothing at all that catches my eyes (except slippers and socks and undies). So disappointing.

I used to watch the Q and actually liked some fashion but it was too pricey for my cheap self. Now I rarely see anything that I would consider if price was not an issue.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, mayvenne said:

I hear ya hummingbird. Several years ago, days before a vacation, I ran into the local Walmart before work. I grabbed a few items that looked promising and bought them, figuring I would try them at home and return but they were so cheap I HAD to try. To my shock, everything was a hit. I took the new items on vacation and still have them. (one was jeans, one was a dress, and maybe a top and definitely underwear). I was amazed and delighted.

I still at times make a point of going in and looking at the clothing but there is nothing at all that catches my eyes (except slippers and socks and undies). So disappointing.

I used to watch the Q and actually liked some fashion but it was too pricey for my cheap self. Now I rarely see anything that I would consider if price was not an issue.

they have stepped up the fashion thing, but there is nothing I NEED right now, but I might look again . price was right and it was what I was looking for 

Insta is full of girls showing what they bought/given from WM and it all looks nice and on trend  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Tweak’d Man was asked by several on Facebook, according to Nay-Nay, who yelled from off-camera where she sits at the kid’s table that she had to ask a question, “Many are asking, because of your accent, where you are from. Is it Australia, Canada or New Jersey?”

Tweak’d Man answered, “Hamilton Canada, the armpit of Canada” to which Shawn-Shawn inserted, “Uh-ugh, Can we edit that out from this presentation?”

He went on about having moved his entire family out of there and now hails from Montreal. 

Not sure what to make of him 

Edited by Fromwhereisit
  • Surprise 2

50 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

they have stepped up the fashion thing, but there is nothing I NEED right now, but I might look again . price was right and it was what I was looking for 

Insta is full of girls showing what they bought/given from WM and it all looks nice and on trend  

The same with their home decor items. I rarely shop at Walmart's brick and mortar stores (and our local WM store closed in October), but a couple of the home design/style bloggers I follow spotlight WM items. I've bought some things from WM online based on the bloggers' recommendations (and they have affiliate links to the products,, of course!). I just bought an oak and metal bar cart from WM online that was mentioned in Emily Clark's blog, and I love it! It's a good size, sturdy, really attractive and a good price (and I saw it online elsewhere for $30 more). Exactly what I was looking for. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

as soon as AMS is over I turned the channel to HSN and they have a man/woman combo show as well

also Caro is on Q2,  

"lovely senior lady"

slap 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4

1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Two reviews posted for the TSV coat, both negative.  I see the two dark colors they had are both gone (had a blackberry earlier in the week, which isn't even showing on website), which I would think will slow sales of larger sizes.

Arctic-Expedition-Quilted-Down-Coat

I can't see them on the website and I couldn't see them last night. I was looking as it's a good price for a parka. Reviews on the Q seem to come and go depending on their mood.

I'm guess Josie has plenty of Argan money in the bank so it's nice to see her wearing a dress that a few years old. As dingy and free range breasty as she is, I like her.

• Laugh 2

why can't QVC hyperlink a brand?

so a shopper browser can click  on the brand and see everything under it?

isn't that basic web stuff

• Like 4
  • Laugh 1

Re:  Walmart — a few years ago, I saw a Martha Stewart garden show where she was selling giant canvas garden bags. I had just spent days replacing a bunch of mulch and wanted one for the next time I would have to tackle that chore. I wanted ONE, but of course it was QVC, so you had to buy three, and by the time tax and shipping was factored in, I was looking at $50. Nope.

A day or two later I found a set of two on the Walmart site for $14. And I needed a few other things anyway so got free shipping. One is still in the package, but that was $14 well spent. Those bags are really well constructed. 

Re:  Kerstin-I-Love-Myself-and-Jesus-Loves-Me-Too — Why. Can’t. She. Maintain. Eye. Contact. With. The. Camera/Us?? Would that not normally be a top three requirement for a freaking tv salesperson???

• Like 6
  • Laugh 1

4 minutes ago, Somebody Stop Me said:

Kerstin-I-Love-Myself-and-Jesus-Loves-Me-Too — Why. Can’t. She. Maintain. Eye. Contact. With. The. Camera/Us?? Would that not normally be a top three requirement for a freaking tv salesperson???

because she knows she is totally uncomfortable selling ? is my guess

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

4 hours ago, hummingbird said:

that grinds my gears,  someone can't tell her you will be with XX and she/he was in the yy biz for years here is their background.

now Bob just got a Tony for the Broadway show, how come she wasnt' familiar with all that . 

Bob is so gracious in a snarky way though

they want to sell them all before BF when coats will be 50-70% off I think , if I were in the market for a coat that is when I would be buying 

also so sort Canada Goose rip off with that patch

(Bolding mine.)

1). One of the things I love about Bob!  How cool that he won a Tony, too!

2) Is Canada Goose the brand that Amy kept comparing the Q coat to and saying it cost $900?  

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

Reason #5 gazillion why they are going down the toilet. I'm sure Blabby must have an uncle or cousin or someone who invented the internet and could fix that for them.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 7

40 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

QVC actually does have a hyperlink to brands, maybe not the up front and center way you see it on other websites.  You have to Shop by category and then see the brands under that category.

Or am I not understanding what your saying? 

Edited by lovemesomejoolery