Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

Recommended Posts

I think my favorite model is red-headed Ellen.  Love her hair of course, but she also has a great smile and a fresh-faced look that I find appealing.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

10 hours ago, Etherbunny said:

Did anyone hear that Katie McGhee left?  Wasn’t sure if what I heard was accurate

No. It was Cathy... I think her last name begins with P.  Long dark hair.  I liked her.

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, tinderbox said:

No. It was Cathy... I think her last name begins with P.  Long dark hair.  I liked her.

Katie McGee just left. Cathy P. left a while ago.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

The GILI denim jacket A375511.  How is the bling on it any different than a Quacker Factory jean jacket, other than price ($125) and length, of course???  SMH

Rhinestones — yuck.

And the dreaded “popped collar.”  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Thumper said:

The GILI denim jacket A375511.  How is the bling on it any different than a Quacker Factory jean jacket, other than price ($125) and length, of course???  SMH

Rhinestones — yuck.

And the dreaded “popped collar.”  

And that size 2 is too tight on Jill. Blech ! 😝

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Lisa Rinna's animal print jumpsuit looks like a GILI special or even DuJour.  Using the same factory in China different label?

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Creepy factor 100, reached.  Dennis Basso's judgement can now be officially called into question, lol.

 

Hey Jayne Brown, Rinna borrowed your bun and took it for a walk.

  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Creepy factor 100, reached.  Dennis Basso's judgement can now be officially called into question, lol.

 

Well, at least the clothes age-appropriate for females the ages of her daughters are being worn by her daughters, and not by her.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

13 hours ago, 7EasyPayments said:

Has QVC exclusive Susan Graver had work done?

Other than the de rigeur wear and tear Botox?

 

I noticed that the other day. Probably Botox and filler combo. Need to ease into fillers. Too much at once and people notice. 

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Something about Rinna's face lately has been reminding me of Maria Shriver.

(I admit that viewing some of the Oscars I thought for a moment that Jane Fonda was Carol Burnett.  It's as if they selected the same face from the doctor's catalogue.)

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Something about Rinna's face lately has been reminding me of Maria Shriver.

(I admit that viewing some of the Oscars I thought for a moment that Jane Fonda was Carol Burnett.  It's as if they selected the same face from the doctor's catalogue.)

When I’m 80 I want Jane’s face . 

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Lady J said:
5 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Something about Rinna's face lately has been reminding me of Maria Shriver.

(I admit that viewing some of the Oscars I thought for a moment that Jane Fonda was Carol Burnett.  It's as if they selected the same face from the doctor's catalogue

879B004F-EDFF-4719-9D86-7DAFE19F98D9.thumb.jpeg.662888ed3dfc4a779516e417ea57b37a.jpeg

I can see that.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Remember this monstrosity of a top that helped earn Logo Lori worst dressed during an earlier  fashion poll?

Well, tonight it's a Primetime Special and can be yours for $24.95 + $3.50 shipping!

(p.s.  It's also available in white, in case scarecrow rose isn't your color!)

 

imageproxy.php.jpg

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 16

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

Looks like Lori's head is on backwards.

She looks like you would stick her in a cornfield to scare the crows ! 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

Just watched Joan Rivers on the Dabl channel/Martha Stewart show (from 2012).  She was doing Valentine's crafts with Martha.  Loved it!   The Q was mentioned too. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Remember this monstrosity of a top that helped earn Logo Lori worst dressed during an earlier  fashion poll?

Well, tonight it's a Primetime Special and can be yours for $24.95 + $3.50 shipping!

(p.s.  It's also available in white, in case scarecrow rose isn't your color!)

 

imageproxy.php.jpg

MY EYES! MY EYES!

  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

52 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

$88 for something this thin.

 

88.PNG

Lisa Rinna item?  She is laughing all the way to the bank.  Grrrr

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

I agree on the Rinna piece being flimsy and overpriced. When I looked at Jane in her outfit, the lines and layers and proportions just seemed flattering on her for once. And in the picture, right down to her shoes, she looks at ease instead of hyper-blabby as usual. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

21 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Seems like Q is hawking those mobility scooters more often these days (V-36944). 

For $1800 (oops, $1799.16) before tax, you bet they'd better be offering free S&H (normally $37.97).

They should throw in some XXXXL Quacker Factory sweat pants as a free gift on every purchase. Or visa-versa...

  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Haddock Branzini said:

They should throw in some XXXXL Quacker Factory sweat pants as a free gift on every purchase. Or visa-versa...

So your theory is that anyone needing a mobility scooter is obese?

  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

You know how QVC pushes those green veggie health drinks, like the Perricone stuff? I saw a disparaging remark about green drinks in an article today. Nationally known fitness trainer and nutritionist Alice Liveing (known on the Internet as "Clean Eating Alice,") said "No credible trainer would suggest green juices to be the elixir of good health."

Disclaimer: The article was not about green drinks. It was about the extreme 1,000 calorie per day diet singer Adele has used to lose 98 pounds. Adele's diet is called The Sirtfood Diet and "is based on sirtuins (SIRTs), a group of seven proteins. It focuses on plant foods which help to suppress appetite and activate the body's 'skinny gene.' "

Just saying that QVC over-hypes the benefits of the green drinks they sell. The creators of the Sirtfood Diet sounds like hucksters too, with their talk of an alleged skinny gene. Yeah, wouldn't we all like to have a skinny gene? Anyway, green drinks are good for you, but they aren't magic weight loss potions.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/adeles-1000-calorie-a-day-weight-loss-diet-isnt-sustainable-in-the-long-term-this-morning-health-experts-warn/ar-BBZVj4r

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Linen Clearance : GILI Novelty Throw marked down to $19.95.  I wouldn't know what to do with it if they gave me $20 to take it off their hands!

download.jpg

In politics, focus groups are used rather frequently to determine if an idea, a legislative item, or a talking point is sellable with voters.

Items like that, and the pillow that accompanies it, need a focus group.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

27 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

You know how QVC pushes those green veggie health drinks, like the Perricone stuff? I saw a disparaging remark about green drinks in an article today. Nationally known fitness trainer and nutritionist Alice Liveing (known on the Internet as "Clean Eating Alice,") said "No credible trainer would suggest green juices to be the elixir of good health."

Disclaimer: The article was not about green drinks. It was about the extreme 1,000 calorie per day diet singer Adele has used to lose 98 pounds. Adele's diet is called The Sirtfood Diet and "is based on sirtuins (SIRTs), a group of seven proteins. It focuses on plant foods which help to suppress appetite and activate the body's 'skinny gene.' "

Just saying that QVC over-hypes the benefits of the green drinks they sell. The creators of the Sirtfood Diet sounds like hucksters too, with their talk of an alleged skinny gene. Yeah, wouldn't we all like to have a skinny gene? Anyway, green drinks are good for you, but they aren't magic weight loss potions.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/adeles-1000-calorie-a-day-weight-loss-diet-isnt-sustainable-in-the-long-term-this-morning-health-experts-warn/ar-BBZVj4r

From the article:  Recommended Sirtfoods include: Kale, red wine, strawberries, onions, soy and dark chocolate (85% cocoa) 

Show that to an endocrinologist and they'll freak.  (If you have an underactive thyroid you're supposed to limit or avoid all of that.)

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

From the article:  Recommended Sirtfoods include: Kale, red wine, strawberries, onions, soy and dark chocolate (85% cocoa) 

Show that to an endocrinologist and they'll freak.  (If you have an underactive thyroid you're supposed to limit or avoid all of that.)

Unless Adele is far, far more disciplined than most, and unique in every way (which would seem unlikely), she'll probably weigh 100-125 lbs heavier within the next 2 years.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated · Reason: No 'g' in 'within'.
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Unless Adele is far, far more disciplined than most, and unique in every way (which would seem unlikely), she'll probably weigh 100-125 lbs heavier withing the next 2 years.

I'll just say this and I'll back off: "Activating" the "skinny gene" means that you're starving yourself and if you're not careful you'll be in the hospital so they can get your electrolytes in order because you're malnourished.

  • Like 5
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, hummingbird said:

clarify please

They're praying the website doesn't go kerflooey like it has every other time they've had free shipping.  A play on the adage that there are no atheists in foxholes.

  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

You can purchase Barbara Bixby's $560 LTS bangle or make your own from the Beekman soap wrapper for free! But you have to purchase the soap first.

20200216_114435-383x712.jpg.07cfab0c28dacca24d1af63407ff0342.jpg20200216_114315-437x284.jpg.501bd20ddff403454a514d2f5b873219.jpg20200216_114346.thumb.jpg.eec8d30aa15cc1f5f18d788ceceea3cf.jpg

  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post

I think the Q and ShopHQ have the same IT people.  Placed my first clothing order at SHQ the other day using their version of automated ordering.  The "voice" said my item was sold out.  It was being shown live on air so I was pretty sure that wasn't the case.  Entered the item number and it was available.  The automated voice on SHQ is definitely more animated than the one on the Q.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

PSA - Got a phone call from an 800 number tonight, about 7ish.  Didn't answer, they left a voice mail.  I have my voicemails translated to script and often they are a bit confused, as this was.  Said it was Pat from QVC Customer Care, and that I should call them between the hours of 8a and 9p.  I recently returned an item which isn't showing up on my order history, so I tapped the phone number transcribed on the vm, and it was some girly 900-type message.

I feel sort of foolish, but it was pretty well disguised.  Anyway, in case you get a similar call, be extra careful.  The number they left was 800-686-0874.

  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/10/2020 at 9:27 PM, 7EasyPayments said:

Has QVC exclusive Susan Graver had work done?

Other than the de rigeur wear and tear Botox?

 

I turned to QVC the other day while I had the volume down - no sound - and I was trying to figure out who she was.  When I got off the phone and turned up the volume, I knew that voice right away.  I didn't even recognize her.  😂 But I guess it's been a while since I've seen one of her shows.  

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Has anyone ordered an Elizabeth & Clark shirt/blouse?  How is the fit?  Is it hot? (Polyester)

Kind of  like the long sleeve knit top on tonight.

Oooh, model Jackie looking almost like a Breezies “before” wearing it!  (Not quite as lumpy) lol

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Has anyone ordered an Elizabeth & Clark shirt/blouse?  How is the fit?  Is it hot? (Polyester)

Kind of  like the long sleeve knit top on tonight.

Oooh, model Jackie looking almost like a Breezies “before” wearing it!  (Not quite as lumpy) lol

I have a couple of them, A353173 and A310428.  I've never seen the brand presented, but my mom watches a lot and she ordered them for me.  It is a thicker material than most of my other tops, but I don't think they're too hot or uncomfortable.  I'm in the South and I've worn them year round.  I'm usually size medium and I have size 10.  They fit fine, maybe even a little big, but I like them loose rather than too fitted.  

  • Like 2
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

I haven't been watching much at all lately and just decided to have a look see. I am seeing QVC3 and I see Breezy mama  with Aimz. Breezy lady seems to have given up the black headband and replaced it with a skimpy streak of black hair. ?? Sorry if this is old news but I spent like a minute trying to figure out what I was seeing.

"It's an interesting look".

 

  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

Those mug cakes Tara is selling can be purchased in any grocery store.  Betty Crocker and Duncan Hines both make them.  I doubt hers are any better than those. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size