Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

25 minutes ago, Fromwhereisit said:

CE218FF4-762C-40CC-BAAE-D1901D38C8CA.thumb.jpeg.5b266a6e69d517e2027161633fcb0461.jpeg

Her thumb finding its way through the yarn there...intentional fashion or unintentional consequence?

Is this some sort of homeless chic bullshit? There are plenty of people these days who can only afford to wear genuinely “deconstructed” clothing (I’m not sure I believe the economy is doing well). It’s incredibly insensitive to sell this crap especially at that price. I do not like this woman one bit. 

• Like 11

Go look on the Shawn thread -- she posted on her Instagram that she thinks these deconstructed sweaters are great, and she bought two. Yeah, we might have guessed she'd fall for that mess.

I wonder if Carolyn will get to model those things? Not her style, but she'll wear them if she has to. But if she squeezes into a size too small, the loosely knit top is likely to disintegrate into strings, and end up looking like a fishnet. That would be embarrassing.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 6

My concern is how this will affect us globally.

Is this fashion trend contagious?

What measures have been taken at the ‘Q’ to contain an outbreak among other designers?

Should referencing this shopping channel as the ‘Q’ be understood to mean Quarantine, instead of Quality? And if so, has anyone in a position of authority contacted the Center for Disease Control and the Department of Defense? 

Furthermore, I propose that QVC and Peace Love World specifically, issue with each purchase of this deconstructed  garment, a warning label.

The warning should be in the form of a prominent hang tag that reads, “WARNING - WEARING THIS GARMENT COULD BE INJURIOUS TO YOUR HEALTH AND THE SAFETY OF THOSE AROUND YOU!”

Don’t wear and drive, while wearing this

Don’t carry hot beverage, while wearing this

Use special caution when in a kitchen or bathroom, while wearing this

C’mon, let’s get out in front of this hazard before a tragedy occurs. Our motto is, and always has been, Women of QVC, Slaves of Fashion - UNITE!

• Like 2
  • Laugh 3

Don't know about anyone else, but if I owned something that was in the condition of that PLW sweater it would be a candidate for the garbage can or use as a dust rag.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 8

6 hours ago, Fromwhereisit said:

D2A80927-5DA2-4B62-B511-BF819209E32C.thumb.jpeg.3ff75f4f2a81c7bb8695b25f41766c11.jpeg

😊...😉...😅...😂...🤣!!!

ok, just what are they smokin’ over there?

Gift of Spite, anyone? "Honey, I thought you might like this sweater. I hope you don't mind that the cat got to it first."

• Like 3
  • Laugh 8

On 1/26/2020 at 10:25 PM, Neiman said:

I find those Property Brothers a little on the creepy side.  I've tried to watch their shows on HGTV, but one comes across as rude and condescending.  I wonder if they've ever thought about going solo?  I think I'd watch if it were just the one brother.  

I do too! The one thinks he's so funny and it falls flat. They are very creepy looking to me.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Fromwhereisit said:

D2A80927-5DA2-4B62-B511-BF819209E32C.thumb.jpeg.3ff75f4f2a81c7bb8695b25f41766c11.jpeg

😊...😉...😅...😂...🤣!!!

ok, just what are they smokin’ over there?

the $87 dollar, deconstructed rag,

poor Kalina has hit a snag

you can’t wear rings with charms that dangle 

or your finger and loose threads will wrangle

Did the Q tools spell deconstructed wrong in the graphics?  I think this shredded sweater trend is a fashion fail and Skunky bought two I think.  Keeping up with her homeless chic style.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4

12 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

Did the Q tools spell deconstructed wrong in the graphics?  I think this shredded sweater trend is a fashion fail and Skunky bought two I think.  Keeping up with her homeless chic style.

Hilarious error.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

Honest to goodness, Southwest Airlines could use that sweater as a promotional tool. 

"Fly round-trip with us and pay less than the cost of this sweater!"

Edited by letusprocrastinate · Reason: OK, maybe not after the gazillion taxes added on
  • Laugh 6

TSV- Lock and Lock storage containers. I can not believe so much time is being spent on these containers! Every hour on the hour! But look, ya'll, so many different color lids! Lets talk about them endlessly ad nauseum. 

• Laugh 3
  • Sad 1

I guess the Q didn't get the memo about anti-plastics and the plastic pollution revolution.   Gives DV lots of material to work with especially if it's an extended 4 or 5 hr show on ITKWD!

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 3

And now that raggedy, hazardous, white sweater is back to its full price of $97.00.

I could have ordered it last night for only $87.

102DC0C7-E859-45CC-AFD8-D80752F17E7D.thumb.jpeg.ece4a80ba44d20e37de588d8892dc460.jpeg

This was Sandra being creative by placing her prompt cards under the shredded hem of the darker sweater. I think she was trying to highlight that the ‘openwork design’ is well placed and won’t show more of you than you want to show.

• Laugh 5

7 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

yes 

but people love them 

It’s true, and I’m one of those people. I can’t explain it. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 5

On 1/25/2020 at 8:03 AM, mayvenne said:

Good morning. Lord help me - Amy and the Perricone lady with their super green thing. I am sorry - this is so not of interest to me. And EVENT PRICED at "under $100" at $94.50 and Free Shipping. Hold me back-----not.

Sorry if you are fans, maybe this is what my life is missing but it doesn't call my name.

@Mayvenne...ALL of their crappy shit is WAY over-priced.. come on, 18 shrimp for $100 bucks.. Hell, i'll sell you my own bought shrimp for that price.  and the GREEN GUNK.. just No!

Edited by Boston
  • Like 3

Gourmet Holiday on again.  $70.00 for 16 tiny quiches.. WHATTTTT?  If I ever pay that (for what I can make for 20 bucks) please shoot me!!  AND IT DOESN'T HAVE ALL THIS CRAP IN IT.

quiche.jpg

Edited by Boston
  • Like 1
  • Surprise 2

On 1/21/2020 at 10:35 PM, Lady J said:

Lot of fugly shoes tonight. Yesterday, I ordered a pair of Miss Mooz shoes that I had been coveting, from Zulilly.  They are over $130.00 on the Q and I snagged them for $45.00. I figured it was worth the gamble. Fingers crossed. 

Note to JANE:  I just bought a pair of Schechers WALKING sneakers for 29 bucks.. NOT 129 BUCKS, 29 BUCKS.  QVC really sucks (stupid people in).  thank you

• Like 3

On 1/28/2020 at 8:10 AM, Fromwhereisit said:

That’s exactly what I’m thinking.

Last thing I heard a host utter last night, before I swiftly turned off the tv was, “and we’re going to show you several of Oprah’s favorites in this show”. This does not inspire me or draw me in. This, in fact, repels me. Using Oprah, referencing her or her ‘favorites’ is an absolute disincentive. At best, I’m skeptical of so-called influencers. I'm especially turned off to anyone who publishes an eponymous monthly magazine, for 20 years, and puts themself on each cover.

Amen. I'm not an Oprah fan. I never liked her show and I don't care what products she recommends. I think WW is better off without her endorsement.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, potatochips said:

Amen. I'm not an Oprah fan. I never liked her show and I don't care what products she recommends. I think WW is better off without her endorsement.

I’d rather have seen Oprah representing WW than Marie O on with Nutrisystem. 

Oprah must not be much of an influencer anymore since WW’s financials are not that good. 

• Like 5

So the Q has decided to offer fake trees TSV on their garden day.  This is kinda funny.  

Guess they figured there would be less returns than real plants. Let’s see how this works for them.  

• Like 4
  • Laugh 2

And pushing it "conserves resources" . . . no green thumb, no watering and deer proof too is funny BUT it's ALL plastic!!

228551726_qvc378.thumb.jpg.a1206623b20d2086a982a24087e9ec8c.jpg

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 6
  • Sad 1

On 1/24/2020 at 1:27 AM, Catanddogcaren said:

Wrong. The older hosts aren’t going anywhere and frankly I hope they don’t. Not a fan of Szish at all!!! She has a strange cadence to her speaking style, constantly says “um”, seems extremely affected, insecure and practically begs for attention from the people she is featuring. I have to turn her off whenever she comes on. In my opinion I would think that the main QVC demographic would find her to be someone they cannot relate to. She changes jobs with such frequency  and is so poor at hosting that I don’t see her staying with QVC long term.

She's really terrible on QVC. I completely agree, her look and her style are not relatable at all. I'm not even sure how you would characterize her style...it's eclectic and bizarre and not in a good way. She's always wearing a statement shoe in the weird color that was on sale but it's xyz designer and that makes it fashion. 

I mean, she's come a long way from modeling asymmetrical bobs for Michael Rocco's Partners for Hair, but this is definitely not her wheelhouse. She is very awkward and uncomfortable on-camera. I guess that's why they keep her on the laptop.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Like 1

8C39A04B-18CB-4435-B3D0-8CA6129B5979.thumb.jpeg.b9c255051720da1e6e1b1dc3686bb6ec.jpeg

Miami - Alina Villasante is the founder and designer (and we use those terms loosely) of her lifestyle brand and an advocate of loving and inspiring us to look odd. The Please Look Weird brand was born in 2009 through the love of weirdness from an energetic nut. We love to lie to appear more honest.

Alina found her voice of positive energy and affirmations and used her clothes as her canvas to spread her lunacy. Celebrities, who refer to themselves as iconic, attached themselves to her brand. The infectious attraction led her to the QVC platform. The infection led the World Health Organization to investigate operations at the shopping channel.

Alina found her purpose in the world of fashion after 17 years in the Aviation business (and aren’t we all grateful she is no longer in Aviation). She decided to make it her mission to find a window to the world where she can inspire the people (that’s us) to not only feel love but to love others. During the process of selling High Standard Aviation, Alina found her voice of positive energy and affirmations and used the clothes as her canvas to spread her lunacy. (Would love some hard examples of this.)

So she designs items like this...

82F0367E-6989-459D-8E8C-5F1DF69FB57C.thumb.jpeg.d4ad22fed777705dcde4288d9267d6ab.jpeg

The epitome of always keeping the light on even in the dark. (Wow) “I walk this journey with my daughter and I will not only leave my legacy ($) to her but she will step right into my shoes (Is she dying soon? And do they wear the same size shoes?) and continue to keep my energy alive.” (That ‘keeping energy alive thing’ can be a full time job.)

0A5A3B1F-6C5F-4898-A268-FCA045C9776D.thumb.jpeg.37b6052f876636f89f6380861db94248.jpeg

[this is spoofed from the actual Please Look Weird ‘About Us’]

Edited by Fromwhereisit
  • Laugh 13

I don’t know who she is but this ‘guest’ just answered Szish’s question of which is your favorite finger to wear a ring on...by saying her ‘ring finger, for obvious reasons’. And then this woman proceeded to do this -6815834B-7C14-4653-B78A-0D98B26E1EEE.thumb.jpeg.f7394fdee4ec8276108c82aa713977e2.jpeg

Nice. Really nice. Look at the expressions on the other faces.

Alina - Peace Love Shock Face

Vince Cameron Cutie - trying to appease the situation 

Szish - ‘Will I still have a job here by 9am?...’

• Laugh 8
  • Surprise 6

9 hours ago, Fromwhereisit said:

I don’t know who she is but this ‘guest’ just answered Szish’s question of which is your favorite finger to wear a ring on...by saying her ‘ring finger, for obvious reasons’. And then this woman proceeded to do this -6815834B-7C14-4653-B78A-0D98B26E1EEE.thumb.jpeg.f7394fdee4ec8276108c82aa713977e2.jpeg

Nice. Really nice. Look at the expressions on the other faces.

Alina - Peace Love Shock Face

Vince Cameron Cutie - trying to appease the situation 

Szish - ‘Will I still have a job here by 9am?...’

Katrina handled this well. This format could be a mess (esp. with intolerable and class-less PLW) but KS kept it moving. I'm sure the finger lady will gone but this the Q so maybe we'll see much much more of her!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

4 hours ago, BecomingLimited said:

Katrina handled this well. This format could be a mess (esp. with intolerable and class-less PLW) but KS kept it moving. I'm sure the finger lady will gone but this the Q so maybe we'll see much much more of her!

She did. Szish smoothed it over and moved on. Someone in a position of authority has to address the on air behavior. Which finger you like to wear your rings on is very different than that finger you like to raise in ‘power’, as the dame in the left said. You can’t do that on QVC as the middle finger and what the guest said along with the gesture still represents an obscene gesture. It’s not as simple as the wrong word slipping out on occasion from a host, vendor or caller. This was a decision to mainstream a vulgar thing with a fashion ring question.

She was the last one to answer after Szish, Camuto and Alina - so she was ready and waiting. Picture Dan Hughes doing this, or David Venable. 

Edited by Fromwhereisit
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Fromwhereisit said:

She did. Szish smoothed it over and moved on. Someone in a position of authority has to address the on air behavior. Which finger you like to wear your rings on is very different than that finger you like to raise in ‘power’, as the dame in the left said. You can’t do that on QVC as the middle finger and what the guest said along with the gesture still represents an obscene gesture. It’s not as simple as the wrong word slipping out on occasion from a host, vendor or caller. This was a decision to mainstream a vulgar thing with a fashion ring question.

She was the last one to answer after Szish, Camuto and Alina - so she was ready and waiting. Picture Dan Hughes doing this, or David Venable. 

Anyone have that picture of Dan with the log?

Edit: It's here, you have to click on where it says Booney replied...

Edited by RubberbandGirl
  • Laugh 3

47 minutes ago, RubberbandGirl said:

Anyone have that picture of Dan with the log?

Edit: It's here, you have to click on where it says Booney replied...

Here’s Dan and his log -

E449E63E-97B9-4A2D-9876-F5647CC1C462.thumb.jpeg.8a9734c95e9fee270a240839466b1bc1.jpeg

• Laugh 12

18 minutes ago, Syringa Vulgaris said:

Who's Humblebrag? Don't think I've seen that nickname before.

Dan. He tends to humblebrag on himself quite a bit. 😄

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

FYI.. hope i'm in the right topic.  I bought a pair of AWESOME walking Schechers for the spring.. (light gray and light pink).  They were shown on QVC for $62,50.  I got them (same ones) for $30 bucks on Zappos.  Take THAT, QVC!

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2

$60.  A-373795.  Inspired by the designer's travels around the world.  Personally I think they remind me more of something I'd see on ShopHQ for 1/3 of the price.

Kerstin did a very hard sell on this.  Had to mention, of course, she'd wear it over a bathing suit.  And when the designer mentioned wearing them with shorts, she exclaimed, "I love to wear shorts!"

She was able to get rid of 800 of them.

60bucks.PNG

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 5

29 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

$60.  A-373795.  Inspired by the designer's travels around the world.  Personally I think they remind me more of something I'd see on ShopHQ for 1/3 of the price.

Kerstin did a very hard sell on this.  Had to mention, of course, she'd wear it over a bathing suit.  And when the designer mentioned wearing them with shorts, she exclaimed, "I love to wear shorts!"

60bucks.PNG

Yes that top would be $9 to $14 on Amazon etc. Skank talks so fast, barking out that the xxs petite aqua is almost sold out! Check out or people will steal from your cart (and she won't get the sale)! Jesus is at the center of everything (said not one honest and actual Christian ever)! This show has the most eyeballs of any time slot all week! 

• Laugh 3

31 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

60bucks.PNG

I missed that presentation but tuned in just in time to hear her say something like she wants us to buy the TSV so that we'll all know what it's like to be happy when wearing pants.  ????  Then shared how the white is not see-thru...said she usually shows up in green underwear and those green undies would be okay under these white pants.  Then Kim G said Kirsten was one of her favorites.  Changed the channel after that.  😂

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1

1 minute ago, BecomingLimited said:

Yes that top would be $9 to $14 on Amazon etc. Skank talks so fast, barking out that the xxs petite aqua is almost sold out! Check out or people will steal from your cart (and she won't get the sale)! Jesus is at the center of everything (said not one honest and actual Christian ever)! This show has the most eyeballs of any time slot all week! 

Good grief. I doubt that Jesus is a QVC consultant.

• Laugh 10

7 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Barefoot Dreams all day???  Pretty but $$$.  Who is buying this stuff?

I don’t know. Sometimes I wonder about all those other products that “live quietly on line”, as Shawn Killinger likes to say over and over again. And the association that’s crammed down the viewer’s throat, between Barefoot Dreams and Oprah Winfrey is a predictable disincentive.

• Like 4

The PLW sweater above...are they serious???  That sweater does not say "Happy" to me.  It  looks like moths or a cat got to it.  So, the look of this sweater disturbed me so much that I had to go and check out the price.  $96.00  Wow, some brass ones right there!!!  😲

• Like 5
  • Laugh 3

18 hours ago, Boston said:

FYI.. hope i'm in the right topic.  I bought a pair of AWESOME walking Schechers for the spring.. (light gray and light pink).  They were shown on QVC for $62,50.  I got them (same ones) for $30 bucks on Zappos.  Take THAT, QVC!

mysneakers.jpg

On 2/1/2020 at 1:56 PM, JohnnyStar5 said:

Dan & Pat are a thing again. Sunday mornings  (not this week) and a show on Thursday mornings. 

I don't mind Pat.. if she would stop using the fillers and LIP plumping.  I always liked her

• Like 5

4 hours ago, hummingbird said:

the TSV,  the shirttail hem, and front pocket,  are a NO

too many design elements , its' either a casual top or dressy but they sort of combined the 2 and I don't care for the way it was done 

I'm liking this and taking your word without even looking at it.  That's how bad fashion has been on the Q.

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1