Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, selhars said:

I was listening to David say the other day (yesterday?)  that some item he was selling was the lowest price it would be for the next six months...then later (same thing).....this is the lowest price for the rest of the year. I remember thinking, "OK. Like that's supposed to make me buy it? That's some big enticement?" But to some viewers I imagine that it was, and is.

Previously posted that I succumbed to the 'One Day Only' claim on the Cook's Essential Silicone Mat. Had had my eye on it for at least couple years, always out of stock whenever I gave serious thought to buying. When finally available, and at alleged ODO pricing, sucked up paying the ridiculous S&H. Not only did it stay at the ODO price, but was in stock on a couple of subsequent Free Shipping Days. PO'd. (Have to remind myself how much I love it to justify what I paid.)

  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

Oh help me with this $50 legging!

If thin model Deanna didn't want to show her butt in it -- how are the rest of us supposed to feel?

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 5

Share this post


Link to post

They should rename this TSV “Day of Camel Toes”.  I’m plus size and there are some things I know I can’t wear——-string bikinis, thong panties (no way am I moving around with the jaws of life following me to get the floss out of my butt), hot pants and leggings.  I don’t want every fat glob, cellulite and ugly bump visible to everyone. 

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, but for those who do, there's QVC!😀 They have to offer it in plus sizes or that would be  -- or open themselves up to accusations of -- body shaming or discrimination against the obese. I can hear it now: "What you can't offer leggings or thongs in 3X?."

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Oh, I'm not saying they shouldn't offer it, and it would be a bad business decision if they didn't.  But I'm not one of those ladies who does't have body image problems, and there are a lot of clothing items that I would never wear, like leggings.  I just don't think there a good, or appropriate look for me.  

Edited by KLovestoShop
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

 It would not be a good look for me either! I would imagine we agree that some things  just do not look good on certain body types. But far be it from me to tell a 4X not to wear a bikini  or thong. These days we just have to let everyone look and dress how they want to look and dress.....And if our eyes are offended, look away.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/17/2019 at 8:23 PM, Booney said:

Once again, QVC’s snail-like shipping just boggles the mind. On 8/12, I ordered a set of drawstring gift bags. The shipment originated in California. It spent time in two different shipping centers in CA, and today, 8/17, five days later, arrived in Harrisburg, PA, a 90 minute drive from my house. The estimated delivery date? 8/22 - five days from now! I could walk to Harrisburg and back in less time! And they wonder why sales are down and they’re losing customers?

I almost had a good shipping experience with QVC, but once again, SurePost effed it up.  Ordered on 8/14, shipped 8/15, arrived in my city 8/17, but I just checked the status this morning and it said it was transferred to the wrong PO on 8/17 and that's the last tracking info available.  Grrr

  • Like 2
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

Had a long day today with a lot of travel, so I read through Louis Dell’olio’s blog on his personal website. Highly recommended if you’re interested in the designing process. I didn’t know a lot about him since he usually appears during hours I’m not at home or sleeping, but I’ve got a lot of respect for him now. I do like his clothes/jewelry although it’s not all necessarily ‘me.’

Biggest takeaway to share with you all: the man is absolutely free with the shade he throws on QVC buyers, some hosts, and others designers (or as he pointedly put it “vendors”). You have to read between the lines in some cases, but you can tell when he’s raising an eyebrow on his end of the keyboard. He did specifically say that the more reviews items get, the more likely Q will re-order something. I think a poster a few pages back had a theory that QVC has a couple of Chinese factories that pump out the goods and they assign it to certain lines/names. Louis basically confirms this in some vendor cases, as he makes a point to personally choose his fabric, has final say in the product (he talked about how if it’s not up to his quality/design specs he refuses to put his name on it) and apparently they consider him a pain since he’s choosy! He also mentioned how he makes Q nervous because his items cost more than most but the man often sells out of items before they even present them on air, so basically they have to accept him on his terms. 

He also alluded to how the peplum flared waistline situation was ridiculously out of control. He compared a lot of vendor flare-outs to hippos wearing tutus, and how he wouldn’t do that to “his ladies.” 🤣

  • Like 17
  • Useful 7

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Friday said:

I almost had a good shipping experience with QVC, but once again, SurePost effed it up.  Ordered on 8/14, shipped 8/15, arrived in my city 8/17, but I just checked the status this morning and it said it was transferred to the wrong PO on 8/17 and that's the last tracking info available.  Grrr

It's crazy, isn't it?  Not sure why the Q has such issues.

Here's my cousin (this happened earlier this year)-- she usually pays by credit card, but paid by check payment (ordered clothing--2 orders).  They said they NEVER received the checks.  The checks were never cashed either.  She called her bank to cancel both checks to be safe.  When she made repeat calls to CS, they didn't know what happened, and they told her to cancel the checks.  My cousin asked if she should wait a little longer in case there's some hold up with them processing checks for some reason, and CS said no, to cancel (as if they were sure they weren't in process).  Okay, so there's a possibility they got lost in mail, however, she lives in PA too -- about an hour away from Q's offices (the check didn't travel too far).  She also mailed them from a mail box outside post office.  Strange.  She just canceled her entire order.  We were just talking about this recently.  I asked her if her checks ever came back to her...nope.  She said she was still pissed about paying a bank fee for having to cancel the checks.

This happened to me twice --- ordered something and it never arrived.  I waited several weeks.  It could only be traced to my local post office (did it arrive...who knows??), however, both times the packages were not there (sure post).  Stolen???  Never got there/never mailed out???  CS did re-send both (new) orders to me.  I was told to mail back the items if they ever showed up.  The original orders never arrived.

Edited by Autumn Love
  • Like 1
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Is it just me, or is August the Land of Misfit TSVs?

That's funny!

And the prices on some of the clothing/shoes lately...not seeing the quality/value.  

These VC flats...$99?  Uh, nope.  Okay they're leather, but it doesn't look like there's much to them.  

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, 7EasyPayments said:

Seriously- like who besides the OAP and a model or two can wear that and look un-ridiculous. Sorry for anyone who ordered maybe you will wear it like the OAP who had super duper skinny skinny high heels with it and is herself quite thin. Anyone else please- save your money. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Did anyone buy the Fitbit Inspire when it was a TSV not too long ago?  I lost my old Fitbit and was in the market for a new one.  The TSV offered more features than my old Fitbit, was a reasonable price and came with free S/H.  Normally, I don't buy things like this from the Q because I've read so many times the items are already outdated when sold.  However, for a Fitbit, I thought it would be a good deal.  I received the Fitbit last week and don't know what to think.  First, the actual Fitbit box had a security tag like you see on high theft items in stores.  In my 30 years of shopping at the Q, I've never received an item with a security tag.  Second, the box states the Fitbit charge will last five days.  I charged mine Sunday night and started wearing it yesterday.  The charge is already down to 55%.  I'm beginning to wonder if the Fitbit was bought from a going out of business store.  Anyone have any thoughts, especially about the security tag?

  • Surprise 4

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, my3sons said:

Did anyone buy the Fitbit Inspire when it was a TSV not too long ago?  I lost my old Fitbit and was in the market for a new one.  The TSV offered more features than my old Fitbit, was a reasonable price and came with free S/H.  Normally, I don't buy things like this from the Q because I've read so many times the items are already outdated when sold.  However, for a Fitbit, I thought it would be a good deal.  I received the Fitbit last week and don't know what to think.  First, the actual Fitbit box had a security tag like you see on high theft items in stores.  In my 30 years of shopping at the Q, I've never received an item with a security tag.  Second, the box states the Fitbit charge will last five days.  I charged mine Sunday night and started wearing it yesterday.  The charge is already down to 55%.  I'm beginning to wonder if the Fitbit was bought from a going out of business store.  Anyone have any thoughts, especially about the security tag?

I would call customer service, and before your 30 day return window closes.

  • Like 4
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

The Q is wasting spending 30 minutes to present the Camuto TSV this morning.  Thirty minutes in prime viewing time.   I feel like the Q is trying to beat me into submission into purchasing it.  

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I would call customer service, and before your 30 day return window closes.

return as defective possibly gray market

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, DavidsApronStrings said:

Had a long day today with a lot of travel, so I read through Louis Dell’olio’s blog on his personal website. Highly recommended if you’re interested in the designing process. I didn’t know a lot about him since he usually appears during hours I’m not at home or sleeping, but I’ve got a lot of respect for him now. I do like his clothes/jewelry although it’s not all necessarily ‘me.’

Biggest takeaway to share with you all: the man is absolutely free with the shade he throws on QVC buyers, some hosts, and others designers (or as he pointedly put it “vendors”). You have to read between the lines in some cases, but you can tell when he’s raising an eyebrow on his end of the keyboard. He did specifically say that the more reviews items get, the more likely Q will re-order something. I think a poster a few pages back had a theory that QVC has a couple of Chinese factories that pump out the goods and they assign it to certain lines/names. Louis basically confirms this in some vendor cases, as he makes a point to personally choose his fabric, has final say in the product (he talked about how if it’s not up to his quality/design specs he refuses to put his name on it) and apparently they consider him a pain since he’s choosy! He also mentioned how he makes Q nervous because his items cost more than most but the man often sells out of items before they even present them on air, so basically they have to accept him on his terms. 

He also alluded to how the peplum flared waistline situation was ridiculously out of control. He compared a lot of vendor flare-outs to hippos wearing tutus, and how he wouldn’t do that to “his ladies.” 🤣

His line is the best when it comes to business attire.  Well made (buy your real size), flattering and wears well.  I don't like all the designs but come for the classics.  I am a fan and wait for his stuff to go on sale.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I read a Louis Del Olio blog also, a few months ago. In that one, also, he was clearly livid about some people misrepresenting (lying?) about his jewelry. I believe someone had said his beads were plastic, and not glass. As I read the piece I declare I could see smoke coming out of his ears.😀  He even mentioned it on air, something like: "And let me set the record straight. My jewelry has glass beads. NOT plastic. I don't do plastic. They're glass." I thought, " You tell 'em, Louis!" He did it very smoothly, during a presentation of some top, where he also talked about necklaces that would go with it. But he made his point.

And speaking of his jewelry. He will actually interrupt a clothing presentation to talk about his necklaces. He will cross-promote like no one else. He tells when a previewed item is coming in. He tells viewers go to the QVC website. He knows what else will go with the outfit. Oh, he's a pro alright.

I don't know him obviously, but I can't help but admire his achievement and straightforward nature. And a curt nature is not something I admire in everyone. For example. Diane Gilman  is direct, and I can't stand her....(her persona as I see it on TV, because again I don't know her personally either.)

I pray that Louis never lets QVC force him into "designing" something stupid.

These are the kinds of things I'm mostly interested in...the behind the scenes, the business, the deals, the "sausage making" that they don't want us to know about. Not whether someone's kid is on Broadway or whether it's Courtney Khondabi's birthday. UGH.

Edited by selhars
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, selhars said:

These are the kinds of things I'm mostly interested in...the behind the scenes, the business, the deals, the "sausage making" that they don't want us to know about. Not whether someone's kid is on Broadway or whether it's Courtney Khondabi's birthday. UGH.

If one of Janie’s daughters (or the Kikster) gets a job there, you can bet we’ll know EVERYTHING going on behind the scenes. We’ll hear about nonstop. 

Edited by LeeDenny
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, LeeDenny said:

we’ll know EVERYTHING going on behind the scenes.

About QVC? They still wouldn't be able to talk about the behind the scenes stuff -- why and how someone is hired, why and how it's decided who gets to stay, who can't stand who, etc.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, selhars said:

About QVC? They still wouldn't be able to talk about the behind the scenes stuff -- why and how someone is hired, why and how it's decided who gets to stay, who can't stand who, etc.

I was joking. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

"GUY" puts all his little plastic bags from the grocery store into his Recycling bins?  That's not allowed in my area because those bags "gum up" the works at the recycling center.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

That's how ignorant he is.  I'll bet he didn't read the do's and don'ts of recycling for his area!  For instance, where I live, all caps and lids need to be removed from recyclables and are not recycled, but I still see caps and lids in recylcling bins!  Most plastics are also numbered and #5s are not recycled where I live either.  Most plastics #1 and #2 only.

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Oh dear, I think we have another entry for the Gifts of Spite poll, in the holiday category - the Temp-Tations Harvest Platter.

603DB6A2-B496-4095-A0F5-73898222B96E.thumb.jpeg.1dbd0bb1f5b4904d59e2606d124bde5b.jpeg

497791F3-3CED-4329-8A72-64AB28848FAC.thumb.jpeg.24a5161c2bd653e0ce0374cc34d5709d.jpeg

Btw, did you know that it’s “stinkin’ cute”?

Edited by Booney
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 14
  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Don't know about anyone else, but to me "Harvest" is not a good descriptor for that platter.

I have a friend who would call it cutesie tootsie. I can’t imagine cluttering up my home with that crap. 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

It doesn't even look novelty.  Nothing cute or whimsical about it.  Looks like junk.  Back to the drawing board for Tara T and her Mums who helps her with this line.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, Lady J said:

I have a friend who would call it cutesie tootsie. I can’t imagine cluttering up my home with that crap. 

And given the recent trends (ie. a lot of people under the age of, say, 35 don't care about owning a large matchy-matchy-themed dish set, whether it's fine china or Temptations, plus the Marie Kondo phenomenon), the odds are good it will eventually end up at a Goodwill or Salvation Army location.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, letusprocrastinate said:

And given the recent trends (ie. a lot of people under the age of, say, 35 don't care about owning a large matchy-matchy-themed dish set, whether it's fine china or Temptations, plus the Marie Kondo phenomenon), the odds are good it will eventually end up at a Goodwill or Salvation Army location.

Right, I hardly use my own nice china, and I still have my mom’s. While it’s lovely, Ijust don’t entertain that much anymore. It’s probably time to donate, if they even want it. 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

LOL - I went to lunch and a visit to a local antique store with friends, and I had to laugh when I saw several "antique" Temp-tations products!

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 11
  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post

Yes, definitely, I would think that Temptations skews to an older demographic.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

LOL - I went to lunch and a visit to a local antique store with friends, and I had to laugh when I saw several "antique" Temp-tations products!

I recently went to the QVC outlet store in Lancaster, PA, and the kitchen section was loaded with Temp-tations products, all returns I’m guessing. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Booney said:

I recently went to the QVC outlet store in Lancaster, PA, and the kitchen section was loaded with Temp-tations products, all returns I’m guessing. 

Maybe the Temp- Tations lovers go into a trance like I do with Lock & Lock. At least L&L is useful.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Booney said:

Oh dear, I think we have another entry for the Gifts of Spite poll, in the holiday category - the Temp-Tations Harvest Platter.

497791F3-3CED-4329-8A72-64AB28848FAC.thumb.jpeg.24a5161c2bd653e0ce0374cc34d5709d.jpeg

Btw, did you know that it’s “stinkin’ cute”?

That owl looks shocked and appalled at being called stinkin cute. 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Booney said:

I recently went to the QVC outlet store in Lancaster, PA, and the kitchen section was loaded with Temp-tations products, all returns I’m guessing. 

I was there about two years ago and wasn’t impressed. It was a cluttered, unorganized mess. I did see a lot of Temptations, flameless candles and that awful tablet looking video game that they bring out every Christmas. 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

they must have ordered millions of the Slatkin fruit basket candles, they are cute but now going into the 2nd year---

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder if their successful flameless candles effected sales of real candles?

  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

Hey, that thong bodysuit is a Lunchtime Special today for $15 "and change."  Get yours NOW!!!! 😛

  • Laugh 5
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Hey, that thong bodysuit is a Lunchtime Special today for $15 "and change."  Get yours NOW!!!! 😛

Can you wear it with the Lisa Rinna striped top? 🙂 

  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

Along with the green Lug bag that has been a PTS for weeks now.  I wonder how long that will sit there.  Guess they need to move them out of inventory. 

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Hey, that thong bodysuit is a Lunchtime Special today for $15 "and change."  Get yours NOW!!!! 😛

I wonder if that will appeal to the 86-year-old caller who was just on the air?

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Something about Tara Tesher creeps me out.  I'm not exactly sure what it is.

Could be the teeth. (with that fake smile)  They somehow look sharp and unsettling, almost vampirish, as though she could sink those fangs deep into David Venable's considerable neck.

Her eyes too are kind of scary.  Like you just wouldn't want to cross this woman under any circumstance.

  • Laugh 6
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

TT always rubs me the wrong way, but DV loves her!  Definitely a channel changer when she's on.  I'm still waiting for Temptations to crash on the set for some kind of sick satisfaction.

I do get a little satisfaction when some of you mention how it's piled up in the Q outlets or other close out stores!

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, Bronx Babe said:

Something about Tara Tesher creeps me out.  I'm not exactly sure what it is.

Could be the teeth. (with that fake smile)  They somehow look sharp and unsettling, almost vampirish, as though she could sink those fangs deep into David Venable's considerable neck.

Her eyes too are kind of scary.  Like you just wouldn't want to cross this woman under any circumstance.

David's neck could host the entire Cullen family (Twilight fan here🧛‍♀️🧛‍♂️).

  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/20/2019 at 9:06 AM, my3sons said:

Did anyone buy the Fitbit Inspire when it was a TSV not too long ago?  I lost my old Fitbit and was in the market for a new one.  The TSV offered more features than my old Fitbit, was a reasonable price and came with free S/H.  Normally, I don't buy things like this from the Q because I've read so many times the items are already outdated when sold.  However, for a Fitbit, I thought it would be a good deal.  I received the Fitbit last week and don't know what to think.  First, the actual Fitbit box had a security tag like you see on high theft items in stores.  In my 30 years of shopping at the Q, I've never received an item with a security tag.  Second, the box states the Fitbit charge will last five days.  I charged mine Sunday night and started wearing it yesterday.  The charge is already down to 55%.  I'm beginning to wonder if the Fitbit was bought from a going out of business store.  Anyone have any thoughts, especially about the security tag?

I bought one. My box also had a security tag on it. So far, I've found the charge lasts about 3-4 days before it gets low enough that I recharge it. I think what might help is if you don't have it constantly "syncing" with your phone app all day. I turned that feature off. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, pawsodoom said:

I bought one. My box also had a security tag on it. So far, I've found the charge lasts about 3-4 days before it gets low enough that I recharge it. I think what might help is if you don't have it constantly "syncing" with your phone app all day. I turned that feature off. 

you could try the fitbit community boards and see if it's a common problem,  they are very active boards 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Having read about  LouisDell’olio’ s blog here I googled him and saw he has fashions on Walmart.com. Maybe the rejects from the Q or a different line all together. I was looking at his line on the Q and he has quite a few tiered flounce skirts in camo and other prints. Not what I would want but maybe there is someone. TSV jacket from cuddl duds look faded to me. I bought 2 pair of their pjs and they lasted 1 season. They are soft but pill terrible making the fabric feel stiff after several washings.  

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size