Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

New Kourtney is on with the D&B rep right now. I think she going to be a good one. She's still fresh out of the box so her presentation borders on technical aspects of the items. She's finding her way, but as long as she takes cues from the right people at the Q (and avoids the Shawns, Kerstins, and Carolyns of the yard) she'll be fine.

I've bought my wife several D&B purses in the past (she especially liked the hobo bag), and this Pouchette bag may need to go into her collection.

• Like 16

Yes, she seems to be the most professional of the bunch. So far she's gotten a thumb's up from the majority here. ?

Besides which, Abu Dabi is such a great/unique nickname, I'd keep her on that basis alone.

• Like 14

8 minutes ago, DownTheShore said:

Yes, she seems to be the most professional of the bunch. So far she's gotten a thumb's up from the majority here. ?

Besides which, Abu Dabi is such a great/unique nickname, I'd keep her on that basis alone.

• Like 4

New Court is definitely not that bad. Q or HSN have long been my background noise, as I leave a TV on all night.  But "noise" does not mean screeching, shrieking, whining or gargling.....I woke up today with her on and it was almost mellifluous. 

And yes, NuSandra makes the older model sound as if she's reciting Shakespearean sonnets at the Old Vic... 

• Like 19

8 hours ago, CueVeeCeeGirl said:

LOL at "Night Pillow"

I've been using silk pillowcases for years. Why do I need an ugly black silk pillow?

and the creator is absolutely dreadful at presenting. She needs an OAP. Badly.

me too!

• Like 7

7 hours ago, BecomingLimited said:

I think Harry's beard jumped the shark with Aims. She said that the male hairdresser who styled her tonight (okay already this sentence is all kinds of nonsense) confessed that he loves to wear midnight fleur and gets loads of compliments. Aims hard a hard time returning that serve.

Edited by hummingbird · Reason: nm
  • Like 4

Yesterday,  Don't-Call-Me-Dyson-Susie said she will be on the Q air after the new year.  I'm thinking either BeautyIQ host or repping a new high end skincare/cosmetic line?  Surely a step up from a vacuum.

Always got a Donna Reed vibe from her, vacuuming in a dress and often heels....

• Like 14

Leah is often guilty of this and did it again today.  She muffles her voice with the high necked tops and scarves wrapped around her neck 3 times.  Come on, Leah.  My hearing is not that great anymore.

• Like 11

Looks like Josie shopped Victoria’s Secret’s lingerie for her dress. What a contrast with Leah’s velour top and scarf. Leah looks appropriately dressed for the season. Josie? Oh wait, she is wearing red...

566A0B1B-3475-4B6E-8E78-DC51C9CA6056.thumb.jpeg.59d3d20a2b4e173aef7ce942728311cf.jpeg

• Like 23

Josie just told us that argan oil “makes us all juicy again - it juicifies us.” Oh no, another word to add to the QVC dictionary, alongside such entries as “curvation” - “juicify.”

• Like 22

15 minutes ago, Booney said:

Looks like Josie shopped Victoria’s Secret’s lingerie for her dress. What a contrast with Leah’s velour top and scarf. Leah looks appropriately dressed for the season. Josie? Oh wait, she is wearing red...

566A0B1B-3475-4B6E-8E78-DC51C9CA6056.thumb.jpeg.59d3d20a2b4e173aef7ce942728311cf.jpeg

Josie Moron just rolled out of bed after a hot date and Leah is dressed for the Iditterod.  (I know I mangled that spelling.  ?)

• Like 24

39 minutes ago, Booney said:

Josie just told us that argan oil “makes us all juicy again - it juicifies us.” Oh no, another word to add to the QVC dictionary, alongside such entries as “curvation” - “juicify.”

download.jpg.c8f82d05742dc2c3b023189e062b2bfa.jpg

• Like 18

Watched Shawn's birthday bagel barfathon video. Unless she got two manicures this week that did not happen on the day she says it did. Her nails eating the bagel are copper/gold, not the dark she had post popped off nails last week. Amiright? She's done this before. Sloppy liar.

Edited by BecomingLimited
  • Like 14

I want to see Alberti on with Josie Moron, wearing a strapless top and massage her oil over his entire upper body.  That would be worth watching.

• Like 11

Please forgive me in advance :

David petting a Berkshire Blanket. ...

This is the softest thing I've ever touched in my life.

I can think of a couple things you've never touched...  

• Like 22

7 hours ago, Omisix said:
7 hours ago, DownTheShore said:

FWIW, I hate that nickname.

2 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Always got a Donna Reed vibe from her, vacuuming in a dress and often heels....

Yeah, if I'm honest, probably the only problem I have with her is her clothing choices.  I think they're awful as a rule.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Booney said:

The last few times JM has been on air, she has worn these clevage brag dresses with the necklace that just so happens to drop right down the center.  This is so incredibly inappropriate that you need a new word for inappropriate.  The obvious message is buy this goop and you too can look like a $100 hooker.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 19

2 hours ago, Booney said:

This is probably an example of a post that should be in the Product Demonstration thread.  I forget it's there.

• Like 6

I read an online article about the rise of Slick Josie's Argon Empire.  I'll go back and try to find it and add the link.  

She mentions that she's a different person than what she portrays on the Q - that she shops at Bebe for her skimpy low cleavage  dresses for on air.  Said that at home she's casual and blue jeans. 

She also said that she and hubby (ex now?) Bought something like 10 acres of land near the Q and built their home just before the birth of one of her children.  She said when she went into labor she, hubby and a group of friends went out into the woods of her property and she gave birth leaning against a tree surrounded by family & friends.

Not sure how much of the whole article is just another "tale" that she's made up just like her "finding this French woman with great skin and asking her secret.  Arrrrrrgon oil!!" spin.

Edit to add link to article.  I was wrong about her acreage -- she claims it's 300 acres they bought just 10 minutes from the Q.

intothegloss.com/2014/08/josie-maran-

2nd edit ... sorry link is not working as I embedded it.  I'll work on that.

Edited by brini · Reason: Add link
  • Like 17

45 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

What a contrast with Leah’s velour top and scarf.

^^This^^is what the high ground looks like.

Thanks Leah

• Like 19

1 hour ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Please forgive me in advance :

David petting a Berkshire Blanket. ...

This is the softest thing I've ever touched in my life.

I can think of a couple things you've never touched...  

should have waited till my husband ate his soup first before reading this to him

thanks for the laugh!!!

• Like 13

@Phronsie, I'm so happy you decided to dive in.

The water's fine!

shark-swims-by-animated-gif copy.gif

20 hours ago, Jaded said:

That thread got locked. Now we have this subdivided SCS forum with multiple threads. 

It can still be accessed to read; you just can't post to it.

• Like 14

3 hours ago, Booney said:

I had a nightgown that looked exactly like that red "dress".

The nightgown is what caused any "juicifying" - not Argon oil.  ?

2 hours ago, BecomingLimited said:

Watched Shawn's birthday bagel barfathon video. Unless she got two manicures this week that did not happen on the day she says it did. Her nails eating the bagel are copper/gold, not the dark she had post popped off nails last week. Amiright? She's done this before. Sloppy liar.

I noticed that, too!  And last night, on air, she had the "post pop-off" deep red nails.  Lying liar who lies even about eating a bagel for her birthday.

• Like 18

I received my Malden Mills Polarfleece Solid Sheet Set with Extra Pillowcases TSV the other day. I finally put them on the bed last night and I must say they were great. They were so soft. The sheets weren’t heavy and I was surprised how warm they kept me. Overall, a great purchase and I’m covered for winter.....if it ever comes to the Philly area. I’m sure I could have gone to BB&B and bought them but it did save me some time.

P.S.: I was totally surprised they came with extra pillowcases. I didn’t even know that was part of the deal. So much for me paying attention. There is usually so much yapping going on that I tune the Host and OAP out. LOL!!!!!!!

Edited by ByaNose
  • Like 18

36 minutes ago, Snark Byte said:

It can still be accessed to read; you just can't post to it.

Yep. 

1 hour ago, brini said:

I read an online article about the rise of Slick Josie's Argon Empire.  I'll go back and try to find it and add the link.  

She mentions that she's a different person than what she portrays on the Q - that she shops at Bebe for her skimpy low cleavage  dresses for on air.  Said that at home she's casual and blue jeans. 

She also said that she and hubby (ex now?) Bought something like 10 acres of land near the Q and built their home just before the birth of one of her children.  She said when she went into labor she, hubby and a group of friends went out into the woods of her property and she gave birth leaning against a tree surrounded by family & friends.

Not sure how much of the whole article is just another "tale" that she's made up just like her "finding this French woman with great skin and asking her secret.  Arrrrrrgon oil!!" spin.

Edit to add link to article.  I was wrong about her acreage -- she claims it's 300 acres they bought just 10 minutes from the Q.

intothegloss.com/2014/08/josie-maran-

2nd edit ... sorry link is not working as I embedded it.  I'll work on that.

https://intothegloss.com/2014/08/josie-maran-makeup/

• Like 8

thank you Jaded.  Appreciate you fixing/adding my link.  I couldn't get it right and I'm in the middle of crazy Saturday college football here in town.  I fill my front & back with cars of fans for the game for  $50 buck per car -- my Christmas fund.  (crazy that people are willing to pay that for a parking spot,  but I'm very close to the stadium and it's this going rate among all the neighbors)

• Like 13

Is it just me, or does that Josie Moron article meet ALL of the criteria for Narcissistic Personality Disorder?  We get it; you're special... There's too much snark there, I just don't have the ambition to lay it all out...

Holy cat pooh!  I just went to Kohls.com and MALLY is there now!!!! What the heck??? 

Edited by leFay · Reason: Breaking Mally news (for me, anyway)...
  • Like 19

2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

The last few times JM has been on air, she has worn these clevage brag dresses with the necklace that just so happens to drop right down the center.  This is so incredibly inappropriate that you need a new word for inappropriate.  The obvious message is buy this goop and you too can look like a $100 hooker.

Is that $100 per hour or a flat $100 per session?  There is a difference....  

• Like 16

JM acts like there is only ONE physical Argan nut bush in the entire world. Now, she claims the oil of 1,000 Argan nuts go into each and every bottle. The nuts take 14 years to grow. She's not the only one selling the stuff. I call BS on her tall tales.

• Like 22

5 minutes ago, Girlydiva53 said:

JM acts like there is only ONE physical Argan nut bush in the entire world. Now, she claims the oil of 1,000 Argan nuts go into each and every bottle. The nuts take 14 years to grow. She's not the only one selling the stuff. I call BS on her tall tales.

i agree !!!

• Like 12

7 hours ago, hummingbird said:

http://6abc.com/business/going-inside-qvc-with-6abc/2593958/

if you are interested,  your basic dumbed down, video on the Q,  I couldn't watch as my flash isn't working but passing along

Even as a puff piece, it was worth watching. What was most interesting to me was seeing the line producer in action - talking into the host’s earpiece telling him/her what to say. I knew the producers did that, but seeing it made me realize how much they tell the hosts what to say. Makes me wonder if the hosts say anything original at all.

Edited by Booney
  • Like 16

2 minutes ago, Booney said:

Even as a puff piece, it was worth watching. What was most interesting to me was seeing the line producer in action - talking into the host’s earpiece telling them what to say. I knew the producers did that, but seeing it made me realize how much they tell the hosts what to say. Makes me wonder if the hosts say anything original at all.

interesting  

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Kamerakrazy said:

love jenn, but i can NOT watch josie !!!!  ugh ugh ugh

I watched some of it, mainly to get some new Jenimations (posted in the Shopping Channel Hosts forum).

• Like 9

I finally tried on my Clarks TSV boots. They’re comfortable, but they’re going back. I’m finding that I can get into a size 8.5 instead of my regular 9, so I’m going to exchange them for a smaller size. They’re pretty comfortable for a wedge. 

These are also calling my name. 

• Like 7

Amy's blouse is soooo unattractive. And her hair. It's like she is intentionally looking terrible.

Jill's depression and existential despair is palpable. She's definitely on the verge of losing it. I hope she can get out before we witness any more of her tension. For the empaths among us, it is brutal. Hang tight, dear Dour.

(I'd also love to see her in a different color palette. The jewel tones and black aren't right for her. A pretty woman, but misguided wardrobe choices all around.)

Edited by sauce62
  • Like 19

Jill's darkness is too palpable.  These are Christmas shows and she is supposed to make me cheery and spend money.  

I feel like the Great Recession is coming and I should hoard my savings. ....

• Like 17

Hooray!!!!!  Josie's TSV just sold out.  There was a loud cheer that was heard in the studio when Ames announced this.  Guess we're not the only ones who are happy that they won't have to watch her slather herself with her lotions all evening.    I heard Josie say that she would be happy if it did sell JJJJJJ2xx.jpg.15e4cdbc62043e25f3cfc9046d05e097.jpgout as she had been "up all night".  She certainly was dressed like she was.   Her final outfit, I guess she was hoping that the naughty  look of "I'm not wearing anything under this" was going to help sell.  Greasy should know that most guys are watching football (and not you) at this time of day.  I also found it interesting to watch throughout the day her necklace slide lower and lower towards her pseudo cleavage.  Guess it was all of the greasiness.   In her final presentation it looked like the necklace even gave up.  I see she must have raided Skunky's locker, as she's wearing a pair of those oh so familiar tassel earrings that the Skunky (I don't wear earrings) has become so fond of recently.   

Oh no!   Ames just said that Greasy isn't going anywhere, she'll be back for two more hours at 7 pm.   Really??? Why??????

Guess the Q must have stockpiles of her "products" hanging around in the warehouse they want to get rid of.  Well, there's two more hours of my life I won't have to waste, time to see what's on Netflix! 

Edited by zoemom
  • Like 17

Even as a puff piece, it was worth watching. What was most interesting to me was seeing the line producer in action - talking into the host’s earpiece telling him/her what to say. I knew the producers did that, but seeing it made me realize how much they tell the hosts what to say. Makes me wonder if the hosts say anything original at all.

Right? I always figured the producers just fed them information in regards to quantities, limited sizes etc., or they interjected if an OAP was babbling and the segment needed to get moving. I didn't realize they were hand-holding them throughout the entire presentation: "Pick jar up. Turn it a quarter of an inch. Dab cream on your hand. Smile. Look at camera. Tell people it's the best stuff ever." I mean, damn, you'd think these hosts are experienced enough by now that they wouldn't need babysitting. 

• Like 18

5 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I received my Malden Mills Polarfleece Solid Sheet Set with Extra Pillowcases TSV the other day. I finally put them on the bed last night and I must say they were great. They were so soft. The sheets weren’t heavy and I was surprised how warm they kept me. Overall, a great purchase and I’m covered for winter.....if ever comes in the Philly area. I’m sure I could have gone to BB&B and bought the them but it did save me the time.

P.S.: I was totally surprised they came with extra pillowcases. I didn’t even know that was part of the deal. So much for me paying attention. There is usually so much yapping going on that I tune the Host and OAP out. LOL!!!!!!!

I ordered those sheets also....put them on the bed a few nights ago.  They truly are verrrry nice.  Glad I bought them.  

Yes...I can say nice things, too!

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Right? I always figured the producers just fed them information in regards to quantities, limited sizes etc., or they interjected if an OAP was babbling and the segment needed to get moving. I didn't realize they were hand-holding them throughout the entire presentation: "Pick jar up. Turn it a quarter of an inch. Dab cream on your hand. Smile. Look at camera. Tell people it's the best stuff ever." I mean, damn, you'd think these hosts are experienced enough by now that they wouldn't need babysitting. 

How to explain Skunky's brainless babble?  She must just ignore whatever instructions they're giving her, as usual.

• Like 16