Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

6 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Saw these today on QVC's website.  Thoughts?

a361544.jpg

a361550.jpg

a361828.jpg

Are pointy boots making a comeback?  Or is this just the Q trying to be ahead of the trends which usually means out of style.  I'm still waiting for flare leg jeans to replace the skinny jeans/slim leg I still see everywhere on men and women for at least the last 3-4 years.

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 10

6 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

a361544.jpg

a361550.jpg

a361828.jpg

I would have worn the floral pair in my 20s or 30s, back when they would have cost maybe $27. Still think they're cute, but not worth a measurable chunk of my retiree income. Bottom shoe, although too pointy for my toes, could look stunning with the right outfit. However, it also looks like a cartoon foot.

• Like 12

7 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

a361544.jpg

a361550.jpg

a361828.jpg

I personally don't do well on that pointed heel, would that be called a kitten heel?  Had a pair once and never bought that heel style again.  I kept falling off to one side or the other??    I could see someone else wearing them and would think it was stylish, though. 

I like the top shoe, heel wise, but I'd need to have it in a totally different color and pattern..... ?  Snerk.

Edited by Fishy
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Phronsie said:

Hi everyone...I'm new here.  I've lurked for such a long time that it feels like I know most of you already....and I finally decided it was time to show myself.  And I heard a rumor there were cookies.

Hey, welcome!! in or out whatever the case may be and yes, my dear, you heard right!!! Hee  ?

• Like 15

As someone else said, those TSV patterns are...a commitment.  (I'm still convinced that her printed fabrics are, for the most part, close-out yardage that the fabric mill has deeply discounted.  I kinardly believe that someone would have them printed on purpose).  ymmv

Also Gravuh insists on wearing those hippy dippy bell-bottomed jeans, but she's caught the monitor enough to realize that if she's tucking in a shirt, she had better hold a garment in front of dat azz!

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 14

6 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

As someone else said, those TSV patterns are...a commitment.  (I'm still convinced that her printed fabrics are, for the most part, close-out yardage that the fabric mill has deeply discounted.  I kinardly believe that someone would have them printed on purpose).  ymmv

Also Gravuh insists on wearing those hippy dippy bell-bottomed jeans, but she's caught the monitor enough to realize that if she's tucking in a shirt, she had better hold a garment in front of dat azz!

LOL  Very diplomatic!

But Susan is an artist, ya know -- maybe she designed those patterns!

• Like 13

10 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

A commitment made 30 years ago. Ughly IMO. The faux veer-sachee print reminds me of a 1990's hip hop star's bathroom on MTV Cribs. 

For someone who talks constantly (about everything and) about carrying her weight in her "rear" she sure does love to show us all that and more.

All the models look they are about to burst out laughing. But I guess she really moves product and butters some bread. 

I like to think Pat is on her second cocktail right about now. 

• Like 19

2 minutes ago, BecomingLimited said:

A commitment made 30 years ago. Ughly IMO. The faux veer-sachee print reminds me of a 1990's hip hop star's bathroom on MTV Cribs. 

For someone who talks constantly (about everything and) about carrying her weight in her "rear" she sure does love to show us all that and more.

All the models look they are about to burst out laughing. But I guess she really moves product and butters some bread. 

Haha!  Made me giggle.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, BecomingLimited said:

Screw liquid knit, someone needs to take Pat out for a liquid lunch! ?

Ok, I'll take one for the team and take Pat to lunch.  Anyone want me to stop and pick them up on the double decker party bus?

• Like 20

4 minutes ago, my3sons said:

Ok, I'll take one for the team and take Pat to lunch.  Anyone want me to stop and pick them up on the double decker party bus?

Beep beep and I'll run right out! 

• Like 14

32 minutes ago, BecomingLimited said:

Beep beep and I'll run right out! 

Yeah, let's get Pat liquored up, maybe we can get some good Q gossip.

• Like 18

6 minutes ago, Lady J said:

Yeah, let's get Pat liquored up, maybe we can get some good Q gossip.

In a pinch, Kevin O'Leary can provide some wine. Get him liquored up too, and he might dish some dirt on Lori Greiner...

59fcb17fd0f52_KevinOLearyWines.jpg.763f571e1f254a2e00d12b144ae8dda6.jpg

• Like 19

Gravuh's shoes? $575, Stuart Weitzman, never pill, never fade. She probably keeps her expensive shoes for "black tie events", "engagement parties" and "dinner with people you've never met".

pearlbac_blasue_12.jpg

Edited by BecomingLimited · Reason: Brand name
  • Like 11

17 minutes ago, Aerohalen said:

what happened to the other forum?

That thread got locked. Now we have this subdivided SCS forum with multiple threads. 

Edited by Jaded
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, Booney said:

Oy vey! The OAP is stroking the fur trim on the hat like a madwoman, and Kerstin looks bizarre in the hat. The way her hands are positioned, they look like someone’s man hands grabbing her boobs from behind her.

ABB9FCC3-6873-4FDC-8B4B-5ECF0AFA78D9.thumb.jpeg.fcd16683842a788c384dba6e76b1a4eb.jpeg

Sports fan that I am, I am seeing Kerstink as an offensive  (yup, pun intended) lineman for a 1920s football team.  Looks like a leather helmet to me.

2 hours ago, mpeeps said:

One of the most bizarre Graver prints has to be this one of the hairy gremlin fly moth-like creature that stares out from the center of your stomach if you wore it.  Frightening.

59fcb6f5ef876_qvc60.jpg.241a79e1514648eeb71234e700007b8d.jpg

For those days when indigestion is getting to you and you want the world to know it?

Edited by Denver Hoosier
  • Like 24

I’m not a fan of th TSV. I hate turtlenecks with a passion, but Graver’s clothes just look matronly. She talks about how schoolteachers and other professional women love her clothes, but all I can picture are little old ladies who don’t like denim. 

• Like 16

4 hours ago, mpeeps said:

One of the most bizarre Graver prints has to be this one of the hairy gremlin fly moth-like creature that stares out from the center of your stomach if you wore it.  Frightening.

59fcb6f5ef876_qvc60.jpg.241a79e1514648eeb71234e700007b8d.jpg

I actually think that's one of the least kooky ones.

• Like 8

19 hours ago, DownTheShore said:

Jane just said that the upcoming Graver TSV is the last Graver TSV of the year. Didn't she always have a coat one on on Thanksgiving?

Just got home, turned the TV on and there's Grater on with Feh and those ugly mock/not turtlenecks, because Grater knows her "ladies" don't like wearing turtlenecks.  Feh was trying to get a word in edgewise, (actually she didn't do too bad keeping Grater in line) and said "they're all selling out, there's only XL-3X available.  Then when they flashed the color grids (don't know what they really call those green/yellow/red graphics that allegedly show what's still remaining) all of the tops were still available and not just in XL to 3X.   

Grater must think her "ladies" are all idiots or blind (well maybe for this occassion being blind would be a blessing, definitely would be spared from all those busy patterns on her fugly tops).  No Susan, I don't believe anyone thought Blabby was wearing Versace last night, a bullseye, yes, Versace, not so much.  Once again we get to hear how she gets inspiration copies for her prints based on what she sees when she goes to window shop purchase at the real designer stores.

Feh just said that "this is the last TSV from Susan until next year, on this channel.  They she and Grater looked at one another and giggled a bit.    As I mentioned upthread, I figured they would be pulling another Grater TSV on Q2, probably like last year around Thanksgiving.  Figured Grater couldn't pass up adding more to her coffers just before the "holidays".

• Like 17

Yep zoemom ... Graver was no way going to leave $$ on the table and not do her Thanksgiving TSV to be with family for the holiday.  (plus as previously mentioned, her family likely enjoys their turkey & some quiet time with her gone for 24 hours)

Graver & host did that same wink & a nod giggle about 'not on this channel, but check Q2' comment a few weeks ago too.   I suppose it's good strategy for the Q to try to draw more customers to Q2 and hope that they will tune in and become regular viewers there too.  

Every time I surfed by today,  it was another 2-3 hour Graver show.  The woman just never shuts up ... even almost 24 hours later she is like a chipmunk on crack.  Hate that she always asks the camera to 'please come in for a close shot of this fabric',  then immediately starts jangling & shaking the item at close up range.   If I don't look away fast enough it hurts my eyeballs to see the pyschodelic  flashes of too much everything.

• Like 19

7 hours ago, BecomingLimited said:

Susan Graver's prints are HIDEOUS, especially the ones on the tulip top. They look like rejects. I can't believe ANYONE would buy/wear these.

59 minutes ago, zoemom said:

Just got home, turned the TV on and there's Grater on with Feh and those ugly mock/not turtlenecks, because Grater knows her "ladies" don't like wearing turtlenecks.  Feh was trying to get a word in edgewise, (actually she didn't do too bad keeping Grater in line) and said "they're all selling out, there's only XL-3X available.  Then when they flashed the color grids (don't know what they really call those green/yellow/red graphics that allegedly show what's still remaining) all of the tops were still available and not just in XL to 3X.   

Grater must think her "ladies" are all idiots or blind (well maybe for this occassion being blind would be a blessing, definitely would be spared from all those busy patterns on her fugly tops).  No Susan, I don't believe anyone thought Blabby was wearing Versace last night, a bullseye, yes, Versace, not so much.  Once again we get to hear how she gets inspiration copies for her prints based on what she sees when she goes to window shop purchase at the real designer stores.

Feh just said that "this is the last TSV from Susan until next year, on this channel.  They she and Grater looked at one another and giggled a bit.    As I mentioned upthread, I figured they would be pulling another Grater TSV on Q2, probably like last year around Thanksgiving.  Figured Grater couldn't pass up adding more to her coffers just before the "holidays".

SG is delusional. NO ONE would compare her cheap polyester fugly prints to a high-end designer.

• Like 11

Just now, with the sound muted, I had a crazy hard time figuring out if that was nuSandra (Cathy P.) or old Sandra (Sandra B.) on the Q. The resemblance is creepy. Of course, with the sound on, I can tell the difference with my eyes closed.

Bless her heart, the biggest threat to nuSandra's TV career was the invention of talkies.

• Like 11

8 hours ago, mpeeps said:

Thought kerSTINK was Skunky for a second.  Not the first time that's happened.

They are starting to merge a bit at times. I've had to do a double-take or two.

????????????

10 hours ago, Phronsie said:

Hi everyone...I'm new here.  I've lurked for such a long time that it feels like I know most of you already....and I finally decided it was time to show myself.  And I heard a rumor there were cookies.

Welcome, Phronsie!  ???? ?

• Like 8

44 minutes ago, HissyFit said:

Just now, with the sound muted, I had a crazy hard time figuring out if that was nuSandra (Cathy P.) or old Sandra (Sandra B.) on the Q. The resemblance is creepy. Of course, with the sound on, I can tell the difference with my eyes closed.

Bless her heart, the biggest threat to nuSandra's TV career was the invention of talkies.

A masterful sentence! ? ?

• Like 9

LOL at "Night Pillow"

I've been using silk pillowcases for years. Why do I need an ugly black silk pillow?

and the creator is absolutely dreadful at presenting. She needs an OAP. Badly.

Edited by CueVeeCeeGirl
  • Like 10

8 hours ago, Bronxie Babe said:

Professor Feh assured us:  "It isn't your typical Halloween candy corn, but larger in size and refreshingly not too sweet"

I lit'rally clonked my head on the kitchen counter at that sentence.   She is a piece of work, that one.

• Like 16

11 hours ago, Phronsie said:

Puddy's in charge of the cookies. ?   I myself am nursing an Amaretto over ice before bed.  It's been one of those days.

Welcome aboard ?

• Like 16

19 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

a361544.jpg

a361550.jpg

a361828.jpg

#2 and #3 boots I could easily see in a period movie around the year 1900. 

• Like 13

16 hours ago, Booney said:

It’s nice to see Louis Dell’Olio on this morning with more than one item. It’s not so nice to see the same old Qrap (Philosophy - I’m looking at you). After a hiatus for vacation and getting caught up, I come back to the same old junk being sold ad infinitum - ugh.

Speaking of Philosophy, maybe I’m becoming an old curmudgeon, but I get especially annoyed when the host or OAP has to read the inane “stories” from the Philosophy bottles. I really don’t care to hear Gingerbread Man's story, you know what I’m sayin’?

That was sort of cute for the first 5 minutes. Years later, I don't have time for that nonsense. 

I don't know who's watching the Philosophy shows anymore. Everyone has seen the bowl of suds a gazillion times. For Philosophy to still be on air so much, they've got to have good sales but it makes me SMH. It's bubble bath. 

• Like 16

Skunky needs to "Step Away From The Makeup Chair".  She's got her hooker face on tonight.  

There's a promo for ITKWD, and there's a still shot of Diva and Unnecessary Mary, where she looks nude from the waist down.  Don't they think about that stuff?  

Thanks to everyone who posted to my question on how to clean the CC Foundation from my brushes.  I purchased the gel bumpy thingies from Amazon.  I really like the CC Foundation from iT because I have a lot of flaws on my face, and their CC covers it best, but it's rough on brushes. When Jamie Kern Lima still ran the show, the brushes were really good and strong and the bristles didn't come out. But now, the brushes are cheaper and when you apply the CC, if you're not careful, you wind up looking like ZZ Top.  So, I'm trying to keep the old brushes as long as I can.  

• Like 20

3 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

She's got her hooker face on tonight.  

When she was on Halloween night, I honestly thought she had some kind of special unblended make-up on to go with her springy antennae she was sporting. Apparently it wasn't. She dons that bright red lipstick like a 6-year old girl finding her mom's make-up kit for the first time. A complete embarrassment to QVC.

• Like 24

I had a little trouble finding my way here, but I made it.  I didn't see the new QVC section the first time around. 

Booney --- not only are ya back, but ya FUNNY tonight!  That post about rockin' the bouffant -- I burst out laughing...and just kept on laughing.  The kitty is so adorable and was so unexpected.  While scrolling down from Laura's photo, I'm expecting to see another woman with that hairstyle--seeing the cat just made it more humorous. 

Ladyrain -- OMG, that sounds so good...Amaretto & ice!  I also like it mixed with some lemon/lime soda.  Ooh...I haven't had that in a long time.  Now I'm craving that drink...LOL!  Gonna have to make a stop for a bottle at the State Store tomorrow while out and about doing errands.

I just tuned in a little while ago.  I see Shawn's still into the humungo earrings...I'm not getting that look.  I don't see anyone wearing huge dangling earrings like that (day/night).  And, what's with the extra heavy makeup?   So annoying.  So strange.  Channel change.

• Like 19

I see Shitstreaks is wearing the same dress she wore on Tuesday (her Halloween getup) for the Crisco Kid TSV.  I hate those earrings.

It's the Duel of the Two Ditzes.  The Shittish just smeared enough of that salt scrub crap on her hands to "scrub" her entire body.  With her rings on.  Idiot.  She's a scrubbin' and a scrubbin', then trying to wash it off in a bowl of water.  Meanwhile, Josie the Moron, is blathering away.  Shitstreaks moves off camera, apparently to hand the bowl to someone, then she's back trying desperately to wash that crap off and giving someone the stinkeye.  Apparently none of the stage minions had a towel handy for her or were waiting to take the bowl.  Greasy was oblivious to the drama and kept blathering and slathering on.

Edited by CarpeDiem54 · Reason: ONLY SEVEN WEEKS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!!!!
  • Like 18

2 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Puddy's in charge of the cookies. ?   I myself am nursing an Amaretto over ice before bed.  It's been one of those days.

Welcome aboard ?

Amaretto (Disarrono) and orange juice is my preferred combo. Covers the fruit portion of the food pyramid. ?

Two hours of D&B! The Q's cure for insomnia? AbuDabi is the host; one of those bags was so big she could probably fit in it.

Looks like Christmas trees are creeping up to the outside of one of the studio set windows. Cue the "Jaws" theme. Now, after a break, they're shilling in front of set windows with a view of a city skyline, with no Christmas trees in sight. I'm experiencing visual dissonance.?

19991BEA-FACE-40D2-BFD0-A7232E56A2BA.thu

Every time I see Laura I get the feeling that one day she's going to fade away right before our eyes. ?

• Like 15

I think OES trowels on the makeup because normally her facial skin always looks raw. It's probably one of those vicious cycles - the makeup irritates her skin but she needs it to cover up the irritation.

23101369_140943263212551_864017313799392

• Like 13