Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

11 hours ago, Drogo said:

I don't think he would say she sells if she doesn't sell.  

I don't think that sounds like a response that a QVC representative would give, true or not.

10 hours ago, zoemom said:

Hmmm..... I'm inspired, guess what everybody on my gift of spite list will be receiving?  Maybe if I put some sparkly do-dads/cute puppies and kittens on them I could develop a whole line of "novelty ponchos" and sell them on the Q.  Look out Angel, Zoemom is ready to take you down!

I'll also be sure to make one for my UPS delivery woman, (I'll make hers a brown one) and maybe she'll stop throwing my packages "up" my steps.  Latest "victim" of her antics was a 10 piece set of Portmerion dishes - nothing survived.  It's gotten to the point where I've bookmarked their "File a Claim" page.  I've called and e-mailed complaints about her and much like the Q, using either avenue I received their SOP response; they apologize for my "experience", and strive to be the leader in customer 'service' and will "investigate".  Right. 

Blast 'em on social media.  If you're not on Twitter - get thee a Twitter handle.  They won't know who you are, and they may not respond favorably, but you'll get some righteous satisfaction out of it.

• Like 14

10 hours ago, zoemom said:

Good catch @Thelmalou!  I like the Sketchers version much better than the "Fly" version.  Guess because they're from China "London" is what warrants the ridiculous $200 price.

There's a similar Clarks product also. A282065  $150 samolians

clarks.jpg

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

you can not give commentary on even a former employee requesting a reference; can only verify dates of employment. 

That's standard everywhere.  Has been for a long time.

• Like 9

Poor Leah she already has a tendency to stumble and bumble through presentations it’s even worse with RR’s constant interrupting and barking about the product . 

Leahs discomfort is palpable , she has that giggle to fill air time instead of talking because the minute she utters a word Rachel stomps all over her. 

75280C97-B079-4668-870D-D5979C90AEAD.jpeg

• Like 16

1 hour ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I have these...a version from QVC and the ones from HSN.  I love them, as I'm an outside sales rep and well, weather happens!

When I get in my car (where I really find them to be the most useful) I hold the umbrella out, close it and the water drains out the top onto the ground.  Simple as that!

Using a regular umbrella would mean you'd have to drag the wet umbrella cross you, point it to the floor on the passenger side, close the umbrella and have all that water fly in your face. 

These things are flippin' genius product, in my opinion. 

I really like mine too!

• Like 9

24 minutes ago, leFay said:

Also, this is corporate's way of passive-aggressively telling them, "YOU are the one with the problem with Shawn; EVERYONE else likes her (she sells)"...

And really what have they said ? Yes she sells , they all sell.

• Like 12

53 minutes ago, Denver Hoosier said:

Putting on my HR (retired) hat for a moment....

1. Most states are Right-To-Work states, which means that any employer can essentially fire any employee at any time for any reason.

2.  However, to avoid legal action for wrongful termination, a company needs to have documentation of either a single egregious offense (think theft from the employer) or a pattern of substandard behavior that the employer has attempted to work with an employee to correct  (think extensive tardiness or an unacceptable amount of errors for which counseling or further training has been offered).

3.   Due to errors, bad acting, etc. by companies in disclosing information on previous employees that have resulted in extensive litigation, best practices have evolved that preclude an employer from releasing any subjective info on a former employee.  Employers are limited to releasing only that an employee worked for them, the position they occupied, and their start and end dates of employment.

4.  And yet, employers can be held liable if they do not warn subsequent employers who inquire about any employee who may be a danger in the workplace. (If John was fired for bringing a gun to work and threatening co--workers, then actually shoots someone at his next job)

5.  As you can imagine, HR staffs. develop code words/phrases to clue each other in on problem employees without violating the letter of the regulations (just the spirit lol)

And sadly, while not all HR professionals behave in this manner, the true role of HR is to act as a bridge between employee and management helping each to work together effectively toward a common goal, not as a robotic enforcer of company rules.

Hope this helps out, @Ladyrain.

Thanks again, for trying to clear this up.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I have these...a version from QVC and the ones from HSN.  I love them, as I'm an outside sales rep and well, weather happens!

When I get in my car (where I really find them to be the most useful) I hold the umbrella out, close it and the water drains out the top onto the ground.  Simple as that!

Using a regular umbrella would mean you'd have to drag the wet umbrella cross you, point it to the floor on the passenger side, close the umbrella and have all that water fly in your face. 

These things are flippin' genius product, in my opinion. 

No to mention the same was said of Joanna Gaines - she came out on her FB and said she does not have a skincare line, if I recall correctly.

Thanks, LMSJ! Your explanation makes total sense!
I don't think I've ever seen them explain that on air.

We know the products better than the hosts and OAP's IMO!

• Like 12

1 hour ago, mpeeps said:

Skunky, ..... she's their resident quirky host. 

Her behavior / speech / mannerisms, IMHO, far surpass "quirky" !!  More like deranged. 

• Like 20

Recently I ordered a rear-view mirror that you clip on to your existing one. I have had one for years that I got from QVC and it finally broke as I was cleaning it. Anyway, I had ordered one from Amazon. I have Prime. It didn't fit and I really tried to order the correct one. I just went online to process the return, and Amazon is crediting my credit card.

But here is the surprising thing - I DON'T have to return the item! It asked for the reason for return, and from the pull-down menu one of the choices was "couldn't install". I was afraid they were going to give me a hard time, but no! I know QVC does this with food items, but this is really something.

Pretty good customer service!

I'll never forget the time HSN sent back an item I returned after the return window had closed. I've read on here that Evine does that too. I get that there has to be a cutoff but that was really bad customer service. I hardly order from either of them anyway. 

This shit matters.

• Like 17

17 minutes ago, Day2Day said:

Her behavior / speech / mannerisms, IMHO, far surpass "quirky" !!  More like deranged. 

ITA! Batshit crazy demented.

• Like 19

13 minutes ago, seasons said:

and from the pull-down menu one of the choices was "couldn't install". I was afraid they were going to give me a hard time, but no! I know QVC does this with food items, but this is really something.

@seasons, I took your references and merged them, I hope you don't mind; it just brought a funny scenario to my head.

I would like to see Wheels or Jill do something like this during one of their food sampling shows. "If you don't like <name of product> just select the return reason of "Couldn't install" from the QVC website; I know I had a hard time installing it in MY piehole!"

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Lady J said:

And really what have they said ? Yes she sells , they all sell.

Yup.  So technically, they are not lying to the customer.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, seasons said:

Recently I ordered a rear-view mirror that you clip on to your existing one. I have had one for years that I got from QVC and it finally broke as I was cleaning it. Anyway, I had ordered one from Amazon. I have Prime. It didn't fit and I really tried to order the correct one. I just went online to process the return, and Amazon is crediting my credit card.

But here is the surprising thing - I DON'T have to return the item! It asked for the reason for return, and from the pull-down menu one of the choices was "couldn't install". I was afraid they were going to give me a hard time, but no! I know QVC does this with food items, but this is really something.

Pretty good customer service!

I'll never forget the time HSN sent back an item I returned after the return window had closed. I've read on here that Evine does that too. I get that there has to be a cutoff but that was really bad customer service. I hardly order from either of them anyway. 

This shit matters.

A while back Amazon sent me the wrong soup. It was a flavor I couldn't eat, and they said to donate it if I wanted  and my account was credited. You are right it does matter.

• Like 15

2 hours ago, seasons said:

This shit matters.

I recently returned an item to QVC that was beyond the 30 days and just said it was a Christmas gift return even though I didn't buy it during Christmas in July or during the gift return period established by QVC.  they processed the return with no issues.  I was afraid they were going to send it back to me, but they didn't.  I was at fault, but was relieved it got processed.  

• Like 15

WyHw6oh.jpg    "Flashback Friday to the good old days with Martha Stewart! I'm so excited to join her again at 9pm ET for her Mario Badescu Skin Care x Martha Stewart launch! Find out what the collection is about here!"  Liar, liar... lying liar who lies with pants on fire!!!!  She must think that episode of Martha firing her "fake-it-til-you-make-it" ass doesn't still exist !!!  I would think it will be a must watch TV presentation.   

• Like 21

2 hours ago, RiderOnTheStorm said:

@seasons, I took your references and merged them, I hope you don't mind; it just brought a funny scenario to my head.

I would like to see Wheels or Jill do something like this during one of their food sampling shows. "If you don't like <name of product> just select the return reason of "Couldn't install" from the QVC website; I know I had a hard time installing it in MY piehole!"

Well done, @RiderOnTheStorm! Sounds like a valid reason to me! ??

Although my piehole hasn't met much food that it couldn't install lately, lol. Urgh.

• Like 10

13 minutes ago, Day2Day said:

WyHw6oh.jpg    "Flashback Friday to the good old days with Martha Stewart! I'm so excited to join her again at 9pm ET for her Mario Badescu Skin Care x Martha Stewart launch! Find out what the collection is about here!"  Liar, liar... lying liar who lies with pants on fire!!!!  She must think that episode of Martha firing her "fake-it-til-you-make-it" ass doesn't still exist !!!  I would think it will be a must watch TV presentation.   

Is this tonight??? Tonight-tonight??? If it is, I don't care that tomorrow is my early work day, I'm watching this beautiful disaster!

• Like 16

3 hours ago, Thelmalou said:

Poor Leah she already has a tendency to stumble and bumble through presentations it’s even worse with RR’s constant interrupting and barking about the product . 

Leahs discomfort is palpable , she has that giggle to fill air time instead of talking because the minute she utters a word Rachel stomps all over her. 

75280C97-B079-4668-870D-D5979C90AEAD.jpeg

I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one who found RR completely unwatchable.  She was like a human steamroller with Leah.  I ended up changing the channel.  I used to like her years ago, when her 30 Minute Meals was a fairly new show.  I don't know what happened to her, or when, but she's like this on her talk show, too.  I can't watch that either, for more than 5 minutes just to see who's on.  I'm imagining that fame and fortune went to her head and now her ego is as big as her waistline. 

• Like 16

(paraphrasing something that was) said by a QVC host or OAP and heard by me with my eyes closed half-asleep sometime early this morning as they tried to sell me some kind of Star Wars-related item: "'Star Wars' really changed the way we all think about the world."

Me: Whaaat? Huh? Zzzzzzzzz.....

• Like 19

Can one of you geniuses please cut down this YouTube clip to only show from about 6.5 minutes forward? OMG must see TV esp. before tonight's rematch. It is OES getting fired by Martha.

Edited by BecomingLimited · Reason: lack of sleep
  • Like 10

• Friday nights is either Mahjong or Midsomer if I home, however, will DVR the Kilinger vs. Stewart cage match!! ( although I expect for the sake of their wallets it won't be that exciting) 
  • Leah for some reason strikes me as someone who is a stranger in her own kitchen,  not from the cookers, as we at Casa Hbird.say. so RR who is obnoxious can railroad right  over her,  
25 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one who found RR completely unwatchable.  She was like a human steamroller with Leah.  I ended up changing the channel.  I used to like her years ago, when her 30 Minute Meals was a fairly new show.  I don't know what happened to her, or when, but she's like this on her talk show, too.  I can't watch that either, for more than 5 minutes just to see who's on.  I'm imagining that fame and fortune went to her head and now her ego is as big as her waistline. 

have you seen JRT and RR together !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 16

4 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I don't think that sounds like a response that a QVC representative would give, true or not.

Blast 'em on social media.  If you're not on Twitter - get thee a Twitter handle.  They won't know who you are, and they may not respond favorably, but you'll get some righteous satisfaction out of it.

the Twitter is very useful 

• Like 12

36 minutes ago, BecomingLimited said:

Can one of you geniuses please cut down this YouTube clip to only show from about 6.5 minutes forward? OMG must see TV esp. before tonight's rematch. It is OES getting fired by Martha.

So much snarkalicious material in this clip.  I wish I knew how to make a gif:  at about 9:10, after Skunky leaves the room, The Martha shakes her head, rolls her eyes, and says, "Aye Yai Yai."

• Like 14

11 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

the Twitter is very useful 

It sure is.  It straightened out Florida Blue's ass right quick.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Day2Day said:

It should have been a must-watch for the hiring team.

What a bunch of unaware assholes.

PS and by the way~

This is not the premiere.  It was on last week or the week before at 5:00 p.m.

Liar indeed.

• Like 10

5 hours ago, leFay said:

Not to mention that constant need for validation, "look at me! look at me! aren't I so cute and clever? did you hear that funny word I just made up? did you hear it? did you hear it? aren't I funny? aren't I?"... she needs a time out...

Like a desperate 8th grade girl dying to be loved.

• Like 16

14 minutes ago, Hellohappylife said:

Like a desperate 8th grade girl dying to be loved.

As I said long ago, I would luuuuuuvvvvvv  to know what happened to that needy twit in her upbringing for this hot mess to be the end result.  It's as if her psyche never matured past junior high. 

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

As I said long ago, I would luuuuuuvvvvvv  to know what happened to that needy twit in her upbringing for this hot mess to be the end result.  It's as if her psyche never matured past junior high. 

Watching that trip down memory lane, she IS capable of at least faking maturity on some level- she looked and acted presentable, professional and mature...so she DOES know how to behave, she just chooses not to... Her inner brat is running the show these days...

• Like 16

Mm. Mm. Mm. 

My man qvc male model Long has been on all day with the tsv.

Me likey.

Edited by seasons · Reason: ?
  • Like 11

Slipcover OAP lady and Wheels just now, discussing the benefits of the washable slipcover.

OAP: "I wash mine every week."

Wheels, somewhat amused : "Well, you're a very cleanly person!"

OAP: "Well, I have a very hairy cat."

Oh, snap! Rick would have had a great double entendre for that! ??

• Like 16

20 hours ago, DownTheShore said:

I went out to a restaurant this week and one of the sides ordered for the table was Mac & Cheese. It was made with farfalle pasta and had real bacon bits added (it's a BBQ place). It's the first time I had bacon in M&C. Heck, I was ready to do a happy dance!

It's delicious, ain't it! I don't have it often but when I do mac'n'cheese I add sausage and red pepper flakes. I could come up with 100 variations of mac'n'cheese and take my book to QVC. hehe

19 hours ago, RubberbandGirl said:

All the videos they post are on the QVCtv channel.

What pricey shrimp. Mary said it's 100 shrimp for $119 on a special sale. Unbelievable. 

Man-bun Steve is a looker. Mary can keep bringing him on camera to taste things for her. 

• Like 14

6 minutes ago, TexasTiffany said:

It's delicious, ain't it! I don't have it often but when I do mac'n'cheese I add sausage and red pepper flakes. I could come up with 100 variations of mac'n'cheese and take my book to QVC. hehe

What pricey shrimp. Mary said it's 100 shrimp for $119 on a special sale. Unbelievable. 

Man-bun Steve is a looker. Mary can keep bringing him on camera to taste things for her. 

Mary:  "Shrimp have good days and bad days. They can be limp and weenie (sp?) and kind of mushy, or they can be firm and sweet. So how are these?"

Lol.

Again, where is quick-witted Rick when you need him?

I'm bad tonight.

Man bun guy is a doll.

• Like 16

Regarding the TSV Sunbeam Heating Wrap - Last night we were told the slate gray was the most limited and might sell out within the hour. I notice it's almost 7pm eastern. All colors are available. 

• Like 12

13 hours ago, ViewerNotShopper said:

Doubtful that they source the crab meat from there though.

I don't know to what degree we have a commercial crabbing industry, though crabbing is good in places like Barnegat Bay, Little Egg Bay, Great Egg Harbor Bay, and a lot of the rivers and creeks that feed into them. Recreational crabbing is big here. ?

12 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

As with their shrimp, I am sure the crab is sourced overseas (meaning Asia) by Egg Harbor. 

If they don't go out of their way to tout MAINE lobster or MARYLAND crab in the marketing spiel, it's Asian... guilty by silence....

Their soft-shell crabs are sourced from Viet Nam, per their website. The source of the crabs for their crabcakes isn't listed.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, TexasTiffany said:

Regarding the TSV Sunbeam Heating Wrap - Last night we were told the slate gray was the most limited and might sell out within the hour. I notice it's almost 7pm eastern. All colors are available. 

Funny..... Someone said the other Sunbeam TSV had massage function and it's missing in this new version? 

I'd rather have the other one.

• Like 10

5 hours ago, hummingbird said:
  • Friday nights is either Mahjong or Midsomer if I home, however, will DVR the Kilinger vs. Stewart cage match!! ( although I expect for the sake of their wallets it won't be that exciting) 
  • Leah for some reason strikes me as someone who is a stranger in her own kitchen,  not from the cookers, as we at Casa Hbird.say. so RR who is obnoxious can railroad right  over her,  

have you seen JRT and RR together !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I watched RR and BLABBY together. After watching the TOTALLY obnoxious RR, who wouldn't shut up, and BLABBY's patronizing love fest for her BFF, for a few minutes, I had to change the channel. RR needs to STFU and get over herself. Her items are overpriced. I've seen a lot of her stuff at discount stores for a LOT less.

NOTE to RR - Quit constantly pushing your hair back. It's annoying. Tie it back, so you don't have to mess with it.

NOTE to BLABBY - Your loud print dress with the huge bell sleeves is fugly!!!

Edited by ITALIA
  • Like 13

11 hours ago, seasons said:

$40 + $5.50 shipping and tax for the heating pad tsv brings the total cost to almost $50. 

Doesn't seem like such a great deal to me.

The tsv OAP lady seems nice but that fake hair thing in the back annoys me. Seems so outdated.

How about free s&h on all tsvs until after the holidays? 

Bet the freeze guard tsv is coming soon. Will be a Saturday tsv I'll bet. I have the original one and love it. 

I'm finding that if the Q's shipping charge for an item is $5 or more, that is the breaking point for me buying the item from them and instead beginning the online hunt for a cheaper price somewhere else. Also, I find that HSN's free S/H offers is making them much more attractive to me.

My latest order from Amazon was supposedly delivered today via their delivery service. It wasn't by my entryway or my apt. door. I don't have this problem when they use USPS or UPS.  If this one goes missing too, I'm going to have to start using one of my sisters' address for any future deliveries from them.?

• Like 11

well I for one am quite intrigued to watch Mario Badescu line. I have actually gone to their salon 2 or 3 times and bought their products. They are relatively reasonably priced and VERY GOOD.

Haven't been there in about 3 years but it's a real treat and a delight. So I am curious to see what they will be offering. Some of the line is carried at Ulta and definitely at Nordstrom. 

Have to admit a little turned off that Martha is the OAP..............vey and Shawn says she has been using it for 3 days. How embarrassing!

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, Booney said:

For you, @seasons -

20206BC7-1B26-406C-9D5E-ACDA25968FD2.thumb.jpeg.9f06dbd87c1952925bc081ce28b58294.jpeg

@Booney

Thank you! You made my day! 

Aw, just look at him reading. What a doll! ?

Wonder why they gave them that silly basket/ottoman thing? Weird.

• Like 16

Just now, seasons said:

@Booney

Thank you! You made my day! 

Aw, just look at him reading. What a doll! ?

Wonder why they gave them that silly basket/ottoman thing? Weird.

???

• Like 10

10 hours ago, FAS13 said:

Stuffing as a snack! I think I’m in love! ?

If you've never done that before, you don't know what you've been missing! One should always have a box or two of Stovetop in the cupboard in case of late-night munchies, when you're not in the mood for something sugary. ?

• Like 13