Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

8 hours ago, CueVeeCeeGirl said:

I don't mind her. Her voice just kills me though. It's too high pitched and trembly.

Her voice kills me too - goes right through my ear drum.  Ow.

PS&BTW - just me, but I never notice the backgrounds?!?......... I guess I'm too focused on the product they're supposed to be selling or too busy checking out the host. 

9 minutes ago, Drogo said:

It is.   I think she's great.

What's Snerk?

Snerk = tongue in cheek (my def) - is that acceptable?

Edited by Fishy
  • Like 13

36 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Every TSV is now the FINAL whatever TSV of the year.  Today, they actually said it's the final tool TSV....oh darn.

Seriously   ? ............. puleeeeze - stop - pleeeze

• Like 9

14 hours ago, Rustybones said:

New credit card from QVC today.  No idea why?

I would :

a) Give QVC a call

b) Find out if there are already charges made by someone and you got the bill.

c) With all the hackery going on..I would check on everything that is suspect.

download.jpg.d0c01f5d1c299bd4972e73a2207d46bf.jpg

Edited by artisto · Reason: posted before proofing
  • Like 16

19 minutes ago, artisto said:

I would :

a) Give QVC a call

b) Find out if there are already charges made by someone and you got the bill.

c) With all the hackery going on..I would check on everything that is suspect.

download.jpg.d0c01f5d1c299bd4972e73a2207d46bf.jpg

FWIW there were a few posts on the same topic on the Qbd as well

• Like 8

35 minutes ago, Fishy said:

Her voice kills me too - goes right through my ear drum.  Ow.

PS&BTW - just me, but I never notice the backgrounds?!?......... I guess I'm too focused on the product they're supposed to be selling or too busy checking out the host. 

Snerk = tongue in cheek (my def) - is that acceptable?

To me it is a variation of the word snark. It's funny, but when I try to write it on my iPad, it always corrects to sneak.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

TSV today is actually a new product, which is amazing for the moribund Q

I would have gone for the TSV if not for the $5.50 s&h. 

• Like 8

PJD deserves some kind of badge of honor for the grace and tolerance she shows when she hosts Graver shows.  She actually makes me believe I could do it too.   Yeah, maybe not.  This is a situation best left to the professionals.  Snerk.

• Like 14

3 minutes ago, HissyFit said:

I would have gone for the TSV if not for the $5.50 s&h. 

stuff like this at this time of year, why not do s/h for free or roll into price, they would sell for sure or do some kind of gifting promo.

1 minute ago, Fishy said:

PJD deserves some kind of badge of honor for the grace and tolerance she shows when she hosts Graver shows.  She actually makes me believe I could do it too.   Yeah, maybe not.  This is a situation best left to the professionals.  Snerk.

this is why I like Pat 

• Like 17

16 minutes ago, ViewerNotShopper said:

Someone recently brought up the common surnames of OAPs Megan and Joe Murray. I compiled a list of the other Qvc OAPs who share surnames... makes me think it's more cult-like and incestuous than we realize at the Q. What's with all the common names? Am I missing any others?

Meghan Murray (beauty tools) & Joe Murray (duraflame)
Howard Irvine (power tools) & Diana Irvine (rowenta/roomba/everything)
Kylie Watts (frost guard etc) & Elizabeth Watts (shark)
Melissa Fleming-Epps (keurig), Keith Epps (flashpad, toys etc) & Melissa Epps-Wilding (poo-pourri)

Thank you. The tool guy Sean Pickford's wife Lori is on occasionally too. Yup it's a cult.

• Like 11

3 hours ago, hummingbird said:

FWIW there were a few posts on the same topic on the Qbd as well

Thought I caught a show a couple of days ago where the host talked about the "new, fancy" Q card.  It was red & white?

I don't use one, so I have no ideas.

3 hours ago, Lady J said:

To me it is a variation of the word snark.

That's what I thought too.  Never have I seen or heard this word before this site.

• Like 6

21 hours ago, LadyR said:

I usually see Diva on Sundays, and he has mentioned more than a few times that he orders Chinese food after the Sunday shows as well.  Bet he just loves that sweet 'n sour chicken with some egg rolls and pork fried rice.

19 hours ago, TexasTiffany said:

That's one of MY favorites. Sweet'n'Sour chicken. Szechuan crispy beef. Kung Pao chicken. Szechuan green beans, etc. 

David likes Chinese food, bu I gave up mac'n'cheese as one of my go-to side dishes. It's tasty but packs on the pounds. If David cut out just the mac'n'cheese he'd save tons of calories. 

Must admit that Sweet 'n Sour Chicken is one of my faves too, TexasTiffany!  Along with some BBQ ribs and yes, that pork fried rice.  I'm with you on the Szechuan dishes as well!

And ITA about DV cutting out the mac 'n' cheese - but we know that would be quite the challenge for our Diva!  But if he did, along with working out again, perhaps he might channel the way he used to look - remember this?  WOW indeed!

davidvenable.jpg.55e49a6a4590794a8d011a69efa5a1e9.jpg

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, LadyR said:

Must admit that Sweet 'n Sour Chicken is one of my faves too, TexasTiffany!  Along with some BBQ ribs and yes, that pork fried rice.  I'm with you on the Szechuan dishes as well!

And ITA about DV cutting out the mac 'n' cheese - but we know that would be quite the challenge for our Diva!  But if he did, along with working out again, perhaps he might channel the way he used to look - remember this?  WOW indeed!

davidvenable.jpg.55e49a6a4590794a8d011a69efa5a1e9.jpg

Rats, now I'm craving Chinese. Singapore noodles and pot stickers, carb o rama. Yum.

• Like 10

23 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

He seems to always have a pizza night, too.  Nothing wrong with it...but that's two really high fat meals a week - THAT WE KNOW ABOUT!!!  What about the rest of the week??

Look at us, being the food police!

For me, that's really a case of the pot calling the kettle black, lol. ?

• Like 10

22 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

I see that Lisa Rinna is doing the Thanksgiving TSV..There is a Graver show later in the day but I don't know if she'll be there.....Lisa prob doesn't mind missing a Festival of Carbs with the family....

If Rinna is doing the TSV on Thanksgiving, then I won't feel as if I'm missing something if I don't turn the Q on that day. Thank you Q, for that holiday gift. ?

• Like 20

17 hours ago, Booney said:

One showed up in my mailbox too. It’s a completely different account number, although the letter that came with it  said that even though the account number is different, “nothing has changed.” One thought...could they be using a different credit card processing company - not Synchrony - and therefore the need for new account numbers? Who knows, but I’m cynical enough to believe the change is not going to benefit us the consumers, but will benefit QVC financially in some way.

They may have had a breach, or been notified that your data was compromised in that breach at the credit reporting company, and they're issuing new card numbers as a security matter. My bank did that after the Target breach.

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, ViewerNotShopper said:

Hmmm, what was he selling back then??? Looks like he was quite popular at the 90's gay circuit parties!

He sold everything. While wearing a suit and tie. I miss those days.

• Like 11

12 hours ago, Jaded said:

PerriSandra.thumb.jpg.14bb72cb117be7ebeea2f3f486cb4680.jpg

Dana Perricone cut her hair and that's putting more emphasis on her face. She's always been thin.

The Phantom's face is beginning to resemble that of a mannequin.

• Like 15

11 minutes ago, Girlydiva53 said:

Or a tuxedo.

I miss the old days too.

• Like 14

7 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

Cox. 

I was wondering b/c Comcast was so degraded for us that we went back to Direct TV. 

• Like 6

Moronic Sales Pitch: Buy this now even if you don't know who to give it to...   you can figure that out later. 

I have never, ever thought of doing that.

Lie: We are bringing this back at the TSV price due to customer demand.

Truth: Demand was well below expectations. We screwed up and need to move em before we have to clearance price it.

See also: There's nothing wrong with these, but we need room in the warehouse.

• Like 20

Poster on Qbd says Carolyns sales pitches are like lectures,

who here posted that?  jk

but obviously there is part of audience that agrees with us 

• Like 17

6 hours ago, ViewerNotShopper said:

Someone recently brought up the common surnames of OAPs Megan and Joe Murray. I compiled a list of the other Qvc OAPs who share surnames... makes me think it's more cult-like and incestuous than we realize at the Q. What's with all the common names? Am I missing any others?

Melissa Fleming-Epps (keurig), Keith Epps (flashpad, toys etc) & Melissa Epps-Wilding (poo-pourri)

Thanks for this list, ViewerNotShopper - FYI, Howard Irvine and Diana Irvine are a married couple, with four children.  Sometimes this is mentioned when one of them presents a product on air.

Edited by LadyR · Reason: Love and marriage, love and marriage...
  • Like 8

6 hours ago, ViewerNotShopper said:

6 hours ago, BecomingLimited said:

Thank you. The tool guy Sean Pickford's wife Lori is on occasionally too. Yup it's a cult.

There was Jenny Repko, former Cook’s Essentials rep (and now married to Dave King) and Denise Repko is still there, called “our wellness representative.” I think Jenny and Denise are sisters-in-law or something like that.

___________________________ Merge!_________________________

Handy-Rubby is on now, getting handy and rubby with a Berkshire robe. 

Edited by Booney
  • Like 14

2 hours ago, mpeeps said:

I think the Phantom is getting addicted to Botox. 

And she claims she has nothing done.

Riiiiight.

• Like 15

3 hours ago, Girlydiva53 said:

that's before he was pigeonholed into Kitchen duty 

• Like 10

4 hours ago, DownTheShore said:

For me, that's really a case of the pot calling the kettle black, lol. ?

Totally my feeling - I have no room to criticize anyone, that's for sure.

.....as I dip into my third - YES! THIRD! - tub of Enstroms dark chocolate covered toffee

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 10

15 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Marie Louise should stay away from attempts at history lessons....I found her comment very ......um....clumsy.

no big deal, just say peanuts were from Africa and leave it at that.

at least I am not alone in giving #sideeye on that 

• Like 11

3 hours ago, hummingbird said:

Poster on Qbd says Carolyns sales pitches are like lectures,

who here posted that?  jk

but obviously there is part of audience that agrees with us 

I cannot tell a lie, it was me !

• Like 17

14 minutes ago, Lady J said:

I cannot tell a lie, it was me !

for real?  ☺

11 minutes ago, ViewerNotShopper said:

when Rooster was just a young cockerel.

that makes me laugh, it's funny 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

that's before he was pigeonholed into Kitchen duty 

That must be when his downfall began.  KP duty.  Surrounded with mac and cheese, BBQ ribs, stuffed chicken, cheesecake, etc., exacerbated by no longer having to dress up in a suit and tie to sell joolery.  He figured, what the hell, and just let himself go.

• Like 15

10 hours ago, Drogo said:

It is.   I think she's great.

What's Snerk?

@Puddy - will get the cookies and we can discuss snerk!

10 hours ago, Stacey1014 said:

Our cable was out for almost 13 hours yesterday, so I missed all of the Q fun. 

I was watching the local news this morning and our traffic reporter had a black dress with a chain pattern. All I could think of was Graver’s chain pattern tops. 

Since we have a 3-day weekend, the hubby decided he wanted to take a mini trip to Lancaster. We will freeze our hineys off, but I might get another opportunity to browse the Q Outlet. 

Re: Nicknames. For some reason, every little girl on my dad’s side of the family gets the nickname Matilda. I still get called Tillie every once in a while. 

Lol Matilda! I used to work with a high school teacher who was also the football coach. At lunch duty, he called every boy "Johnny" and every girl "Sally". So funny.

• Like 5

Hmmmmm, maybe Jilly has been sharing late night shovel-in-the-chow sessions with her former bestie Diva.  Could explain why they are both blowing up like the Macy's parade balloons.

Merged.........

10 minutes ago, seasons said:

@Puddy - will get the cookies and we can discuss snerk!

Lol Matilda! I used to work with a high school teacher who was also the football coach. At lunch duty, he called every boy "Johnny" and every girl "Sally". So funny.

I almost was named Mathilda.  Eeek.  My  paternal grandmother, whose name it was, said "nein, nein, nein!!" so I narrowly escaped that fate.  Whew!  

Edited by Denver Hoosier
  • Like 15

Frau was presenting these Skechers boots. Aside from the color and the tassel zip it looks identical to the Fly London boot.  The Skechers version is $69.99 and FL is $200.  Strange they would sell a cheaper version and water down a style that is specific to the pricey FL.  I have a friend who found the Skechers  even cheaper on amazon .  

71CABFBF-116B-4287-A2BF-758D3B41A7DB.jpeg

5819C6D1-B20B-4D4B-8391-FCAF6AFFFD1D.jpeg

• Like 18

A Gift of Spite being presented by Wheels in Dan & Rick’s Gift Guide - the SmileActives Holiday Set of 4 Whitening Pens. For those times when you want to say to your friend or loved one, “Hey, your teeth are yellow and  disgusting. I can’t stand looking at them anymore, so use these whitening pens. Merry Christmas!”

1FB0BB1F-4B85-42E6-AE92-75A7C54EE825.thumb.jpeg.b7fe23a7435e06849c3a5b2d9a7d0607.jpeg

Edited by Booney
  • Like 22