Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

17 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

That's the new Cutrate Qurate set!  Nothing says "welcome spring" and "welcome new parent company name" like an ugly set. complete with a ginormous frame and some cute plastic grass!

Oh, and the dress form?  What's that about?  It looks so out of place there!

I'm 55, we had rotary dial phones in my house growing up for a hot minute, then there were push buttons!!  Oh, how I miss my pink trimline phone with the push buttons in the handle!

I bought one years ago at Cracker Barrel.  At one time, I also saw them on Amazon and eBay.

I was looking at Facebook and someone asked Antonella about a shirt she was wearing.  She replied that it was either from TJ Maxx or Stein Mart!  I guess not all the hosts shop at stores with valet parking.

I saw a woman yesterday wearing a cold shoulder top that also had a cold elbow and a cold wrist.  Looking at it, I wondered why the 'designer' even bothered to put any fabric on the sleeve.  I hope the Q doesn't jump on that bandwagon.

• Like 15

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

DLDS

Q Oscar AFter party is on Tuesday by then it's like the paper you wrap fish in, stale and yesterday's news, they can't even do that on Monday when people might GAF?

Maybe there was no rooftop available to rent for Monday.

• Like 17

2 hours ago, CueVeeCeeGirl said:

LMAO just saw a model walk through the frame rather gingerly as if she was afraid to trip. I cracked up. That was the first time I'd seen it. It's sooo cheesy.

5a9aee942851a_ScreenShot2018-03-03at1_46_13PM.png.db07943dcdd17f66ad18d0ce3c083b71.png

This poor thing looks like she's marching off to the guillotine. ...having to clutch the bag and go over a steeple chase hurdle.....

• Like 16

2 hours ago, Rustybones said:

Maybe there was no rooftop available to rent for Monday.

parking lot in Anaheim ?

those who r  Caligirls  can add a particularly  horrible location 

• Like 11

3 hours ago, CueVeeCeeGirl said:

LMAO just saw a model walk through the frame rather gingerly as if she was afraid to trip. I cracked up. That was the first time I'd seen it. It's sooo cheesy.

5a9aee942851a_ScreenShot2018-03-03at1_46_13PM.png.db07943dcdd17f66ad18d0ce3c083b71.png        " I think they should light it afire and have the models jump through it."  YES,  Cricket !!

She almost looks as enthusiastic as this tiger jumping thru the ring of fire ...xoU27H8.jpg

• Like 16

45 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

parking lot in Anaheim ?

Live!  From beautiful downtown Burbank!

Dang, I miss Johnny Carson...

• Like 18

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

parking lot in Anaheim ?

I’m not a Cali girl, but how about the La Brea Tar Pits?

• Like 14

I just bought myself a birthday present, A307684 Martha Stewart cardigan in Fern. I had had it on my wishlist and saw the price go down and also get excellent reviews. I just fell in love with the green. I need another sweater like I need a hole in the head. But I kinda like Martha and her snooty and pretentious ways lolz. She's genuinely who she is and I respect that in a person.

Edited by sauce62
  • Like 24

15 minutes ago, sauce62 said:

I just bought myself a birthday present, A307684 Martha Stewart cardigan in Fern. I had had it on my wishlist and saw the price go down and also get excellent reviews. I just fell in love with the green. I need another sweater like I need a hole in the head. But I kinda like Martha and her snooty and pretentious ways lolz. She's genuinely who she is and I respect that in a person.

I like that sweater too !

• Like 8

8 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Just my two cents.....Keurig's brand is facing a challenge, financially.  Nespresso is eating their lunch, the plethora of "generic" k-cups is taking its toll on the brand (even though 90% of the time, Green Mountain manufactures those generic k-cups) and they have no environmental story.  Keurig doesn't care what vehicle is used, as long as you keep buying those k-cups.  Remember the lady with the 6 or 7 Kitchen Aid mixers?  If you love the brand (Keurig) you'll want the latest and greatest.  Some people are just not sensible like you and I are! 

I love my Keurig, too, by the way!

My two cents: QVC markets to hoarders. I'm not sure if I posted about this yet or not but I was reading an online forum for children of hoarders (have multiple hoarders in my family) and multiple people mentioned their hoarder had piles and piles of stuff from home shopping networks, a lot of it never even opened. QVC must have some idea of that segment of their target demographic, since they see how much is ordered from each account. They can put any crap on air and some people will order it.

• Like 20

This happened to the very, very wealthy grandmother of a friend of mine. As she aged, she and her housekeeper would spend all day on the shopping networks and order almost everything they showed. When she died, the children and grandchildren found her swimming pool filled to the top with unopened boxes of stuff. It took them months to go through all of it and give it all away. That makes me sad because I know that’s happening to many families. 

• Like 17

8 hours ago, CueVeeCeeGirl said:

I think this frame thing is some sort of take on Instragram and all those silly Snapchat filters that people love.

I was thinking Pinterest fail. 

• Like 16

Yikes, for a minute I thought Linebacker Jackie looked like Carolyn in that white top.   She makes everything look unappealing to me.  

• Like 15

What the...???  Just what I always wanted...wizard of oz jeans!!!  Renee's fringe jeans...oh no!  We're off to see the wizard...the song just entered my head.  Hey there scarecrow!  And, these are selling.  I'm cringing over this fringing!!! 

• Like 15

11 hours ago, Booney said:

Another silly frame shot -

63A10C24-0157-4007-B23B-7E5F23ED1DCF.thumb.jpeg.7aaebde565ed335180518e3892abef5c.jpeg

That's actually the only frame shot that I like, because the camera is coming in close on the shoes, not on the rest of the model. 

• Like 11

19 hours ago, LGGirl said:

We are on our third K-Cup machine.  The first was a Keurig.  It just crapped our.  Second was Cuisinart.  It leaked.  Third Keurig again.  We will see how long it lasts.  These machines are basically disposable.  

I do not drink coffee, but we’ve had several Keurigs.  Not a one lasted longer than 2 years.  Mr. Hag now uses a French press model that has been great.

• Like 10

13 hours ago, sauce62 said:

But I kinda like Martha and her snooty and pretentious ways lolz. She's genuinely who she is and I respect that in a person.

Yup & Yup

She went to prison without blaming everybody else for her troubles.

Owned it and moved on.

Edited by artisto
  • Like 22

Re Kuerig

I had 2/3 one replaced by them 

but their DRM made me nuts,   I wanted more than 6oz of water for tea and just got tired of constantly McGyverying to bypass that.

WE got an icoffee from BBBeyond and it's much better, no DRM so I can use my Trader Joes coffee 

• Like 7

I've had my Keurig for about 4 years and it still works smoothly.  Maybe because it's a simple, basic model, no programming or fancy buttons...

I went through two KRUPS coffeemakers in a row that krupped out...too many "features".  So much for German engineering. 

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, artisto said:

She went to prison without blaming everybody else for her troubles.

Owned it and moved on.

word 

She made something of herself by hard work,  I guess that irks people

• Like 16

I don't think that Martha is so much a snob, but rather she has standards she assumes others should reach.  That being said,  if you expect too much of people,  you'll always be disappointed. .....

• Like 19

6 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

if you expect too much of people,  you'll always be disappointed. .....

Always!!

• Like 13

25 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

I don't think that Martha is so much a snob, but rather she has standards she assumes others should reach.  That being said,  if you expect too much   anything of people,  you'll  always  usually be disappointed. .....

Fixed it with my cynicism lol.

• Like 13

Just now, DownTheShore said:

I see that Vince Camuto is having an upcoming TSV on the Q. Isn't his an HSN line?

Yes. It is. 

Not buying what the flex belt is selling.  The before and afters look good but the results were achieved by adding low calorie diet and excercise.   Wouldn’t those results been achieved anyways without using the belt?   

No Carolyn.  No Dan.  That’s why I tuned in.   Is the weather a factor?  

• Like 11

1 hour ago, LGGirl said:

Yes. It is. 

Not buying what the flex belt is selling.  The before and afters look good but the results were achieved by adding low calorie diet and excercise.   Wouldn’t those results been achieved anyways without using the belt?   

No Carolyn.  No Dan.  That’s why I tuned in.   Is the weather a factor?  

Carolyn was there. She did a garden show from 8:00 - 9:00, then the regular Sunday show with Jen until 11:00 when Jen took over solo. I don’t know where Dan is. I didn’t see the beginning of the show, so I don’t know if she mentioned why he’s not there.

• Like 7

57 minutes ago, Booney said:

Carolyn was there. She did a garden show from 8:00 - 9:00, then the regular Sunday show with Jen until 11:00 when Jen took over solo. I don’t know where Dan is. I didn’t see the beginning of the show, so I don’t know if she mentioned why he’s not there.

Dan did the TSV launch at midnight. A woman called in and grilled him and Diana about why her (exact same model which they tried to deflect/diffuse) Roomba keeps eating and getting tangled in cords. Caller had them scrambling and reaching. Good stuff.

• Like 23

couple of gems just now

"David sized steak" 

over on q2

Angel selling a top with anchors lowers voice and goes into "women are the anchors of the family, keep everyone strong"

does this kind of talk sell stuff

• Like 15

42 minutes ago, CarpeDiem54 said:

They were selling a 250 lb roast?  *snerk*

Only 250? You’re being very kind. ?

• Like 15

12 minutes ago, Booney said:

Only 250? You’re being very kind. ?

I figured it was only the highest quality hand trimmed lean part of the roast the Q was selling.  The fat cap they trimmed away was another 50 lbs.  ?

• Like 13

2 hours ago, hummingbird said:

Angel selling a top with anchors lowers voice and goes into "women are the anchors of the family, keep everyone strong"

does this kind of talk sell stuff

not to me....it does quite the opposite!

• Like 18

1 hour ago, CarpeDiem54 said:

I figured it was only the highest quality hand trimmed lean part of the roast the Q was selling.  The fat cap they trimmed away was another 50 lbs.  ?

Bwaahaha! ??

• Like 10

On 3/3/2018 at 2:42 PM, hummingbird said:

parking lot in Anaheim ?

A strip mall parking lot in Pacoima (a dreary town in the San Fernando valley) would be a horrible location.  

Anaheim is in Orange County,  Burbank is a very decent town town to live in.   It was once considered an affordable area but many potential home buyers are getting priced out .  La Brea is in Hancock Park a very established beautiful neighborhood , large homes and high rent .  I’m curious to see where they set up.  

• Like 7

If I were cooking David as a roast, I would prepare him as a crown roast. Then I could put those little paper caps on the exposed bone tips, each one in a different color.  David's ghost could hover over it happily, double-tapping each of the different colors on his earthly remains.

???

• Like 13

I find that all of the articles written about QVC and I suppose HSN seems to be by someone who has never, ever watched it, and there is a tone of not exactly disparagement but something coupled with an "doesn't get it" attitude.  

Of course if you had to write an article based on what I am seeing now, I would completely be there.

talking about the Legacy presentation and what the OAP is wearing,  the shoes/socks/pant combo  29528

• Like 11

I was channel surfing last night and saw this https://www.qvc.com/Susan-Graver-Stretch-Lace-Off-the-Shoulder-Top.product.A302627.html?productNumber=a302627&sc=ISRC        I'll be darned if I didn't order two of them!  I've ordered more from the Q since January than I did during all of 2017.   I probably went overnight from the she must be dead category to the possible hoarder category!

In the past, the Q sold Bose radios.  When I do a search on the Q, I see a lot of speakers, bluetooth and headphones.  My husband has a milestone birthday this year and has wanted a Bose radio for quite a while.  I'm assuming -- like most electronics -- it would be better to buy it somewhere other than the Q.  Anyone have one?

• Like 9

20 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

Late last night, at around 1:30 am, a caller was on the line, crying in near hysterics.   She was so thrilled that the Peace One World fashions literally changed her life.  Call me a cynic, but I just cannot understand how cheaply made clothes with tacky sayings can change a life.  You really have to pity people like that.  

The call is here at about 3:50...  is this for real? The lady is  actually crying!  "I never thought of life until I got your clothes"

This has to be staged lol.

Edited by CueVeeCeeGirl
  • Like 15

I just checked the Q's program schedule for today.  Josie Moron Arrrrrgon; Bose; Gravuh.   Seriously - are there that many brand new viewers who have never ever seen any of these products yet??  I don't even watch that much - hardly at all, to be honest - but over time I've seen enough of all this crap to be an OAP myself.  Why would I watch yet another presentation of that same old same old?  I can't believe how incredibly boring QVC has become, nor how hysterical their hosts can be when presenting all this boring stuff.  They deserve some kind of sarcastic, snarky award for all the drama they exude over the most mundane products; products they've had to blab about over and over and over again.  Laudable acting chops, or lying liars who lie? 

• Like 10

Geez. Carolyn applying tanner. Why do I watch?  

No. Carolyn, tanner skin will NOT make you looked toned.  You are a lost cause.  

The hosts are both actors and liars living in a fantasy.  I agree the products are boring.  

Edited by LGGirl
  • Like 16

Also I watched  (well i skipped through) through about 10 videos to find that caller lol and PLW Alina with The Warbler is just a nauseating combo. Something about Alina is just extremely offputting. Mainly her voice ( and face lol) but also her direct rather aggressive manner. She should have gotten an OAP. i actually thought some of the garments were very nice but I wouldn't buy from her.

Edited by CueVeeCeeGirl
  • Like 9

13 minutes ago, CueVeeCeeGirl said:

The call is here at about 3:50...  is this for real? The lady is  actually crying!  "I never thought of life until I got your clothes"

This has to be staged lol.

Another middle of the night drunk call.   Why do they let these dopes through?  It's uncomfortable for the host and OAP (not that I give a rat's ass about that), and it's an instant click for me whenever anything like this happens.  I can't take seeing anyone embarrass themselves like that on live television.  And it's a large part of what gives TV shopping a bad name and a "Roseanne" vibe.   

• Like 15