Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

15 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I don't know where to really post this.....so forgive me if it's not in the right place.

I know a lot of you really enjoy Phillip Watson.   Jill Bauer posted this on her FB page:

So, what is she trying to do here? Is she going to sell junk while she "chats" with Phillip? Does she have sponsors? What's the deal here because someone is going to want to make a buck from this video venture. 

• Like 5

Jill looks good there! 

I have no idea what she’s up to.  I’m not into gardening, so won’t be watching.  Those were my least favorite YHWJ shows. 

• Like 1

An absolutley hideous LOGO dress tsv all day today!! Pointy wing flaps of fabric on each side. Makes hips look HUGE. Enough for Skunky to make a big ol' grapefruit knot!!  

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 9

I know that people who leave QVC can have their own ventures. I just wish that when they leave, they'd truly retire or just go away. Of course, I get that if there's too young to retire they may want to keep working. None of them seem to be able to stay off the Internet, though.

But I confess I don't want to "stay in touch" with them, or buy any crap  items they might sell. When they're not on set, I don't need to know a thing about them or what they're doing.

• Like 9
  • Laugh 1

no CIJ today, Leah is on

as for Logo dress if they had not done the hemline it would be a nice dress, good choice of colors , nice sleeve length, 

as for Jill and Phil, not sure are they both trying to stay relevant?  a Facebook chat doesn't cost anything,  and I don't really care 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, potatochips said:

So, what is she trying to do here? Is she going to sell junk while she "chats" with Phillip? Does she have sponsors? What's the deal here because someone is going to want to make a buck from this video venture. 

My questions exactly. It's hard to believe that she would leave a well-paying job to start a FB page where she posts recipes, has a book club, and does chats...for free. Especially when she appears to have a fairly expensive lifestyle (beach house, anyone?). I'm guessing she plans to try and monetize in some way, either by hoping to become an "influencer" (good luck with that) and attract advertisers, or selling justjillcrap. 

• Like 9

she would probably work more as an influencer than a Qhost, that's a fulltime thing,  

my take she hasn't a clue what she wants to do, but thinks talking to her

ex-viewers is what she should be doing 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

11 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

she would probably work more as an influencer than a Qhost, that's a fulltime thing,  

my take she hasn't a clue what she wants to do, but thinks talking to her

ex-viewers is what she should be doing 

I’m sure she has some hard core followers that will be interested, I just never got the impression that she had legions of devoted fans. I could be wrong , Jill was ok, but I wasn’t a huge fan. Who knows ?

• Like 5

8 hours ago, mpeeps said:

Puhleez!! I really hope she doesn't end up like another former host!

Exactly what I thought. I was never a big fan of hers, but in the photo she sure looks so good and relaxed. I just find it strange that she is going this route- whatever it is. I would have thought she was not a spotlight seeker, that the job was a job. Guess I was wrong.

Edited by mayvenne · Reason: but does not have an H at the end.
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, mpeeps said:

An absolutley hideous LOGO dress tsv all day today!! Pointy wing flaps of fabric on each side. Makes hips look HUGE. Enough for Skunky to make a big ol' grapefruit knot!!  

There is nothing flattering about this dress so they pulled out the denim jacket. All of the lunchtime specials are LOGO.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 3

This has got to be one of the worst dresses.  Booney feel free to add ALL of them or pick one to represent all of them for the next half of The Worst SCS Fashions Poll!  Thanks!

1058169727_qvc331.jpg.941b5f58aca0a04b800b2e1fc2535dee.jpg347202533_qvc332.jpg.d9687ae1c33722dc999259fbb768da15.jpg

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 9
  • Surprise 1

41 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

This has got to be one of the worst dresses.  Booney feel free to add ALL of them or pick one to represent all of them for the next half of The Worst SCS Fashions Pole!  Thanks!

1058169727_qvc331.jpg.941b5f58aca0a04b800b2e1fc2535dee.jpg347202533_qvc332.jpg.d9687ae1c33722dc999259fbb768da15.jpg

Thanks, @mpeeps! I think that Caro in the dress is a possible contender. I never thought I'd say that someone on the Q actually looks better with a denim jacket but, without it, the dress looks like a potato sack on Caro in the first pic.

Edited by Booney
  • Like 6
  • Laugh 6

Does anyone else wonder if people buy all the CIJ stuff, use them for the holidays, and return them?  I bet there are some who would buy that huge 12 ft tree, decorate it, and then send it back on Jan 2.  I can see people who’d buy a big bunch of VPH decorations would box them all up and send them back.  It’s like women, and I personally know 2, who buy expensive formal gowns, wear them to a fundraiser, and return them to the store.

That Loco dress is totally unflattering on anyone larger than a B cup.  Last night, I thought the larger models looked really bad in the bust, with their breasts looking like huge melons because of how the thin, cheap fabric clings   

• Like 5
  • Laugh 1

56 minutes ago, Showthyme said:

There is nothing flattering about this dress so they pulled out the denim jacket. All of the lunchtime specials are LOGO.

No kidding!  I've never seen this before.......there are 156 Logo items on the Lunchtime Special!  156!!!!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 7

6 hours ago, Booney said:

I'm guessing she plans to try and monetize in some way, either by hoping to become an "influencer" (good luck with that) and attract advertisers, or selling justjillcrap. 

That’s my guess, too.   Pretty sure it’s in the host’s contract that they cannot sell for a period of time after they depart.  She just waiting till that clause expires.  

47 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

I bet there are some who would buy that huge 12 ft tree, decorate it, and then send it back on Jan 2.  I can see people who’d buy a big bunch of VPH decorations would box them all up and send them back.

Unless, they can convince the Q to pay the return shipping, I doubt it. I’ve seen it done at Costco, though. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

No kidding!  I've never seen this before.......there are 156 Logo items on the Lunchtime Special!  156!!!!

if you think on that , it's smart as customers are looking at Logo so they might look at LTS as well,  if they were ever smarter, setting up a free shipping on all Logo over XX$ would sell even more 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

1 hour ago, LGGirl said:

That’s my guess, too.   Pretty sure it’s in the host’s contract that they cannot sell for a period of time after they depart.  She just waiting till that clause expires.  

Unless, they can convince the Q to pay the return shipping, I doubt it. I’ve seen it done at Costco, though. 

I bet people definitely do return stuff just in time for the January cut-off. The cost and hassle of return shipping for a massive blinged-out tree you are basically "renting" for however long you have it up (11/1 - when you send it back). 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mpeeps said:

This has got to be one of the worst dresses.  Booney feel free to add ALL of them or pick one to represent all of them for the next half of The Worst SCS Fashions Pole!  Thanks!

I hate that hem, hate it. That is all. 😏

• Like 3
  • Laugh 5

While this isn't the worst dress I've seen on QVC, to me it looks like the cheapest to make type of garment that they can slap a too high of a price tag on for what it is, that they can try to sell to women who will buy it because of loyalty to the Logo brand.

I've seen other clothing TSVs that to me follow this same pattern; nothing special piece of clothing with a too high price tag, more than likely a high-low peplum or plain t shirt.  I won't spend $40, with tax and shipping, on a t shirt or t shirt dress from the Q that I can get for a lot less at a Macy's sale or TJ Maxx.  And knocking $5 or $6 dollars off of an item and calling it a clearance or sale is a big fat fucking joke.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Booney said:

Thanks, @mpeeps! I think that Caro in the dress is a possible contender. I never thought I'd say that someone on the Q actually looks better with a denim jacket but, without it, the dress looks like a potato sack on Caro in the first pic.

ITA. The difference is striking. 

• Like 4

I really like the model Talia (not sure about spelling).  She has an amazing, bright, smile and always looks like she's having fun.  She is curvy and the clothes almost always look good on her, too.

i think they said she just got married, too.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

I really like the model Talia (not sure about spelling).  She has an amazing, bright, smile and always looks like she's having fun.  She is curvy and the clothes almost always look good on her, too.

She’s cute I think she spells it taleah 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

She’s cute I think she spells it taleah 

• Like 1

What a disaster of a TSV today.  Most sizes are still readily available in every color, despite increasingly hard sells.

Edit:  Seriously, the entire day has been like "We're trying to sell expensive-like cheap stuff Monday."

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 4

13 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

What a disaster of a TSV today.  Most sizes are still readily available in every color, despite increasingly hard sells.

Hemline 

thats dunzo 

could have sold it last year , now dicey, top part is nice 

Edited by hummingbird
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, hummingbird said:

Hemline 

thats dunno

could have sold it last year , now dicey, top part is nice 

$60 plus shipping and tax, no for something I'd be wearing during Bloated Time or Don't Give a Flying Fig What I Look Like Time.

Time to acquire some Midol...

• Laugh 7

This is the most "normal" I've ever seen Lori dressed.  I wonder if her everything-goes-with-everything mantra isn't going over so well with the over-saturation of her clothes on the Q and was asked to tone it down a bit. 

• Useful 3

How bad is this LOGO TSV?  The only color showing yellow availability across the board is the XXS.  There is one exception:   The red clay dress color is showing red on availability in the XXS and the XS is yellow availability.  Every other color and size is green, all the way up to 3X.  This is after 9 p.m. eastern. 

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

How bad is this LOGO TSV?  The only color showing yellow availability across the board is the XXS.  There is one exception:   The red clay dress color is showing red on availability in the XXS and the XS is yellow availability.  Every other color and size is green, all the way up to 3X.  This is after 9 p.m. eastern. 

Maybe the Q will learn.

Maybe they won't. 😉

• Laugh 5

I looked up model Taleah on Instagram. She's got a rocking body. Those Q clothes make her look incredibly dumpy. She should get hazard pay. 

• Like 3
  • Laugh 3
  • Sad 1

Item A350494 Logo Lavish button front top with knit sleeves.  The poor plus-size model who had to wear it in the fuschia — she looked twice her size!  The placement of the ruffle was doing her no favors.  ( Nor would it for me!). 😳😳😩

• Like 2

8 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

I looked up model Taleah on Instagram. She's got a rocking body. Those Q clothes make her look incredibly dumpy. She should get hazard pay. 

the modeling must pay well, as a couple of them have singing or other things too.

probably pays for all that,  I'd ho myself out too 

• Laugh 3

No one has mentioned Jane's (the Elf) hair?  What in the holy hell.

Didn't see the TSV from LOGO yesterday, but from the pictures - that'd be a hard pass from me.  It doesn't look good on ANYONE pictured.  

• Laugh 3

2 hours ago, hoosier80 said:

No one has mentioned Jane's (the Elf) hair?  What in the holy hell.

Didn't see the TSV from LOGO yesterday, but from the pictures - that'd be a hard pass from me.  It doesn't look good on ANYONE pictured.  

Those wigs look like Barbie hair 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

I was checking out the Primetime Specials and found this....

Could this be the fabled "Magic mirror" that all the badly dressed hosts look at before they come on air?

image.png.d8836cb2757d2994784d5e0f51e29c49.png

A308173

Kirks Folly Seaview Moon Magic Mirror Compact

QVC PRICE: $88.90

Primetime Specials™: $56.30

S&H: $3.50

or 2 Easy Pays of $28.15

+ S&H and tax

• Like 1
  • Laugh 7
  • Surprise 2

8 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Could this be the fabled "Magic mirror" that all the badly dressed hosts look at before they come on air?

A308173

or 2 Easy Pays of $28.15

+ S&H and tax

I always liked the benevolent moon face in KF items.

Unfortunately the 20,000 doo-dads they're always surrounded by, make them tacky. YMMV

🌝

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

A308173

or 2 Easy Pays of $28.15

+ S&H and tax

8F98A363-597C-455F-B99A-1E75F21460CF.jpeg.dfc9a6b1618cc2a9d7a2ebb45e974c23.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Laugh 13