Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

Maybe 3 years ago we ordered one of those Philosophy sample sets with the small jars of body souffles- and just to be sneaky the girls asked a bunch of the people we were planning to gift which one they thought smelled the best (and then we bought them the big pumpy shower gel in whatever scent they had like the most.) 

The overwhelming favorites were Snow Angel, Fresh Cream and Basil Cucumber.  [No one liked Amazing Grace or its variations, despite Q thinking is greatest of all time and spends too many deals on.]

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

5 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

YEAH! I called it! Stacey is wearing the Graver TSV and is going to push it (now that her apron has sold out.)

I thought Stacey wearing the apron was genius for the Q.  (Genius for the Q is common sense for everyone else).  They should have Stacey wear aprons on the show, changing them through out.   It’s a nice niche.   Plus, the younger generation are into aprons. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 4

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

try eBay? 

no limoncello on Poshmark but lots of Fresh Cream body stuff

I got lucky and found the Iced Mint Lemonade on Zulilly a few weeks ago. I like it , it is very fresh.

• Like 1

Philosophy scents are hit and miss I've found.  A number of years ago I bought a TSV which had dozens of the small bottles (the tiny 6 oz); got to sample everything, summer, winter.  They should repeat that. (Jacque G sold me).

The best for me were anything citrusy, basil cucumber and a favorite,  Christmas Cookies.....later I tried autumn scents pumpkin and apple cider which were also aromatic. I also liked one of the summery ones maybe margerita or daiquiri? Some I agree were fairly dull...especially the "winter" ones......only for cleansing! 

Those samplers make sense.

Edited by JohnnyStar5
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

Those samplers make sense.

I know the BFF grabs those for gifting. Last I saw a sampler configuration, seemed expensive for the handful of little bottles in the set and some of the scents weren't appealing so opted to pass. (Sometimes question if they pair poor sellers with the more popular to move product.) I've seen review complaints by customers who ended up buying a large bottle of a particular fragrance, based on glowing comments, only to be hugely disappointed and wishing there were more options for trying the options.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

The apron thing is interesting.  Haven't thought about aprons in 40+ years.

I don't remember my mother having one, but both grandmothers,  yes!

I have seen them showing up on various cooking websites and catalogs. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

The apron thing is interesting.  Haven't thought about aprons in 40+ years.

I don't remember my mother having one, but both grandmothers,  yes!

I have seen them showing up on various cooking websites and catalogs. 

I wear them when I'm doing serious cooking or baking to protect my clothes.  Also nice to wipe my hands on.  A pocket can be handy, too.

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 9

5 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I wear them when I'm doing serious cooking or baking to protect my clothes.  Also nice to wipe my hands on.  A pocket can be handy, too.

I do the same, especially if I’m using olive oil to sauté - the splatter always ends up on my clothes, so an apron prevents that. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 2

18 minutes ago, Benji said:

Please stop squishing the pies !!!!!  Thank you. 😁

Amen! I turned on the TV and was confronted with the Mamie’s OAP squeezing the life out of one of those fruit pies - yuck. I like fruit pies as much as the next person, but this visual image is just disgusting.

9BFF3AC9-1C9D-4253-8F12-1F9938C6F0F9.thumb.jpeg.9c77da0273feedc8830e50578d2a5feb.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 5

A number of weeks ago I mentioned these pies as being of interest  and someone gave a home shortcut to make them instead.

Apologies, I don't remember who!

But I could use some kind of premade Pillsbury dough and regular pie filling?

I'm not much for doing anything from scratch. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, hummingbird said:

nice dress too expensive for what it is,  

You're much too kind and generous:) 

It's an "OK" dress and waaaay too expensive for what it is. Which is no better than a dress I can get at TJMaxx for $20.00 or less. Graver's prices, well, almost all of QVC's prices -- for clothes or anything else -- are too high for what you get. It's a plain old sleeveless dress.

But then again, I only buy a TSV or One Day Only, about twice a year. And one of those times is for holiday gifts. (I buy sets of things and break them up for individual gifts) So outside of the Xmas holiday season, I might buy one thing. Clearly QVC isn't staying afloat based on my putting money in its coffers.

(My last non holiday buys were a Vitamix two years ago, and  couple of months ago, 2 sets of the Martha Stewart XL Heavy Duty Totes (even though the box they came in said "medium." SMH)

Edited by selhars
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, selhars said:

You're much too kind and generous:) 

It's an "OK" dress and waaaay too expensive for what it is. Which is no better than a dress I can get at TJMaxx for $20.00 or less. Graver's prices, well, almost all of QVC's prices -- for clothes or anything else -- are too high for what you get. It's a plain old sleeveless dress.

But then again, I only buy a TSV or One Day Only, about twice a year. And one of those times is for holiday gifts. (I buy sets of things and break them up for individual gifts) So outside of the Xmas holiday season, I might buy one thing. Clearly QVC isn't staying afloat based on my putting money in its coffers.

(My last non holiday buys were a Vitamix two years ago, and  couple of months ago, 2 sets of the Martha Stewart XL Heavy Duty Totes (even though the box they came in said "medium." SMH)

But Alberti looks so good in them. I’m going to hell. 

7BEAF899-94A8-4B83-A95C-D38D53A68359.jpeg

• Laugh 7

10 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Mrs. will look gorgey in her black/pink floral TSV.

Ahh that’s cute

Cute apron on Stacey and I wear them too

They should run with the apron thing could his and hers etc

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1

So I'll bite on the SG Graver dress TSV.  Which I'm not sure I'll buy.  (Well maybe the animal print!  lol  Just not convinced it's flattering to my body type.)   It is a basic dress, but it comes in different patterns, MANY sizes (for those of us who search TJ's but find mostly Smalls!), and it is convenient.  No searching from store to store.  Plus, I can see how it looks on different body types.

Not everyone wants to look and look.  Thus, the hook for QVC!  And the price.

I saw Pat (who is more like my body type, but smaller) in the black, which looked okay but because it was black, hard to see.  She had on a pair of TERRIBLE shoes!  She seems to love the clunky shoes.  These were in a metallic, with wide "slabs o' leather" straps, which only drew attention to her feet and also cut off the line of her legs.  Sigh.

Then she kept holding another dress in front of her (even though a model was wearing that pattern).  Made me wonder if she was self-conscious about the fit.  Hmmmm ... not a selling point.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

When I look in TJs et al I never find smalls that I need 

Let us know how it works 

and I do agree with you  The plus of QVC etc is that you don’t need to run here and there 

• Like 3

SG set of two tanks "Essentials" which appeal to me in style and length.  But Liquid Knit says polyester hot to me.  I often bypass this in my closet.  Maybe if I were still in the corporate working world?

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 2

TSV  -- clown pants!  Bring on the big red shoes.  That's all I got.

Oh wait...you too can own the Buddha denim jacket that Gili Jill got engaged in...wtf!  That right there makes this jacket "so special."  Just what I want...a $92 denim jacket for the hot & humid Summer months.  Ugh...she just called it the "Engagement" jacket.  Okay, now it's getting more weird. 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 7
  • Surprise 3

23 hours ago, hummingbird said:

amazon if you have prime, the actual price isn't that much different, but with the prime  shipping and next day delivery it was a better deal 

Bought one last night from Amazon. Can’t wait to receive it!  You guys always help me spend my money!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, AuntCarol said:

Bought one last night from Amazon. Can’t wait to receive it!  You guys always help me spend my money!

let us know how you like it 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Thumper said:

Just saw the stars n stripes apron which sold out.  Very cute!

What’s the deal with the aprons?  Is someone wearing them in a cooking show every day or what?  And they are for sale?  I think I only have 2 aprons now. But use them when I’m frying something like fried chicken. If not the grease splatters sometimes don’t come out of my shirts and ruins them. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AuntCarol said:

What’s the deal with the aprons?  Is someone wearing them in a cooking show every day or what?  And they are for sale?  I think I only have 2 aprons now. But use them when I’m frying something like fried chicken. If not the grease splatters sometimes don’t come out of my shirts and ruins them. 

Until I started wearing an apron when I fry and saute,  I had the same problem. I use Shout Advanced gel (the one with the Set-in Stain Scrubber) on the stain - rub it in with the scrubber and let it sit for several days. If you wash it immediately after applying Shout, it won't get rid of the grease. For a really big or stubborn grease stain, you may have to do it twice - wash and dry it, apply the Shout again and wait a few days before washing again. I've gotten rid of even large, deep grease/oil stains this way - even chocolate stains - and saved my favorite shirts.

• Like 2
  • Useful 5

1 hour ago, Booney said:

Until I started wearing an apron when I fry and saute,  I had the same problem. I use Shout Advanced gel (the one with the Set-in Stain Scrubber) on the stain - rub it in with the scrubber and let it sit for several days. If you wash it immediately after applying Shout, it won't get rid of the grease. For a really big or stubborn grease stain, you may have to do it twice - wash and dry it, apply the Shout again and wait a few days before washing again. I've gotten rid of even large, deep grease/oil stains this way - even chocolate stains - and saved my favorite shirts.

That’s a good tip, I’ve had good luck using Dawn dish liquid on grease stains.

• Like 3

Sorry, Sandra, I do not think the 11-inch Bermuda shorts that hit the top of the tall models' knees will look just as good on a 5'2" person. 

• Useful 1
  • Laugh 2

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

Sorry, Sandra, I do not think the 11-inch Bermuda shorts that hit the top of the tall models' knees will look just as good on a 5'2" person. 

I think you would have to call them capris.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3

I love a designer who knows his (or her) products. When they were presenting a resin chunk station necklace in a few colors, Louis Dell'Olio just (corrected) pointed out to Sandra that the set dresser put the wrong necklace out.  They pulled it toward the back. Sandra apologized.  Other designers who don't really "design" their lines likely wouldn't have noticed -- or said anything if they did.

And he pointed out that he "doesn't do plastic beads." One his website he even called out the issue by saying that reviewers have said the beads are plastic. Thus his on-air comment: "I don't do plastic."

You tell them, Louis!

Edited by selhars
  • Like 8

These have become the Lisa Rinna foil T-Shirt of Primetime Specials.  They're begging us to buy them, I guess, showing them every single night now for over a week - GILI Peep Toe lace Up Booties.  A bargain at $59.65

Double Blech!

image.png.2a07e42d6330182294d6b6ac29b4afac.png

• Like 3
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

These have become the Lisa Rinna foil T-Shirt of Primetime Specials.  They're begging us to buy them, I guess, showing them every single night now for over a week - GILI Peep Toe lace Up Booties.  A bargain at $59.65

Double Blech!

From the Payless Shoe Source going-out-of-business sale !🤣👠

• Like 2
  • Laugh 4

20 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Double Blech!

They’d go perfectly with the foil T-shirt. 

• Laugh 9

9 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

So I'm confused!  Isn't Shawn usually on with Logo?  Why is Amy doing that show tonight?

Wondering the same. Is Shawn on a WDV or is this a host change for LOGO?

• Like 1

Oh brother.  Lori LOGO actually said "no" to a combo suggested by Amy.  "Cherry" top with "teal"(?) pants.  I would so wear that combo!  (Except for $$.).   I like brights.  Lori seems to like muted colors.  Said it would be okay with a third ($$$) undertop in white. Okay ... ::roll eyes::!

And what about "everything goes with everything," Lori????

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 7

Sure, they have a job to do, but when it comes to their sales pitches they're all ...most of them are so full of crap.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Booney said:

I use spray Shout but not the gel. Seems like something I should try. I’m always dropping food off my fork which lands on my boobs and creates stains. Thanks. I’m going to Target tomorrow and I’ll get some. Anything else I should buy? 😉. Appreciate the laundry tip Booney!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Double Blech!

Oh these look so comfortable!!  😩

• Laugh 4

36 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

Perricone is the TSV today =. nowatching for me 

so boring and Dana is unwatchable as a product rep

I agree - can't stand Dana and I have no interest in Perricone products.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

GILI Jill also mentioned how much you could eat in those tsv pants and not feel uncomfortable.  Don't about 99% of Q clothing fall in to this category? 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 6

Someone please post a photo of the normally tasteful Diamonique Erin wearing a Jayne Brown-style tuna can on her head as I saw yesterday and early this morning.

Ghastly!

• Like 1
  • Surprise 1

42 minutes ago, Bronx Babe said:

Someone please post a photo of the normally tasteful Diamonique Erin wearing a Jayne Brown-style tuna can on her head as I saw yesterday and early this morning.

Ghastly!

Yes, VERY ghastly!

tuna can.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mpeeps said:

GILI Jill also mentioned how much you could eat in those tsv pants and not feel uncomfortable.  Don't about 99% of Q clothing fall in to this category? 

this is something to be proud of?  eating like a pig

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

this is something to be proud of?  eating like a pig

Do those come in DV's size? 😉 (Wasn't it SG who suggested Alberti wear pants in her line?)