Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

Thoughts on the Kim Gravel TSV capris?  They look nice, but I'm balking at the price ($43.56).

Kim herself is not looking her best in this midnight kickoff.  Her top seems too snug and I can see the waistband of her pants through it.  She's wearing white in the TSV and they look wrinkly.

And I have no beef with her "persona;" I am amused by her whether it's genuine or not.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Thumper said:

Thoughts on the Kim Gravel TSV capris?  They look nice, but I'm balking at the price ($43.56).

Kim herself is not looking her best in this midnight kickoff.  Her top seems too snug and I can see the waistband of her pants through it.  She's wearing white in the TSV and they look wrinkly.

And I have no beef with her "persona;" I am amused by her whether it's genuine or not.

I haven’t tried Kim’s capris. I swear by D & C capris, original pants,  crop pants etc. All with the side pockets. Fit well and wear like iron and wash up great. Kim’s persona grates me to no end. Reminds me of Paula Deen. I liked her when she first started out and then she started to become a caricature of herself. Kim’s trying a little too hard IMHO. 

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Thumper said:

Me too. I'm not bugged by her the way some are here - I get a kick out of her.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, hummingbird said:

Leah's question this morning . isn't the Boardwalk strictly a MidAtlantic /east coast thing?  too regional for  a question of the day.  

Boardwalks exist all over the world.  

23 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

just checked 3 big online retailers none have anything on the home page about the meaning of Memorial day.   

If any mention it, they need to get it right.

People use the day to mark the unofficial start of summer and to have sales.  Totally not cool in my book.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Thumper said:

Yes, I thought the same thing.  I caught some of the show this a.m. with Unnecessary Mary and OMG!  --- it was like the battle of the southern twang/drawl...whatever you want to call it.   

I didn't see the midnight kickoff, however, I came home very late last night, and I tuned in for a little bit before I crashed.  I saw her sister doing the 3 a.m. show...they sound exactly alike.  And, they act the same too.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, AuntCarol said:

I haven’t tried Kim’s capris. I swear by D & C capris, original pants,  crop pants etc. All with the side pockets. Fit well and wear like iron and wash up great. Kim’s persona grates me to no end. Reminds me of Paula Deen. I liked her when she first started out and then she started to become a caricature of herself. Kim’s trying a little too hard IMHO. 

@AuntCarol, can I ask what is your figure type?  A long time ago I tried some DC pants  and it seemed they were high-waisted and baggy in the thighs, hips for me.  (I am an apple, needing to fit the waist but slimmer through hips and legs in comparison.)  Maybe I could have gone down a size, but I always worry about a tight waist then.  

Dang, $49 ($16-odd a pound) for 3 pounds of Rastelli tenderloin beef tips?  If you get the 6 pounds it's a bit over $13 a pound.  Not including tax.  Apparently they are 14-16 pieces per 1-pound bag, so most or all of them are 1 oz each or so.

But they're baby filet Mignon!

(M-62244)

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Dang, $49 ($16-odd a pound) for 3 pounds of Rastelli tenderloin beef tips?  If you get the 6 pounds it's a bit over $13 a pound.  Not including tax.  Apparently they are 14-16 pieces per 1-pound bag, so most or all of them are 1 oz each or so.

But they're baby filet Mignon!

(M-62244)

How about jarred spaghetti sauce for 8.00 bucks. I just bought  Rao’s   on sale for 5.99 and it is on sale frequently. It is easy to make your own , but Rao’s is darn good, and you don’t have to have it shipped.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Lady J said:

How about jarred spaghetti sauce for 8.00 bucks. I just bought  Rao’s   on sale for 5.99 and it is on sale frequently. It is easy to make your own , but Rao’s is darn good, and you don’t have to have it shipped.

Saw that too.  I guess they're going to see what the market will bear.

Back to the beef tips, the OAP had no problem mentioning that it was Q's idea to sell what is essentially the scraps of their other meat products. 

• Like 2
  • Surprise 1

Just now, letusprocrastinate said:

Saw that too.  I guess they're going to see what the market will bear.

Back to the beef tips, the OAP had no problem mentioning that it was Q's idea to sell what is essentially the scraps of their other meat products. 

I've heard him say that before, too.  Pretty sure he's not supposed to be divulging that to potential customers -- it's not exactly a selling point.  SMDH.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Lady J said:

Love Rao’s sauce.  I’ll buy it occasionally on sale.  Just use it for special occasions.  

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Lady J said:

This is David's favorite jar sauce.

35 minutes ago, Puddy said:

This is David's favorite jar sauce.

One thing the Diva and I agree on. 

• Like 3

Wait. What?  The Anybody OAP just repped for Radley Handbags???

I like her.  But color me disillusioned that she must be just a "rent an OAP."  Like I should be surprised.  Sigh.

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 1
  • Surprise 2

Just now, Thumper said:

Wait. What?  The Anybody OSP just repped for Radley Handbags???

I like her.  But color me disillusioned that she must be just a "rent an OAP."  Like I should be surprised.  Sigh.

Long holiday weekend.  Lots of substitute OAPing going on.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Wait. What?  The Anybody OSP just repped for Radley Handbags???

I saw her do Radley a few weeks ago.  For me, the whole OAP thing is just bullshit.

• Like 3