Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

WTF?!  Q's processing and shipping...a joke!

I haven't ordered anything in a while.  I ordered something 2 weeks ago...in stock...I look today, and it was put in Advanced Order.  Huh?  

Customer Service is clueless on details regarding order.

Q -- get it together!  2 weeks and still not processed??!!!  In stock/not in stock?  Make up your mind.

Allowing 3 more days for info update...will cancel if no further info. 

No wonder their sales are down.

• Like 3
  • Surprise 3

V Camuto handbag TSV with zippered gusset, sides and bottom.

OAP showing her own with her makeup, phone, 'hidden chocolate stash' (that tired cliche, again?!?!?) demonstrates the gusset close - only IT DOESN'T ! LOL

Around the second corner heading north - stuck.

Let's move on and pretend it never happened........we've all seen that before. OK.

Jayne is yapping on about the colorways 10 minutes later and is absentmindedly closing the gusset.........LOLOLOL 🤣

Zipper stuck in the exact location, different bag.

Maybe Sue Clifton of D&B had access to the bags before the show? 😉

• Like 3
  • Laugh 7
  • Surprise 2

That bag is cute, but it doesn't look like it would hold much and I always worry about those zippers snagging my clothes.  Plus, it's too expensive.

• Like 5

On 5/19/2019 at 2:28 PM, artisto said:

Yes...it is Kay Francis...

She was tall, elegant and looked great in clothes.

I also love classic movies.

Here is my favorite dress ever shown in the movies:

1846001821_images(2).jpg.cb551e2abb327829384ac65967a514d1.jpgJean Harlow

apparently..she couldn't sit down in itdownload.jpg.396438e8e96472a8aad40e48041861ea.jpg

Thanks so much, @artisto

Oh, yes - Jean Harlow on the set of "Dinner at Eight".  She never looked more beautiful, and that gorgeous gown is one of my all-time faves as well.  The days when gowns were gowns, needing their own stand for the wearer, lol.  What a great movie, and the last scene with her and Marie Dressler is one for the ages.

Remember "The Hollywood Collection"?  It was a line of fashion jewelry inspired by old-time movie stars.  Replicas of jewelry worn on-screen as well as off-screen.  It was on HSN, featuring a host at that time named Charlene Lake.  I purchased two rings from this collection:  An Art-Deco style ring that was a replica of the one worn by Carole Lombard at the premiere of "Gone With The Wind", and the other was a lovely simulated emerald I purchased for my mother that was a replica of a ring worn by Jean Harlow herself.  Would love to see "The Hollywood Collection" come back on a shopping channel.

And QVC still sells items from the Elizabeth Taylor Collection as well as the Grace Kelly Collection.  Last year, I purchased the "Rue de Paris" necklace from the GK Collection, and it is just beautiful.  Classic simplicity, which can be worn casual or dressy.  It's a replica of a necklace created by Coco Chanel in the 1920's.  The Grace Kelly product rep is Phil Katz, who was the product rep for the Jacqueline Kennedy Collection and is a true gentleman.  The link for the necklace is below.

https://www.qvc.com/Grace-Kelly-Collection-Rue-de-Paris-Station-Necklace.product.J346317.html

Edited by LadyR · Reason: Hooray for Hollywood
  • Like 7

26 minutes ago, 7EasyPayments said:

V Camuto handbag TSV with zippered gusset, sides and bottom.

OAP showing her own with her makeup, phone, 'hidden chocolate stash' (that tired cliche, again?!?!?) demonstrates the gusset close - only IT DOESN'T ! LOL

Around the second corner heading north - stuck.

Let's move on and pretend it never happened........we've all seen that before. OK.

Jayne is yapping on about the colorways 10 minutes later and is absentmindedly closing the gusset.........LOLOLOL 🤣

Zipper stuck in the exact location, different bag.

Maybe Sue Clifton of D&B had access to the bags before the show? 😉

I live for this shit.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 9

1 hour ago, Autumn Love said:

I haven't ordered anything in a while.  I ordered something 2 weeks ago...in stock...I look today, and it was put in Advanced Order.  Huh?  

Q -- get it together!  2 weeks and still not processed??!!!  In stock/not in stock?  Make up your mind.

they just finally admitted there's a problem with the "new warehouse" which seems as though it's been going on for at least a year.  that should have been figured out before they built and opened it,  should not be the customer's problem,  which it has been since at least Jan 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

they just finally admitted there's a problem with the "new warehouse" which seems as though it's been going on for at least a year.  that should have been figured out before they built and opened it,  should not be the customer's problem,  which it has been since at least Jan 

I have been waiting 2 weeks for my order. I haven’t ordered from the Q in some time and now I remember why.

• Like 4

I have rarely had problems with order delivery until one order recently.  Ordered May 4 and not received by expected delivery date. Appeared to be stuck en route or at the Post Office.  Called Customer Service last Friday (May 17) and they were super accommodating; offered to send a new order, which I accepted.

Today the original order arrived!  How weird is that? CS told me  that if this happened, I can return the second order with no return shipping charges.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Autumn Love said:

ITA.  Even though I snark on him, IM 24/7 pants in tall consistently fit well (I have a hard time finding pants that have more than a 31 inseam).  He was on with Leah - they had a couple colors that were reduced ($29) and I also picked up a beige checked pair.  I bought the black check pants last year and got a ton of compliments,  That was two weeks ago, all were in stock and I received an e-mail the same day saying that they had my order.  I'm still waiting.  Yesterday I placed an order with Amazon bought two pair of yoga pants and T-shirts and a new cover for my phone.  I have Prime, but I didn't need to have anything in the order right away, so I chose a delivery date later in the week.  Opened my e-mail this morning, two e-mails in my box both from Amazon.  First one told me my order was on its way along with tracking numbers, second was a $10 credit thanking me for not asking to have them shipped ASAP.  I don't order a ton of stuff from them but there are a few items I can't find locally so I purchase from them. I don't know what I'd do without them for Christmas - Amazon (vs. the Q's same old same old product every year) has a lot of unique items.  I'm sure tje Q will be rolling out their light up cars and racing track, an Apple product that is at least a year old, and let's not forget David's oversized home decorations.

ITA we would be an excellent focus group for the Q; I wouldn't be surprised that they don't have someone that checks in on these sites.  Obviously, they don't act on our recommendations.

Apologies for going off topic for a minute.  For all of our sparkly snarking friends living in northern Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas; please take care and be safe tonight.  I know It's been a rough day for you all and are in my thoughts this evening.  

Edited by String Theory
  • Like 12

36 minutes ago, String Theory said:

ITA.  Even though I snark on him, IM 24/7 pants in tall consistently fit well (I have a hard time finding pants that have more than a 31 inseam).  He was on with Leah - they had reduced ($29 for a couple colors and I also picked up a beige checked pair).  I bought the black check pants last year and got a ton of compliments,  That was two weeks ago, all were in stock and I received an e-mail saying that they had my order.  Still waiting.  Yesterday I placed an order with Amazon bought two pair of yoga pants and T-shirts and a new cover for my phone.  I have Prime, but I didn't need to have anything in the order right away, so I chose a delivery date later in the week.  Opened my e-mail this morning, two e-mails in my box both from Amazon.  First one told me my order was on its way along with tracking, second was a $10 credit thanking me for not asking to have them shipped ASAP.  I don't order a ton of stuff from them but there are a few items I can't find locally so I buy them there.  I don't know what I'd do without them for Christmas - Amazon (vs. the Q's same old same old product every year) has alot of unique items.  

ITA we would be an excellent focus group for the Q; I wouldn't be surprised that they don't have someone that checks in on these sites.  Obviously, they don't act on our recommendations.

Sorry but need to go off topic for a minute.   For all of my snarking friends living in northern Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas; please take care and be safe tonight.  I know It's been a rough day for you all and are in my thoughts this evening.  

Add Arkansas and Missouri.  There's a good-sized tornado in NE Oklahoma right now that has weakened a bit but it could potentially hit NW Arkansas and SW Missouri if it holds together.

There is going to be a major flooding problem in parts of OK, KS, and MO.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 2
  • Sad 3

5 hours ago, hummingbird said:

Thanks for info.  I haven't heard about it.

"Here's the thing" -- (sorry, I couldn't resist using that line)...it hasn't even been processed in the past two weeks.  It said "in processing" for several days...then, it was showing "advanced order."  CS rep said it has not even been processed/not yet shipped. 

Prices going up...shipping, well, good luck with that---ya just never know...quality control issues, etc.  Not the same Q from even a few years ago.  Back then, sometimes things would arrive so quickly, it was impressive. 

Oh well...I'll just cancel and shop someplace else.   I'll probably get my new purchase before the Q gets around to shipping the current order.  You know it!

• Like 4

LadyR-I loved The Hollywood Collection also. And all the stories that went with each piece of jewelry. And sometimes they would have pictures of them wearing the item in a film or in real life. Very interesting. Bring it back. I have a couple of rings. One I think was a ring Carole Lombard wore on her honeymoon and another was a ruby surrounded by small diamonds. Faux of course. 

• Like 2

LadyR.  I just read your post again. Was your art deco ring squarish with black stones?  I was thinking CL wore it on her honeymoon but it could have been the movie!  Great looking ring. 

• Like 2

I have never had quick shipping to MN from QVC.  A good 7-10 days as they (sometimes) say on air.  Perhaps folks on the east coast have had faster shipping.

• Like 2

Here is the Barbara Bixby tsv ring from awhile back that I believe was under $80 which is the cheapest I've ever seen her jewelry and very substantial and actually pretty.

1434544967_qvc316.thumb.jpg.ef6be3f590e86eed1cf0221c39b83d27.jpg

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Thumper said:

I have never had quick shipping to MN from QVC.  A good 7-10 days as they (sometimes) say on air.  Perhaps folks on the east coast have had faster shipping.

Nope. I’m in the Philadelphia area (not far from QVC actually) and often have to wait 2 weeks for delivery.

• Like 2
  • Surprise 3

1 hour ago, mpeeps said:

Here is the Barbara Bixby tsv ring from awhile back that I believe was under $80 which is the cheapest I've ever seen her jewelry and very substantial and actually pretty.

This ring was on Shop LC.  Seriously.  I was stunned.  

• Like 1
  • Surprise 1

4 hours ago, Thumper said:

Not really.  I'm in the northeast and a good 7-10 days can go by before I receive some qvc pkgs.  I even forget what I ordered at that point!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

Not really.  I'm in the northeast and a good 7-10 days can go by before I receive some qvc pkgs.  I even forget what I ordered at that point!

I forget too, @mpeeps!  😄

• Like 3

On 5/12/2019 at 8:55 PM, Thumper said:

Just found the dress online.  Might order it.   Looks "substantial" weight which is better for me (doesn't hug).  lol  The straight design is good.  I know it's a lot of money, but if it looks good (some Old Navy are cute, but not always  for my body), it's worth it.  Problem:  I click on the red, it says "blue;" I click on the blue, it says "red!"  Taking my chances -- I like both colors.  😛

This dress arrived today.

https://www.qvc.com/Denim-%26-Co-Solid-French-Terry-Grommet-Dress.product.A354154.html?productNumber=A354154&sc=ISRC

@hummingbird, you asked me to report back.  I ordered it in Large.  I like the substantial weight, and it fits well through my bust and underarms (no gap).   It is more bell-shaped (wide) through the body than I expected and than it appeared on TV, though.  I'd consider ordering in a Medium, but for me that may be too tight in the bust.  I am keeping it, but it's something I'll wear at home when it's very hot or I just want a loose garment, or maybe with capri leggings underneath as loungewear.   Don't think I'd wear it out as it is so wide through the body.  Might be a better fit for a Pear shape (I'm an Apple).  Possibly could be (ever-commented by QVC) a swimsuit coverup!   I think you (HB) can wear more slimming clothes than I can, so I'm not sure you would like it.

I'll see how it is after it's washed, too.

• Like 4

Dropped tornado warning...now changed to heavy wind and rain.  All local channels staying on weather...not doing news.  West Chester should be safe now.  And the Q is still on the air.  All okay.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Autumn Love said:

Local news reporting West Chester, PA on edge of tornado watch.--until 11:30 p.m. tonight.

10 hours ago, Autumn Love said:

Dropped tornado warning...now changed to heavy wind and rain.  All local channels staying on weather...not doing news.  West Chester should be safe now.  And the Q is still on the air.  All okay.  

Last night, security made Antonella move off of the set they were using on QVC2.  It's the set they use for power washing and outdoor stuff.  It used to be part of the warehouse, I think.  You could hear the rain over their microphones.  They took a long break and came back from another area that was quiet.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

With things like A-350606, I really wonder if Q is trying to figure out how many people will fall for something.

You can get stuff like that on an Amzn lightning deal for $20.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

You can get stuff like that on an Amzn lightning deal for $20.

Does that include the gigantic knot or is that extra?

• Laugh 3

2 minutes ago, Puddy said:

Does that include the gigantic knot or is that extra?

Extra

image.png.592fb8a9e94aba02b2e6dd3dae9c9259.png

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

1 hour ago, LeeDenny said:

Extra

Oh dear!  I remember those!  

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

2 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

Extra

image.png.592fb8a9e94aba02b2e6dd3dae9c9259.png

As long as we don't go back to the days when you would tuck the bottom of your t-shirt through the collar to make a much smaller top.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

33 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

As long as we don't go back to the days when you would tuck the bottom of your t-shirt through the collar to make a much smaller top.

I will bet Shawn did that.

• Laugh 1