Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Yes, Leah has taken over almost all morning time right after the newbie nightshift......which came first: dump Katie&Gabrielle or Leah needs more airtime?    Cut throat.

I would much rather watch Leah than Katie and Gobby - watching those two is like watching paint dry.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, Booney said:

I would much rather watch Leah than Katie and Gobby - watching those two is like watching paint dry.

Yeah 

i get the impression from Gobby that she doesn’t need the job KWIM ?, she just doing it and would be happy at home with her kids she is OK.   Of course  i could be wrong 

 

Katie is boring she knows her stuff but there’s no spark either to like or hate 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, Booney said:

I would much rather watch Leah than Katie and Gobby - watching those two is like watching paint dry.

Gobby isn't horrible.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Gobby isn't horrible.

Agree, just dull. There are times when she just seems bored and doesn't muster up any enthusiasm for certain products. She often seemed that way when paired with HB - there was absolutely no chemistry there IMO.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Qurate wants to create exciting, relatable personalities.  Katie and Gobby are utilitarian workhorses to them, but not intoxicatingly exciting. 

People love David and Shawn.  People love Jill and Mary Beth.  They are exploitable personalities (expiration dates approaching).

It's a dog eat dog eat has been host business. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Qurate wants to create exciting, relatable personalities.  Katie and Gobby are utilitarian workhorses to them, but not intoxicatingly exciting. 

People love David and Shawn.  People love Jill and Mary Beth.  They are exploitable personalities (expiration dates approaching).

It's a dog eat dog eat has been host business. 

Yeah, I guess in theory Shawn was last new one to break through with the viewers or more the brass. They've hired a lot of new "young" people but I don't see anyone breaking out. People like Kathy Levine, Lisa and David are very rare. It was also a different time only 5 years ago. Now, people are in to Amazon and other shopping sites. They don't care to get to the know the new people. Like all things first, QVC was the place now it's kind of antiquated.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Yeah, I guess in theory Shawn was last new one to break through with the viewers or more the brass. They've hired a lot of new "young" people but I don't see anyone breaking out. People like Kathy Levine, Lisa and David are very rare. It was also a different time only 5 years ago. Now, people are in to Amazon and other shopping sites. They don't care to get to the know the new people. Like all things first, QVC was the place now it's kind of antiquated.

But -- but --- -- JRT's wearing multiple leather items!😜😜😂

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Thumper said:

But -- but --- -- JRT's wearing multiple leather items!😜😜😂

And 5 lbs. of cool make-up !🤡

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Whenever I see NYDJ  my mind thinks DKNY like the old Donna Karan lines..I might be dyslexic.  

Same thing happens to me. We aren't dyslexic. The marketing people are very cunning.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

This is just a bad dress.  No scarf noose nor faux denim jacket can save it.  It looks too big on everybody.

Screenshot (431).png

I'm not liking the dress too.  I used to sew my own clothes and also made clothing for family & friends.  I'm not a fan of any "shark bite and high-low" hems on clothing. It's because of noticeable seams, hemline stitching and seeing the reverse side of fabrics. . I'd like to see more tunic lengths tops and straight edge hems on dresses. 👍🙂

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, ImaTart said:

I'd like to see more tunic lengths tops and straight edge hems on dresses. 👍🙂

Cosign!  I will say that I thought Amy's boots looked cute with the dress.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Halston did the same dress for QVC,  might be cute for the summer for 19.00 but that's is all it's worth

 

they are certainly working Gary more, he must sell.  

Edited by hummingbird
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I was looking at the program guide for today. Pretty boring overall, with hours of the Total Gym. At 10:00 pm, there's a "Now You're Cooking" show, and the hosts are listed as Mary Beth and Amy. That's kind of a weird pairing, and does Amy do cooking shows?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Maybe to demonstrate that even an idiot can operate the Vitamix TSV and an Instantpot. 

David's Sunday show features the infamous Copper Chef TSV, the one with 2 fry baskets. Surprised they haven't unloaded the excess on HSN yet.

Speaking of which, What's New shows coins!  I knew it was just a matter of time till HSN'S coin guy showed up.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, Booney said:

I would much rather watch Leah than Katie and Gobby - watching those two is like watching paint dry.

I agree.  Katie is unwatchable, she whistles when she speaks 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

If you remember my post from yesterday or the day before, you'll remember that I have discovered I have moved into a new shoe size after almost 25 years or so.  All of my size 6.5 shoes that I own currently fit, but I was running into trouble buying shoes since last Spring, so I'm looking at purchasing some sandals, wedges, etc.  QVC is having a clearance sale...so I thought "let's take a hard look at this".

I fell into the QVC trap. I had about 7 pair of shoes on my wish list at QVC's website.  I found 6 pair of the 7 pair for less - anywhere from a couple of dollars to $10, with one pair at almost $24 less - primarily on 6pm.com, which is where I buy the majority of my shoes out of season.  Then, most of the QVC shoes had $5.50 shipping.  6pm is free if you spend $50 or more, which typically means you have to buy 2 pair from them to get free shipping (easy for me to do...very easy!)

Research, research, research.  And research again!

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, ImaTart said:

I'm not liking the dress too.  I used to sew my own clothes and also made clothing for family & friends.  I'm not a fan of any "shark bite and high-low" hems on clothing. It's because of noticeable seams, hemline stitching and seeing the reverse side of fabrics. . I'd like to see more tunic lengths tops and straight edge hems on dresses. 👍🙂

I'm with you on this peeve.  Classic example below of a shirt that would be servicable bordering on attractive, but for the obvious corner-cutting done with a printed fabric.  All it would have required is pennies more fabric and a bit more labor to fold back the cuff (or whatever that is called). Susan-Graver.A343061

Screenshot (434).png

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

Yes, the reverse print side looks tacky. They could have lined the ruffle cuffs. That's what I would have done if t was my sewing project.

I hate uneven hems too.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/18/2019 at 3:17 PM, JohnnyStar5 said:

Qurate wants to create exciting, relatable personalities.  Katie and Gobby are utilitarian workhorses to them, but not intoxicatingly exciting. 

People love David and Shawn.  People love Jill and Mary Beth.  They are exploitable personalities (expiration dates approaching).

It's a dog eat dog eat has been host business. 

it's like the scene in Private Parts where they tell the bosses that the biggest audience was the people that hated Howard and they listened to see what he would say next  (paraphrasing) .  

I am not watching Diva, or  Jill or JRT because I like them it's because of "what are they gonna say or do or wear that's so ridiculous today ) 

Katie, Gobby and some others don't come close

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Etherbunny said:

I agree.  Katie is unwatchable, she whistles when she speaks 

Thank you, thank , thank you !!!!!!!!

I thought I was the only one who notisshhhhed. That requires an immediate channel change !! LOL

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

MBR and her “easy pies”, “here’s the thing” and now Rick and his toupee with “come on in”.......OY!

I like MBR, Rick and his plastic hair, NO!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, Etherbunny said:

MBR and her “easy pies”, “here’s the thing” and now Rick and his toupee with “come on in”.......OY!

I like MBR, Rick and his plastic hair, NO!

Rick and his blonde highlights. The struggle is real. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Rick and his blonde highlights. The struggle is real. 

I misspoke........the most annoying person ever, Dennis Simone from the Treak’d aka Ojon.  He is very disturbing 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Etherbunny said:

I misspoke........the most annoying person ever, Dennis Simone from the Treak’d aka Ojon.  He is very disturbing 

More wonder plants for hair 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

They couldn't get David Venable to present the Total Gym ?

Hook it up so every time he did a pull-up with the straps, a deep fried scallop/Cheryls cookie/Mrs. Prinables apple popped into his mouth ?

C'mon Q !!! Product innovation !!!

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

More wonder plants for hair 

He plays up that accent of his.  Not too sure where it’s from, he’s from Ontario IIRC

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, 7EasyPayments said:

They couldn't get David Venable to present the Total Gym ?

Hook it up so every time he did a pull-up with the straps, a deep fried scallop/Cheryls cookie/Mrs. Prinables apple popped into his mouth ?

C'mon Q !!! Product innovation !!!

David might be too heavy for the Total Gym. Just sayin.......

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, ByaNose said:

David might be too heavy for the Total Gym. Just sayin.......

Forgot ----- there may indeed be a weight limit. 

Nutrisystem shakes, all around !!!! 8Greens too !!! LOLOLOL ;)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I think MaryBeth is trolling us now. She has said, “Here’s the thing” at least 25 or 30 times during Now You’re Cookng Show and there’s still an hour to go. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, 7EasyPayments said:

They couldn't get David Venable to present the Total Gym ?

Hook it up so every time he did a pull-up with the straps, a deep fried scallop/Cheryls cookie/Mrs. Prinables apple popped into his mouth ?

C'mon Q !!! Product innovation !!!

David must have an iron stomach.  If I ingested even half the food he does on ITKWD, I’d have to pay a visit to the restroom 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I think MaryBeth is trolling us now. She has said, “Here’s the thing” at least 25 or 30 times during Now You’re Cookng Show and there’s still an hour to go. 

I hope before MaryBeth retires she reveals what “ the thing” is.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

I still like Rick!  Maybe because he's a Minnesota guy.  Admit I hardly ever watch the shows he hosts.  I think he's in on the joke of his "act."

So.  You think that's a toupee; hmmm?

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Thumper said:

I still like Rick!  Maybe because he's a Minnesota guy.  Admit I hardly ever watch the shows he hosts.  I think he's in on the joke of his "act."

So.  You think that's a toupee; hmmm?

he definitely doesn't take it seriously,  but I haz a sad on the toupee, a woman can get away with changing wigs but a guy gives up a toupee ?!  not so easy  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

so it's early and I usually don't watch the cooking day but MCM has a bunch of gadgets stuff most under 25$ and clearance today would be a perfect day for a "shopping cart" spend $50 get free shipping , #wonthappen

set of 3 microplanes 20$, egg cooker 18$ 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Thumper said:

I still like Rick!  Maybe because he's a Minnesota guy.  Admit I hardly ever watch the shows he hosts.  I think he's in on the joke of his "act."

So.  You think that's a toupee; hmmm?

Yes I do.  I live near the West Chester area and was “invited” to do a survey re ez pies and their Q-Card.  In any event, Rick walked by while I was waiting, and in person, it’s VERY obvious.  The texture of the “hair” is different than real hair.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Rick's hair has always been bad, so obvious that it is a wig!  With all the money that he makes, he could certainly afford a better one, or for that matter, a hair transplant. Maybe he could start using the spray on hair that Diva uses!  (Have never been so snarky before...it is kinda fun!)

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Doesthatmakesense said:

Rick's hair has always been bad, so obvious that it is a wig!  With all the money that he makes, he could certainly afford a better one, or for that matter, a hair transplant. Maybe he could start using the spray on hair that Diva uses!  (Have never been so snarky before...it is kinda fun!)

I've wondered if those hair transplants are like weight loss procedures......not as easy as the industries/advertisements make them sound.  I see many men and women too with tons of money but they don't go for them.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, AnnaCody said:

I've wondered if those hair transplants are like weight loss procedures......not as easy as the industries/advertisements make them sound.  I see many men and women too with tons of money but they don't go for them.  

It would seem to me that they would hurt like holy hell.  Conversely, Joe Buck, Fox Sports answer to Bob Costas, has admitted to being "addicted" to the procedure.  If I were Rick, I wouldn't do it either.  Couple more years and he can retire to Minnesota, or wherever he wants, and live in bald peace and contentment.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

David just did a trivia question about whether there was such a thing as a Carrot Stick in the UK when, during and after WWII, sugar was heavily rationed. 

The answer is apparently yes, the carrot was considered sweeter than an apple and was put on a stick and dipped in toffee (caramel).

1. As a British person with a mum who lived through rationing I have never heard of this. 

2. If sugar was on ration, how was the toffee being made? 

Yours truly

Confused, UK. 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Filed under:  Things You Won't See on QVC (For At Least Two Years)

whowhatwear

Sport sandals -- yay!  Utility pants -- yay!!  Tie dye -- maybe yay!

The rest of it probably not in my life too much.  (I appreciate neutrals, but I need some bright in my life!)

Padded headband reminds me of that hair-grower thingie that Q sells.  But they are cute.

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, Burly said:

David just did a trivia question about whether there was such a thing as a Carrot Stick in the UK when, during and after WWII, sugar was heavily rationed. 

The answer is apparently yes, the carrot was considered sweeter than an apple and was put on a stick and dipped in toffee (caramel).

1. As a British person with a mum who lived through rationing I have never heard of this. 

2. If sugar was on ration, how was the toffee being made? 

Yours truly

Confused, UK. 

I am the same and mine never forgot the deprevations and have never heard of that but too lazy to wiki or google 

sugar was needed for tea !!!!!!!!!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, Burly said:

David just did a trivia question about whether there was such a thing as a Carrot Stick in the UK when, during and after WWII, sugar was heavily rationed. 

The answer is apparently yes, the carrot was considered sweeter than an apple and was put on a stick and dipped in toffee (caramel).

1. As a British person with a mum who lived through rationing I have never heard of this. 

2. If sugar was on ration, how was the toffee being made? 

Yours truly

Confused, UK. 

Apparently while carrots were used as an alternative sweetener during the war and there were all sorts of recipes passed around (carrot consumption being encouraged by the government), the carrot on a stick dipped in toffee was the creation of a sweets shop owner in London.  So it was likely a very local thing.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Apparently while carrots were used as an alternative sweetener during the war and there were all sorts of recipes passed around (carrot consumption being encouraged by the government), the carrot on a stick dipped in toffee was the creation of a sweets shop owner in London.  So it was likely a very local thing.

Aha

my mother was from the north 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Yikes.  $70 for 6 pounds of seasoned ground beef chuck from Rastelli (Italian, taco, or signature).  Nearly $12 a pound!  Apparently inspired by David's new cookbook.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I do feel for Rick.  Being on TV, shaving his head one day probably wouldn’t go over too well with the viewers.  But his fake hair, is very obvious in person, and somewhat obvious on TV

31 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Yikes.  $70 for 6 pounds of seasoned ground beef chuck from Rastelli (Italian, taco, or signature).  Nearly $12 a pound!  Apparently inspired by David's new cookbook.

Who on earth is buying this?

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×