Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

QVC

The Q has had red head model Jessica on for every TSV presentation today.  (she started @ midnight kick-off last night).  Guess she's their only model available to demo the wide calf boot option.  She's very pretty - love her red hair.  

Shoe shopping with Jane on at 9pm.  She's sure to be on hyper-mode with footwear as the TSV.

Annnnd ...  I caved and ordered the boots.  I have a few pairs of Mark Fisher shoes/boots and the fit & quality are great for me.  I ordered the black suede with medium calf ... they have been calling my name all day.  ha!! 

Please QVC,  do NOT mess with me in shipping these out.  If I get another l-o-n-g "in process" or "back order" flip flop again I will be done shopping with them.

• Like 15

Hey all, longtime lurker, first-time poster.

Listening to the Gourmet Holiday show on the Youtube stream. Some of these prices are ridiculous. $40 for three jars of trail mix?! And that's supposedly a marked down price.

• Like 19

I guess people are just trying to figure out the new set-up.

I hate those Holiday Food Shows or whatever they are called.  They are a "click" for me.

• Like 16

17 minutes ago, BuyMoreAndSave said:

Listening to the Gourmet Holiday show on the Youtube stream. Some of these prices are ridiculous. $40 for three jars of trail mix?! And that's supposedly a marked down price.

Welcome, @BuyMoreAndSave

But it's Jill's special sorority brand of Germack with the breathtakingly creative addition of -- wait for it! -- candy corn!

Christy Fletcher:  "Jill ran up to me in the parking lot and asked if we could also have honey peanuts!"

• Like 20

17 minutes ago, Bronxie Babe said:

Welcome, @BuyMoreAndSave

But it's Jill's special sorority brand of Germack with the breathtakingly creative addition of -- wait for it! -- candy corn!

Christy Fletcher:  "Jill ran up to me in the parking lot and asked if we could also have honey peanuts!"

That's the most ridiculous part, most of it is peanuts and sugar, which are cheap. Isn't candy corn considered to be "gross" to a lot of people? Also, they're selling 12 miniature 5" pizzas for $60...what? And the "dough" is made of chicken instead of actual dough. WTH? As an Italian-American and fourth-generation New Yorker, I am deeply baffled and alarmed.

I just play QVC in the background for noise while I'm working (or can't sleep, haha!) I've actually never bought anything off there...and with "quality, value, and convenience" like this, maybe I never will!

Edited by BuyMoreAndSave
  • Like 24

6 minutes ago, BuyMoreAndSave said:

That's the most ridiculous part, most of it is peanuts and sugar, which are cheap. Also, they're selling 12 miniature 5" pizzas for $60...what? And the "dough" is made of chicken instead of actual dough. WTH? As an Italian-American and fourth-generation New Yorker, I am deeply baffled and alarmed.

I just play QVC in the background for noise while I'm working (or can't sleep, haha!) I've actually never bought anything off there...and with "quality, value, and convenience" like this, maybe I never will!

IKWYM. For years they sold frozen chicken patties for around $68. I can get the same type frozen chicken patties for $5.49 for 10. 

I was cruising the QVC website but didn't find the Stuffin' Gourmet items. I didn't know they dropped that company. Good. The OAP and his creepy mustache were a turn off. I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did with his bad reviews.

• Like 14

They must move these crazily over-priced food items. It makes me feel bad for people who don't know better and really think Sharon is losing her mind over each and every bite of talapia. Talapia...really? Google it.

• Like 18

52 minutes ago, BuyMoreAndSave said:

Welcome, and c'mon in~

3 minutes ago, BecomingLimited said:

Talapia...really?

Exactly.  The food items are a real puzzler.

• Like 15

27 minutes ago, BecomingLimited said:

They must move these crazily over-priced food items. It makes me feel bad for people who don't know better and really think Sharon is losing her mind over each and every bite of talapia. Talapia...really? Google it.

Agree.   Ms gourmet-Sharon ... Tilapia = bottom feeding garbage fish.  

• Like 18

1 hour ago, brini said:

The Q has had red head model Jessica on for every TSV presentation today.  (she started @ midnight kick-off last night).  Guess she's their only model available to demo the wide calf boot option.  She's very pretty - love her red hair.  

Shoe shopping with Jane on at 9pm.  She's sure to be on hyper-mode with footwear as the TSV.

Annnnd ...  I caved and ordered the boots.  I have a few pairs of Mark Fisher shoes/boots and the fit & quality are great for me.  I ordered the black suede with medium calf ... they have been calling my name all day.  ha!! 

Please QVC,  do NOT mess with me in shipping these out.  If I get another l-o-n-g "in process" or "back order" flip flop again I will be done shopping with them.

Hope you like your boots!  Is that the same model that always models for Graver?

• Like 7

Yes Jessica is on with Graver frequently.  Really pretty skin and her red hair is gorgeous.  She's also a "Wen girl" which surprised me.  I just noticed her doing the Wen shows the last time Chaz the spaz was in Pennsylvania for a marathon of shows.

Edited by brini
  • Like 10

3 minutes ago, brini said:

Agree.   Ms gourmet-Sharon ... Tilapia = bottom feeding garbage fish.  

And the fish that has the highest occurence of being mislabeled.  And kind of junk fish is labeled and sold as Tilapia. 

• Like 13

11 minutes ago, brini said:

Yes Jessica is on with Graver frequently.  Really pretty skin and her red hair is gorgeous.  She's also a "Wen girl" which surprised me.  I just noticed her doing the Wen shows the last time Chaz the spaz was in Pennsylvania for a marathon of shows.

Kim Gravel likes to put in in front of the mirror and remind her how pretty she is (duh, she is drop dead gorgeous) and that she married a doctor. What year is it 1957? Gravuh panders to her as well. At least she is not on CaCas shows. There is definitely a caste system for the models, am I right? Probably has nothing to do with the cult everyone over there belongs to. Snark.

• Like 16

33 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I like the fit of the TSV boots, but I really have a thing against boots that are only half leather.

Me too!! and i don't think a "stretch" back looks very appealing. Looks as if it's intended for legs that can't fit normal boots lol. i have chubby calves myself but I won't tolerate it.

• Like 10

11 minutes ago, CueVeeCeeGirl said:

I really wish Feh would grow that dreadful hair out. I can't even understand her hair at the point.

Her hair reminds me of Bobby Goldsboro's "helmet" hair. Lol 

• Like 13

Am I the only one that hates the burnished toe on a lot of the boots they've been selling? 

I saw a pair I liked a week ago but it had the damn burnished toe and heel so I passed on them.

• Like 15

3 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

And Sharon always tells us how she feeds her kids.  With today's shrimp: I give each kid four....  what if they want five? NO!

Also with the shrimp, did u catch Dan asking the gal where the shrimp was sourced and she quickly and quietly mumbles "Vietnam", as if embarrassed by it?

LOL!! This made me laugh so loudly

Edited by CueVeeCeeGirl
  • Like 11

44 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

And Sharon always tells us how she feeds her kids.  With today's shrimp: I give each kid four....  what if they want five? NO!

Also with the shrimp, did u catch Dan asking the gal where the shrimp was sourced and she quickly and quietly mumbles "Vietnam", as if embarrassed by it?

This is one of those moments when a host should prepare before going on live tv and NOT asking an oops! question. 

• Like 18

4 hours ago, BuyMoreAndSave said:

Welcome, BuyMore! ?

Edited by DownTheShore
  • Like 7

JRT's Graver top looks like a target on her body.  She turned to show her backside -- leggings/pants are too tight for JRT.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, DownTheShore said:

Jane just said that the upcoming Graver TSV is the last Graver TSV of the year. Didn't she always have a coat one on on Thanksgiving?

Merge!

I  read on the Qboard that the Tday TSV is a Rinna item.  Whaaaaaat?!!!!!  ?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, DownTheShore said:

Jane just said that the upcoming Graver TSV is the last Graver TSV of the year. Didn't she always have a coat one on on Thanksgiving?

Graver mentioned a awhile back that she "wouldn't be doing her usual Thanksgiving Day coat TSV".  I only remember this b/c she mentioned it on the night last month when I ordered that other Graver coat which ended up never being shipped to me - when my order,kept flipping from processing ->back order,and back again.   (my "Q dosent know what they have in inventory" rant).  She just briefly mentioned no TSV coat, look for a TSV from her 11/3 (todays), and then hinted "but I may have something on Q2 for Thanksgiving".  Thats all she said about it, kinda was dropping a hint to check Q2 around Thanksgiving I think.

• Like 13

27 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Saw these today on QVC's website.  Thoughts?

a361544.jpg

a361550.jpg

a361828.jpg

My thoughts are they are maybe Q's attempt to be HIGH END MADISON AVENUE LADIES WHO LUNCH? I mean they are way stylish - I do actually like the first one  (floral) but would not purchase because it's too limiting. I would complement someone wearing THAT ONE though. The black one hurts my feet to just look at  it. The last, is pretty cool actually but again I would not buy it but i would complement someone wearing it.

• Like 11

39 minutes ago, mayvenne said:

My thoughts are they are maybe Q's attempt to be HIGH END MADISON AVENUE LADIES WHO LUNCH? I mean they are way stylish - I do actually like the first one  (floral) but would not purchase because it's too limiting. I would complement someone wearing THAT ONE though. The black one hurts my feet to just look at  it. The last, is pretty cool actually but again I would not buy it but i would complement someone wearing it.

Logo Lori?

And thanks to SuprSuprElevated.  I checked out the beauty box on the Q and ordered it ?. Only item I won’t use is the eye liner but I still thought it was a good price. 

• Like 7

52 minutes ago, mayvenne said:

I wouldn't fall down and hit my head if I saw someone wearing any of them, but for me, I don't spend good money on things this trendy.  They were all north of $100 bucks IIRC.  I agree with you, the last two make my feet hurt just viewing them.

• Like 10

4 hours ago, brini said:

Graver mentioned a awhile back that she "wouldn't be doing her usual Thanksgiving Day coat TSV".  I only remember this b/c she mentioned it on the night last month when I ordered that other Graver coat which ended up never being shipped to me - when my order,kept flipping from processing ->back order,and back again.   (my "Q dosent know what they have in inventory" rant).  She just briefly mentioned no TSV coat, look for a TSV from her 11/3 (todays), and then hinted "but I may have something on Q2 for Thanksgiving".  Thats all she said about it, kinda was dropping a hint to check Q2 around Thanksgiving I think.

she has 2 grandkids now,  could be she wants to spend TG with family?

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, AuntCarol said:

Logo Lori?

And thanks to SuprSuprElevated.  I checked out the beauty box on the Q and ordered it ?. Only item I won’t use is the eye liner but I still thought it was a good price. 

ymw

14 minutes ago, AuntCarol said:

Logo Lori?

At least one was a 9-West product.  Can't remember what brands on the others.  None were Loco Lolo's.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

Could Susie Dyson's new job have something to do with the HSN/q merger?

All we really know is it will be an on-air gig.  "...won't be on the air for a while" or something like that.  My guess is OAP for another product, but could be host I suppose.  I didn't think they were needing one, even though Alex was canned.  Christine sort of filled that gap.  Now if they're expecting some retirements...

• Like 10

Speculation Susie may be on BeautyIQ, as she did some video work with Ulta and Sephora..   maybe bring other hosts back to regular Q...    NOT ELISE IVEY!! NOT ELISE IVEY!!

• Like 9

Not quite sure what to make of the bundling of the Graver TSV today but wow some of those prints are pretty

L O U D!! and the fact that you're FORCED to buy them even if you only want the solid one.

Edited by Fishy · Reason: spelling
  • Like 13

It’s nice to see Louis Dell’Olio on this morning with more than one item. It’s not so nice to see the same old Qrap (Philosophy - I’m looking at you). After a hiatus for vacation and getting caught up, I come back to the same old junk being sold ad infinitum - ugh.

Speaking of Philosophy, maybe I’m becoming an old curmudgeon, but I get especially annoyed when the host or OAP has to read the inane “stories” from the Philosophy bottles. I really don’t care to hear Gingerbread Man's story, you know what I’m sayin’?

Edited by Booney
  • Like 16

Some of those Graver TSV's are really busy. That's a whole lot of pattern in one place. Which isn't a good thing. The solids are nice though.

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Booney said:

It’s nice to see Louis Dell’Olio on this morning with more than one item. It’s not so nice to see the same old Qrap (Philosophy - I’m looking at you). After a hiatus for vacation and getting caught up, I come back to the same old junk being sold ad infinitum - ugh.

Speaking of Philosophy, maybe I’m becoming an old curmudgeon, but I get especially annoyed when the host or OAP has to read the inane “stories” from the Philosophy bottles. I really don’t care to hear Gingerbread’s man story, you know what I’m sayin’?

Couldn't agree more about Philosophy - it's not enough that the product itself has become boring, but that OAP's voice, Mari lynn, is more annoying than anything.  Ugh

• Like 11

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

she has 2 grandkids now,  could be she wants to spend TG with family?

But the real question does her family want to spend TG with her?  Wonder if she's as hyper at home as she appears on the Q?

The cynic in me thinks we'll see her later this month with a "Top Value" (or whatever its called) on Q2.   Can't see Grater passing up on the chance to bring more $$$ in.  I think that TPTB are trying to insure/drive their existing market of Q's viewers to check out what Q2 offers, hoping that once they watch they'll stay/return to watch.   Even though I have Q2, I rarely watch.   I can't keep straight what's what over there, find it confusing when they switch to live broadcasting vs. showing re-runs of previous snore worthy presentations on "main" Q, which I find myself watching less of already. 

• Like 11

Those SG patterns are kooky crazy today.  I guess the black pattern isn't too horrible, but $50.00 for 2 polyester tops isn't a TSV price in my world. 

• Like 20

Pat deserves hazard pay for having to do three hours with Gravuh this morning. I’ve been watching her for only 15 minutes and I’m already exhausted. “Gaw-geous,” “winter white,” “women keep asking me,” blah, blah, blah. Blech!

• Like 15

10 hours ago, TexasTiffany said:

All I could think of when I heard this was Lieutenant Dan working on Forrest Gump's shrimping boat and the Vietnam connection.

forrest-gump-movie-clip-screenshot-pray-for-shrimp_large.jpg

• Like 18