Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Small Talk: Take A Break From Shop(ping) Talk

4 hours ago, PearlClutcher said:

So sad to hear about @seahag and @Cricket news.  I'm really bad at comforting words and I couldn't say it any better than what has already been said.  

I second this sentiment.  Nice to see the kind words and compassion shared on this thread as, in my opinion,it is becoming scarce these days especially in the world of social media and politics.  

Gray and gloomy for like the 17th day in a row here.  Hopefully tomorrow’s predicted snow is it.  I do see 60 degrees and sunshine in the extended forecast..but I will believe it when I see it.  A well known reality tv show is in town filming right now and of course it has to be terrible weather instead of sunny and warm. I am not a fan of the show, but I might tune in as any time there is even the slightest connection to this area, the local media goes nuts over it.

• Like 15

4 hours ago, PearlClutcher said:

So sad to hear about @seahag and @Cricket news.  I'm really bad at comforting words and I couldn't say it any better than what has already been said.  

Upthread there was talk of Queen Elizabeth.  She just lost her last Corgi from her original dog which a birthday present from her parents as a young girl.  I always thought she was rather unbothered by humans, but she did love her pets.  I thought this picture of her and one of her many Corgis was nice.  Love the pup's expression.

queen-elizabeth-corgi-1-gty-jt-171127_hpEmbed_2_1x1_992.jpg

She loves her doggies.  Good enough for me.  But then she is also an unfailingly staunch figurehead/public servant, who takes her duties seriously.  Dedication and steadfast resolve is also something to admire in this day and age.

• Like 19

3 hours ago, Snark Byte said:

The Queen gets an upvote from me- dogs know!

If my dog likes someone, I know they're OK.

That’s a sweet pic.....the Queen looks genuinely happy with that smile!

• Like 18

It is hard to think of another individual who has done her job so reliably, 24/7, for nearly 70 years.  Sure she has made mistakes here and there, but she has a strong moral and ethical code and she sticks to it and exemplifies it to everyone around her.  Gotta admire that.

• Like 20

9 minutes ago, Denver Hoosier said:

It is hard to think of another individual who has done her job so reliably, 24/7, for nearly 70 years.  Sure she has made mistakes here and there, but she has a strong moral and ethical code and she sticks to it and exemplifies it to everyone around her.  Gotta admire that.

Just imagine if her uncle had remained king. Sometimes things work out for the best. 

• Like 19

1 hour ago, CaffeinatedAunt79 said:

I second this sentiment.  Nice to see the kind words and compassion shared on this thread as, in my opinion,it is becoming scarce these days especially in the world of social media and politics.  

Gray and gloomy for like the 17th day in a row here.  Hopefully tomorrow’s predicted snow is it.  I do see 60 degrees and sunshine in the extended forecast..but I will believe it when I see it.  A well known reality tv show is in town filming right now and of course it has to be terrible weather instead of sunny and warm. I am not a fan of the show, but I might tune in as any time there is even the slightest connection to this area, the local media goes nuts over it.

Do tell!

• Like 10

3 hours ago, CaffeinatedAunt79 said:

Top Chef?

• Like 9

3 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

She loves her doggies.  Good enough for me.  But then she is also an unfailingly staunch figurehead/public servant, who takes her duties seriously.  Dedication and steadfast resolve is also something to admire in this day and age.

Absolutely.  Who will follow her? Idk who's next in line - Charles or William? 

article-2509280-197B8EC800000578-777_634x521.jpg

Edited by PearlClutcher · Reason: Because Royal Corgi Needed To Be Added
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Do tell!

It is “The Batchelorette”.  They are filming a hometown date with one of the remaining guys.  He moved away as did he parents, but they decided to do the hometown date here anyway.  Which means the only two things they will probably show is them eating chicken wings and visiting Niagara Falls!  At least most of the snow is melted so maybe when it airs the weather jokes will be kept to a minimum.

• Like 13

5 minutes ago, CaffeinatedAunt79 said:

It is “The Batchelorette”.  They are filming a hometown date with one of the remaining guys.  He moved away as did he parents, but they decided to do the hometown date here anyway.  Which means the only two things they will probably show is them eating chicken wings and visiting Niagara Falls!  At least most of the snow is melted so maybe when it airs the weather jokes will be kept to a minimum.

Anyone here have a date assisted by the script department?  Anyone?  Bueller?  Bueller?

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 10

39 minutes ago, Denver Hoosier said:

We are going to the zoo for Baby Girl's 2nd birthday in 2 weeks.  We will definitely be looking for a glimpse of little cutie Cerah.

We did a zoo day when my son turned two! I bought a birthday balloon and tied it to the back of his stroller. We walked around all day with it. He loved that so many nice people were wishing him a happy birthday throughout our day! 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Anyone here have a date assisted by the script department?  Anyone?  Bueller?  Bueller?

Nah - I'd be there for the wrong reasons.

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, seasons said:

We did a zoo day when my son turned two! I bought a birthday balloon and tied it to the back of his stroller. We walked around all day with it. He loved that so many nice people were wishing him a happy birthday throughout our day! 

There was a zoo day when my oldest nephew was about 18 months old but what I remember most is us standing outside at the car rental place by the destination airport and him looking at us from his stroller while waving his arm back and forth behind him.  He wanted more airplanes.  Alas, there weren't as many at the destination as there were at the hub.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 7

We have a surprise for Baby Girl, too.  Thanks to a friend of my son's who works at the zoo, we are going to be behind the scenes for giraffe feeding time.  Baby Girl is so obsessed with giraffes.  We hope they won't scare her because they are soooooo big, but if she isn't too overwhelmed, she will get to help feed the youngest, who is still a baby himself.

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, Denver Hoosier said:

We have a surprise for Baby Girl, too.  Thanks to a friend of my son's who works at the zoo, we are going to be behind the scenes for giraffe feeding time.  Baby Girl is so obsessed with giraffes.  We hope they won't scare her because they are soooooo big, but if she isn't too overwhelmed, she will get to help feed the youngest, who is still a baby himself.

How wonderful!

• Like 9

{{Cricket}} - I agree with looking into Medigap coverage.  Also, not to be a buttinski, but have you thought of asking the social worker at the hospital for a support group for you?  Continued good thoughts and prayers for you and Joe.

{{seahag}} - Hoping and praying for a good outcome.

{{HUGS}} to all my Dear Sparkly Snarker friends.

• Like 16

7 hours ago, CarpeDiem54 said:

{{Cricket}} - I agree with looking into Medigap coverage.  Also, not to be a buttinski, but have you thought of asking the social worker at the hospital for a support group for you?  Continued good thoughts and prayers for you and Joe.

Great suggestions for our dear friend @Cricket, as she is going through a very challenging time.

And @seahag my heart and prayers for you and your family.....I am hoping for good news for you!

And for you, @CarpeDiem54, this (I know, I post this all the time, but I love it so and it fits the occasion, so I'm sending to you!):

GlittersparkleHeartsgifanimationbylefkoilykoi4.gif

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 12

10 hours ago, CarpeDiem54 said:

i think joe has looked into that medigap thing.

I contacted my company's insurance rep. he has worked with us for almost 10 years and he and Joe spoke and he is working on it now to see what the best options for our situation it. It is a BIG relief to have someone that just does this sort of thing, there to help. He should be getting back to me shortly. he might have to come onto my insurance completely all depending on how the costs work out.

• Like 12

9 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Great suggestions for our dear friend @Cricket, as she is going through a very challenging time.

And @seahag my heart and prayers for you and your family.....I am hoping for good news for you!

And for you, @CarpeDiem54, this (I know, I post this all the time, but I love it so and it fits the occasion, so I'm sending to you!):

GlittersparkleHeartsgifanimationbylefkoilykoi4.gif

Carpe, you always amaze me with your wittiness and kindness, as well.

Cricket, thoughts and prayers! 

• Like 12

10 hours ago, Cricket said:

i think joe has looked into that medigap thing.

I contacted my company's insurance rep. he has worked with us for almost 10 years and he and Joe spoke and he is working on it now to see what the best options for our situation it. It is a BIG relief to have someone that just does this sort of thing, there to help. He should be getting back to me shortly. he might have to come onto my insurance completely all depending on how the costs work out.

I'm glad you have this person as a resource.  Navigating health care now is really a full-time job.

• Like 16

2 hours ago, Fishy said:

I have an eighth tip, which was actually part of #2.  I think it's such an important statement, it should have it's own "space".

As much as we hate to do it, sizing up is the best way to go. Your body will thank you for it.

In Carolyn's case, we all will thank her for it!

Thanks for posting this link - it was good!  And I don't mean to brag, but I always feel like it's affirmation that I'm doing the right things to look my best (and maybe reinforcement that I should try something different - like that shapewear tip they provided!)

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 13

@Cricket, I only wish there was something I could say or do that would make a difference.  Just know that my heart and thoughts are with you and your Joe, and I continue to hope for miracles.  We are all in your corner.

@seahag, please know that I am hoping for the best for you.  Life sure can throw us some curves sometimes, but please stay strong.  We are all rooting for you.  I hope you can hear us cheering you on.

I feel as if you are all friends of mine and when one of you stumbles; or life decides to blindside you; or it all becomes just too much, I want you to know that I, along with the entire Sisterhood of Sparkly Snarkers, are here to pick you up, dust you off, and walk alongside you the rest of the way.  ?

• Like 15

We've got a Frost Advisory for tonight, but I don't care. ?Builder Nephew? and I made the first trip of the year to Dairy Queen. He got a Blizzard and I got the Peanut Buster Parfait. Yum!

(Brought home some cotton candy ice cream for ?Sparkle Niece?. ?)

• Like 16

14 minutes ago, seahag said:

Big news!  I DO NOT HAVE LUNG CANCER!!!  They still don’t know what I have, but it’s definitely not that.  It’s a huge weight off my shoulders.  Now comes the testing of my patience...  thank you for your prayers and good thoughts. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

EXCELLENT NEWS!!!

tenor.gif

• Like 14

1 hour ago, seahag said:

Big news!  I DO NOT HAVE LUNG CANCER!!!  They still don’t know what I have, but it’s definitely not that.  It’s a huge weight off my shoulders.  Now comes the testing of my patience...  thank you for your prayers and good thoughts. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Hurray!  Wonderful news!

• Like 12

2 hours ago, seahag said:

Fabulous wonderful marvelous news!!

I am so happy for you.  ?

• Like 13

5 hours ago, seahag said:

that is the very best news! my mom had COPD and somehow developed sarcoidoisis (sp) in her lungs at a time and she worried it was cancer too. I hope they can figure it out for you soon. Happy to hear this.

Edited by Cricket
  • Like 12

On 4/18/2018 at 11:38 AM, Denver Hoosier said:

Agree on the "dogs know".  My regular dogwalker is going to be out of town for the month of June doing training for his full-time job.  He has brought by 3 substitute walkers for Daragan and I to meet and choose from.  I knew immediately which one to choose when Daragan started kissing her and wagging so hard I thought he was going to take off like a helicopter.  He seemed to like the other two people just fine, but this girl he was really enthusiastic about.

My dog gives helicopter tail too! Not to everyone...she knows the good eggs.

• Like 12

6 hours ago, seahag said:

Seahag. Great news! ! 

• Like 9

On 4/18/2018 at 9:40 PM, CaffeinatedAunt79 said:

ometown date with one of the remaining guys.  He moved away as did he parents, but they decided to do the hometown date here anyway.

So much for the 'reality' in reality shows, huh?  Lol.  And sorry for the bad quoting job; I have the worst time trying to highlight only a portion of a sentence.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, seahag said:

What a relief that must be !?

• Like 11

I'm so glad for you.  Can only imagine the relief you're feeling.  Whatever is going on, let's hope it's relatively minor, treatable and gone before you know it. 

• Like 11

Yippity do dah!!  Hip Hip Hooray!!!!   prayers continue 

• Like 11