Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Small Talk: Take A Break From Shop(ping) Talk

2 hours ago, LadyR said:

@Coffeecup - Thanks so much for this info - glad to see her back too ;)

If anyone is interested, ULTA is offering the Urban Decay Naked On The Run Kit for half price at $27 (online only, thru Mon. 2/19).  This is a great beauty kit for travel, and it's also part of my makeup collection.  Makes a great gift as well.  Includes the following:

Six Eyeshadows:  Dive (metallic rose w/golden micro-shimmer), Fix (soft taupe matte), Resist (medium metallic taupe), Dare (medium brown matte), Stun (metallic bronze w/light gold micro-shimmer) and 5050 (cool bisque satin) (5050 can also be used as a highlighter for the face).

Bronzer: medium bronze matte and Blush: vibrant pink w/light shimmer

Perversion Mascara: blackest black and 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil: Stag (deep brown satin) (both travel sizes)

Naked Lip Gloss: Sesso (rose w/pink shimmer) (full size)

As a FYI, I'm nearing 60 and find the colors very flattering.  All you need is a travel brush set (e.g. IT Cosmetics) and you are good to go-go!

Great post!  I have a couple of the Naked pallets and their eyeshadow is really great!

Thanks for sharing this great sale!

• Like 9

Me, too! Those are definitely my colors and I pretty much decimated my last travel palette when I went south for Thanksgiving.  It will be my first time trying Urban Decay.  I am eager to see how it goes.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Denver Hoosier said:

Me, too! Those are definitely my colors and I pretty much decimated my last travel palette when I went south for Thanksgiving.  It will be my first time trying Urban Decay.  I am eager to see how it goes.

I’ve been using Urban Decay’s Eyelid Primer for several years now and wouldn’t be without it. Before, my eye shadow would end up in the creases after only a couple of hours. With this eyelid primer, it stays put all day. I give it an A+!

• Like 9

On 1/28/2018 at 7:51 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Several of you were talking about bun warmers over on the QVC forum - 

Mom had one similar to this.  I even remember the penguins on it.  

bun warmer 1.jpg

I had to go back and see who posted this! I found one at the Salvation Army a couple of days ago.. 3.99! If you all hadn't posted this, I would never had known what it was for! Thanks!

• Like 14

59 minutes ago, Cricket said:

I had to go back and see who posted this! I found one at the Salvation Army a couple of days ago.. 3.99! If you all hadn't posted this, I would never had known what it was for! Thanks!

Nice find!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Cricket said:

Great find!  I just love retro things.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, DeeMoonlight said:

I just love retro things.

Me too. The workmanship is so superior to most things you can find today and I love to see the words Made in the USA on them! I have found some great pieces of Syracuse China that we use all the time. Makes me smile to see the great things our country used to produce.

• Like 12

11 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I would never have known that was a bun warmer.  It looks like an ice bucket to me!  ?

It does.  Not sure it can't be both, as it's insulated with a double wall, I believe.

• Like 9

@SSE your st patty kitty avatar makes me laugh - looks soo serious -  LOL!

Edited by Fishy
  • Like 8

4 hours ago, Booney said:

I’ve been using Urban Decay’s Eyelid Primer for several years now and wouldn’t be without it. Before, my eye shadow would end up in the creases after only a couple of hours. With this eyelid primer, it stays put all day. I give it an A+!

Me, too!  I love it and, for me, it's the best one out there.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Me, too!  I love it and, for me, it's the best one out there.

Agree 100%. I've tried a bunch of them. All the others I've tried were either too dry, thick or sticky. Urban Decay's is the right texture, and really, really works!

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, Cricket said:

This from a man who NEVER cried in his life.

Apparently the lesions have shrunk by 50%.

Now... I am totally a realist here. I have no false sense that this is going to end differently. But... maybe he gained a little more time. It made him feel better at any rate so I will go with that.

I wish they had started on this pill from the beginning.

Good news to give Joe some hope.  That is everything.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 17

So glad KLG warmed up her haircolor, and went back to a redder color.  It suits her better than the blonde thing she was doing.

Makeup still sucks.

phpaol1V0AM.jpg

Okay, I just pulled up the photo I shared the other day, and maybe the haircolor hasn't changed after all!  Must be the style that I like so much better.

klg.png

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, CarpeDiem54 said:

Bawahaha!  I love this dog!

Great news about Joe, @Cricket!

Thank you.

The rest of the day in my head I am going to be saying, "Cucumber slices!" now.

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, Snark Byte said:

@Cricket - so happy to hear the good news! A celebration is in order!

LOL right now we are both settling for some Dinty Moore stew and bread!

• Like 11

11 minutes ago, Alte Frau said:

@cricket that is wunderfull news

So happy for both of you 

Thank you.

Thanks to all of your for your thoughts, prayers and well wishes. Maybe it will help him to enjoy his vacation a bit more

• Like 11

Grab on to this good news and enjoy it for all it is worth.  You guys so deserve something to cheer about.  Maybe this is a good omen for a much better vacation this year, too! ??️‍♂️?️‍♀️?‍♂️?‍♀️??

• Like 13

23 hours ago, Booney said:

I also use the eyelid primer (anti-aging version) and love their eye color palettes. They are usually pretty highly pigmented, so a light hand is needed except on the lightest shades.

• Like 7

12 hours ago, Cricket said:

LOL right now we are both settling for some Dinty Moore stew and bread!

So happy to hear the good news abut Joe's medicine!

I had forgotten all about Dinty Moore stew. Used to eat it when I was young. Now I'm craving it!

• Like 9

22 minutes ago, Fishy said:

VENTING!!   Jamie Foxx and Katie Holmes ..... I am SO OVER IT!!!!!!

Just curious, why ????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fishy said:

VENTING!!   Jamie Foxx and Katie Holmes ..... I am SO OVER IT!!!!!!

Don't worry... now the new news will be Justin and Jennifer breaking up, thus Jennifer and Brad reuniting.

I expect this to carry us through the coming year

• Like 12

I don't think there's an officially recognized day for this, so I'm making February 17 my No More Teen Dramas annual celebration.

I've been peripherally aware of how pursed my mouth has been getting for a while, but after recent tries at Everything Sucks, 13 Reasons Why, The End of the Fucking World, Dark, Runaways, Greenhouse Academy, Alone Together, etc. I realized I no longer have any interest in TV teenagers. Especially angsty ones, which is all of them. #Goodbye #NotGonnaBother #TooOldForThis

Whew!

• Like 12

Sorry that happened to you.  It's happened to me with the birthdays of cousins. 

Time to start using the calendar app on the cell/tablet/computer. I've got mine set up to remind me of everything. :-) 

• Like 13

39 minutes ago, DeeMoonlight said:

Holy moly! May I cry on the Sparkly Snarker's shoulders?   I have a great granddaughter whose 9th birthday is tomorrow.

My grandson (her dad) told me last weekend they were having a skating party for her today. Usually my grandson and I talk throughout the week but he's been busy this week so we've basically just said "hi" and "bye".

Well, guess what good ol' great grandma forgot? You guessed it. The b-day skating party. :(

Never even entered my mind until I got on FB a few minutes ago and my daughter (b-day girl's grandma) had posted about it. I feel like such an ass. I've never forgotten a birthday of one of my kids, grandkids or my one and only great grandchild.  :( 

Called with my apologies which were graciously accepted.  I am lucky to have understanding relatives. Thank heaven.

Thanks for letting me cry.

It happens to the best of us, @DeeMoonlight. Sounds like you have a great family!

• Like 15

@DeeMoonlight, I think it is amazing that you, as the Great-Grandmother, feel so loving/obligated to provide a gift!  I would not expect it!  Please do not beat yourself up!  (I realize every family is different, but I feel your expectations are above and beyond.). ❤️

• Like 9