Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Small Talk: Take A Break From Shop(ping) Talk

I'll be alone for Thanksgiving too - me and my Turkey leg ??  - that's my favorite part of the turkey, no white meat for me.  I'll be doing a reasonable facsimile of the gracious Thanksgiving dinner.  Even alone, I'm looking forward to it - my favorite holiday dinner.

• Like 20

Awwww, carpe, if I weren't headed to Texas to have dinner with number 2 son, I would invite you over.  You would probably have to bring a sack lunch, though, since DIL#1 is a vegetarian and we don't have turkey or gravy or stuffing when we do holidays there.  Waaaaaaah!  Thankfully DIL#2 is having turkey.  Hooray!!!

• Like 12

Oh thanks, @Denver Hoosier.  Little Man and Baby Girl would be fun to meet.  I'll be okay.  Oddly enough, I think I'm wonderful company. LOL.  Plus, I'm "cooking" for my Croatian friend.  He loves seeing pictures of my dinners and we exchange recipes.  Unfortunately, the last recipe he sent me (for an otherwise nice sounding stew) involved horse meat.  *shudder*

Tofu turkey anyone?  Blech!

4498b64d4075222a4e402d237a6f1842--everybody-love-raymond-tofu.jpg

• Like 14

At least we are spared the questionable joys of tofurkey.  Last year we had veggie lasagna as our main dish and a whole bunch of traditiinal Thanksgiving sides.  Perfectly tasty, just strange.  Sweet potatoes and cranberry sauce and mashed potatoes w/butter and green bean casserole all look very odd on the plate with lasagna. lol

The kiddos would love you as long as you are willing to talk about baseball and play tea party.  lol

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Fishy said:

I'll be alone for Thanksgiving too - me and my Turkey leg ??  - that's my favorite part of the turkey, no white meat for me.  I'll be doing a reasonable facsimile of the gracious Thanksgiving dinner.  Even alone, I'm looking forward to it - my favorite holiday dinner.

I also prefer the dark meat, much to my inlaws' astonishment!  More for me when we celebrate together.  They don't like pumpkin pie -- gasp!  So funny -- they are French Silk pie and store-bought cake fans -- not for me.  All that sugary frosting in store cakes is awful, IMO.  But it is funny how we are creatures of our upbringing! ?

• Like 15

50 minutes ago, Denver Hoosier said:

At least we are spared the questionable joys of tofurkey.  Last year we had veggie lasagna as our main dish and a whole bunch of traditiinal Thanksgiving sides.  Perfectly tasty, just strange.  Sweet potatoes and cranberry sauce and mashed potatoes w/butter and green bean casserole all look very odd on the plate with lasagna. lol

The kiddos would love you as long as you are willing to talk about baseball and play tea party.  lol

Instead of green bean casserole would it be weird to have Szechuan green beans as a side? Since we talked about Chinese food the other day I've been craving it. It's certainly not traditional but it's green beans. 

I was shopping earlier. The Stove Top Cornbread Stuffing was on sale so I got plenty. I've also got my fresh cranberries and jello. Still haven't decided on turkey or ham, but I'm glad I've gotten some things on my list already. I don't want to wait until the last minute. 

Sometime this weekend I need to clean and sanitize my fridge. I want enough leftovers to have for the week and freeze some of the meat. I like being able to use leftover ham or turkey meat to saute with stir fry or veggies.

A long while back someone posted a recipe for an easy apple or cherry dump cake. I might try that this week. Target finally got pie filling back in stock after 10 months. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Denver Hoosier said:

I don't know a lot about baseball but I have some amusing experiences I could relay about attending games.  They're clean stories, honest.

I can play tea party with the best of them!  My tales about the London Tea Museum and my teapot collection are epic.  Or epically boring.  *Nom, nom (fake scones)*  and *Slurp, slurp*  ?

Did it pour rain all evening in your neighborhood?  It was a downpour here.   

5 minutes ago, TexasTiffany said:

A long while back someone posted a recipe for an easy apple or cherry dump cake. I might try that this week. Target finally got pie filling back in stock after 10 months. 

I'm having the cherry version of that for Thanksgiving dessert!

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, CarpeDiem54 said:

I'm having the cherry version of that for Thanksgiving dessert!

If it's not too much trouble, do you remember the recipe? 

@CarpeDiem54  What kind of teapots are in your collection? Are they English chintz? 

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, TexasTiffany said:

If it's not too much trouble, do you remember the recipe? 

@CarpeDiem54  What kind of teapots are in your collection? Are they English chintz? 

Here ya go:  Crazy Crust Pie

My Grandmother gave me about a dozen teapots.  They were all different and lovely.  I bought myself a beautiful chintz teapot in London.  Years later my mother happened to find matching cups and saucers in a little specialty shop and gave them to me for my birthday.  I also bought myself a couple of funky oddball teapots over the years.

• Like 15

37 minutes ago, CarpeDiem54 said:

Here ya go:  Crazy Crust Pie

My Grandmother gave me about a dozen teapots.  They were all different and lovely.  I bought myself a beautiful chintz teapot in London.  Years later my mother happened to find matching cups and saucers in a little specialty shop and gave them to me for my birthday.  I also bought myself a couple of funky oddball teapots over the years.

Thank you for the link.

I love the story of your teapots. They sound lovely. I have 2 old Chelsea pieces, one's a coffee pot, the other a teapot. I've got a mix of old creamers and small pitchers. I've got a couple of Royal Winton cups and saucers in the Sweet Pea and Marguerite patterns. I had a teapot with purple morning glories that I didn't know the maker. Haven't seen it in awhile. It's probably still packed away in a box. There are teapot collectors all over the world. 

Edited by TexasTiffany
  • Like 10

We also had quite the gullywasher in my neck of the woods this evening.  Rather surprising, actually.  Mike Nelson told me it would be light rain followed by a few flakes after 9 pm. Would Mike lie?? lol

Little Man would love baseball stories.  He is highly into all things baseball and loves the Rockies and the Cubs.

I have 3 teapots: one was my grandmother's (she taught me to drink tea instead of coffee, which I do to this day), one is plain blue and came as a gift with some product a zillion years ago (it sat on my great-grandmother's , the one I was named for, kitchen table until she died), and the other is a clear glass industrial minimalist teapot I bought at an avant garde kitchen shop in Germany).   They couldn't be more different, and none has much extrinsic value, but they are full of meaning for me.

• Like 9

13 hours ago, Booney said:

Here’s another recipe for a holiday side dish that I make a lot. It goes well with ham or pork, but I’ve also made it with a turkey dinner because it’s so popular with our family and friends.

Pineapple Bread Stuffing

Beat together:

4 eggs

1/4 lb. margarine

1 cup sugar

Add:

1 can of crushed pineapple, juice and all

6 slices of bread, cut into cubes

Mix and pour into a greased casserole dish, then bake at 350 degrees for 45 - 60 minutes

I always make a double batch because it’s great as a leftover. If you double it, add another 15 minutes or so of baking time. I usually let mine go a little longer, because I like it brown and crusty on top.

I'm going to try this!  This is really different, like a pineapple bread pudding!

I'm having ham for Thanksgiving so this will be perfect!

8 hours ago, seahag said:

Look up Wild Mushroom and potato gratin.  It’s from the NYT cooking section.

Perfect - thank you!

ETA:  I get NYT online and belong to NYT Cooking.  I think your recipe is already stored in my "recipe box" there!!  Who knew?  I must have seen it some time ago and stored it there!

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 10

38 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I'm going to try this!  This is really different, like a pineapple bread pudding!

I'm having ham for Thanksgiving so this will be perfect!

Perfect - thank you!

ETA:  I get NYT online and belong to NYT Cooking.  I think your recipe is already stored in my "recipe box" there!!  Who knew?  I must have seen it some time ago and stored it there!

I made it for a dinner party hoping for leftovers.  Alas, not a scrap was left!

• Like 9

My sister and her husband take me out to a nice restaurant on Thanksgiving, with a wonderful buffet. So scrumptious!

But I also have my own Thanksgiving at home, with my 2 dogs (an American Eskimo Dog and a Pomeranian/Papillion). Of course, Thanksgiving is a canine's favorite holiday, so a good time is always had by all!

IMG_0901 copy.jpg

Edited by Snark Byte · Reason: "Bring it on, mom!"
  • Like 18

1 hour ago, SeriousPurrs said:

@Snark Byte Beautiful dog! Like to see the little doggie, also!

I made the mistake of clicking on the link, rompers for men.

And now, that male appendage keeps hanging around, popping up when I least expect it.

Doesn't it always...

• Like 14

4 hours ago, Snark Byte said:

My sister and her husband take me out to a nice restaurant on Thanksgiving, with a wonderful buffet. So scrumptious!

But I also have my own Thanksgiving at home, with my 2 dogs (an American Eskimo Dog and a Pomeranian/Papillion). Of course, Thanksgiving is a canine's favorite holiday, so a good time is always had by all!

IMG_0901 copy.jpg

Awww, so cute!!

9 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Doesn't it always...

Bwaahaha!!

• Like 9

On 11/17/2017 at 5:49 PM, Alte Frau said:

Being old I don't make thanksgiving. And Christmas dinners anymore  was my (job)for sixty years on and of more on now my Doughter does it and brings it I of  course make a few things it's very lonely

I'm glad that you have your daughter to spend the day with though~    Sorry that you feel lonely, aging is a tough game for us all.  

On 11/17/2017 at 6:04 PM, CarpeDiem54 said:

I'm giddy with excitement!  As you can tell, it doesn't take much.  ?

I need to get a life, I guess...

Awww.  My best friend, who used to invite me to her big family Thanksgiving dinner, retired this year and she and her husband left last week for their "winter home" in Phoenix.  I'll be on my own, too.  I miss family dinners.

I hope you have a pleasant day, doing whatever it is you wish!  

On 11/17/2017 at 7:15 PM, leFay said:

Since my divorce a few years ago, I don't celebrate Thanksgiving, either... I have to work the next day, anyway... I don't want to cook for one person and even with leftovers, it's still too much food... 

Hope you enjoy your day off~

• Like 11

I agree with SSE, about holidays being lonely as we age.  If I didn"t have #1 son and his family here in town I would be awful lonely myself.  If they move, I would probably have to move, too.

• Like 12

I think I would a) try to volunteer somewhere  and/or b) make myself a FABULOUS meal of things I love if I were alone!  Thanks for sharing your experiences -- we may all be there someday.

My mom used to say (despite there being 8 of us kids) "we are fine as long as we have each other (her and Dad), but if I were alone I would want to be with one of you."  This I believe after she was guilted about being with inlaws/etc as a mom of a young family -- she never wanted us to feel "obligated" to be with them.  That is good, but also not good.  Sigh.  Family dynamics are interesting/complicated.

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, Denver Hoosier said:

I agree with SSE, about holidays being lonely as we age.  If I didn"t have #1 son and his family here in town I would be awful lonely myself.  If they move, I would probably have to move, too.

That's the reason why I don't move out of state, where it would be much cheaper for me to live. All my sisters and their families are in NJ. 

• Like 11

Wow - 8 siblings!  I can't even imagine what that would be like.  I think I've been alone for so long that it doesn't bother me anymore.  I used to think I would volunteer too, but I don't (?).  And the church group affiliations have fallen by the wayside (everyone is always a couple).   There are times I wonder what will become of me, but whatever, it's in God's hands - so there's just that.  

• Like 17

I didn't know if I wanted to mention this. I might as well. I keep thinking about it. Where I work, most of the office staff has been laid off, or transferred. As of 3 weeks ago there was only one woman left. She worked 12 days straight and was about to get a day off. She told several of us that she was having a hard time breathing and had been sick for a couple of days. Two weeks ago Sunday morning she (Deanna) died in her sleep. She was 34 years old, not married, no kids, very well liked by all the people at work. It's been a shock, her suddenly dying and being gone. Her funeral was yesterday. 

Several of us were talking to her the day before, urging her to go to the emergency room. She told us we were being overly dramatic. 

Very sad. 

• Like 17

2 minutes ago, TexasTiffany said:

I didn't know if I wanted to mention this. I might as well. I keep thinking about it. Where I work, most of the office staff has been laid off, or transferred. As of 3 weeks ago there was only one woman left. She worked 12 days straight and was about to get a day off. She told several of us that she was having a hard time breathing and had been sick for a couple of days. Two weeks ago Sunday morning she (Deanna) died in her sleep. She was 34 years old, not married, no kids, very well liked by all the people at work. It's been a shock, her suddenly dying and being gone. Her funeral was yesterday. 

Several of us were talking to her the day before, urging her to go to the emergency room. She told us we were being overly dramatic. 

Very sad. 

Oh, that’s awful TT. Such a sad story, and she was so young. I imagine that you and your coworkers are shaken up by this. It’s always a shock when someone you know passes, especially in this kind of circumstance.

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, TexasTiffany said:

Very sad. 

So sorry that happened.  At thirty four, I don't know how many people would actually think that something so serious would be going on, but is also highlights how women especially, don't take heart issues seriously.  Our symptoms can be so different than men's.  Very sad indeed.  ?

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, TexasTiffany said:

Very sad. 

Oh my, so very sad and so very young.....what a shock.   

• Like 11

12 minutes ago, TexasTiffany said:

Very sad. 

Oh my gosh, TT, I am so very sorry!  This is very shocking.  Do they know what happened?

• Like 11

11 minutes ago, Booney said:

Oh, that’s awful TT. Such a sad story, and she was so young. I imagine that you and your coworkers are shaken up by this. It’s always a shock when someone you know passes, especially in this kind of circumstance.

8 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

So sorry that happened.  At thirty four, I don't know how many people would actually think that something so serious would be going on, but is also highlights how women especially, don't take heart issues seriously.  Our symptoms can be so different than men's.  Very sad indeed.  ?

We don't know why she died. She could have had a heart attack or pneumonia. Someone else said that women's symptoms are often different than a man's. We just don't know. 

Deanna was sort of the glue that was holding the office together. 

Monday morning we're having a memorial balloon release on the top of the building. 

2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Oh my gosh, TT, I am so very sorry!  This is very shocking.  Do they know what happened?

We've haven't heard an official word yet. Some speculation has been heart attack, pneumonia, diabetes, stroke, or maybe even asthma. One of her close friends said her family has a history of heart disease. 

Edited by TexasTiffany
  • Like 10

26 minutes ago, TexasTiffany said:

Very sad. 

My condolences to you and your co-workers.  What a shock for you all, and how very sad that her life was cut so short.

• Like 9

My condolences to you and your coworkers, TT. Several of my coworkers over the years died young, so I know the emotions you must be feeling.

Difficulty with breathing that gets worse is also a sign of a pulmonary embolism. Perhaps that might have been it. 

• Like 11

4 hours ago, TexasTiffany said:

We don't know why she died. She could have had a heart attack or pneumonia. Someone else said that women's symptoms are often different than a man's. We just don't know. 

Deanna was sort of the glue that was holding the office together. 

Monday morning we're having a memorial balloon release on the top of the building. 

We've haven't heard an official word yet. Some speculation has been heart attack, pneumonia, diabetes, stroke, or maybe even asthma. One of her close friends said her family has a history of heart disease. 

Sorry.  You didn't say, and I assumed.  Shouldn't have.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, TexasTiffany said:

Very sad. 

Oh, TT, I'm sorry to hear this.  It must be an awful shock to you and those you work with.

It reminds me to not overlook symptoms as well as live each day as if it were my last.  And to not go to bed angry!

• Like 10

I was thinking of what dessert I could make for my Thanksgiving soiree for one because I didn't really want pumpkin pie, so I was looking at Pumpkin Custard Recipes or Pumpkin Mousse.  Good choices because I can make individual servings so I don't overdo it.  Well this morning I found a Pumpkin Tres Leches cake recipe.  Yum-o - I love me some Tres Leches cake so I can't imagine I wouldn't like it with pumpkin added - and perfect timing for planning the day.

What are you having for dessert on the Day?  Please share.

Edited by Fishy
  • Like 7

14 minutes ago, Fishy said:

I was thinking of what dessert I could make for my Thanksgiving soiree for one because I didn't really want pumpkin pie, so I was looking at Pumpkin Custard Recipes or Pumpkin Mousse.  Good choices because I can make individual servings so I don't overdo it.  Well this morning I found a Pumpkin Tres Leche cake recipe.  Yum-o - I love me some Tres Leche cake so I can't imagine I wouldn't like it with pumpkin added - and perfect timing for planning the day.

I'm sorry, boring old pumpkin pie, I love it and look forward to it every year. Of course it has to have a homemade crust, and real whipped cream. Ohh, I want it right now !!

• Like 12

36 minutes ago, Fishy said:

Not very imaginative here either.  Since I've got so much other stuff to prep, I lazed out and ordered cupcakes and turkey-shaped sugar cookies from the local baker, and my granddaughter is bringing pies - pumpkin and one other tbd.  I will be baking our traditional pumpkin "bread", which is more or less a loaf-shaped cake, lol.  Some put butter on it and eat it like a bread (think zucchini etc), but it would be just as good with a sweet glaze drizzle.  I eat it plain.  It's an easy, tasty recipe if anyone's interested.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 8

10 hours ago, Fishy said:

There are times I wonder what will become of me, but whatever, it's in God's hands - so there's just that.  

I let my mind wander off to those days sometimes too.  I have grandchildren by marriage, a niece and nephew, but I have no delusions that I will be cared for by any of them.  They're good people, but they have lives.  Every time I want to get stabby with a millennial out there in the world, I remind myself that they might be running my nursing home someday, and I back off, lol.

• Like 14

4 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I let my mind wander off to those days sometimes too.  I have grandchildren by marriage, a niece and nephew, but I have no delusions that I will be cared for by any of them.  They're good people, but they have lives.  Every time I want to get stabby with a millennial out there in the world, I remind myself that they might be running my nursing home someday, and I back off, lol.

It's funny (not ha-ha funny) that this is on some of our minds.  Even though I have a husband, two sons (one local, one 100 miles away), four sisters-in-law (two local, two in CA), and a very dear (much younger) friend, these thoughts are ever present.  I think the older we get the more we're confronted with our mortality, and no matter who else may be in our lives, nothing is a given.  Nothing.  If money is no object, then one can pay for top-notch care, companions, drivers, household help, whatever.  But for most of us, the practical day-to-day issues that may become more difficult with the passing years, is a valid concern. 

I wish I had more uplifting words.  These things are not something I dwell on, but they're certainly in the back of my mind all the time. 

• Like 15

55 minutes ago, Fishy said:

I was thinking of what dessert I could make for my Thanksgiving soiree for one because I didn't really want pumpkin pie, so I was looking at Pumpkin Custard Recipes or Pumpkin Mousse.  Good choices because I can make individual servings so I don't overdo it.  Well this morning I found a Pumpkin Tres Leches cake recipe.  Yum-o - I love me some Tres Leches cake so I can't imagine I wouldn't like it with pumpkin added - and perfect timing for planning the day.

We’re going to Mr. Booney’s sister’s house for Thanksgiving dinner so I don’t know for sure, but her daughter is a pastry chef so I know the desserts will be awesome!

• Like 13

This may be is a strange thing to post about, but please indulge me.  After posting the above about the nursing home, it got me remembering my mother-in-law, who spent her last five years on earth between nursing/rehab and assisted living.  She had a stroke in her early 80's, and it was debilitating to the point that she could no longer live in her home, as she had alone, for 20 some odd years.  After great anxiety, stress, guilt, and tears, she was placed, and the journey began.  She spent the first 60 days barely eating, depressed, and angry.  Then she turned a corner.  She rallied!  Got better and better, started smiling again and eventually got to the point that she could move to assisted living.  There was a new one built down the road from us, beautiful place, and though she was intimidated at first I think, she eventually agreed to make the move.  We selected a studio apt. for her.  She made it her home, and because of this, she greeted everyone with a smile, and lived her life with a grace that I will always remember and wish I could emulate.  The point of my too-long story is that I have to continually remind myself that if I have a similar fate, and even every day until then, it will be made easier if I consciously make the decision to face it with grace and a smile.  You get what you give, and if I give agita (which is not a foreign concept), I will surely get it back in spades.  She could have been the crochety, angry, "get off my lawn" old lady that nobody wanted to deal with, and had every right to be that, considering,  but she was the sweet, kind, woman that everyone loved.  I'd rather be the latter too.

Thanks for indulging me.  I get introspective and goopy this time of year.

• Like 19

SSE, I would love that pumpkin loaf recipe.  Would you be kind enough to PM it to me?

Since I am traveling and being a guest for the first time of my new DIL, I don't know what desert will be.  i understand her mother is doing the desert, and i found out what a good  Southern cook she was when she did a brunch for us the weekend of the wedding.  I am expectiing something yummy.

• Like 10

I was just looking at Diva's FB page and he has a recipe for Bacon & Red Wine Braised Turkey Legs and it looks like a pretty simple recipe.  Since Turkey Legs are my thing, I'm thinking I just might try it for something different.  How bad could it be, right??

I made his Autumn Slaw and it was tasty but I think I needed to roast the red cabbage more and it would have been better.     

• Like 10

3 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

You get what you give, and if I give agita (which is not a foreign concept), I will surely get it back in spades.  She could have been the crochety, angry, "get off my lawn" old lady that nobody wanted to deal with, and had every right to be that, considering,  but she was the sweet, kind, woman that everyone loved.  I'd rather be the latter too.

Thanks for indulging me.  I get introspective and goopy this time of year.

Thanks for sharing this touching & sweet story and what  wonderful inspiration to take away from it.

I personally love introspection and goopy.  ?

• Like 13

Thank you ALL for the condolences. Many of us at work are still talking about how young Deanna was and the pressure at work probably added to whatever physical problem she had. 

3 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

She could have been the crochety, angry, "get off my lawn" old lady that nobody wanted to deal with, and had every right to be that, considering,  but she was the sweet, kind, woman that everyone loved.  I'd rather be the latter too.

Thank you for your story, SSE. I've seen it both ways. One of my grandmothers was moved to an assisted living place that was wonderful. My maternal grandfather was a Methodist minister. They lived in a parsonage for 20 years after he retired. She didn't have money so her options were limited.

She moved into a beautiful assisted living place with 2 garden areas, an aviary, and had activity nights. The building was very clean, well kept, with comfortable decor. Very friendly, helpful, welcoming residents and staff. It was similar to a dormitory in style where the apartment opened to a central carpeted hallway, all in one large building. My grandmother could leave her place (living room, bedroom, kitchenette) walk down the hall to the auditorium with couches and comfortable upholstered chairs, etc, to watch movies, play games, and all the myriad of activities the place offered. Each apartment had a kitchenette but most people liked to eat at the cafeteria. The food looked good and smelled wonderful like you expect it should. The staff made weekly grocery runs for residents. Laundry and dry cleaning was on the premises. The place was so nice we should all be so well lucky. 

Edited by TexasTiffany
  • Like 11

38 minutes ago, Denver Hoosier said:

SSE, I would love that pumpkin loaf recipe.  Would you be kind enough to PM it to me?

Since I am traveling and being a guest for the first time of my new DIL, I don't know what desert will be.  i understand her mother is doing the desert, and i found out what a good  Southern cook she was when she did a brunch for us the weekend of the wedding.  I am expectiing something yummy.

@SuprSuprElevated, would you mind to post that recipe here in small talk? Probably several of us are wanting it. 

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Fishy said:

I actually don't know. We are going over to a friend's house for dinner, which is going to be a potluck type of thing. I know my mom is bringing a pumpkin pie, but I don't like pumpkin pie. I think someone is also bringing an apple pie, so I'll probably have that, if it is available.

• Like 6

Here's the recipe for Pumpkin Bread.  The ( ) indicate my edits, except for the pumpkin size - that's just a note.

It really is a "dump cake" lol.  Everything in one bowl and go.  I will say that I use regular non-stick bread pans, which I think are a bit larger than the foil version, so it's possible you could get 4 out of the foil pans.  I generally fill a little over half of the pan with batter.

PUMPKIN BREAD

Preheat oven to 350, grease & flour 3 loaf pans

3 C Sugar (2.5)                          2 C Pumpkin (Sm. Can/15-16 oz)

1 C Oil (Coconut)                      2 tsp Baking soda

4 Eggs                                       1.5 tsp Salt

2/3 C Water                              1 tsp Cinnamon

3.5 C Flour                                1 tsp Nutmeg

Add all ingredients to large mixing bowl, mix with electric mixer until well blended.  Divide batter equally into 3 pans, bake 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.  Remove from pan and cool on rack.

• Like 10

SSE, that sounds very much like a pumpkin bread recipe I have and make.  My mom used to put a cream cheese/orangey frosting on her pumpkin bread -- so good!

• Like 10