Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Small Talk: Take A Break From Shop(ping) Talk

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Yes, Capricorns are a little complicated, but we rarely notice that because we think we're always right! 

Only because we are.  It's not complicated at all really. ?

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Only because we are.  It's not complicated at all really. ?

My hubs was a Capricorn AND had a genius IQ.  lol. It is hard to get any "righter" than that!

Need I add that I never won a factual argument in this relationship?   lol

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, DownTheShore said:

Have a very happy day, LMSJ! ?

happy-birthday-puppy-gif-10.gif

They are so cute - thank you for the birthday wishes!

1 hour ago, Cricket said:

Happy birthday Lovesmesomejoolery!

download (5).jpg

Thanks, Cricket!  What a great picture of a beautiful dog!!

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

My 'ex' is a Capricorn..... nuff said!!

LOL!!!  seriously, he was a decent guy, but he came to the marriage with some serious baggage that I was too young & dumb to take into serious account.... blech - live and learn. 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, deaja said:

Maybe we're neighbors.  I was putting my kids to sleep and trying to figure out what on earth my husband had broken in the next room. ;)

Maybe we are!!  I only heard the BOOM and then thought I imagined it - that is, until I looked at my two frantic cats - eyes wider than normal and ears at attention and ready to take a nosedive under the bed.   LOL!! 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Thanks!

Thanks so much @Bronx Babe!  Yes, Capricorns are a little complicated, but we rarely notice that because we think we're always right!  I consider myself somewhat on the cusp......

An interesting highlight about Caps is that they possess great reserves of wit and all-around humor. (well, except Sharon Faetsch and MyPillow's Mike Lindell).

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

Norovirus took it's toll on my family.  Thought we were finally in the clear and now the flu is taking over.  I just wanted to say how thankful I am that I found this site.  You have kept me entertained while being too sick to move.  Many thanks ?

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post

4 hours ago, KookyKrazy said:

Norovirus took it's toll on my family.  Thought we were finally in the clear and now the flu is taking over.  I just wanted to say how thankful I am that I found this site.  You have kept me entertained while being too sick to move.  Many thanks ?

Wow, so sorry KK.  So far, we have escaped the more serious illnesses surging through the country.  Sorry you and your family weren't so lucky.  Get well soon.

4 hours ago, seahag said:

If you’re of a mind to, please pray for me.  I go back to the doc tomorrow, but am hoping to avoid a pulmonologist.  Still not clear enough to breathe unobstructed.

You will be in my thoughts for sure!  Best to you~

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, seahag said:

 If you’re of a mind to, please pray for me.  I go back to the doc tomorrow, but am hoping to avoid a pulmonologist.  Still not clear enough to breathe unobstructed.

Definitely!  You'll be in my prayers.... wishing you all the best -- and prayers for you too KookyKrazy.  

Edited by Fishy
  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, DownTheShore said:

{{{KookyKrazy}}} and {{{seahag}}}, saying prayers for good health for you both. ???

 

5 hours ago, CarpeDiem54 said:

Ditto!  ???

Same here - thinking good thoughts for both of you.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

10 hours ago, KookyKrazy said:

Norovirus took it's toll on my family.  Thought we were finally in the clear and now the flu is taking over.

So..you will have some soup.

Eat..you will feel better

5a60af4848fe9_images(1).jpg.df1e9dd2c31055e2e9045d52d8bb116d.jpg  Enjoy!!

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

To continue a conversation re: home security that was on the QVC subforum.

I too live in a perceived completely safe and crime-free neighborhood but I lock E V E R Y T H I N G - even when I'm working in the yard.   I don't even like leaving my garage door open to the street lest someone be driving by and sees a lawnmower, bike, whatever that they have to have.  This actually happened at my Mom's house.  They drove up, grabbed said snowblower and were gone in a heartbeat. 

Totally agree it only takes a moment and everything can change.  

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Fishy said:

To continue a conversation re: home security that was on the QVC subforum.

I too live in a perceived completely safe and crime-free neighborhood but I lock E V E R Y T H I N G - even when I'm working in the yard.   I don't even like leaving my garage door open to the street lest someone be driving by and sees a lawnmower, bike, whatever that they have to have.  This actually happened at my Mom's house.  They drove up, grabbed said snowblower and were gone in a heartbeat. 

Totally agree it only takes a moment and everything can change.  

I told the story of my sister a long time ago about her near-tragedy regarding a stranger parked in her driveway.  I will see if I can retrieve it.  Scary.  You can never be too careful.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

@KookyKrazy and @seahag, I'm sorry I'm so late with my wishes; I don't get over here as often as I should.  I hope by the time you're reading this that you're both feeling better/have good news.  We Sparkly Snarkers are truly family and care about one another.  Please keep us up to date. ???

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

41 minutes ago, Denver Hoosier said:

This looks like it should be the setting for a movie.    The film version of The Snow Queen perhaps?

AAuL43S.jpg

So beautiful!  Do you know where this is?  Or was it a random beautiful picture you found?

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, Denver Hoosier said:

This looks like it should be the setting for a movie.    The film version of The Snow Queen perhaps?

AAuL43S.jpg

Or the setting for a fairy tale, I love it.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Denver Hoosier said:

This is a photo of Marienburg Castle in Germany. @Booney may have seen it during her river cruise.

I got the pic as an email attachment from a friend who knew I would like it.  Not sure of her source.

Thanks!  Just wanted to know if it was a real place or a movie set or something - the picture is so magical looking!  So, so pretty!

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Denver Hoosier said:

This is a photo of Marienburg Castle in Germany. @Booney may have seen it during her river cruise.

I got the pic as an email attachment from a friend who knew I would like it.  Not sure of her source.

We didn’t see this castle, but wish we had - it’s absolutely beautiful!

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Olympics -- anyone into them as much as I am?  I am just blown away by the dedication and athleticism!  Looking forward to watching them on TV.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

5 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Olympics -- anyone into them as much as I am?  I am just blown away by the dedication and athleticism!  Looking forward to watching them on TV.

We always look forward to them as well.  Generally watch it a lot.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

@KookyKrazy and @seahag, I'm sorry I'm so late with my wishes; I don't get over here as often as I should.  I hope by the time you're reading this that you're both feeling better/have good news.  We Sparkly Snarkers are truly family and care about one another.  Please keep us up to date. ???

Ok, here’s my news.  The pulmonary infection is better, but I still have a raging sinus infection.  I got yet another type of antibiotic, the fifth time in 8 months.  I was also lucky that my pharmacist refused to fill it, because I am allergic to penicillin.  I got another drug.  Saved by Lilliana!

On another topic, please pray for my friend.  Her 30 year old son took his own life this week.  She is devastated.

You are such a wonderful group of Sparklers, and a comfort to me. ❤️

  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post

My God, @seahag, what a horrific thing to  happen.  The pain must be unimaginable.  Please let her know that there's someone out here who is shedding tears for her son, for her loss.  I am so very sorry. 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

I am the mother of two sons, both of whom are incredibly precious to me.  I don't know how I would cope with losing one of them, particularly by his own hand.  I lost a high school classmate to suicide and that was devastating enough.  I can't begin to imagine the depth of your friend's pain. 

I will most certainly keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, seahag said:

Ok, here’s my news.  The pulmonary infection is better, but I still have a raging sinus infection.  I got yet another type of antibiotic, the fifth time in 8 months.  I was also lucky that my pharmacist refused to fill it, because I am allergic to penicillin.  I got another drug.  Saved by Lilliana!

On another topic, please pray for my friend.  Her 30 year old son took his own life this week.  She is devastated.

You are such a wonderful group of Sparklers, and a comfort to me. ❤️

Glad you seem to be on the mend - will keep good thoughts and prayers coming your way, as well as for your friend.  I have a friend whose oldest daughter took her life this past summer.  He is devastated.  And still is.  He says he will never get over it. 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size