Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Small Talk: Take A Break From Shop(ping) Talk

Recommended Posts

@CRICKET - Oh honey, I am so terribly sorry.  I know the two of you are truly soulmates, it shines through in everything you have posted over the years here.  Make as many memories as you can in the upcoming days and weeks and months.  Enjoy everything that you can to the fullest.

I will continue to keep the both of you in my thoughts and prayers.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Cricket said:

Hello all. Will try to be brief.. also will copy and past to the other small talk forum.. all these new sub forums have me confused to be honest.  Thank you to all of you who have checked in with me. Two days ago we were finally notified that the blood test done for the horrid B-raf defective cancer gene came in. I can only imagine the cost... it was a new blood test done because the previous 4 biopsies from the tumor taken back in July, kept coming back inconclusive. Because Joe's spots on his liver, since the July operation have not shrunken, and even grown  somewhat, I suspected he did infact have this defective gene... and he does. This means treating his cancer has an extremely poor outcome. I am not looking to have a husband for too long, even the thought of going through with our March paid for and planned vacation now seems doubtful. He is terribly sick with the current chemo, he has had 2 treatments and scheduled to do another one on Monday. Another CATScan in a couple of weeks.  Not hopeful in the least based on reading about this, and reading between the lines with his doctor. He had a script to go to Dana Farber again, in Boston for new clinical trials, but when we were there 2 weeks ago, the doctor said they had nothing at the time.  To say I am utterly destroyed would be the understatement of the century. Thank you again for all the messages, it really kept me going.

Words just can't express my feelings right now, except to say how sorry I am to hear this.  You and Joe are in my thoughts and prayers.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

Cricket, I am so very sorry to hear that your fear of the defective gene has come true...this whole situation sucks!!!  I will continue to pray for both of you.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Denver Hoosier said:

@CRICKET - Oh honey, I am so terribly sorry.  I know the two of you are truly soulmates, it shines through in everything you have posted over the years here.  Make as many memories as you can in the upcoming days and weeks and months.  Enjoy everything that you can to the fullest.

I will continue to keep the both of you in my thoughts and prayers.

@Cricket - couldn't say it any better than @Denver Hoosier expressed here --- have to add to that sentiment - double that and triple that.  

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

Covering all the emotions in 1:02.  Like a boss.  (Actually about 20 or 30 seconds)

The 3 little tuxies are up for adoption at a local rescue.  Just had to share, aren't they adorable?

3 tuxies.jpg

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Covering all the emotions in 1:02.  Like a boss.

The 3 little tuxies are up for adoption at a local rescue.  Just had to share, aren't they adorable?

3 tuxies.jpg

Am in love with those tuxies --- have always wanted one!

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

{{{Cricket & Joe}}} You both remain in my prayers and my thoughts. Hoping for a medical miracle. Though your time together appears to be shortened, please pack as much love and memories into them as you can. We are here for you whenever you need a virtual shoulder or a little smile. ?????

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Covering all the emotions in 1:02.  Like a boss.  (Actually about 20 or 30 seconds)

The 3 little tuxies are up for adoption at a local rescue.  Just had to share, aren't they adorable?

3 tuxies.jpg

Awww, so sweet! Makes me miss my little Annie, who passed away in 2014 at the ripe old age of 18. She had a little more white fur than these cuties - she was the black-and-white wonder cat.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

Oh Dear @Cricket, devastating news is an understatement.  I’m keeping you and your husband in my thoughts .  

 

I have a side gig and cat sitting is involved, here’s a couple of my charges.  Two sister bengal kittens.  I know, they should’ve adopted from the humane society but they’re darn cute. 

6056FB90-DB06-499C-B9D8-76BFBA5629FB.jpeg

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Thelmalou said:

I have a side gig and cat sitting is involved, here’s a couple of my charges.  Two sister bengal kittens.  I know, they should’ve adopted from the humane society but they’re darn cute. 

6056FB90-DB06-499C-B9D8-76BFBA5629FB.jpeg

I am in love!!!! You are so lucky!!! (how do ya get a cool gig like that?) What sweethearts!!!

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Thelmalou said:

Oh Dear @Cricket, devastating news is an understatement.  I’m keeping you and your husband in my thoughts .  

 

I have a side gig and cat sitting is involved, here’s a couple of my charges.  Two sister bengal kittens.  I know, they should’ve adopted from the humane society but they’re darn cute. 

6056FB90-DB06-499C-B9D8-76BFBA5629FB.jpeg

So beautiful!

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

@leFay I have a friend who has a clientele base that she house sits, pet sits and personal assists for (runs errands lol).  She gives me her overflow business I guess you could say , it’s not something one could make a living on but the kitties are fun to play with. 

E80A6084-D57D-499F-A761-DCAC3E61FAB6.jpeg

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Thelmalou said:

Oh Dear @Cricket, devastating news is an understatement.  I’m keeping you and your husband in my thoughts .  

 

I have a side gig and cat sitting is involved, here’s a couple of my charges.  Two sister bengal kittens.  I know, they should’ve adopted from the humane society but they’re darn cute. 

6056FB90-DB06-499C-B9D8-76BFBA5629FB.jpeg

Oh my these Bengals are A D O R A B L E!!  

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

If there are folks that don't stop by as often as some of us, and are still uncomfortable or unfamiliar with moving throughout the new format, the moderators @CuriousParker and @deaja were kind enough to give us a subforum about how to navigate the new Shopping Channel Shows forum.  You can find it on the main Shopping Channel menu, or at this link:

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

You guys need to slow down on the cat pictures, because I’m about to go adopt like 5 more kittens because of the cuteness in this thread. I already have 3, so this would be bad. :)

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

How's your kitty cat?

Oh my gosh, thank you so much for asking ?.   He's on the mend, thank goodness.  Off the narcotic painkiller, now just on twice daily antibiotics for another week or so.  We have the best vet.  She stayed at the office Tuesday night with him until she was sure he was okay to go home.  When we picked him up she took us on a tour of the whole facility, showed us the room where the surgery was done, showed us his dental x-rays, etc. 

Thanks again for your concern.  We have the best bunch of friends here, don't we? ?

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

My dream job ?.  Well, right after 'back-up singer'.  ?

if you got a cat sitting job, you could sing to your charges..... Hee!

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, deaja said:

You guys need to slow down on the cat pictures, because I’m about to go adopt like 5 more kittens because of the cuteness in this thread. I already have 3, so this would be bad. :)

Do it!  Do it!  lol

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, deaja said:

You guys need to slow down on the cat pictures, because I’m about to go adopt like 5 more kittens because of the cuteness in this thread. I already have 3, so this would be bad. :)

They’re like potato chips, @deaja - you can’t stop with one...or three. ???

11D8ED8E-DCD4-4432-9905-823E21F92EF0.jpeg.cee693c8019af793ea5be700fb864847.jpeg

994A3835-D286-4C53-9194-BD546BD8B298.thumb.jpeg.2a182e199d6e2a69341df998143dd661.jpeg

Edited by Booney
  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Thelmalou said:

Oh Dear @Cricket, devastating news is an understatement.  I’m keeping you and your husband in my thoughts .  

 

I have a side gig and cat sitting is involved, here’s a couple of my charges.  Two sister bengal kittens.  I know, they should’ve adopted from the humane society but they’re darn cute. 

6056FB90-DB06-499C-B9D8-76BFBA5629FB.jpeg

Bengals are beautiful!  I'm an adopt-don't-shop advocate, but I can understand how these would be hard to resist.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, CarpeDiem54 said:

FYI - The Decades channel is running Perry Mason movies all weekend.

I'd love to get that channel here. MeTV, Antenna TV and FETV are nice to have don't get me wrong. I see people posting about marathons of shows on Decades I've wanted to see full episodes of for a long time like Vega$ and Police Woman. Then they apparently show older reunion movies of retro shows that air on these channels. Hallmark Movies & Mysteries shows those Perry Mason movies sometimes sadly they and the main channel are a quarter of a way through their nothing but Xmas movies from Oct 27th until the first week in January. I like the Mysteries channel more when they are airing their regular programming. 

Edited by Jaded
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, Jaded said:

from Oct 27th until the first week in January

too long 

why not just Dec?

I like those frothy mysteries and movies when you are doing stuff in the kitchen and the Q isn't cutting it 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

too long 

why not just Dec?

People are obsessed with Xmas movies especially the Hallmark ones. I've seen multiple people on Facebook begging them to create an Xmas movie channel or even start the movies earlier. The more movies of any kind that Hallmark churns out the worse they get. They started caring about quantity more then quality a few years ago and it's only gotten worse. I overloaded on their Xmas movies and other ones after my Mom died because they were like a safe bubble in regards to feelings. I still like some of the Mystery channel ones because they don't always end in people getting married or getting together too quick. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, Jaded said:

I'd love to get that channel here. MeTV, Antenna TV and FETV are nice to have don't get me wrong. I see people posting about marathons of shows on Decades I've wanted to see full episodes of for a long time like Vega$ and Police Woman. Then they apparently show older reunion movies of retro shows that air on these channels. Hallmark Movies & Mysteries shows those Perry Mason movies sometimes sadly they and the main channel are a quarter of a way through their nothing but Xmas movies from Oct 27th until the first week in January. I like the Mysteries channel more when they are airing their regular programming. 

sheesh.... agree about the Mysteries channel.

I like Christmas movies and you can get an eyeful from the Hallmark channel - but personally, when I've seen one of their movies, I've seen 'em all!!  Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzs 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

I don't know where to put this but I like the new set-up here. I don't care about Lisa Robinson and don't get JTV so I can just skip those topics.

Much easier to navigate through the forums now without huge photos of Lisa in all her glory.

Just thought I would post and if a mod notices then I say thank you.

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, Jaded said:

People are obsessed with Xmas movies especially the Hallmark ones. I've seen multiple people on Facebook begging them to create an Xmas movie channel or even start the movies earlier. The more movies of any kind that Hallmark churns out the worse they get. They started caring about quantity more then quality a few years ago and it's only gotten worse. I overloaded on their Xmas movies and other ones after my Mom died because they were like a safe bubble in regards to feelings. I still like some of the Mystery channel ones because they don't always end in people getting married or getting together too quick. 

I like a good Christmas movie, just not constantly. It seems to be the same actors are in similar movies. It's gotten to the point I don't know which movie I'm watching. Plus, I get the names of the movies mixed up. 

It all becomes the "Christmas Reality Show" like everyone lives in the same town but the guy who played Parker Jones last hour has a twin named Chester Prescott and is dating a woman from the big city who that other actor knows as Callie Fitzsimmons from the diner. No EHarmony available but the town square gazebo and Christmas tree lots are hot spots for meeting the new beau and former high school sweetheart.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

For the doggie peeps.  These two were reunited after 2 years, when hope was all but lost.

Here's the link to the back story:  lost-dog

This closes my throat a little - 

1,000 likes for this! Even my beloved dog howled in delight.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, BecomingLimited said:

1,000 likes for this! Even my beloved dog howled in delight.

OMGod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm crying like a baby!!!

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

For the doggie peeps.  These two were reunited after 2 years, when hope was all but lost.

Here's the link to the back story:  lost-dog

This closes my throat a little - 

 

I'm crying at my desk at work... gotta go grab a tissue (or 50) now... 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...