Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Small Talk: Take A Break From Shop(ping) Talk

2 hours ago, AuntCarol said:

Thanks for all the kind thoughts. I got him to Nashville and into the hospital. Stayed until they took him back to get ready for the surgery. He told me to go home because he would be kinda out of it after surgery and probably wouldn’t remember I was there the next day. We’re kind of blasé about hospitals having been around them for over 30 yrs.  so I left and they called when he went into surgery.  Two hours later than scheduled. Called me in the middle and end of surgery with updates. Called me when he got to recovery. Then the doctor called me and said the surgery went really well and that he will be there one night or two. Then they called me when they put him in a room.  And then he started texting me!  Gads, I got more info. by not being there. Great hospital!  Nice people. God I love Tennessee!

I still sound like I should be in a TB ward but I feel somewhat better. Definitely light peaking in at the end of the tunnel. Will drive to Nashville tomorrow to visit UncleCarol (I like that too Retired at Last).  Maybe I can bring him home 🏡
Love you guys 🥰

So glad UncleCarol's surgery went well,  @AuntCarol! And I'm glad you're feeling better too. We love you too!

• Like 7

Maybe I can bring him home 🏡

Good news AC!  Will continue to keep you and UC in our thoughts.  Sounds like you all will have a memorable first Thanksgiving in your new home.  So glad to hear that you are happy there!

• Like 6

5 hours ago, AuntCarol said:

Thanks for all the kind thoughts. I got him to Nashville and into the hospital. Stayed until they took him back to get ready for the surgery. He told me to go home because he would be kinda out of it after surgery and probably wouldn’t remember I was there the next day. We’re kind of blasé about hospitals having been around them for over 30 yrs.  so I left and they called when he went into surgery.  Two hours later than scheduled. Called me in the middle and end of surgery with updates. Called me when he got to recovery. Then the doctor called me and said the surgery went really well and that he will be there one night or two. Then they called me when they put him in a room.  And then he started texting me!  Gads, I got more info. by not being there. Great hospital!  Nice people. God I love Tennessee!

I still sound like I should be in a TB ward but I feel somewhat better. Definitely light peaking in at the end of the tunnel. Will drive to Nashville tomorrow to visit UncleCarol (I like that too Retired at Last).  Maybe I can bring him home 🏡
Love you guys 🥰

Good to hear all went well.  I had similar experiences this past year when I left Mr. Thumper at the hospital for various procedures.  The staff was great about keeping me in the loop via phone calls and texts.  Wishing Uncle Carol a speedy and successful recovery — you too! 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, AuntCarol said:

Love you guys 🥰

Great news his surgery went well. I’m glad to hear you are feeling better. 

• Like 6

I’m thankful for all of you , because what is life without kindness , laughter and Snark ?  🦃 Happy Thanksgiving 🦃

• Like 9

51 minutes ago, Booney said:

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my fellow snarkers! So thankful to be part of this fun and supportive online family!

5695E9DB-2DCF-4971-A31D-DCD992B121CE.thumb.jpeg.25e72b4c273129edaf552e516bf9b2f4.jpeg

I agree, @Booney!  And Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

• Like 9

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!  UncleCarol is home safe and sound. Had to wait about3 hours after he was ready to go because he couldn’t pee after they took the Foley catheter out. Kept making him drink water and running water in the sink. Even googled how to finally make someone pee. Interesting article. 😳   He is hopeful that he will regain his mobility rather than being dependent on a walker. Said we could learn a dance like on DWTS. I’m going for the Argentine Tango and the Paso Doble!  😁. Thanks for the support. We’re having QVC’S Corky’s smoked turkey and sides tomorrow. Hope it tastes good. 

• Like 15

May your stuffing be tasty, may your turkey be plump. May your potatoes and gravy have never a lump. May your yams be delicious, and your pies take the prize. And may your Thanksgiving dinner stay off your thighs! HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!

dog-cat-indian-american-funny-pic.jpg

• Like 7
  • Laugh 3

@AuntCarol, I'm glad UncleCarol came through the surgery well, is home and you both are doing well. Enjoy the Corky's turkey!

blessed-and-grateful.jpg

I'm grateful for life, friends, and good food for days!

I'm trying variations of Thanksgiving dinner classics this year.

1.  a "no thaw, no prep, roast in bag" Butterball Turkey, (it's new for me)
  2. instead of the well-known green bean casserole - I took green beans and cauliflower, cooked with Rice-A-Roni long grain & wild rice, I added cream of mushroom soup afterward, stirred in chopped walnuts. (french fried onions are too greasy)
  3. rather than cranberry sauce from a can - fresh cranberries and frozen strawberries chopped in food processor, (I added a little sugar)
  4. pumpkin pudding pie - pumpkin puree, spices, butterscotch pudding, graham cracker crust (quick and easy)
  • Like 8

I cannot believe this happened.  First of all, we were raised in Waukesha, Wisc. and lived there for more than 40 years.  The Christmas parade attack broke our hearts as we still have family and friends who live there.  My sis went to the high school where some of the members were run over.  And now I find out that someone had the audacity to start a gofundme page for the guy who drove the car through the parade and wants to raise  the $5 million bail.  Of course, gofundme removed the page and banned the person for life, but still I cannot believe that anyone would think that doing a fund raiser for that murderer was a good idea.  

• Sad 11

Uncle Carol is back in the hospital. We talked to his doctor last night about 8 and he said bring him to the ER. We got there about 10 pm. He fell Wed. So they did an MRI of his back which was good. He had uncontrollable liquid diarrhea. That was fun. Couldn’t pee. Coughing lungs out which I think he caught from me. Could barely stand to try to pee. Anyway they kept him last night and tonight. Going to do some PT tomorrow to try to get him on his feet. I requested a bedside commode. 😁. He doesn’t have much pain from the surgery. Some drainage from the op-site. Trying to keep the liquid poop from the op site was getting to be a full time job. Fun at the Robinson’s. We still haven’t had that Corkys turkey yet!  I’m hoping he will be home tomorrow or Tuesday. 

• Sad 9

Uncle Carol is back in the hospital. We talked to his doctor last night about 8 and he said bring him to the ER. We got there about 10 pm. He fell Wed. So they did an MRI of his back which was good. He had uncontrollable liquid diarrhea. That was fun. Couldn’t pee. Coughing lungs out which I think he caught from me. Could barely stand to try to pee. Anyway they kept him last night and tonight. Going to do some PT tomorrow to try to get him on his feet. I requested a bedside commode. 😁. He doesn’t have much pain from the surgery. Some drainage from the op-site. Trying to keep the liquid poop from the op site was getting to be a full time job. Fun at the Robinson’s. We still haven’t had that Corkys turkey yet!  I’m hoping he will be home tomorrow or Tuesday. 

Damn.  Sorry to hear.  Get well soon pooper!

• Like 3

Oh, @AuntCarol, sorry to hear about Uncle Carol's troubles. It was a good decision to bring him back to the hospital. Hopefully he'll be back home soon so you can both have that Corky's turkey! Please keep us posted.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, AuntCarol said:

I am so sorry to hear this and what you and Uncle Carol are going through.  I'll be sending positive thoughts that he's feeling better soon.  Let us know, when you're able, how you both are doing!

• Like 4

@AuntCarol, I'm sorry to hear Uncle Carol is back in the hospital. I think they rush people out too soon, but with all the covid, it's probably safer to get the heck out of there. Hope he's better soon.

• Like 5

That sounds miserable, @AuntCarol.  So sorry.  Hope they figure his troubles out and he is back on the recovery road soon.  Try to get some sleep and recovery for you, too.  Hugs. 

• Like 4

Thank you all for the kind thoughts. UncleAuntCarol is still in the slammer. He got a blood transfusion today. Jeez, what’s next his gallbladder? 🤪. He sounds good. I didn’t visit today. I sound like death warmed over. He doesn’t care about visitors thank goodness  I’m trying to get better so I can take care of him when he gets home .

I haven’t taken down my Fall decorations or started on Christmas so I’m behind already.

Oh well  it will get done sooner or later or it won’t  As long as UncleCarol gets home and recovers I will be HAPPY!

• Like 13

I love Dolly but it looks like her upper lip got a bit over filled before her People shoot. 

I find it interesting she is always so over the top photoshopped.    When I saw her on HSN selling her perfume I realized she actually shows age and her eyelids are droppy and she looks tired.    

263422934_623940235699709_336197162192888259_n.png

• Surprise 2

Dolly Parton could look like death warmed over times a million, photoshopped beyond all recognition.  I would not care. 

She has done more for humanity than I've ever even thought about!

She's 75 years old, by the way.  

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 17

12 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Dolly Parton could look like death warmed over times a million, photoshopped beyond all recognition.  I would not care. 

image.png.bbde292841c2b418e11294f96442f2c7.png

• Like 8

38 minutes ago, artisto said:

image.png.bbde292841c2b418e11294f96442f2c7.png

I know a lot of celebrities have foundations that do a lot of really good things.  Justin Timberlake is one yet he or his people don't seem to make everything public.   Not putting down the Dolly deeds just making a statement

• Like 4

Picked Uncle Carol yesterday and brought him home. He’s doing better. His legs seem to be stronger. I’m better too. Still coughing but better. One of my neighbors called to check on us and heard me cough and told me I had the Tennessee crud. . At least I know what I have now. 😀

• Like 10
  • Surprise 1

1 hour ago, AuntCarol said:

Picked Uncle Carol yesterday and brought him home. He’s doing better. His legs seem to be stronger. I’m better too. Still coughing but better. One of my neighbors called to check on us and heard me cough and told me I had the Tennessee crud. . At least I know what I have now. 😀

Oh my, Tennessee crud 😷.  Well, at least you'll be forearmed next year.  Glad to hear that Uncle is headed in the right direction. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Dancing bear said:

I know a lot of celebrities have foundations that do a lot of really good things. 

Not to mention that many, many non-celebrities give donations.   Also, many folks  offer other types of much needed help to those less fortunate.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, artisto said:

Not to mention that many, many non-celebrities give donations.   Also, many folks  offer other types of much needed help to those less fortunate.

Most of which is done anonymously.

• Like 4

Just now, SuprSuprElevated said:

Precisely...

The joy comes from the giving......not the accolades from other humans.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, AuntCarol said:

Wishing you both continued good health!

My neighbors have been sick for weeks with some kind of cough/cold/sore throat thing, so that Tennessee Crud is in Minnesota, too.  They keep getting tested for Covid, but always negative.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Yes they do. I guess do for a cause not applause could be applied here.   

10 hours ago, artisto said:

Precisely...

The joy comes from the giving......not the accolades from other humans.

Truth!  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Dancing bear said:

Yes they do. I guess do for a cause not applause could be applied here.   

Truth!  

I agree, however sometimes the famous can bring attention to a worthy cause and maybe inspire others to contribute. Just a thought. 🤔

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Lady J said:

I agree, however sometimes the famous can bring attention to a worthy cause and maybe inspire others to contribute. Just a thought. 🤔

I'm curious.  Do all these good deeds result with tax benefits. 

34 minutes ago, Dancing bear said:

I'm curious.  Do all these good deeds result with tax benefits. 

I imagine that some do, so ?

• Like 2