Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Small Talk: Take A Break From Shop(ping) Talk

10 hours ago, mpeeps said:

Don't mean to offend. 😉 I think it's a texture thing. Fun to look at at least . . . an abundance of toxic colors in the candy aisle at your nearest drugstore. 

Present Peeps excepted. 😉

• Laugh 3

I’m not a dad, but definitely guilty of at least two of those phrases!  (Maybe moms too?! 😁)

• Like 4

On 3/8/2021 at 2:57 PM, Bronx Babe said:

Hi, @imisspuddy!  Nice to see you!

Thanks, lol.   I almost expected her to start woofing.

so good to see you, too!

• Like 2

On 3/15/2021 at 9:43 PM, LeeDenny said:

Especially when these appear in the Spring.

image.png.3fc6783a1e2283ffce446337e4e462f3.png

I love cadbury anything🤤

• Like 7

Jelly beans for me!  Yum, yum.

For the older people here, did your mothers keep making you Easter baskets even when you were over 50? My mother did. She made baskets with the green paper grass and candy for me and my sisters.

misc pics food jelly beans Brach's.jpg

• Like 6
  • Laugh 1

On 3/18/2021 at 12:10 PM, Thumper said:

I’m not a dad, but definitely guilty of at least two of those phrases!  (Maybe moms too?! 😁)

Right?  I was reading these off to my husband, who maybe says one of them and he looked at me and said "You say just about half of these ALL the time!"

I'm queen of the "I'm just resting my eyes" when I fall asleep on the couch. 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 5

I got my first vaccine today. I had to drive an hour but well worth the trip.

• Like 8

On 3/20/2021 at 9:12 PM, LeeDenny said:

I got my first vaccine today. I had to drive an hour but well worth the trip.

Congrats! Mr. Booney and I got our first shot and go back for our second one on March 30. We got ours through our county, so we didn’t have to travel far. I’ll let out a sigh of relief when we’re fully vaccinated.

Edited by Booney
  • Like 9

Mr. Cup and I got our 2nd shots on March 16. I'm so relieved. I had side effects for 4 days (fatigue, sore arm) but they are gone now. Mr. Cup had no side effects.

• Like 7

Hubs and I are fully vaxxed.  He had about 3 hrs. of blah after the first, nothing after the second.  I had zero issues after first, and only an extremely mild headache (could've been unrelated) about an hr after the second.

Don't let people convince you that you will have ill effects, as it seems more don't than do.  In my mother's case, she was a hot mess for a day after her second, but she has always been a victim of suggestion/mind over matter, so it's hard to say whether or not it was legitimate post-vaccine trouble.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

I feel fine today, aside from a sore arm up to my shoulder. And I actually slept really well last night for the first time in a long time. I'm not sure if it was subconscious relief or a physical reaction to the vaccine. Either way, I'll take it.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

I'm convinced that sore arms from vaccinations can be as much about the shooter as from the vaccination.  I realize that they go into muscle tissue, but some are so adept at it, that you don't feel a thing, and those just don't seem to hurt.  I've had some that jab so hard, it's like they're trying to breach a concrete wall.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 3

I feel like I'm sort of suffering from a post Covid house cleaning hangover.  We've all been so focused on keeping things uber clean for the past year, and now I'm like over.it.  Trust me when I tell you that I'm not a natural-born cleaner (I think because my mother was completely fixated on it), so the past year has been a thing.  Now, I would like a housekeeper, thank you very much.

dusting meme.jpg

• Like 2
  • Laugh 10

21 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I feel like I'm sort of suffering from a post Covid house cleaning hangover.  We've all been so focused on keeping things uber clean for the past year, and now I'm like over.it.  Trust me when I tell you that I'm not a natural-born cleaner (I think because my mother was completely fixated on it), so the past year has been a thing.  Now, I would like a housekeeper, thank you very much.

dusting meme.jpg

I’m with you, @SuprSuprElevated!   I can’t tell you how many varied packages of antibacterial wipes I now have!!! 😁

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I’m with you, @SuprSuprElevated!   I can’t tell you how many varied packages of antibacterial wipes I now have!!! 😁

Ha!  Yes, and I now have enough hand sanitizer to, well, I have a lot.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Mr. AuntCarol and I have had both shots. I had a sore arm both times. More so the second. Hubby had nothing with the first one but felt pretty punk and tired the following day.  But that’s it.  I’m with SSE in that there are good ”shooters” and not so good. And that may determine whether you have a sore arm. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, AuntCarol said:

Mr. AuntCarol and I have had both shots. I had a sore arm both times. More so the second. Hubby had nothing with the first one but felt pretty punk and tired the following day.  But that’s it.  I’m with SSE in that there are good ”shooters” and not so good. And that may determine whether you have a sore arm. 

We're are both finished! No problem at all. I was tired when I went to bed took a tylenol as a precaution slept like a baby.

• Like 5

I see some of you are, or will soon be, fully vaxxed!  Congratulations!

Are you ready for travel, but feel awkward and out of practice?  Well, here's a handy chart with some destinations and how you're going to arrive there!

image.thumb.png.aa48a5bf6e3952cc3302661fa4afd921.png

(My husband becomes eligible in our state for the vax tomorrow....me, on April 13th.  Cannot wait!)

• Like 8
  • Laugh 3

Tonight is our last night in our house in California!  Everything packed and will be loaded tomorrow. We’re staying until Thursday in a motel to clear up a few last chores. Clothing donations, taking the cable crap back, going to the bank, etc.  Going to see my sister and brother. They live here in town.  One last time before we head out on I-40. for 2000 miles. Just going to take our time. Excited about the move but I’ve lived in Ca. 71 years so it’s kinda sad too. Aw hell, onward and upward right?  

• Like 18

5 hours ago, AuntCarol said:

Tonight is our last night in our house in California!  Everything packed and will be loaded tomorrow. We’re staying until Thursday in a motel to clear up a few last chores. Clothing donations, taking the cable crap back, going to the bank, etc.  Going to see my sister and brother. They live here in town.  One last time before we head out on I-40. for 2000 miles. Just going to take our time. Excited about the move but I’ve lived in Ca. 71 years so it’s kinda sad too. Aw hell, onward and upward right?  

Safe travels to you both!  Enjoy every minute of it!

• Like 4

@AuntCarol wishing you a safe and happy trip and everything new and wonderful in Tennessee!  Please keep us updated on your travels!

• Like 6

10 hours ago, AuntCarol said:

Tonight is our last night in our house in California!  Everything packed and will be loaded tomorrow. We’re staying until Thursday in a motel to clear up a few last chores. Clothing donations, taking the cable crap back, going to the bank, etc.  Going to see my sister and brother. They live here in town.  One last time before we head out on I-40. for 2000 miles. Just going to take our time. Excited about the move but I’ve lived in Ca. 71 years so it’s kinda sad too. Aw hell, onward and upward right?  Tonight is our last night in our house in California!  Everything packed and will be loaded tomorrow. We’re staying until Thursday in a motel to clear up a few last chores. Clothing donations, taking the cable crap back, going to the bank, etc.  Going to see my sister and brother. They live here in town.  One last time before we head out on I-40. for 2000 miles. Just going to take our time. Excited about the move but I’ve lived in Ca. 71 years so it’s kinda sad too. Aw hell, onward and upward right? 

Just now, Lady J said:

Sorry @ Aunt Carol, I screwed up my reply.  Have safe travels, and a great adventure ! 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, AuntCarol said:

Safe travels to you both. I hope everything goes well with the move. I'm looking forward to reading about your new place.

• Like 6

On 3/23/2021 at 8:16 AM, lovemesomejoolery said:

Safe travels to you both!  Enjoy every minute of it!

I hope you love it, meet a lot of new friends, and you always have us☺️

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Elle820 said:

I hope you love it, meet a lot of new friends, and you always have us☺️

Thanks to all of you for the nice messages. I will carry you all with me so get ready for the road trip. We’re in a motel in our town tonight. I told hubby it seems weird to be in a motel in Merced!  😄. We leave in the a.m. for Needles, Ca and then onto I 40. Keep up with 8s on your maps!  If there is anything we need to see or places to eat that you know of, let me know. I’ll check in every night. Love you guys!

• Like 11

8 hours ago, AuntCarol said:

Thanks to all of you for the nice messages. I will carry you all with me so get ready for the road trip. We’re in a motel in our town tonight. I told hubby it seems weird to be in a motel in Merced!  😄. We leave in the a.m. for Needles, Ca and then onto I 40. Keep up with 8s on your maps!  If there is anything we need to see or places to eat that you know of, let me know. I’ll check in every night. Love you guys!

Safe travels!  I'm a little jealous of your adventure, both the trip and the relocation.  I wouldn't mind both.  Or either, lol.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Also pink and blue cans, according to the article!

image.png.4e4b54df97a4d19477d14181cd24d99b.png

Thank you for this heads up!  I MUST have this soda to try, just once.  I love Peeps anything.

We've already had our fill of Peeps cereal, which we eat dry out of the box as a snack (albeit a very sugary snack).  Think Lucky Charms, but more of a marshmallow taste.

image.png.ab1ec486dcba23fe424f82a9664ed955.png

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 5

25 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Also pink and blue cans, according to the article!

Thank you for this heads up!  I MUST have this soda to try, just once.  I love Peeps anything.

We've already had our fill of Peeps cereal, which we eat dry out of the box as a snack (albeit a very sugary snack).  Think Lucky Charms, but more of a marshmallow taste.

I did the research so you don't have to.  You can't find it at stores; rather, you have to use social media to have a chance to acquire some:

"Fans will have to enter Pepsi's #HangingWithMyPEEPS national sweepstakes between March 25th and March 31st, 2021. To potentially win a "Peepsi," fans can share a photo of them enjoying Peeps in the spring sunshine on Twitter and/or Instagram, tagging @Pepsi and using #HangingWithMyPeeps and #PepsiSweepstakes."

https://www.allrecipes.com/article/peeps-pepsi-collab/

(From the linked article I also learned that limited-edition Peeps coffee creamer and Slurpees were created for last Easter)

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 4

These are just, I don't know, "eeeww"?

image.thumb.png.63aea2231b9fee7c249c115dd52371e9.png

28 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

I did the research so you don't have to.  You can't find it at stores; rather, you have to use social media to have a chance to acquire some:

"Fans will have to enter Pepsi's #HangingWithMyPEEPS national sweepstakes between March 25th and March 31st, 2021. To potentially win a "Peepsi," fans can share a photo of them enjoying Peeps in the spring sunshine on Twitter and/or Instagram, tagging @Pepsi and using #HangingWithMyPeeps and #PepsiSweepstakes."

https://www.allrecipes.com/article/peeps-pepsi-collab/

(From the linked article I also learned that limited-edition Peeps coffee creamer and Slurpees were created for last Easter)

Trust and believe I will be having a pic of myself taken tomorrow, in the sunshine, eating my Peeps.  Which I will then post on Twitter and Instagram with all the appropriate hashtags.

Yes, I'm a teenager.

But I do love Peeps!

• Like 2
  • Laugh 6
  • Surprise 1

Oooh, “Pepsi” (cute!) sounds very very sweet.  Probably not for me.

• Like 2

Better start loading up on toilet paper....again.  I saw several reports this morning that we're in for another toilet paper shortage, this latest one could be much worse than the last one a year ago.  There's a shortage of the shipping containers that are used for the pulp that comes from Brazil.  Wood pulp is what makes paper products.  Apparently, this shipping container issue has been brewing...........

Here's an article about it:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-03-24/toilet-paper-is-next-likely-victim-of-world-s-container-crisis

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Surprise 3
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Better start loading up on toilet paper....again.  I saw several reports this morning that we're in for another toilet paper shortage, this latest one could be much worse than the last one a year ago.  There's a shortage of the shipping containers that are used for the pulp that comes from Brazil.  Wood pulp is what makes paper products.  Apparently, this shipping container issue has been brewing...........

Here's an article about it:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-03-24/toilet-paper-is-next-likely-victim-of-world-s-container-crisis

I read other articles that indicated it isn't just going to be TP that may end up in short supply, although I'm sure there will be a run on it now, but also many other goods, including household goods.  And it's not just because of the container shortage but the Suez Canal blockage helping to make the supply problem worse.  Getting the canal unblocked may take many more weeks to accomplish.

I have noticed, though, that prices on all sorts of things have been going up in the past number of months.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 2

Spending the night in Flagstaff AZ tonight!  Good drive and we ran into snow twice!  I was so excited 😁. I love the snow. It was cool. Anyway, on to Albuquerque tomorrow. Driving around 350 miles a day. In no hurry so it’s been nice. You guys take care 

Hey, what was the deal with Nick Chavez?  Did he get his hair cut?  Any photos?

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, AuntCarol said:

Spending the night in Flagstaff AZ tonight!  Good drive and we ran into snow twice!  I was so excited 😁. I love the snow. It was cool. Anyway, on to Albuquerque tomorrow. Driving around 350 miles a day. In no hurry so it’s been nice. You guys take care 

If you have to make a turn when you get to Albuquerque, make sure it's the correct one.

Edited by letusprocrastinate · Reason: Although GPS can give bad directions to human or rabbit too
  • Laugh 2

2 hours ago, AuntCarol said:

He had cancer.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, AuntCarol said:

Here's a pic. He lost his hair due to chemo for cancer. He said he is completely healed now, cancer is gone, so he's going back to work. He looked good and sounded very upbeat.

misc pics QVC Nick Chavez post-cancer treatment 3-26-21.jpg

• Like 5

On 3/27/2021 at 5:23 AM, Coffeecup said:

Here's a pic. He lost his hair due to chemo for cancer. He said he is completely healed now, cancer is gone, so he's going back to work. He looked good and sounded very upbeat.

misc pics QVC Nick Chavez post-cancer treatment 3-26-21.jpg

I'm glad he will be okay. I didn't know he was going thru all that. He looks very thin right now, but he's got a healthy color to his face rather than being anemic and pale. 

• Like 5