Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Small Talk: Take A Break From Shop(ping) Talk

image.png.5f8b288069fd51b9e19c4ac49b815cf1.png

Sorry to bore with yet another update on my portable washer. I LOVE it. It's so nice to not have to go down to the common laundry room. And my clothes get cleaner using the portable! I bought a little dolly to roll it. I just stash it in my hall closet to store it and roll it into the bathroom to use it. (You can hook it to the kitchen sink too). I ordered through Wally World in case I needed to return it. My sister bought one for her little apartment and loves hers too.

• Like 6
  • Useful 4

46 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Laptop misbehaving.

Gets online, buys new one since it's probably a hardware problem.

Less than 10 minutes after completing transaction laptop is behaving.

Sigh.

What were the issues that were occurring?

27 minutes ago, Jaded said:

What were the issues that were occurring?

Probably a CMOS issue.  Time not updating, search bar and taskbar unavailable until about 3 hours later it kicked back to normal.

Edited by letusprocrastinate

I am outside for an extended time for the first time ever and I got up.  Getting down may be another issue so I'll just take a snooze in the meantime.

snore.PNG

• Like 2

5 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Laptop misbehaving.

Gets online, buys new one since it's probably a hardware problem.

Less than 10 minutes after completing transaction laptop is behaving.

Sigh.

Figures. 

You already know this I'm sure, but if you cancel your order your current laptop will know and act up when it annoys you the most. 

• Like 3
  • Laugh 3

3 minutes ago, TexasTiffany said:

Figures. 

You already know this I'm sure, but if you cancel your order your current laptop will know and act up when it annoys you the most. 

I'm not going to cancel it.  Might as well have it available if this one goes kerflooey because what would you all do without my preachiness and panda pics?

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

4 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

I am outside for an extended time for the first time ever and I got up.  Getting down may be another issue so I'll just take a snooze in the meantime.

snore.PNG

LOL, it took me forever to find the panda.

• Laugh 5

Did anyone else think Oprah looked like Bert Lahr as The Cowardly Lion from The Wizard of Oz?  (the jowls and that hair, lol)

She did conduct a very focused and sharp interview I thought.  Poor confused Harry -- he will always feel trapped no matter what.  Frankly I can't tell if his marriage to Meghan is a blessing or a curse.  She seems to be a frustrating mix of drama queen and control freak -- a lot like Diana in some, not all, respects. 

• Like 1

Bronx Babe, I thought the same thing about her hair. I’m not a fan of Meghan, and I feel sorry for Harry, but I cannot stand how hypocritical they are. They scream they want their privacy, but they seem to be out there at every turn.  What bothered me was when Harry said he never was able to live a normal life as a kid. That’s bull.  His mom took him and William out to do all kinds of things that kids do.  Necker Island in the Caribbean, skiing at fancy resorts, trips to amusement parks and all of that.  Diana worked hard to give them the adventures their father never had.  

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, Bronx Babe said:

Did anyone else think Oprah looked like Bert Lahr as The Cowardly Lion from The Wizard of Oz?  (the jowls and that hair, lol)

She did conduct a very focused and sharp interview I thought.  Poor confused Harry -- he will always feel trapped no matter what.  Frankly I can't tell if his marriage to Meghan is a blessing or a curse.  She seems to be a frustrating mix of drama queen and control freak -- a lot like Diana in some, not all, respects. 

@Bronx Babe for the win today 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

Bronx Babe, I thought the same thing about her hair. I’m not a fan of Meghan, and I feel sorry for Harry, but I cannot stand how hypocritical they are. They scream they want their privacy, but they seem to be out there at every turn.  What bothered me was when Harry said he never was able to live a normal life as a kid. That’s bull.  His mom took him and William out to do all kinds of things that kids do.  Necker Island in the Caribbean, skiing at fancy resorts, trips to amusement parks and all of that.  Diana worked hard to give them the adventures their father never had.  

I was never a fan of Diana to be honest but must give her credit in trying to inject some much-needed reality into Harry and William's lives and get them out of their gilded cages as it were, if only for short periods, but enough so they didn't turn out spoiled and insufferable.  I do think Harry is relatively down-to-earth. (if not the brightest bulb)

Talking about hair -- Meghan's was....interesting.  She seems to favor those screaming tendrils, which in my opinion (I'll play armchair shrink, lol) are used as some kind of defense mechanism to keep the world at bay -- or something.   And yet she was continually pushing them back.  This is a very conflicted and emotionally unstable woman.  I thought this in the first few minutes, way before she admitted to those desperate suicidal impulses.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Bronx Babe said:

That's it!!!  I couldn't figure out who Oprah had morphed into - Bert Lahr - LOL!  

Thanks for the laugh, @Bronx Babe - I needed it!!!

• Laugh 1

19 hours ago, Bronx Babe said:

They are/were in Diana’s case, bitches and crazy. And so calculating. JMHO. 

• Like 2

Once again it's that time of year when I recall when for those who have to do it, the reminder to change your clocks actually meant you have to put some effort into it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

diet meme.jpg

Sigh.  So true.  Life is Harrrrrrd! 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

20 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Sigh.  So true.  Life is Harrrrrrd! 

Especially when these appear in the Spring.

image.png.3fc6783a1e2283ffce446337e4e462f3.png

• Like 4

I’m not a fan of much Easter candy in general.  Is there anything in dark chocolate?

28 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I’m not a fan of much Easter candy in general.  Is there anything in dark chocolate?

Russell Stover marshmallow bunnies and eggs. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

I got my stash of these at Walgreen's this past weekend.......they're really good!  In particular, the marshmallow, coconut cream and raspberry whip eggs.  Any of those eggs in dark chocolate are good.

https://www.russellstover.com/SearchDisplay?categoryId=&storeId=11005&catalogId=11751&langId=-1&sType=SimpleSearch&resultCatEntryType=2&showResultsPage=true&searchSource=Q&pageView=&beginIndex=0&recipeOnlySearch=false&pageSize=40&searchTerm=dark+Chocolate+Egg#facet:&productBeginIndex:0&facetLimit:&orderBy:&pageView:&minPrice:&maxPrice:&pageSize:&

1 hour ago, Lady J said:

Russell Stover marshmallow bunnies and eggs. 

Jinxies!  I just posted a link to Russell Stover eggs!

Bunnies, you say?  I may have to search for those.....

• Like 5

1 hour ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I got my stash of these at Walgreen's this past weekend.......they're really good!  In particular, the marshmallow, coconut cream and raspberry whip eggs.  Any of those eggs in dark chocolate are good.

https://www.russellstover.com/SearchDisplay?categoryId=&storeId=11005&catalogId=11751&langId=-1&sType=SimpleSearch&resultCatEntryType=2&showResultsPage=true&searchSource=Q&pageView=&beginIndex=0&recipeOnlySearch=false&pageSize=40&searchTerm=dark+Chocolate+Egg#facet:&productBeginIndex:0&facetLimit:&orderBy:&pageView:&minPrice:&maxPrice:&pageSize:&

Jinxies!  I just posted a link to Russell Stover eggs!

Bunnies, you say?  I may have to search for those.....

I actually found a dark chocolate covered rabbit filled with , wait for it ,  chocolate marshmallow !  Bliss !

• Like 4

Outside of an old school chocolate bunny (solid of course, hollow bunnies are the devil's work), Easter candy is pretty much lost on me.  Cadbury eggs and Peeps gross me out.

• Laugh 1

I do love Zitner's peanut butter eggs - so good! Their coconut and butter cream are delicious too. I don't know if they're a national brand or just local to eastern PA.

• Like 4

Something with coconut, I like.  Not a fan of marshmallow candy or most soft-center candies.

22 hours ago, Booney said:

I do love Zitner's peanut butter eggs - so good! Their coconut and butter cream are delicious too. I don't know if they're a national brand or just local to eastern PA.

I bought this from Amazon (Philadelphia Candies also has a website):

Philadelphia Candies Peanut Butter Meltaway Egg, Dark Chocolate:

image.png.c15ed5027991853aac5388bb4f3f9f93.png

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

On 3/16/2021 at 6:13 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Outside of an old school chocolate bunny (solid of course, hollow bunnies are the devil's work), Easter candy is pretty much lost on me.  Cadbury eggs and Peeps gross me out.

Don't mean to offend. 😉 I think it's a texture thing. Fun to look at at least . . . an abundance of toxic colors in the candy aisle at your nearest drugstore. 

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

Don't mean to offend. 😉 I think it's a texture thing. Fun to look at at least.

Peeps are excellent roasted over a fire. The sugar on the outside get hard like a creme brûlée.  Even better if they are a little stale. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 5

Oh wow! I never tried them toasted! Thanks!! 

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, mpeeps said:

Don't mean to offend. 😉 I think it's a texture thing. Fun to look at at least . . . an abundance of toxic colors in the candy aisle at your nearest drugstore. 

Also good, and inexpensive, entertainment when put in the microwave.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

2 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

Peeps are excellent roasted over a fire.  

Do they scream?  I hope not...

• Laugh 3

The WA Post used to have a Peeps diorama contest. They discontinued it a few years back. People were so creative and funny, recreating all kinds of past and current events using all kinds of Peeps. So many Peep related puns ! 

• Like 4
  • Laugh 2

5 hours ago, Bronx Babe said:

Do they scream?  I hope not...

Oh no, they peep. Peep! Peep! Peep!

• Laugh 7