Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Small Talk: Take A Break From Shop(ping) Talk

55 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

They're the annual cicadas, and generally heard but not seen.  Brood X was the guy who shows you a good time for a few weeks and then dumps you, but the annuals are Mr. Dependable, here for you summer after summer.

Where does one find the human equivalent of the Brood X? Asking for a friend.

• Laugh 9

16 hours ago, AuntCarol said:

Speaking of cicadas....we have them now!!!  For the past few days.  I thought they were a bunch of frogs or something but I ask someone who knew and yep, cicadas.  Boy, are they loud.  Haven't seen any yet.  Probably just as well.  Wow, this move has been educational.  I've seen lightning bugs, heard cicadas, seen a cardinal or 2 and seen lots of rain.  What's next?  Oh, I've seen a couple of BIG spiders too.  Not my favorite by a long shot.  

I keep hoping that we missed the whole cicada thing, because I thought it was supposed to be a June event.  Maybe they're still coming, though I really hope not.  Bugs in general are not my thang.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I keep hoping that we missed the whole cicada thing, because I thought it was supposed to be a June event.  Maybe they're still coming, though I really hope not.  Bugs in general are not my thang.

Brood X has done their thing, so you're good to go.

• Like 3

On 7/17/2021 at 11:01 AM, Coffeecup said:

Well, look on the bright side. Strange men won't walk up to us and demand "Why don't you SMILE?"

I have RBF and it's only gotten worse since the pandemic because I can really grimace under my mask in peace. 

• Laugh 9

4 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

This may sound dumb but bugs were the big thing I was worried about on this move!  Not tornados, bugs.  Especially spiders.  Lord have mercy I hate spiders.  I am SO thankful that spiders do not fly!! :)

• Like 8

2 hours ago, AuntCarol said:

This may sound dumb but bugs were the big thing I was worried about on this move!  Not tornados, bugs.  Especially spiders.  Lord have mercy I hate spiders.  I am SO thankful that spiders do not fly!! :)

I thought of you when I saw this on CBS Sunday Morning yesterday....something you and Mr. AuntCarol can maybe do next year?  My husband and I are thinking of going to Tennessee next year to experience this!

• Like 4

Valerie Parr Hill Set of 12 Illuminating Garden Fireflies TSV.

"The Beetles in concert every night... yeah yeah yeah."

Firefly-Series-YaleNews.gif

Edited by TexasTiffany
  • Laugh 6

“Orthorexia nervosa is a condition characterized by exaggerated, obsessive, pathological fixation on healthy food, eating healthy or rather health-conscious eating,” says Rebecca Rialon Berry, Ph.D., Clinical Associate Professor at NYU Langone Health, characterized by an "obsession with clean eating, healthy eating [or] pure eating that is becoming more and more prevalent,” says Claire Mysko, CEO of National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA). While orthorexia isn't an official diagnosis in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), the term is used “broadly in the field to describe that obsession with health, which can be, in many cases, masking disordered eating,” Mysko says.

From a very interesting article in Good Housekeeping.

• Like 1
  • Useful 4

I'm doing my own hair toner for the first time tonight.  😬

• Like 2
  • Surprise 1

18 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Prayers up!  LOL!

Thank you. It turned out okay. I think I should have used a lighter shade. Oh well. It'll fade.

• Like 4

On 7/19/2021 at 4:23 AM, lovemesomejoolery said:

I thought of you when I saw this on CBS Sunday Morning yesterday....something you and Mr. AuntCarol can maybe do next year?  My husband and I are thinking of going to Tennessee next year to experience this!

Amazing!  Maybe we can meet up for coffee while you’re here.

• Like 2

I'm taking a last minute weekend trip to Norfolk to see my baby who's in the Navy. It's been almost 6 months since I've seen him. He's finally got a free weekend and his ship is in port. 🙂 

• Like 15

3 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

I'm taking a last minute weekend trip to Norfolk to see my baby who's in the Navy. It's been almost 6 months since I've seen him. He's finally got a free weekend and his ship is in port. 🙂 

Great!  I know you must be so excited!  Have fun.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

That's so great, @LeeDenny. Have a fantastic time with your son!

• Like 7

8 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

Enjoy every moment of your visit with your son!

• Like 7

13 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

Hi, @LeeDenny!  This is so wonderful.  I am in the same boat...pun intended...mine has been gone since last June and I am going down to Charleston next weekend to see him!  Enjoy every minute with your baby...from one Navy mom to another...xoxo  PS: give him an extra hug from me.

• Like 14

15 hours ago, imisspuddy said:

Hi, @LeeDenny!  This is so wonderful.  I am in the same boat...pun intended...mine has been gone since last June and I am going down to Charleston next weekend to see him!  Enjoy every minute with your baby...from one Navy mom to another...xoxo  PS: give him an extra hug from me.

An entire year since you have seem him?  You must be bursting with excitement!  Have a great weekend. 

• Like 8

Whirlwind weekend over. It was so good to see my son. 🙂

If you ever need a recommendation on a hotel near the base in Norfolk, I can tell you where NOT to stay. 

• Laugh 6
  • Sad 3

57 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

Whirlwind weekend over. It was so good to see my son. 🙂

If you ever need a recommendation on a hotel near the base in Norfolk, I can tell you where NOT to stay. 

Grrrrr........

but at least you got to see him!

On 7/24/2021 at 4:32 PM, letusprocrastinate said:

Beat Army!

This is our mantra!!!!

On 7/24/2021 at 4:12 AM, AuntCarol said:

An entire year since you have seem him?  You must be bursting with excitement!  Have a great weekend. 

Thank you!!!  Stringent Navy Covid regs.....

It's been a helluva long...and I do mean hellavua  :(

Edited by imisspuddy · Reason: dagnabbit merge feature...I do not like you!
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1

5 hours ago, From Where I Sit said:

Has anyone heard anything from @KLovestoShop?

She's been posting comments, most recently on Saturday. Click on her name.

Hope she is on the road to recovery. ❤️

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Shaking My Head said:

Does anyone here have experience with physical therapy facilities?

In what way?  I have had physical therapy several times over the years.  Knee, shoulder, foot, finger.  I have found it very helpful each time.  Usually, after the evaluation, an aid will do the needed exercises with me, and then the actual PT does any manipulation and massage necessary.  Then I get to "chill" and relax with ice.  I never minded going.

6 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

In what way?  I have had physical therapy several times over the years.  Knee, shoulder, foot, finger.  I have found it very helpful each time.  Usually, after the evaluation, an aid will do the needed exercises with me, and then the actual PT does any manipulation and massage necessary.  Then I get to "chill" and relax with ice.  I never minded going.

I meant being treated for an injury while staying there.

2 hours ago, Shaking My Head said:

I meant being treated for an injury while staying there.

Sounds like you're referring to a skilled nursing/rehab facility.  I have  experience with parents who lived in them permanently.  Not sure what you need to know, but if you wish to private message me, you may, or ask here in open chat if you wish.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated

10 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

WINE MEME.jpg

Maybe some facial muscles too if the cork ain't cooperating.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Laugh 4

High heels, anyone? Lady Gaga went out for a stroll in New York wearing 9-inch platform heels.

misc pics celebrities Lady Gaga in 9-inch platform heels 7-26-21.jpg

• Laugh 1
  • Surprise 4
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

High heels, anyone? Lady Gaga went out for a stroll in New York wearing 9-inch platform heels.

misc pics celebrities Lady Gaga in 9-inch platform heels 7-26-21.jpg

She probably didn’t want to be noticed.  

• Laugh 15

10 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Edited by artisto
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Thumper said:

I’m nearsighted and still see Einstein.  Even without my glasses.  How does Marilyn do with the mustache? 😁

I'm nearsighted as well.  Sans glasses, up close it's Einstein as expected but if I start to stretch out my arm I can see the picture morph into Marilyn the further the phone gets away from me.  Of course, there does come a point when the phone is too far away and the picture turns into a blur.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 1