Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Small Talk: Take A Break From Shop(ping) Talk

Happy Birthday. Bronx Babe!  Hope you had a lovely day, perhaps even as lovely as you. 

33C646ED-40C8-4FD9-99F6-56D7A24886E8.jpeg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Happy birthday @Bronx Babe and @Benji.  May your 2020 birthdays brighten an otherwise challenging year, and serve to usher in a happier, more fulfilling one.

Thank you !  🙂

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Benji said:

Can I have that for my birthday tomorrow ? 

@LeeDenny's dessert was fabulous.  I reached right into my computer and ate it!

On 10/22/2020 at 12:11 PM, letusprocrastinate said:

Thanks my friend!

Benji, was it your birthday too yesterday?  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!  

17 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Happy Birthday, Bronx Babe!

misc pics food pizza birthday cake.jpg

@Coffeecup my friend, I can never have too much pizza!!  Thanks!

14 hours ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

oh my glad i stopped by! Happy Birthday BB!!

67956720_10220706218193182_6029003068371107840_n.jpg

Thank you, Polli!  All day!

5 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Happy birthday @Bronx Babe and @Benji.  May your 2020 birthdays brighten an otherwise challenging year, and serve to usher in a happier, more fulfilling one.

Thanks so much, @SuprSuprElevated.  Being toasted by David Niven is a special treat!

6 hours ago, AuntCarol said:

Happy Birthday. Bronx Babe!  Hope you had a lovely day, perhaps even as lovely as you. 

33C646ED-40C8-4FD9-99F6-56D7A24886E8.jpeg

@AuntCarol, thank you so much, my friend.  Is that a Mrs. Miniver/Bronx Babe rose?  It's so beautiful!

2 hours ago, Bronx Babe said:

Benji, was it your birthday too yesterday?  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!  

@Coffeecup my friend, I can never have too much pizza!!  Thanks!

Thank you, Polli!  All day!

It's today. Fri-yay ! 🥳🤭

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Bronx Babe said:

Benji,

image.png.c8064a44d4d32f0f864b43ee71ec0aca.png

That's awesome ! No calories in that one ! 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

15 hours ago, Bronx Babe said:

Thanks so much, @SuprSuprElevated.  Being toasted by David Niven is a special treat!

@AuntCarol, thank you so much, my friend.  Is that a Mrs. Miniver/Bronx Babe rose?  It's so beautiful!

That is actually a green rose I bought from QVC years ago. I’ve even transplanted it 3 times when moving!  It’s starts off in the shade you see, then loses it’s pink hue and ends up being kind of a pistachio color. I really love it. 

• Like 5

@SuprSuprElevated The gaming console debate is a fierce one. At one point we had a Wii, and an Xbox and a Playstation because everyone wanted something different. I stayed out of that fight. Some titles only appear on one platform. And one platform may be more geared towards a certain type of game. Maybe figure out what type of game your spouse would most likely play (arcade, sports, etc.) and go from there.

And they are wireless, but when you get into the online gaming, you need to boost your internet if you have a lot of other devices.

• Useful 4

13 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

@SuprSuprElevated The gaming console debate is a fierce one. At one point we had a Wii, and an Xbox and a Playstation because everyone wanted something different. I stayed out of that fight. Some titles only appear on one platform. And one platform may be more geared towards a certain type of game. Maybe figure out what type of game your spouse would most likely play (arcade, sports, etc.) and go from there.

And they are wireless, but when you get into the online gaming, you need to boost your internet if you have a lot of other devices.

Thanks!  That helps.

• Like 1

@SuprSuprElevated both PS4 and Xbox work similar to a cablebox, hardrive and pc. You do need to make an account. You need good wifi, a nice HD tv screen or monitor.  Most games are downloaded now.  You can also use it for internet access for Netflix, Youtube.  The new Xbox is supposed to be only $300 to lure over PlayStation users and is getting great reviews but PS5 is a much slimmer hardriver with more memory and takes up less space for about $400. The gaming graphics are intense and lifelike. Nothing like the PacMan tsv.

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3

I see there is also a $500 Xbox coming out. I’m guessing that must be the upgrade version for serious gamers. I’m way too uncoordinated to game. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

I see there is also a $500 Xbox coming out. I’m guessing that must be the upgrade version for serious gamers. I’m way too uncoordinated to game. 

it's all the same

you chase something and shoot it 

• Laugh 9

4 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

it's all the same

you chase something and shoot it

The original Nintendo Duck Hunt FTW!

(Really, the mocking dog was a genius move by the developers.)

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

12 hours ago, AuntCarol said:

That is actually a green rose I bought from QVC years ago. I’ve even transplanted it 3 times when moving!  It’s starts off in the shade you see, then loses it’s pink hue and ends up being kind of a pistachio color. I really love it. 

Wow -- it's so lovely!

23 hours ago, TexasTiffany said:

Happy Birthday @Bronx Babe and @Benji

happy-birthday-meme 1.jpg

Thanks, TT!  Those glasses look better on that cat then a certain shopping channel host.

• Like 4

Just FYI. Lots of retailers have started huge sales events online w/coupons, too. They want our business and giving huge savings to get it.

Screw Q with their high prices and paltry savings. Q just isn't competitive.

• Like 10

First snow of the season in the Chicago area! But it's melting as soon as it hits the ground.

Guess I can put the sandals away for a few months.

• Like 5

Discussing Christmas stockings in another forum made me think of this:  did anyone else get these?  My mother would give us Lifesavers Books every year,  well into teenagehood!

67d390aa3636d7dbee1952c5f1a1593c.jpg

• Like 12

2 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Discussing Christmas stockings in another forum made me think of this:  did anyone else get these?  My mother would give us Lifesavers Books every year,  well into teenagehood!

OMG!  Yes!  I always looked forward to it and, when I was younger, thought I had hit paydirt in the candy department when I opened this!  Except for the Wint-O-Green, which I always gave to my dad.

Ahhhh......sweet memories.  No pun intended!

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Don't think we got the books, but often a single roll of Lifesavers to go with the candy cane, piece of fruit, bag of chocolate balls, a random item or two, and in a longstanding family joke a toothbrush, tube of toothpaste, and dental floss.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 3

3 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

We got them.. not every year but we loved them

• Like 2

We got a Life Saver book every year. We’d swap with each other. I hated the butter rum. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

We got a Life Saver book every year. We’d swap with each other. I hated the butter rum. 

And I still hate anything with a butter rum flavor!  Probably because of those Life Savers!

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Laugh 2

9 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Every single year!

• Like 2

I remember hearing about kids who got that book of Lifesavers for Christmas.  I thought they must be very rich to get them! 😁😁.    Understandably now, my mom MIGHT have broken up the book and given each of us one roll.

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 7

On 10/27/2020 at 7:04 AM, JohnnyStar5 said:

I wanted them but never got them. One of my nieces did and I was jealous. I think they came out as I was a bit older so maybe our stocking ceased to be filled after a certain age. I brought them back for my parents in the last few years of their lives. They had never gotten stockings or presents when they were kids. Both very poor. One year I put a little $1 windup car in my Dad’s stocking. He was about 80. Later I saw him sitting and looking over the car like it was the Hope Diamond or something. Just really studying it. I asked what he was doing and he said “I’m just looking at it.  You know I’ve never had a toy car before”. Gee, I’m teary-eyed now remembering it.  We must all be thankful for what we have. 

• Like 15
  • Sad 1