Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Small Talk: Take A Break From Shop(ping) Talk

Oh my gosh, you'll need a couple of hankies for this heartwarming story of Mr. B.

• Like 4

I'm fantasy-browsing the Fortnum and Mason website.

Their Piccadilly Lemon Curd biscuits are calling my name.

I went into the office today and I am going back in tomorrow so I left my laptop there. It felt so strange to walk out without my laptop or files. But nice to be home without my work computer staring at me accusingly.

Edited by LeeDenny
  • Like 9

6 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Not much to add here - except to add that cats are pretty amazing!

Haha!  They are amazing, fascinating, entertaining souls~

• Like 4

9 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Not much to add here - except to add that cats are pretty amazing!

Gee, after all this time, I thought the thing on the left was a magazine holder. Now I clearly see it's a cat holder !  So I can properly store my cats. 😸

• Laugh 8

2 hours ago, Benji said:

Gee, after all this time, I thought the thing on the left was a magazine holder. Now I clearly see it's a cat holder !  So I can properly store my cats. 😸

Just think of yourself as the proprietor of a cat self-storage facility.

• Laugh 3

56 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Just think of yourself as the proprietor of a cat self-storage facility.

Yes, cats are definitely the self storage types. That kitty is definitely pleased with himself, wiggling his toes and wagging his tail. But the one on the right looks a bit upset. I think he wants a better quality box. 😾

• Like 2
  • Laugh 3
  • Sad 1

And dogs can be pretty spectacular, too - this one sharing his collar!  They are everyone's "best friend".

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 7
  • Laugh 4

Mei Xiang of the National Zoo just gave birth to a baby panda (for now known as Butterstick).  The resident male panda is the father, although due to his incompetence there was a panda version of a turkey baster involved.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 6
  • Laugh 1

13 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Is it just me?  I looove this! 😍

Oh my gosh, that is so sweet ! 🥰

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

*Proudly raises hand*

I’m doing it right now.🤣

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

43A35491-22A5-4D15-ABE7-A410D56C0315.jpeg.0a49997b673aa5d4621239377fef6252.jpeg
Taking a walk this morning at Rockefeller Center and even Prometheus is wearing a mask 😢

Edited by lazyfaire
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 9
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, lazyfaire said:

43A35491-22A5-4D15-ABE7-A410D56C0315.jpeg.0a49997b673aa5d4621239377fef6252.jpeg
Taking a walk this morning at Rockefeller Center and even Prometheus is wearing a mask 😢

I think the lions at the NYC library are as well 

• Like 3
  • Surprise 1

A few of the houses in my neighborhood have statuary in the front yards. Most are masked. A bit of fun in 'these trying times".

• Like 3
  • Laugh 2

way off topic

but we just tried the Dunkin bagel bites, and they are really good, if you have a craving for a bagel and cream cheese but don't want to have a big one this does the trick 

• Like 1
  • Useful 4

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

I can't see the baby panda -- am I missing something?

no its tiny look for the video from the day before you will see a wriggley thing 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Do not take that tone with me!

(Volume required)

Momma !  You're squishing me !  🐼

• Laugh 2

12 hours ago, Thumper said:

I can't see the baby panda -- am I missing something?

Look at Momma's nose/mouth at the beginning of the video.  Baby's under there, with a little wiggling tail.

At this stage, it literally is about the size and color of a stick of butter.  Small in size, big in lung capacity.

panda2.PNG

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

On 8/21/2020 at 9:09 PM, letusprocrastinate said:

I just wish it was longer.

That's probably what Mei Xiang at the National Zoo said.

• Laugh 4

Is anyone else actually physically sick (wonky stomach and headaches) over what seems to be unprecedented and unrelenting political divisiveness (on both sides) hammered home to us every second on the cable channels?  Whatever happened to "we're all Americans"?

I've stopped watching those channels and now just get my daily dose of information from the half-hour David Muir ABC news program.  This switch has lessened my anxiety, relatively speaking.    

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Bronx Babe said:

Is anyone else actually physically sick (wonky stomach and headaches) over what seems to be unprecedented and unrelenting political divisiveness (on both sides) hammered home to us every second on the cable channels?  Whatever happened to "we're all Americans"?

I've stopped watching those channels and now just get my daily dose of information from the half-hour David Muir ABC news program.  This switch has lessened my anxiety, relatively speaking.    

not physically

but it's distressing, as a middle of the road kind of person,  all we have is the ballot box 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bronx Babe said:

There is a big problem when you get more national and international news from the scroll on the bottom of the screen than you do from the wash, rinse, repeat that is hour after hour on a cable news network (and by that, I mean all of them).

• Like 1

Just want to drop sincere best wishes to those in the path of the hurricanes.  Hopefully you're only able to see this because you got out of harm's way, and are socked in somewhere safe.

Take care, be well, stay safe~

• Like 7

Mom:  I am going to leave for a bit.  Don't worry, I'll be back very soon.

Kid:  I shall now vocalize my displeasure.

Kid at 1:05:  I shall throw a tantrum.

(Note that the black markings are starting to show up, which is normal at right around one week.)

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

OMG!  It’s so little!  Is it hairless, too?  I never knew this about baby pandas.

10 minutes ago, Thumper said:

OMG!  It’s so little!  Is it hairless, too?  I never knew this about baby pandas.

Its hair is very short and very fine, so it's hard to see on the camera.  Mom cuddles it a lot to help it keep warm.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1