Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Small Talk: Take A Break From Shop(ping) Talk

Just now, Lady J said:
30 minutes ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

I don't think TCM is a premium channel. We get basic plus? ( no HBO or any of that stuff and we get TCM). Going to look for Camelot. So happy to see this before the fact! I believe on Verizon it is 230 all 

While ordering a new DVR box, a Spectrum rep asked if I would like to save some money, well long story short after I downsized I realized I lost TCM. While I enjoyed it, I’m reluctant to go back to my former bill. Knowing Spectrum, in a year I’ll be paying it anyway. 😏

• Like 2

23 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I haven't giggled in a while.  This made me giggle...laugh out loud actually.

fire escape meme.jpg

I LOL’d too.  And then right after the post came up about Camelot.  Then Thumper said I love Camelot and I was going to say I love enormous penis. But I thought that might be crude.  Then I thought......nah!!!  🤥

• Like 3
  • Laugh 5

can you get TCM over roku or other streamer?  we have it on FIOS and the other half watches it mostly

hold please 

TCM live without cable with one of these streaming services: fuboTV, Sling TV, Hulu With Live TV, AT&T TV Now, YouTube TV or AT&T WatchTV.

• Useful 3

20 hours ago, Thumper said:

I love “Camelot!”  Is TCM a channel I have to pay for now?  If so, I don’t have it.

TCM is now bundled with an extraneous sports package.  $11.00 a month/Comcast.   Worth it of course!

• Laugh 1

I've been in that space where he was talking; it's below the Amphitheater connected to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier; I've seen the plaques with the names of those who have served honorably as Tomb Guards (they are part of the 3rd Infantry, U.S. Army) and the blank ones from the guys who disgraced the Tomb Guards and their names were erased.

P.S. He looks great for 100.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 5

Just to add to the video posted above, the guys in the white shirts are in training to be Tomb Guards.  They help prep the guys about to go on duty, including using masking tape to get anything off uniforms.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Does this happen to anyone else? I'll be on my phone or computer and hit something, touch something, whatever and suddenly something really cool happens. And I have no idea what I did or how to recreate it.

I just brushed over something on my laptop and suddenly chrome went from full screen to little tiles, but not windows of recent sites I visited. No clue what I did. It was neat while it lasted. 😥

• Like 1
  • Surprise 1

2 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Regis Philbin has died, age 88.

long life well lived

may his memory be a blessing 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

Does this happen to anyone else? I'll be on my phone or computer and hit something, touch something, whatever and suddenly something really cool happens. And I have no idea what I did or how to recreate it.

I just brushed over something on my laptop and suddenly chrome went from full screen to little tiles, but not windows of recent sites I visited. No clue what I did. It was neat while it lasted. 😥

Happens to me all the time on the computer, but it's always some level of disaster, and I have to spend a while Googling to figure out how to undo what I accidentally did. Sometimes I can't undo it, and have to do a forced shutdown and reboot. Technology... grrrrr.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

Loved Regis!  He had a good life.  Condolences to his family and loved ones. 😢

• Like 5

14 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

I can’t tell you how much I love that man. I’m only sorry I never got to meet him in person. He was the entertainer’s entertainer. A hard worker. Funny. Kind. Loyal. I’ve only missed one entertainer like I’ll miss him. That was Joan Rivers. He and she were both workhorses. Philanthropists. Patriots. I hope they are sitting somewhere together, laughing and having a Cosmo. Love you Reeg. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

watching John Lewis' funeral

casket crossing the bridge

moving 

Well done sir, now Rest In Peace.🌺

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Actor John Saxon passed also. So that's 3. Not that I believe in that.

ebd48fd7c59bbb6f8603b3a553015c55--in-summer-actors.jpg

I’m older than dirt, but I remember seeing a movie when I was about 9 with John and Sandra Dee. I thought he was dreamy . 🥰🥰

• Like 6

1 hour ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

They made 3 movies together. This one is awesome:

YPP5_067.jpg

Sandra Dee made a lusty movie like that??????!!!  😳😄😄

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

They made 3 movies together. This one is awesome:

YPP5_067.jpg

The one I was referring to was “ The Reluctant Debutante, “ it also starred Rex Harrison. I googled it after I posted. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Zac Efron looks a lot like him.

image.png.e25694c4277830718df23094232b6a40.png

• Like 3

On 7/26/2020 at 1:50 PM, JohnnyStar5 said:

One of those actors that was seemingly in every single television show / film for about 25 years, but whose name you never knew.  (at least I didn't).

• Like 5

I confused him with John Gavin (who also worked with Sandra Dee), who passed away just a few years ago.

• Like 1

I always thought that John Saxon was so handsome! And a good actor, to boot. RIP.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2020 at 3:15 PM, Thumper said:

Sandra Dee made a lusty movie like that??????!!!  😳😄😄

She seduced Troy Donahue in A Summer Place.

• Like 2
  • Surprise 1

Here in Boca Raton we are bracing for a possible landfall from former tropical storm Isaias tomorrow afternoon, upgraded to a Cat 1 hurricane.

• Sad 4

14 hours ago, Bronx Babe said:

Here in Boca Raton we are bracing for a possible landfall from former tropical storm Isaias tomorrow afternoon, upgraded to a Cat 1 hurricane.

Stay safe Bronx Babe!

• Like 2

This cat is just, well amazing.  I follow this acct on Insta, and I am simply unable to explain why Carrot allows this child Claire in particular, to "handle" him.  It's so cute here, how she is reciting her body parts; "eyes, head, nose, teeth...", all while the gentle purring from Carrot is audible (with the sound up a bit).  Very calming this. 

• Laugh 2

4 hours ago, AuntCarol said:

Stay safe Bronx Babe!

Thank you so much @AuntCarol, my dear fellow seer!

I'm watching a Barbara Stanwyck line-up on TCM right now.  Stanny will tell Isaias where to go!  I can just hear her:  "Get outta here, ya bum 'cane!"

Stay safe, my Atlantic seaboard neighbors.

• Like 3

One silver lining from the Covid. I find I spend a lot less money at Target. I am in and out for what I need and not wandering aisles looking at the unneeded clearance junk that I ended up buying.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

11 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

One silver lining from the Covid. I find I spend a lot less money at Target. I am in and out for what I need and not wandering aisles looking at the unneeded clearance junk that I ended up buying.

I think about this-- that the impulse or non planned spending has to be WAY down now. I guess it must be a good thing for the Q?  I do notice that ordinary food shopping is more $ lately though. (still a lot cheaper than eating out, but in general if something is not on sale, I notice it is often a few cents more...). Just saying.

This is the silver lining though I agree - for those who are not struggling. (also spending soooooo much less on gasoline!).

Always look at the bright side of life. thanks Monty Python. (if only I really could!!!)

• Like 3
  • Laugh 3

On 8/2/2020 at 6:10 PM, LeeDenny said:

I haven’t been to Target once since Christmas!  But now I spend all my Target money at Amazon 😃.

• Laugh 2

Target has online shopping. I've ordered from them a couple of times, and they shipped pretty fast. They have lots of things online that aren't in the store. You can get the $5 coupon for the weekly specials in digital form, and use it online with your next order, or print it out and use it in a store.

The Target closest to me, only a quarter mile away, was vandalized so badly in June (arson) they had to close it for few months for repairs. There is another Target about three miles away, but I don't like it as well as "my" Target.

Bed Bath & Beyond has lots of online beauty and household goodies too, and prompt shipping.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Bed Bath & Beyond has lots of online beauty and household goodies too, and prompt shipping.

And if you join their membership thing (whatever it's called), you get 20% off each order (I think there are some brand exclusions) plus free shipping on each order.  I believe their membership is $30 or so annually.  I did it once, but don't really spend much on household goods these days, so I let it lapse.  If I were going to redecorate or refurbish, it would be worth it.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

This has gone viral on social media. See if you can find the cat in the bookcase below. It’s apparently driving people crazy because they can’t find it. Many years of owning cats and knowing their quirky behaviors helped my find the cat pretty quickly. 

E9C0DD5B-501E-4E30-9AB1-C09D577ECAE5.thumb.jpeg.dce94c54552aeb3008b3b676301efb35.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Laugh 1

6 minutes ago, Booney said:

This has gone viral on social media. See if you can find the cat in the bookcase below. It’s apparently driving people crazy because they can’t find it. Many years of owning cats and knowing their quirky behaviors helped my find the cat pretty quickly. 

E9C0DD5B-501E-4E30-9AB1-C09D577ECAE5.thumb.jpeg.dce94c54552aeb3008b3b676301efb35.jpeg

Is that a paw I see ? 😻

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

16 minutes ago, Lady J said:

Is that a paw I see ? 😻

A1A231B3-43DE-4956-AE5F-184F2B02660C.png.741a3f823eaf95fe471ddd1ccb2d26bf.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Booney said:

Same!  I looked in two places and quickly found the cat in the second place I looked!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lady J said:

Is that a paw I see ? 😻

Only place a cat would be. 😺

• Like 1