Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Small Talk: Take A Break From Shop(ping) Talk

@CarpeDiem54 and @Denver Hoosier and @SuprSuprElevated, thank you so much for the well wishes for my kitty cat.  I'm still waiting for a phone call from the vet's office and I'm ready to jump out of my skin.  He is the best boy and I feel so badly for him to have to go through anything bad.  Your thoughts are much appreciated.

Edited by Ladyrain
  • Like 14

5 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

@CarpeDiem54 and @Denver Hoosier, thank you so much for the well wishes for my kitty cat.  I'm still waiting for a phone call from the vet's office and I'm ready to jump out of my skin.  He is the best boy and I feel so badly for him to have to go through anything bad.  Your thoughts are much appreciated.

I’ll add my well-wishes, @Ladyrain. I hope your vet calls soon and that your kitty is doing well. Let us know how he’s doing.

For kitty:

86CE19BE-8546-4054-882E-C994CCF084E6.gif.d34644d08c157065dc3cf2795f77467d.gif

Edited by Booney
  • Like 12

14 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

@CarpeDiem54 and @Denver Hoosier and @SuprSuprElevated, thank you so much for the well wishes for my kitty cat.  I'm still waiting for a phone call from the vet's office and I'm ready to jump out of my skin.  He is the best boy and I feel so badly for him to have to go through anything bad.  Your thoughts are much appreciated.

Paws crossed & purrs for your little furboy! 

• Like 10

50 minutes ago, leFay said:

Paws crossed & purrs for your little furboy! 

Thanks so much, @leFay.   I spoke with the vet a little while ago.  He's in recovery, wrapped in warm blankets.  Hopefully we can bring him home tonight.  He'll have a bumpy week or so but he's a toughie.  I love him so much.

1 hour ago, Booney said:

I’ll add my well-wishes, @Ladyrain. I hope your vet calls soon and that your kitty is doing well. Let us know how he’s doing.

For kitty:

86CE19BE-8546-4054-882E-C994CCF084E6.gif.d34644d08c157065dc3cf2795f77467d.gif

Thank you, Booney.  Thanks from by boy Coal, too.  I love the picture. ?

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Ladyrain said:

I'm glad your little one will be okay. I hope he feels better soon.

b852489baee52ab771c0d251419fea91--best-f

Edited by TexasTiffany
  • Like 10

pssssst, @CarpeDiem54, I just returned frim an errand in Southeast Denver  (Hampden Heights, near the DTC), and it is starting to snow. Not really sticking yet, but definitely flakes, not icy rain.

There may be hope for your mood yet.  lol

• Like 14

Thanks so much, @leFay.   I spoke with the vet a little while ago.  He's in recovery, wrapped in warm blankets.  Hopefully we can bring him home tonight.  He'll have a bumpy week or so but he's a toughie.  I love him so much.

@Ladyrain: Sending positive thoughts to you and your fur baby.  Pets are the best!

• Like 14

29 minutes ago, Denver Hoosier said:

pssssst, @CarpeDiem54, I just returned frim an errand in Southeast Denver  (Hampden Heights, near the DTC), and it is starting to snow. Not really sticking yet, but definitely flakes, not icy rain.

There may be hope for your mood yet.  lol

Not one damned flake!  I took a long nap.  That seems to have helped some.

Now that obnoxious Kathy Sabine is in "the backyard".  It's 28 degrees out and she's wearing a skimpy coat and no gloves with some serious bling on one wrist.  I hope her extensions freeze off.  She's the KerStink of local news.

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, Denver Hoosier said:

She is mighty darned pleased with herself, isn't she?

Yep.  I've never been able to stand her.  Too short skirts, too short sleeves, too long hair.  Now she's using too much Botox.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Wishing you and Coal  a peaceful, sweet evening.  Hope he feels better soon!

On 11/4/2017 at 10:22 PM, Denver Hoosier said:

Little Man (my grandson) said "I love you, Grandma" today for the first time.  If he didn't already hold my heart in his little hands, that would have done it.

Another wild day in college football.  This year has been full of surprises.  You don't dare miss a moment.

I saw a bunch of Cuddlduds items at Kohl's today, at good prices.  They are featuring that brand for Christmas in case anyone is interested.

Oh!  I am late to this forum....but I wanted you to know that this story about Little Man warmed my heart.  Thank you for sharing it! 

• Like 10

55 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Wishing you and Coal  a peaceful, sweet evening.  Hope he feels better soon!

Thank you so much!  He is home now ? Loopy and on pain narcotic, antibiotic and probiotic but after 24 - 48 hours he should be his old self. 

Thank you - and all of you! - for caring. 

1 hour ago, MyGiddyAunt said:

@Ladyrain: Sending positive thoughts to you and your fur baby.  Pets are the best!

Aren't they, though?  I fall absolutely in love with my pets and when things go wrong, I am an emotional wreck.  Thanks so much for your kind words.

• Like 16

2 hours ago, TexasTiffany said:

I'm glad your little one will be okay. I hope he feels better soon.

b852489baee52ab771c0d251419fea91--best-f

Such an adorable picture!  Thank you for that, and for the hopeful words.

3 hours ago, Snark Byte said:

@Ladyrain, best wishes for a speedy recovery for your kitteh!

GetWell2.jpg

Oh my god, that's exactly what he looks like!  Except now he has a shaved patch on his arm where the IV was and he's bumping into things.  Lol    Thank you ever so much for this, and for the well wishes.

• Like 11

5 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

what happened to your kitty cat??  I must have missed that but I'm sorry if he's not well.  ((Hugs)) to him and you!!

ETA - oops, read more and see he's home now?  Happy to hear that and hope he will be feeling better soon.  You must be soo relieved.  

Edited by Fishy
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, Fishy said:

what happened to your kitty cat??  I must have missed that but I'm sorry if he's not well.  ((Hugs)) to him and you!!

Pretty big dental surgery (multiple issues) and of course I considered it a miracle that he survived it all!  Now all he has to do is shrug off the sedatives and allow us - for the next five lonnnng days - to administer the very vile tasting antibiotic twice a day.  He is such a good boy that it broke my heart to put him through this, but there was no choice.  He's black, shiny silky fur, and enormous green eyes.  He takes terrible pictures (looks like a black blob) but in person he's beautiful.  Not that I'm prejudiced ?.   Thank you so much for asking about him.

Edited by Ladyrain
  • Like 17

30 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Pretty big dental surgery (multiple issues) and of course I considered it a miracle that he survived it all!  Now all he has to do is shrug off the sedatives and allow us - for the next five lonnnng days - to administer the very vile tasting antibiotic twice a day.  He is such a good boy that it broke my heart to put him through this, but there was no choice.  He's black, shiny silky fur, and enormous green eyes.  He takes terrible pictures (looks like a black blob) bu in person he's beautiful.  Not that I'm prejucided ?.   Thank you so much for asking about him.

I lovelovelove any and all kittykats and do not like to think of ANY of them suffering in any way for any reason. 

Sooo glad your kittylove is going to be okay.  Scratch his neck for me.  ?

• Like 12

Thanks for the info on the Hickies @Booney.  I'm going to try them.  Re: @SSE comment about the reviews on Amazon (I haven't read any yet), I have a narrower foot and was always afraid the shoes would feel too loose.  Amazon is good with returns if they don't work out, so what the heck.

• Like 7

Pretty big dental surgery (multiple issues) and of course I considered it a miracle that he survived it all!  Now all he has to do is shrug off the sedatives and allow us - for the next five lonnnng days - to administer the very vile tasting antibiotic twice a day.  He is such a good boy that it broke my heart to put him through this, but there was no choice.  He's black, shiny silky fur, and enormous green eyes.  He takes terrible pictures (looks like a black blob) bu in person he's beautiful.  Not that I'm prejucided ?.   Thank you so much for asking about him.

Not my kitty, but she looks just like this.  Black kitties are awesome!  

cat black beautiful.jpg

• Like 12

9 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Not my kitty, but she looks just like this.  Black kitties are awesome!  

cat black beautiful.jpg

That's my boy!!!

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Fishy said:

I lovelovelove any and all kittykats and do not like to think of ANY of them suffering in any way for any reason. 

Sooo glad your kittylove is going to be okay.  Scratch his neck for me.  ?

Will do.  And apparently the sides of his face are exceptionally "itchy" as the lidocaine wears off.  By the way, there was a 'people' dentist present, as an assistant.  Here in MA they can't  perform procedures on animals but they can assist.  Thanks for the kitty love.  I too love them all.

• Like 12

9 hours ago, Fishy said:

Thanks for the info on the Hickies @Booney.  I'm going to try them.  Re: @SSE comment about the reviews on Amazon (I haven't read any yet), I have a narrower foot and was always afraid the shoes would feel too loose.  Amazon is good with returns if they don't work out, so what the heck.

@Fishy and @SuprSuprElevated - on thing I forgot to mention about Hickies is that in their instructions, they show a couple of different ways to thread them in your shoes, depending on how tight or loose you need them to be. So there is flexibility to accommodate narrower or wider feet.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Booney said:

@Fishy and @SuprSuprElevated - on thing I forgot to mention about Hickies is that in their instructions, they show a couple of different ways to thread them in your shoes, depending on how tight or loose you need them to be. So there is flexibility to accommodate narrower or wider feet.

Good to know!  One more thing if I may impose - do they hold up well?  They're a bit pricey, so I'm hoping they last a bit.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Good to know!  One more thing if I may impose - do they hold up well?  They're a bit pricey, so I'm hoping they last a bit.

They do. We've been using them for months in our athletic shoes. Mr. Booney has had one tie that broke, but he puts a lot of wear and tear on his sneakers. And, if one breaks, it really doesn't affect how you wear the shoes, since there are 6 or 7 of the ties in the shoe.

• Like 6

Can someone tell me why some posts are highlighted in red/pink? I looked in FAQs and such but couldn't find it. I admit I didn't scour the site for my answer (because I'm at work), but I am curious to why this is. Thanks!

• Like 3

Just now, RiderOnTheStorm said:

Can someone tell me why some posts are highlighted in red/pink? I looked in FAQs and such but couldn't find it. I admit I didn't scour the site for my answer (because I'm at work), but I am curious to why this is. Thanks!

Once a post gets 25 likes (hearts clicked at a the bottom of a post) it will turn that color.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Once a post gets 25 likes (hearts clicked at a the bottom of a post) it will turn that color.

Thanks, Jaded. I noticed some had 25 or 26 likes and were red, but saw some hit 20 or 21 but were not, so I didn't think that was it. I appreciate the answer!

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Pretty big dental surgery (multiple issues) and of course I considered it a miracle that he survived it all!  Now all he has to do is shrug off the sedatives and allow us - for the next five lonnnng days - to administer the very vile tasting antibiotic twice a day.  He is such a good boy that it broke my heart to put him through this, but there was no choice.  He's black, shiny silky fur, and enormous green eyes.  He takes terrible pictures (looks like a black blob) but in person he's beautiful.  Not that I'm prejudiced ?.   Thank you so much for asking about him.

Gosh! No wonder why you were worried yesterday! Glad Coal is okay!

When I was married, we had a black kitty who had serious dental surgery... I think he came home with his top two fangs- severe problems... we lived in Westfield at the time and brought him to some vet hospital in Southwick (you're in MA, right?) and they were good with him.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, leFay said:

Gosh! No wonder why you were worried yesterday! Glad Coal is okay!

When I was married, we had a black kitty who had serious dental surgery... I think he came home with his top two fangs- severe problems... we lived in Westfield at the time and brought him to some vet hospital in Southwick (you're in MA, right?) and they were good with him.

Yup, I am.  Yankee Candle flagship store a few miles to my south, Kringle Candle in Bernardston about 6 miles north.  We're probably neighbors and don't even know it!  Lol

2 hours ago, RiderOnTheStorm said:

Scroll up to the very top of this page and click on "The Answers to Everything".  I just noticed it myself and learned a lot.  It's very useful.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Yup, I am.  Yankee Candle flagship store a few miles to my south, Kringle Candle in Bernardston about 6 miles north.  We're probably neighbors and don't even know it!  Lol

I am sitting at my desk at work and Kringle Candle is 7.3 miles to my north...  this is freaky... (peers out window suspiciously)... we probably have the same vet!!!!!!!

• Like 9

1 hour ago, leFay said:

I am sitting at my desk at work and Kringle Candle is 7.3 miles to my north...  this is freaky... (peers out window suspiciously)... we probably have the same vet!!!!!!!

If it's a 'she' and she's on Bernardston Rd........?

• Like 4

Just now, Ladyrain said:

If it's a 'she' and she's on Bernardston Rd........?

Almost-  she's a "she" on the Mohawk Trail in Shelburne... ?

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Booney said:

As a foot/shoe challenged person, "creative lacing" has changed my life. What's this, the laces don't have to go through each hole in a neat pattern? My shoes won't fall off? My mom doesn't need to know? Eureka!

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, BecomingLimited said:

Geo-locating by candle shops...love it!

It really is a small world after all :)

Funny thing is, it's been years and years since I even set foot in Yankee Candle.  Drive by it all the time, just never stop.  Crazy, because I actually like it.  Maybe I'll do some Christmas shopping there this year.  As for Kringle, I've never been in it, other than its restaurant.  I probably should as I hear it's nice.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

It really is a small world after all :)

Funny thing is, it's been years and years since I even set foot in Yankee Candle.  Drive by it all the time, just never stop.  Crazy, because I actually like it.  Maybe I'll do some Christmas shopping there this year.  As for Kringle, I've never been in it, other than its restaurant.  I probably should as I hear it's nice.

I moved up here from Springfield over a year ago and I still haven't set foot in Kringle, either!  I used to live at Yankee Candle back in the mid to late 90s when it was "new" and popular... Loved that mechanical Oompah Band! I still haven't stopped in at Shelburne Falls Coffee Roasters, but I buy their coffee at the market all the time...

• Like 4

Hello all. Will try to be brief.. also will copy and past to the other small talk forum.. all these new sub forums have me confused to be honest.  Thank you to all of you who have checked in with me. Two days ago we were finally notified that the blood test done for the horrid B-raf defective cancer gene came in. I can only imagine the cost... it was a new blood test done because the previous 4 biopsies from the tumor taken back in July, kept coming back inconclusive. Because Joe's spots on his liver, since the July operation have not shrunken, and even grown  somewhat, I suspected he did infact have this defective gene... and he does. This means treating his cancer has an extremely poor outcome. I am not looking to have a husband for too long, even the thought of going through with our March paid for and planned vacation now seems doubtful. He is terribly sick with the current chemo, he has had 2 treatments and scheduled to do another one on Monday. Another CATScan in a couple of weeks.  Not hopeful in the least based on reading about this, and reading between the lines with his doctor. He had a script to go to Dana Farber again, in Boston for new clinical trials, but when we were there 2 weeks ago, the doctor said they had nothing at the time.  To say I am utterly destroyed would be the understatement of the century. Thank you again for all the messages, it really kept me going.

• Like 15

16 minutes ago, Cricket said:

Hello all. Will try to be brief.. also will copy and past to the other small talk forum.. all these new sub forums have me confused to be honest.  Thank you to all of you who have checked in with me. Two days ago we were finally notified that the blood test done for the horrid B-raf defective cancer gene came in. I can only imagine the cost... it was a new blood test done because the previous 4 biopsies from the tumor taken back in July, kept coming back inconclusive. Because Joe's spots on his liver, since the July operation have not shrunken, and even grown  somewhat, I suspected he did infact have this defective gene... and he does. This means treating his cancer has an extremely poor outcome. I am not looking to have a husband for too long, even the thought of going through with our March paid for and planned vacation now seems doubtful. He is terribly sick with the current chemo, he has had 2 treatments and scheduled to do another one on Monday. Another CATScan in a couple of weeks.  Not hopeful in the least based on reading about this, and reading between the lines with his doctor. He had a script to go to Dana Farber again, in Boston for new clinical trials, but when we were there 2 weeks ago, the doctor said they had nothing at the time.  To say I am utterly destroyed would be the understatement of the century. Thank you again for all the messages, it really kept me going.

Oh Cricket, so very very sorry for these results.   ((Hugs))  Thinking of you and praying too.  

• Like 9

I'm sorry your suspicions proved true, Cricket.  And I'm very sorry Joe is feeling so awful from his treatment.  Thanks for the update.  Still thinking of you ... Hugs.

• Like 12

2 hours ago, Cricket said:

@Cricket, I'm so very sorry.?

• Like 9