Type keyword(s) to search

Project Blue Book - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Over two seasons of alien abductions, crash site investigations, and military cover ups I think the most unbelievable thing in this series is the fact that Dr. Hynek regularly sports a very sloppy, unshaven face for an academic in the 1950's. Even the hillbilly yokels they often meet look better off than him.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, AAEBoiler said:

Over two seasons of alien abductions, crash site investigations, and military cover ups I think the most unbelievable thing in this series is the fact that Dr. Hynek regularly sports a very sloppy, unshaven face for an academic in the 1950's. Even the hillbilly yokels they often meet look better off than him.

I agree AAEBOILER--unshaven faces seem to be a millennial-generation thing, to the present.  To me there is nothing nicer than a man with a clean shaven face--remember Raymond Burr in “Perry Mason”?  He didn’t even have a five-o’clock shadow😊

On 4/6/2020 at 8:24 AM, AAEBoiler said:

Dr. Hynek regularly sports a very sloppy, unshaven face for an academic in the 1950's

It's because he's a maverick who breaks the rules 😉 Pix of the real Dr. Hynek show that he had a goatee but it was much more well grown in than Aidan Gillen's effort.

Wrapped up season 2 and enjoyed the last few episodes.  They are trying with the CGI, heh.

I really liked the Skinwalker episode - that kind of thing is right up my alley, even if this ep reminded me at first of Blair Witch.  I liked the ending with the woman scientist acting as a real estate agent to sucker in some other poor family.

If you're a scientist who's good with tools you can disconnect an atom bomb and if you're an air force pilot you can also pilot a mini-sub!  I enjoyed seeing the giant green button to let the sub go, that made me laugh.

Overall,  I like the show best when it's Hynek and the Captain (I keep forgetting his name...Michael?)  and that they were finally learning to trust each other.  Mimi's expanded role was better than hanging out with the Russian spy (who hopefully is gone for good, though I smell redemption) and I liked that Faye ended up being on the side of our team rather than how it seemed like she was going to be portrayed, a stick to the rules type.  Oh and the Hynek'd kid is mentioned but never seen!

They sure can travel easily!  Hynek showing up in Chile and finding the MiB happened *poof* after he figured out the Bermuda Triangle.   I'm sure next season - if we get one - they will find the Captain who won't remember anything about what happened. 

These last episodes were better than the first eps of the season; more fun.  I do like how they tie them in with the real PBB.   The show doesn't take itself too seriously and I hope we get a S3.

• Love 2
On 4/6/2020 at 7:45 PM, alvajon said:

I agree AAEBOILER--unshaven faces seem to be a millennial-generation thing, to the present.  To me there is nothing nicer than a man with a clean shaven face--remember Raymond Burr in “Perry Mason”?  He didn’t even have a five-o’clock shadow😊

Raymond Burr's Perry Mason may not have ever had a five-o'clock shadow , but possibly a five-o' clock eye shadow?

• LOL 3

Just read where Project BB has been cancelled by the History Channel.  Boo for them.  Finally we had a decent show with grit.  Guess it must be low ratings--greed if you ask me.

<Sigh>   It wasn't my favorite show on TV but it was a favorite of some in my house and we'd at least all watch it together which you can't say about a lot of shows so I am going to miss it.   That and I wish they hadn't left on a cliff hanger - maybe the show runners will do an interview saying where the next season would have gone if they had been renewed so at least we can wrap up the open "How does he rescue the Captain?" mystery.

• Like 1

Just another reason why I’m reluctant to start watching any new t.v.series.  After the last episodes of Vikings later this year think I’ll stick to old classic movies...

On 5/8/2020 at 2:12 AM, alvajon said:

Just read where Project BB has been cancelled by the History Channel.  Boo for them.  Finally we had a decent show with grit.  Guess it must be low ratings--greed if you ask me.

I will get around to watching the two seasons that we were graced with, glad it got 2 seasons instead of just part of one.

But I agree with another post(er) below this one.  I extremely rarely start watching a current show unless its already been on a few seasons, or will wait until the 1 or 2 seasons a show I might be interested in are done and its been cancelled to binge it later.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

But I agree with another post(er) below this one.  I extremely rarely start watching a current show unless its already been on a few seasons, or will wait until the 1 or 2 seasons a show I might be interested in are done and its been cancelled to binge it later.

Unfortunately you will never get to talk smack about the TV shows because by then, everybody will have moved on. Trash talking the TV shows in a group can be way more entertaining than the show will ever be. You just reminded me that I have to remove this show from my list of shows that I follow.

• LOL 1
18 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Unfortunately you will never get to talk smack about the TV shows because by then, everybody will have moved on. Trash talking the TV shows in a group can be way more entertaining than the show will ever be. You just reminded me that I have to remove this show from my list of shows that I follow.

True, and talking smack is fun.

But as a counter point, I sometimes use the old - or archived - threads to find out if I want to watch a series or not.  Sometimes I am uncertain if a series will be worth my time, and after perusing a thread it helps determine a "watch or not" choice for me