Type keyword(s) to search

Project Blue Book - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 3/22/2019 at 8:39 PM, raven said:

The wife's plotline with the Russian spies bored me so much. 

I like it because it is Ksenia Solo from Lost Girl and because this show is so far off the deep end, it is like every conspiracy theory ever presented might make it's way into the show. McCarthyism was in full swing around this time, what if everything he thought was happening was actually happening. It was also the start of the US/Russian Nuclear Arms Race and the paranoia that followed, i.e. "The Good Old Days", duck and cover.

Almost time for Season 2, y'all!  

S02.E01: The Roswell Incident -- Part 1

Hynek and Quinn follow Gen. Harding to Roswell, N.M., where an anonymous individual has threatened to expose evidence to the world of an extraterrestrial crash landing six years ago.

Airdate 01.21.2020

• Love 1

What is with the photography in this show?  I get that they're trying for some weird vintage look but c'mon, it's hard on the eyes and gets old after a while.   

Other than that, I enjoyed the episode and I'm glad that the show is back.  

• Love 1

S02.E02: The Roswell Incident - Part II

In the conclusion of an epic two-episode event, Hynek and Quinn close in on a culprit and finally learn the truth about what happened in Roswell.

Airdate 01.28.2020

Two-episode EVENT even!

I binged the first season on demand, so last night was the first time I’ve watched through the end credits.  Did they all have a summary of the actual case at the end?

I like that Hynek realized it was a hoax video.

13 hours ago, TexasGal said:

I binged the first season on demand, so last night was the first time I’ve watched through the end credits.  Did they all have a summary of the actual case at the end?

Not usually, but if you go to the TV show on the History website, sometimes there is additional information about the real-life events that were used to make the episode.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, TexasGal said:

WAS it really a hoax video or did Hynek say that to keep him and the Captain out of a world of trouble (and probably jail)?   I saw the 1995 Hoax video, and I remember at the time it was sometime about the clock and the lighting which led people to yell "Hoax!", so that's what they used in the show.   But in this show,  it was also obvious (to me at least), that SOMETHING crashed in Roswell; there were beings in the craft, and townsfolk saw them.   As did the General who now seems to be thinking about what he saw.  His boss is honing in on the party line that the beings in the craft were Dr Mengele's horrible experiments and I guess everybody is supposed to think the saucer was a Nazi craft.  

The Military cover ups of real UFO things are interesting in light of today, where there seems to be some higher ups in the US Military who want some kind of openness about this now.    And there have been Officer rank people who have been talking about incidents from years ago that they were involved in.  

• Love 1
11 hours ago, 12catcrazy said:

WAS it really a hoax video or did Hynek say that to keep him and the Captain out of a world of trouble (and probably jail)?

I am pretty sure the video was a fake, made at the TV station that was a recreation of a real alien autopsy that was performed at the Roswell military base.

• Love 2

S02.E03: Area 51

When a soldier is seemingly abducted by a flying saucer at a military base in the remote Nevada desert, Hynek and Quinn take up the case, but they soon learn that there are many reasons for the dangerous Area 51 to want to keep its secrets.

Airdate 02.04.2020

Well, all I can say is Holy Shit after watching the Area 51 episode!  This show is going seriously weird and off the rails.   I just wish they would stop with the fake faded film  - it makes it hard to watch and doesn't add anything to the show.  It's just a lazy way to add somebody's idea of "atmosphere" without actually shooting in black and white and having knowledge on how to make that work (probably a lost art).  

I totally dislike the Russian Spy woman and it looks like she will be back with a story line in where she will have to kidnap the Captain.  I think she really cares for him so that will probably have a body count.   

Is anybody else even watching this show???  Where are you?  This last episode deserves some comments! 

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, 12catcrazy said:

Is anybody else even watching this show???  Where are you?  This last episode deserves some comments! 

I watched S1, and was really looking forward to S2, but I dropped cable in favor of YouTube TV (at a significant savings) and they don't carry History Channel. I want to watch, and I guess I'll have to try to find a way to see it, but I haven't figured that out yet.

16 hours ago, 12catcrazy said:

Well, all I can say is Holy Shit after watching the Area 51 episode!  This show is going seriously weird and off the rails.   I just wish they would stop with the fake faded film  - it makes it hard to watch and doesn't add anything to the show.  It's just a lazy way to add somebody's idea of "atmosphere" without actually shooting in black and white and having knowledge on how to make that work (probably a lost art).  

I totally dislike the Russian Spy woman and it looks like she will be back with a story line in where she will have to kidnap the Captain.  I think she really cares for him so that will probably have a body count.   

I loathe the Russian female spy and her attempts to seduce Mrs. Hynek.

I also have not been thrilled with the heretofore determined efforts of the show to debunk every sighting, every artifact, every video, etc. But the weeping confession of Gen. Harding gives me hope!

I'm watching mostly, though, for Aidan Gillen, aka Littlefinger. 🥰 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LennieBriscoe said:
13 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Anybody else notice that the guy in the tree's hand was still moving.

Wind?

It seemed like he was twitching a finger(s). Very creepy, it happened every time they showed him, but it seemed like they kept showing the exact same footage every time they cut to him.

I've forgotten - is there some shady back story with the conspiracy guy Mrs. Dr. Hynek is hanging out with?  Or is he really just an enthusiast?

S02.E04: Hopkinsville

When alleged alien beings invade a home in rural Kentucky, Hynek and Quinn are brought in on the CIA's top-secret program, MK Ultra, which believes the attack may be the start of a much larger invasion.

Airdate 02.11.2020

10 hours ago, TexasGal said:

I've forgotten - is there some shady back story with the conspiracy guy Mrs. Dr. Hynek is hanging out with?  Or is he really just an enthusiast?

If I had to make a guess I would say conspiracy guy is a nutcase conspiracy guy and his secretary is a government planted stooge.

Okay, the "Precognition and Circus Monkeys" episode.

Totally internally illogical.

First of all, the young woman "seer" actually drew pictures of creatures as described by the "hillbilly." They were not of costumed monkeys. 

Secondly, would a man otherwise depicted as decent really terrify his own children and wife by enlisting help to shoot through his window at....nothing? On Sighting Day 2? Just to drum up ticket sales to his circus? Where and when did he get the monkey outfits, timeline-wise? Why would he not welcome reporters with open arms? Wouldn't he want publicity for his circus?

Did they search the guy's house and property for that special green glaze? 

Finally, Natasha Badenov's being hit with a shovel, buried alive, and appearing later, none the worse for wear?! Please! Can you say "concussed and then suffocated"? 

But more to the series' major flaw, IMO: Are we---never mind Hynek and what we think of his changing beliefs---to believe that every single UFO incident reported in the United States, no matter the nature of each or the number of witnesses, can be honestly and credibly explained as either a secret government project (unto murder) or a civilian hoax? 

Then what, pray, of all the reports not only from around the world but also throughout time? 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Finally, Natasha Badenov's being hit with a shovel, buried alive, and appearing later, none the worse for wear?! Please! Can you say "concussed and then suffocated"? 

Uma Thurman in Kill Bill 2 has nothing on Natasha.  I was really surprised when they grabbed her and took her to the hole, I didn't think this show would do something so horrific and shoot her in the back of the head and bury her, Goodfellas style. 

I like the show, I know it's silly but it's interesting that they do bring up actual cases. 

The paint company guy said they had a regular customer that bought that glaze all the time.  How much glaze did Hillbilly Joe need to pull off that prank?  He had to be talking about the gov't. 

How did Joe train the monkeys to run around the woods acting like aliens? Those were little Capuchin monkeys in those cages, they aren't even big enough to be scary.  I'd love to see him get them in their alien costumes, it takes me 10 minutes to get my dog's sweater on him. 

The CIA guy is like Mr X in X Files. I do hope he gets to punch the Colonel. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

This show is in an alternate reality altogether.   As if the UFO cases aren't enough, we have the Russian Honey Pot who gets smacked around, clunked on the head with a shovel and buried alive - YET SHE MANAGES TO ESCAPE!   And she didn't kill her boss when she had the chance.   That's more unbelievable than the UFO stories.  

And I'm getting more and more confused on where this show is going.   Our heroes debunk each case every week, yet the Generals know that their is more to all of this and are using Hynek and the Captain as stooges.   And Hynek and the Captain have themselves seen really weird shit, but keep playing the game.   And the Black CIA guy (REALLY?  In 1952 or whatever - call me very cynical but I find that hard to believe) - he just turns up where ever.    Guess we'll see where all this goes.   

• Love 1

Wow, crickets from last week's episode!!  

S02.E06: Close Encounters

While reminiscing on the set of "Close Encounters of the Third Kind," Hynek recounts his experiences with the infamous Robertson Panel and the eccentric alien contactee for whom he put everything on the line.

Airdate 02.25.2020

I really liked this episode.  Was hoping, though, that the Russian guy was going to take out the Russian girl, but no such luck.  Does anyone besides me watch this show? This is the least active forum I follow...

• Love 2

Alvajon - yeah some of us watch this show.  And like yourself, I was hoping that the Blonde Honey Pot spy was going to finally buy the farm but no such luck.  She is now our handsome Captain's girlfriend and I think she is here to stay.    Obviously, the Hynek marriage survives on the show, so no suspense there.  

Where was the contactee guy located?  To me his entire thing screamed California, but I don't know if they told us where he was from.  

Ok on a shallow note: whoever casts this show apparently likes extremely thin women.   When the blond turns sideways she practically disappears and Mrs Hynek is very thin as well.   Supposedly cameras add 10 pounds to most people which makes me wonder what these actresses look like in real life.  The blond looks as if she has a 19 inch waist; and hips... what hips?    I know I'm a woman but I don't find the actress sexy at all but others might disagree.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, 12catcrazy said:

Ok on a shallow note: whoever casts this show apparently likes extremely thin women.   When the blond turns sideways she practically disappears and Mrs Hynek is very thin as well.   Supposedly cameras add 10 pounds to most people which makes me wonder what these actresses look like in real life.  The blond looks as if she has a 19 inch waist; and hips... what hips?    I know I'm a woman but I don't find the actress sexy at all but others might disagree.  

Yes she is sexy. She gained quite a bit of weight. If you think she is skinny now, you should have seen her when she was on "Lost Girl". 

(edited)

I got a little skeptical when they had a commercial for the new TV show "The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch" during and episode about Skinwalker Ranch.

The Mysterious Skinwalker Ranch is Getting Its Own TV Show

Here's hoping the Skinwalker targets the Air Force Experimenters since they are the real owners of the land and the ones destroying the land.

How Skinwalker Ranch Became a Hotbed of Paranormal Activity

Edited by AnimeMania

S02.E08: What Lies Beneath

When sensitive material is stolen from Generals Harding and Valentine, Hynek and Quinn will realize that not only does their culprit lie far closer to home than they could imagine, but so does undeniable evidence of a UFO conspiracy.

Airdate 03.10.2020

S02.E09: Broken Arrow

When Hynek and Quinn track down a mysterious plane that has vanished in the Canadian wilderness, they embark on a dangerous mission to recover its missing cargo that threatens not just Project Blue Book, but the whole world.

Airdate 03.17.2020

So Canada had its own "Russian Francis Gary Powers X 2" incident, and nothing was made of it? No government pressure on the USSR? Nothing shown to us of a tense Red Phone conversation between the two Prime Ministers as a potential "Fail-Safe" catastrophe was averted?

I think this episode might have missed the proverbial forest for a few sheared-off trees.

I liked the Captain and the Doctor flying scenes, though! But next season, I hope TPTB remember that Aidan Gillen is the star. 😊👽

• Love 1

This was an entertaining episode which could've been the season finale.  I really hope that we've seen the last of Susie the Spy.  And Aiden Gillen is very likable but man!  The Captain - he is hot stuff and even though I could easily be the actor's mother, he can put his shoes under my bed any time! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

S02.E10: Operation Mainbrace

When UFOs and USOs (unidentified submersible objects) begin plaguing a massive naval exercise on the border of Russian waters, Hynek and Quinn realize it's up to them to stop a rogue Admiral from starting World War III.

Airdate 03.24.2020

Season Finale

• Love 1

I thought this episode was the best! A little derivative of "The Abyss" with a touch of King Tut's Howard Carter ("Yes, wonderful things."), but thrilling nonetheless!

There are those who believe that sub-Arctic and/or sub-Antarctic alien bases exist. One reason is the purported discoveries of Admiral Byrd. This is the "Hollow Earth" theory. "What if it were true?"

Last episode and this are starting to make me think that, with the epilogues, the program's PTB are deliberately steering us away from more relevant plot connections to our history (see above paragraph). What, after all, do Russians have to do with Quinn's discovery or Hynek's mapping? 

Finally,  please, show, I beg you, no more Russki villains; we've had "The Americans"!

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

What was the significance of Hynek's geometric drawing? I know I should know.....

Pleiades? Kabala? 

It was the symbol that was used to activate those sleeper agents. like the one that went crazy in the abandoned amusement park.

• Love 2
On 2/26/2020 at 2:49 AM, alvajon said:

Was hoping, though, that the Russian guy was going to take out the Russian girl, but no such luck.

Oh, we are stuck with her now that we know she has a kid.  For me, the show grinds to a halt during the Russian scenes.

I'm way behind - still a few eps to watch - but was entertained by Hynek as a Man in Black and then the next ep where he's consulting on Close Encounters.   I liked the Daniel/Captain team up so was disappointed in Daniel at the hearing.   Alien encounter Dave was kind of fun, he reminded me a bit of Max from the X-Files.

• Love 2