Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: Queen Scary

At Halloween, Team Scorpion takes on a case to prove the existence of ghosts aboard the Queen Mary but find an all too real disaster when they locate a "ghost ship" on a deadly collision course. Also Walter considers taking note of Paige's interests to benefit their relationship.

I don't suppose it's even worth mentioning that as part of Queen Mary's conversion in the 1960s, her boilers and two of her four engines were rather unceremoniously ripped out of her hull.  That, and the ship's electric generators produced DC, not AC, which I, as a non-genius, would think wouldn't be much use for powering that navigation beacon doohickey.

But, I love seeing the Queen Mary anyway, so it was a fun episode.

• Love 1

When Walter used math and physics to time his leap onto the ship from the speed boat, I was finally able to pinpoint why Walter's physical stunts always take me out of the scene: If he had the coordination to make his body do what his mind has computed in those situations (of which we've seen many) he would be an Olympic medalist.

Just commenting on two "banter" moments and adding my own 2 cents:

First, arguing about whether it was Wolf Man or Wolfmann -----

let's face it, musical artists tend to mumble their lyrics ocasionally.

From "Scuse Me While I Kiss This Guy" to "Alex The Seal" to "There's A Bathroom on the Right"

There are web pages, a book was written, and Wayne and Garth did a Top 5 List on SNL devoted to this.

Second, the Scorpion team was upset over the bumper intro to the "Ghost Grabbers" show.

How many times have we seen a promo for the next episode (or the bumper intro)

of a reality show (or even a scripted show) falsely advertise something

by taking dialogue out of context or splicing together dialogue that occurs far apart from each other?

Mind you, this is a group of "brainiacs" who probably don't spend much time watching TV.

Edited by Twilight Man

OK, I laughed at Toby's sign that he loves ceilings and "I'm a ceiling fan".  He does manage to sell those doofy yet funny moments.

An OK episode with some fun moments.  The show kind of stumbled into doing something smart by pairing the two characters with varying degrees of likability (IMO) - Walter and Paige.  I actually find their constant missteps believable based on who each is, trying to navigate what was previously employer/employee/friends.  I think there's some of each thinking, hey, this person knows who I am, why are they surprised I'm being this way.  I'm probably giving it too much thought other than it kind of works right now.  It would seem the logical progression would be that they would decide they are too different to be together and better off as friends but I doubt the show would do that.

On 10/31/2017 at 3:50 PM, Twilight Man said:

Mind you, this is a group of "brainiacs" who probably don't spend much time watching TV.

Though probably true, I figured it's different when you see yourself on TV, plus this is a group who prides themselves on being scientific and straightforward so being annoyed that their words would be manipulated made sense to me.

• Love 2