Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: Josh's Ex-Girlfriend Is Crazy

I might have enjoyed this more (although there was a lot of funny mixed in with the dark stuff) if I'd ever watched more than 1 crazy ex/stalker movie.

Besides Rebecca hitting rock bottom, the main thing I got out of this episode: Heather and Hector -- I dig it! I hope they explore that a bit. He's going to have to break up with his mom though....

• Love 5

I never even heard of Swimfan, but I enjoyed it. The credits were hilarious. 

I agree with AV Club that Vincent Rodriguez did a great job in this show. I also felt guilt subtext from how frightened he was, and how he answered his parents' questions. He's the second character where I "felt" subtext - not sure it was written. For Nathanial, I felt that his experience w/Rebecca plus his crush on her helped him be part of the group, which he enjoyed, so he likes her in her own right, but the standing it gives him with "the gang" feels equally important.  With Josh, I feel that he has made a decision not to feel guilty, but he feels guilty all over the place and has never dealt with guilt in the past. He's always been able to escape it, one time via horrible behavior (when he was living w/Rebecca and off Rebecca, but refusing to engage emotionally, as if that demonstrated any loyalty to Greg). Rebecca so far has given him reason not to have the conversation with her she so desperately wants. The first time she dumped all of her insanity on him in one go, sending him reeling, and the second she had threatened his mom after a night of terrorizing HIM and causing him to lose his job, so when she begged him to talk, he had every reason to shut her down. I think the writers are very aware of what they're doing with this though.

• Love 3

Swimfan was definitely one of my middle school guilty pleasure when it came out, so I am so weirdly happy to see it being brought up now. I do still always love seeing Erica Christensen, maybe she would do a cameo on this show at some point? 

That was such an intense episode, packing in a surprising amount of darkness, but without getting rid of the laughs. I think the funniest visual was when Rebecca was trying to freak Josh out with the creepy swing-set, and you see Rebecca running past in her ridiculous shrub costume pushing the swing when his back was turned! Plus, everything to do with Jarl, the random Danish guy who just wants to meet Danish American actors! 

Agree with everyone else that Valencia looked great this week, and I liked seeing her and Paula talk it out, especially considering how much shit Paula and Rebecca pulled on Valencia back in the first season. In fact, Paula was WAY more hostile towards Valencia, and spent that whole time trying to bring her down. What Rebecca said to Paula might have been mean, but she wasn't exactly wrong about Paula using Rebecca's obsession to give her unfulfilling life more meaning. 

Josh Groban! Very random, but super awesome. I loved his song, it was wonderfully fun, but also on point and beautiful, and I think it might turn out to be the thesis of the entire show. The show is clearly interested in gender issues, mental illness, diversity, and relationships, but I think its also about how people cant frame their lives around a movie or a TV show. Real life doesn't have a clear arc with points all leading to a thematically fulfilling conclusion, and its not populated with characters who`s behavior makes sense and all fit into neat archetypes. Its a bunch of things that happen and people who act in emotional ways and can surprise you sometimes. By looking to shape your real life around a movie, you arent living a full life. 

I am starting to actually see a connection between another dark comedy/dramedy with a deeply flawed protagonist, Bojack Horseman. They're both shows about deeply screwed up characters who mean well, but constantly self destruct and push away all the people in their lives due to a combination of depression, self centerdness, and self loathing. Also, they both tend to look at the real world as a movie or a TV show, and try to act accordingly, only to constantly be hit with the fact that real life doesent work like that, and it only leads to more problems. Granted, both shows are VERY different in style and character (Bojack is way more surreal, and Rebecca is much better able to hide her dysfuction tha Bojack is) but I definately see some interesting similarities in overall theme. 

• Love 8
20 hours ago, Trishelle said:

Was anyone else expecting Rebecca's rock bottom to be more shocking and troubling?  After the serious stuff they revealed in the finale and the escalating intensity of this episode up to that point, I was bracing myself for something really upsetting.  Don't get me wrong; sleeping with your ex's dad is super ill-advised (and gross), but I'm kind of glad they didn't have her do something more self-destructive.  Or maybe that wasn't actually her Rock Bottom?  

I didn't think it was all that shocking either, and actually, I expected her rock bottom to be doing something unforgivable to Paula, like sleeping with her husband...or...son. Greg just isn't that relevant to the show anymore. I expect her real rock bottom is going home to Mom. It definitely feels like the black moment/ climax of her arc though, esp. if they envisioned 4 seasons.

The show is clearly interested in gender issues, mental illness, diversity, and relationships, but I think its also about how people cant frame their lives around a movie or a TV show. Real life doesn't have a clear arc with points all leading to a thematically fulfilling conclusion, and its not populated with characters who`s behavior makes sense and all fit into neat archetypes.

Agreed. They've said pretty frequently that they're here to puncture the idea of romantic love as its idealized in pop culture with perfect happy endings for all and also the way that romantic love literally is a form of craziness/obsession. The irony of course is that...this is a TV show, and it needs to have an ending that people find satisfying and not inconclusive or not adhering to the themes they've been exploring, etc. I do wonder if Rebecca's happy ending looks a lot like her life now, single and celebrating/enjoying her friendships, but without the mania that keeps her sabotaging those relationships again and again. I would think they will kind of need to end it with showing us she can be part of a romantic relationship in a healthy way though...given the focus it's had in the show. 

Edited by taragel
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, taragel said:

I didn't think it was all that shocking either, and actually, I expected her rock bottom to be doing something unforgivable to Paula, like sleeping with her husband...or...son. Greg just isn't that relevant to the show anymore. I expect her real rock bottom is going home to Mom. It definitely feels like the black moment/ climax of her arc though, esp. if they envisioned 4 seasons.

I think it's the rock bottom because of how pointless it is. There's no revenge, there's no plotline. Had she done something crazy, the story in her mind would continue. But she wakes up and she realized pointlessly had sex with her ex boyfriend's father because she's that desperate and needy. And there is no reason. There's no next step. The movie ended and she's not even the villain in her own story. She's no one. 

Rebecca wanted to come to West Covina, marry Josh and be super happy. 

Instead, she's basically alienated everyone in her life, her greatest secret is out, the guy she devoted herself to is ready to file a restraining order and she just realized, it's the end for her amazing dream in her mind.  She has achieved nothing, giving up her cushy (albeit miserable) life in NYC. She's worse off than when she began, since the cat is out of the bag. All her dreams of happiness, and what is the result? 

She wakes up in bed with her ex-lover's dad, for pity sex. 

Paula, Heather, Daryl and Valencia got savaged, and she is too self loathing to think they'd forgive her.  

The man of her dreams hates her, and she's been humiliated so many times.

The ex lover who was her trump card? He moved on.

Nathaniel will know her awful secret and flee.

She's  in a fifth rate law firm, and her career is now in the toilet. (Yes, it's the least of her concerns, but she is an overachiever) 

And now, waking up, it all hits her. 

Her whole journey has led her here. To a pointless hook up. 

• Love 7
On 11/4/2017 at 1:02 AM, Snarklepuss said:

I know this is small consolation, but at least Rebecca wasn't really trying to hurt Josh, just scare him and get his attention.  I'm hoping that means the fears that she would go down that road are unfounded no matter how ominous her antics may look.

Umm, she got him fired from his job and made him think his mom had been kidnapped. That's not just trying to "get his attention," that's full-on crazy. 

She was certainly a lot less sympathetic in this episode and I don't like the depressing turn this has taken. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, KaleyFirefly said:

she got him fired from his job

Minor nitpick - Josh was suspended from his job, not fired. Alex didn't say how long his suspension was for but he can go back to work eventually. That's not to Rebecca's credit though. She set him up to look like he was stealing so the fact that he was only suspended instead of fired isn't really in her favor.

• Love 3

This episode definitely felt earned to me, wanted to say that. I don't think anything was retconned. The entire story has been about a woman with underlying issues to address - her issues are not what she insists they are. This episode is in the very title of the series. It's a woman trying to explain her problems with the cultural tropes women are fed about themselves. So it critiques those tropes through that. Rebecca judges herself by them. I remember on the plane with her shrink, the shrink was letting her know about the love she had in her life, particularly from her mother, who allowed herself to be seen as the bad guy when her father rejected her. Rebecca was all "Blah blah blah blah" - she didn't CARE about that lesson. She meant romantic love. She'd internalized all of that and she refused to consider her issues outside that context. To her, all of her problems have to do with her failure to find fulfilling romantic love, and to be loved by the person she wants and loves, and she doesn't understand why she is forever outside what she wants, when other people appear to be able to find it and have it. Of course the reason she struggles with romantic love is she's not dealing with herself at all. She's externalized her problems, and the show critiques a culture that encourages women to do that. We saw that when she WAS engaged to Josh, she was still having mania, still having meltdowns, and almost immediately found herself in an inappropriate sexual tension situation with her boss. She doesn't see this stuff though - her answer to that problem was to speed up the wedding.  She runs from herself so hard because I think she's terrified she's going to find out she's a monster. I think that's really common in people who are miserable and running from themselves. Obviously, the right kind of therapy will lead to self-acceptance and she'll then see herself as "normal." Probably meds too. What we saw of her flashback when she was in an institution is she took her pills w/out looking at them, so possibly that stint in the facility did nothing for her.

I don't think the show is going to move on from Josh. I believe CEG really likes the actor and the character, and will remain consistent with what he represents to Rebecca. I think at some point Josh will start to work on himself. I don't necessarily think that will mean they'll end up together, but I think he's long game as far as his function in the narrative.

• Love 9

I really didn't post much about this show this week.  I think after this episode and what's been going on in the world lately I need to crawl into bed with an alligator body pillow myself.  Very dark, indeed.  And speaking of "borderline", I think this show is skating on the edge of it.  I can't imagine how it will dig itself out of a black hole of darkness back into light comedy.  After a while Rebecca's hijinx will not be funny anymore, especially after going over the line so far in this episode.  And if they pursue the mental illness angle and other serious issues, that's just not funny.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, KaleyFirefly said:

Umm, she got him fired from his job and made him think his mom had been kidnapped. That's not just trying to "get his attention," that's full-on crazy.

Oh of course it's crazy, but I don't think that even at this point Rebecca would want to do Josh any real harm.  Scaring him is temporary and to me, not quite in the same category as physically harming him or burning down his house.  Work with me, I'm trying to see the bright side here!  ;-)

On 11/4/2017 at 7:06 PM, Irlandesa said:

The more I think of this, the more I'm wondering if it was in character for Greg's dad.  I can buy it from Rebecca but this is the man who sold his house and gave part of that money to Greg so he could pursue his dream of going to Emory.  Would he really sleep with Greg's ex?  The one he thought was crazy?

I believe he would, a guy at his age with no real money to attract a young attractive female and one just falls in his lap when he's likely had a few to drink.  I am considering Rebecca's underlying motive in this to be revenge against Greg.  If he had the nerve to run off and replace her, well she'll show HIM a thing or two and sleep with his DAD! 

On 11/4/2017 at 7:17 PM, JustaPerson said:

I kind of disagree about Rebecca being Borderline. I can see why someone might think that, though. I don't see much ideation/devaluation in her relationships, except maybe with Josh but even that doesn't really apply. While Rebecca has issues with abandonment, I don't really see the type that Borderline people have. She's not trying to avoid abandonment (or her perception of abandonment) -- if last episode and this episode was any indication, she already believes she's been abandoned.

I was thinking all weekend that she could have elements of Histrionic Personality Disorder in there too.

• Love 3
On 11/5/2017 at 0:15 AM, Trishelle said:

Not sure if someone's already asked this, but: assuming Rebecca comes back to West Covina and tries to leave Josh alone for real this time, how do you think the writers'll keep Josh on the show?  If Rebecca's not stalking and/or dating him, it seems like it'd be hard to keep him involved in the central plot.  Or maybe he'll be a more peripheral character going forward?  Just someone who's there to listen to WhiJo and Hector's problems? Or maybe they'll make him go a little crazy and have his own story arc, even if it's basically isolated from Rebecca's?  What do y'all think?  

I don't think having him be isolated from Rebecca would mean we wouldn't get to see his story. WhiJo and Darryl's baby drama has zero to do with Rebecca, but we've seen that arc.

• Love 3

I think it's the rock bottom because of how pointless it is. There's no revenge, there's no plotline. Had she done something crazy, the story in her mind would continue. But she wakes up and she realized pointlessly had sex with her ex boyfriend's father because she's that desperate and needy. And there is no reason. There's no next step. The movie ended and she's not even the villain in her own story. She's no one. 

I am curious to see where they are going with all this.  I do have trouble seeing how Josh remains a regular character, if only because it seems like he would do everything he could to avoid Rebecca. 

• Love 1

I don't see sleeping with Greg's dad as Rebecca's rock bottom. She did far worse things in this episode alone. Brutally cutting down of each of her friends, by rubbing their deepest insecurities in their faces (when they were all being understanding and trying to help her) is a hell of a lot worse than having consensual sex with another single adult.

I mean, I get that sleeping with Greg's father wasn't good. It showed how desperate she was for validation, and how desperate she was to feel any connection to Greg.  And if it got back to Greg, it would probably hurt him badly. But it's pretty minor compared to framing Josh for a crime he didn't commit.

• Love 8

I didn't see her hook-up as being desperate to FEEL connected to Greg. Greg's role is her ace in the hole.  She even said it in the episode - he's the one who's there when she has no other options. When she HAS other options, he's not on her radar. He doesn't rank high, and he knew it, and got out. Bloom asked us to remember that right before Rebecca chased Josh to the airport, she tried to convince Josh she was pregnant, speculated with him about the baby, then immediately tried to have sex with him when it turned out she wasn't pregnant. It was only when he walked out that it was OMG - I have no one. Well no, there's always Greg. I think "There's always Greg" is the role Greg rightly ran away from (as well as going towards a future that was about him and not someone else). Everybody wants a safety net, but I don't think it's fun for the human safety net.

When she was in that bar, she had nothing left, and of course it made her think of the consolation prize who had always been available to her. And there's his dad! She can push the dad to give her the girlfriend's details, and then Rebecca can start chasing down the girlfriend, and then Rebecca has a channel for her mania, her desperation (even though at that point, IMO she was about to hit whatever peak mania is, which means the next step was to crash). However, Greg's dad complimented her figure, the camera shoots in on Rebecca's face. I think that hook-up was hysteria on Rebecca's part and only lust on the dad's part (of course) and then she crashed. Rebecca was postponing as long as possible the crash that would leave her feeling the way she felt when she walked down the street. She'd have felt that way, I think, even if she hadn't "banged her ex boyfriend's dad." She had, as said above, permanently alienated her friends (she thinks). She'd been revealed as a psycho and a fraud and a liar. And now that her anger was at least temporarily spent, she was miserable, because Rebecca has always been miserable and depressed, and every move she's made for two - three years has been running from that and managing that. On that street, she had no place to run or hide, Greg's dad or no Greg's dad.

I just think it's interesting that even when Rebecca has what she wants, it's not a solution. She had Josh. He even went along with her pushing the wedding up so that it was going to happen in two weeks. But she did that because she was sexually attracted to her boss, and was suddenly using Josh as a vehicle to manage her attraction to Nathaniel, just as she'd used Greg when Josh was out of reach. And if she had BEEN with Nathaniel, suddenly she'd have been pining after Josh again. She's spinning. All these guys are symptoms of that. It's herself she's running from, obviously.  I suspect that, in NYC, she went to a bunch of different doctors and got prescriptions for a bunch of different tranquilizers. She's obviously academically and professionally brilliant, and from the premiere episode, it seemed to me she was channeling all of her desperate energy into her work, using that to hide from herself, whereas when she went to West Covina she used her romantic life to avoid herself. In NYC, as I see it, she was on prescription meds that stuffed her feelings way down. She lived in a large apartment, and when we see her waking up before work, there is an empty bottle of wine on her windowsill, and she gets another upsetting, unsupportive call from her mom. She had insomnia (she had googled how little sleep a human could survive on). She obviously had tremendous anxiety / emotional claustrophobia. She kind of rock bottomed in NYC when she's offered a partnership and can only run out the door. It's all variations on the same thing. I don't think the show got darker, I just think we see more and more of who she's been all along, who she is when she's run out of ways to run. In a lot of ways this is probably Rebecca's healthiest episode because you have to get to that bottom - or at least she does, before things can change for the better.

Wanted to add somewhere in this post that I really enjoyed Josh Groban's performance, particularly that "whoa oh" for emphasis between "it's really messed up that you banged your ex-boyfriend's dad" and "Never bang your ex boyfriend's dad."

And one last thing - I knew every line of dialogue before it was said in the Darryl / White Josh scene. That was as predictable an episode coda as it gets, right down to "I don't know."

Edited by DianeDobbler
  • Love 9

Some great acting in the first "not an intervention" scene but some weird filming. Also, I thought Rebecca could have gone harder on everyone but they probably don't want to make her irredeemable. And you could see in Rachel's face the whole time that Rebecca was already feeling bad about what she was saying.

Rory O'Malley! That character was nonsense but I don't care. Love him. "Thank you. This feels fast..."

"You have the anger of a much taller woman" So me. I need this on a T-shirt.

I get what they were going for with the "Swimchan" credits but it was just as boring as those things usually are. 

The suit made of moss! I'm not much for horror but it was funny to see all the effort someone would have to go through to do those things. Pushing the swing set, making wolf noises.

I hope we eventually meet Mrs. Washburn's daughter, the escort. That could be a fun cameo.

Totally forgot about Nathaniel until that scene where he interrupted George's date. 

Hector and Heather!?! 

"Once you start this... you have a beard in your mailbox." XD

The part about retribution for lifelong misery and Jarl asking "Wait, you were unhappy before you met him? Then how is this his fault?" was too deep. Jarl is an amazing therapist. "Exclusion from effortless normalcy." Damn.

"Who? What? Why are you in my house?" Amazing. Now, that is the right response. I'm into how nonsense Nathaniel has become since his first introduction.

The confrontation with Josh at the carnival was... fine. The fakeout with Greg's butt dial was great. I did not know where things were going. But the show seems to be signaling that Greg is really gone if he's happy at Emory. Sure, they could still bring him back but it seems unlikely except as a future cameo (since he's technically friends with a bunch of the characters).

God damn it, no, Rebecca! I really didn't want her to end up sleeping with Greg's dad. I could see where it was going but I was hoping she wouldn't go there.

Josh Groban song! Also, thank god this is episode 4, because if this was a season finale, it would destroy me. I thought "wow, they're doing a good job on this Josh Groban song" and then he was there! He was the one singing! Amazing. I really thought they just found someone who sounded like him. Favorite song of the episode. 

This one had some fun hijinks but it was a lot more serious and depressing than usual. I'm still going to rewatch for Rory and Josh.

Favorite parts of the "credits"... "A Camera First Assistant First Assistant, A Camera First Assistant Second Assistant, Carb Services (Cookies, Donuts, Pretezels), Cheese Services (Brie, Dry Aged Cheddar, Gouda), 2nd 2nd AD, 3rd 4th AD, 6th-10th AD, Shrub Wrangler, Publicity (West Covina, Scarsdale), Legal- General Counsel, Best Boy - Jarl Thedanishguy, Special Effects - My Imagination, Verbal Fight Choreography - Years of Mistreatment, Stand-In - Broom Darryl, Line Producer - 7 Maxed Out Credit Cards, Safety Manager - Nobody, Special Thanks - Literally No One, No shrubs were harmed in the making of this production." 

She's going back to NY? Didn't see this coming but this might be just what the season needs. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, aradia22 said:

I get what they were going for with the "Swimchan" credits but it was just as boring as those things usually are. 

I thought the credits were necessary to frame the different tone but they also spoke to Rebecca's state of mind as well as being hilarious to me.

• Love 4

When Rebecca was standing right there in front of him at the carnival, he could have just said, "I'm sorry that I left you at the altar. That was a shitty thing to do and I know that it hurt you a lot. I can never trust you again and I don't want you to be part of my life, but I know that I shouldn't have called off our wedding in a note and then run away to avoid you."

I have noticed that Josh seems to have lost his 'sparkly glow' powers. I forget if Rebecca was the only person we saw affected by it. 

What is the 'disorder' for someone who is super selfish and who doesn't care who she hurts to get what she wants?  I think that's the core problem with Rebecca.  She lies and stalks and manipulates in an effort to get what she wants, and her anxiety increases as it becomes more and more difficult to not get caught and found out.  Her lies and bad behavior become this tenuous, fragile house of cards that is constantly in danger of collapse.   I think her extreme self-centeredness is the heart of who she is and the reason for her problems.

I think there's a bit more to it. What she wants isn't wildly materialistic or competitive. For instance, this isn't a show about her competing with Audra or even how she came to WC and wanted Valencia's life. What she wants is effortless normal, happiness, and to be the star of her own story. Or at least, that's what this episode told us. Instead of just being, she sets her sights on a goal and then goes all out to achieve that goal to gain effortless happiness. Imagine putting in so much effort to live an effortless life. She is not confronting/acknowledging what would actually make her happy and putting in the work there. I don't think it's self-centered. I think it's refusing to deal with herself and instead focusing on external goals (mostly guys). 

When Valencia and Heather confirmed Paula's inattentive parenting, I realized they could completely recast her two sons and I wouldn't notice. And since you're distracted now, can I get a tattoo blueprint of the local prison on my arm?

I recognize the little one but I thought they did recast the big one.

I chalk that up to them wanting to play with the tropes as long as possible. The job thing is bad but the swing set and taking his mom to the carnival were more innocent but supposed to read as sinister until we figured out she wasn't up to anything. And like someone said upthread, I don't believe she would hurt the Chan's (besides Josh) so I wasn't that worried watching the episode. Basically, I will forgive them for wanting to get jokes in. 

Of course the reason she struggles with romantic love is she's not dealing with herself at all. She's externalized her problems, and the show critiques a culture that encourages women to do that. [...] She runs from herself so hard because I think she's terrified she's going to find out she's a monster. [...] She's obviously academically and professionally brilliant, and from the premiere episode, it seemed to me she was channeling all of her desperate energy into her work, using that to hide from herself, whereas when she went to West Covina she used her romantic life to avoid herself.

Brilliant. I love your analysis. And... maybe it resonates with me a bit too much (not the romantic love part but the avoiding yourself). 

Unpopular opinion: The more they give Josh to do, the more I realize Vincent is a weak actor. He has his moments, but I feel like he would be better used sparingly. And even though I prefer this Nathaniel to evil Nathaniel, the same goes for that actor.

• Love 1

I must have missed seeing Josh Groban in the credits. My husband got home from work as I was watching the last part of this episode. When the song started, he asked if it was Josh Groban. I said, "Of course not." Then Josh Groban appeared and my husband was just like "I fucking told you so." I don't know if I should be more impressed or disturbed that my husband can identify Josh Groban's voice right off the bat like that. 

• Love 4
On 11/4/2017 at 9:27 AM, AnnaRose said:

What is the 'disorder' for someone who is super selfish and who doesn't care who she hurts to get what she wants?  I think that's the core problem with Rebecca.  She lies and stalks and manipulates in an effort to get what she wants, and her anxiety increases as it becomes more and more difficult to not get caught and found out.  Her lies and bad behavior become this tenuous, fragile house of cards that is constantly in danger of collapse.   I think her extreme self-centeredness is the heart of who she is and the reason for her problems.

She's not self-centered. She's single-mindedly desperate for affection because she never got it from any adult in her own childhood, is depressive, and has no sense of self-worth (probably also due at least in part to her emotionally-abusive childhood).  I'm a little surprised about all the talk of borderline... I'd definitely pegged her as primarily bipolar, though admittedly I'm not an expert at all.  Hey, looks like other people had the same question though!

Also: man, this frigging show.  This one and Bojack Horseman.  Damn.

• Love 1
On 11/9/2017 at 4:54 PM, aradia22 said:

Favorite parts of the "credits"... "A Camera First Assistant First Assistant, A Camera First Assistant Second Assistant, Carb Services (Cookies, Donuts, Pretezels), Cheese Services (Brie, Dry Aged Cheddar, Gouda), 2nd 2nd AD, 3rd 4th AD, 6th-10th AD, Shrub Wrangler, Publicity (West Covina, Scarsdale), Legal- General Counsel, Best Boy - Jarl Thedanishguy, Special Effects - My Imagination, Verbal Fight Choreography - Years of Mistreatment, Stand-In - Broom Darryl, Line Producer - 7 Maxed Out Credit Cards, Safety Manager - Nobody, Special Thanks - Literally No One, No shrubs were harmed in the making of this production." 

My fave credit was after Best Boy:

Worst Boy - Josh Chan

• Love 4
On 11/4/2017 at 5:44 PM, possibilities said:

How did Trent get the records on Rebecca unsealed? I expect that issue will come back, especially if Rebecca calms down long enough to remember she's a lawyer.

I want to see more of Darryl and White Josh than their conflict. Why are they together, besides the sex? It would be easier to take their conflict seriously if the relationship itself was shown in scenes besides the ones where they're talking about being incompatible.

I was wondering about that too.  Sounds like Trent has similar snooping abilities to Paula's.  But seriously wouldn't that be some kind of legal violation the part of both Trent and whoever revealed the information?

I like Darryl and White Josh but to me WJ has been a little bit of a cardboard character.  Maybe because he really hasn't had a story that focuses on just him, that I recall.  Darryl is always talking about his feelings, but WJ doesn't.  It makes him just seem like he says "no" about having a kid but not why or anything.  Just kind of weird.  Like you said, I haven't really seen or felt why they are together other than just physical attraction.

ETA:  Greg's dad is a disgusting dirtbag.

Edited by Blue Plastic