Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E05: Not Over It

• Start Topic

On 11/2/2017 at 9:57 AM, ghoulina said:
On 11/1/2017 at 9:47 PM, RedheadZombie said:

I bet Tre hates that it's Melissa's daughter named after her mother.  But then, Teresa should have named her own child after her mother, not after Melania Trump.

Since it's spelled differently, I always figured Milania was sort of named of after Milan. 

There are all kinds of rules in naming your children in the Italian culture.  Melissa naming her daughter after her MIL is correct.  I love that Teresa named Gia after her father Giancinto.  In Italy you can use the masculine or feminine spelling of names.  You are supposed to have a saint's name somewhere in the full name so you can choose St. Nicholas for a Nicole, or Donna for St. Donald.

20 hours ago, parrotlover said:

Does anyone else ever find themselves asking the question “why am I still watching “ fill in the blank of whatever franchise of housewives

ME, ME, ME!

• Love 7
On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 6:57 AM, ghoulina said:

Since it's spelled differently, I always figured Milania was sort of named of after Milan. 

Theresa has said before she named Milania after the place she was conceived (insert puke emoji here.)

• Love 7
On 11/1/2017 at 11:14 PM, Carolina Girl said:

I did get a chuckle out of Gia repeating Melissa’s observation re discipline almost verbatim  

i hope this young woman can break free of her family  and their mostly disturbing lives of somehow living way beyond their means and in only the rare case, not going bankrupt or worse, to some degree and go to become something worthwhile in this world. she seems to have  a lot of potential. 

• Love 7
On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 11:07 AM, jaync said:

Yep, per Teresa's logic, her late mother was only a "Gorga by injection". So technically, that pic of Antonia with her own family should be removed from the restaurant.

Oh, I'm sure. Teresa also resents Melissa because she was able to give her husband sons.

Actually, the caller asked Siggy the question directly. Which, I thought was rude since Siggy wasn't a guest, but Andy loves that caller because she gives him tongue baths. (If I'm confusing the callers, then never mind.)

Eh, I thought it told that he (like most men) didn't want lipstick lingering on his mouth/face. If he were somehow disgusted by his wife, then he wouldn't have initiated the kiss (and he certainly wouldn't care how often she's away working).

I didn't mind Danielle during her first run - she was no more unlikeable than the rest of the cast - but it's clear she was only brought back as a makeshift Kim D. Her reveal of what Delores supposedly said was forced AF.

Losing a spouse of many years would no doubt be awful, but the Daddy Gorga weepfest is getting tired.

I never understood this mentality.  The sperm determines the sex of the baby, not the egg.  If Theresa is going to resent anyone for not conceiving a son, she should resent Juicy. Melissa's got nothing to do with that.  Of course, I wouldn't expect Theresa to be smart enough to know that.

• Love 9

Watching the mini marathon this morning, up to this epsidode. I’m real curious why Siggy is under the impression that Margaret should have “loyalty” to Delores over Danielle when she knows them both for a very short time and honestly Delores has done nothing to be nice to Margaret, and the fact Delores is so far up Siggy’s arse... pffft. Also, Delores is absolutely egging Siggy on to not get over her beef with Margaret. Team Margaret on this one... 

Edited by BodhiGurl
Additional thought
  • Love 7
On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 3:55 PM, WordsWordsWords said:

Teresa is milking her mother's death like a whole dairy barn full of cows. I feel so bad for her father.

Every time I think Siggy has surely destroyed her reputation as a "relationship expert" beyond repair, she rolls up her sleeves, says, "Hold my beer, honey," and digs herself in even farther. How do people who've paid her money to give them advice feel when they see her screaming, "No, no, no, I'm NOT over it!" and then shimmying herself at her "enemy's" back and singing "Nyah, nyah, nyah," or whatever she was singing? I mean, really. If she offered me a free, all-expenses-paid overnighter at some 5-star luxury hotel, I'd refuse. (Okay, I'd first try to figure out how I could go to the hotel but not have to attend her wretched presentation.)

Teresa, please, if you won't listen to Melissa, listen to your actual daughter. You need to learn some discipline -- both for yourself and your children. Considering her reaction, though, I don't think Tre absorbed a single wise word Gia laid on her.

Dolores, honey, if you've been divorced for 18 years, your marriage IS over.

Teresa (yeah, I seem to be focusing on Tre this week) has some entertaining ideas about what makes a person a member of a family. She remains a Gorga, despite her own marriage; Melissa, however, is still a Whatever despite her marriage. I agree with the posters who wonder about what she thinks about her own mother. Is she a Gorga or is she a Whatever? Poor Tre. She's an idiot.

It was very telling when Theresa said "I want to be a good mom (by giving them whatever they want)" and Gia said "but that's not."  OMG I LOOOVED it.  Your job as a parent is to prepare your children for the world.  The world doesn't give you whatever you want whenever you want it.  Giving in to all of your childrens' whims does NOT make you a good mom, it makes you a shitty one.

• Love 4
On November 3, 2017 at 6:04 PM, jumper sage said:

There are all kinds of rules in naming your children in the Italian culture.  Melissa naming her daughter after her MIL is correct.  I love that Teresa named Gia after her father Giancinto.  

Ooh I never grasped that that was who Gia was named for! Makes sense.  

Teresa is so very foul to Melissa.  The Gorga by injection line was disgusting. Would have loved Melissa to respond by pointing out that Teresa and her kids carry the name of a soon to be deported federal inmate.  

Pretty sure the reason why Frank Catania is on and not Dolores's boyfriend is that Frank is a fame ho who loves being filmed, and the boyfriend isn't .  Frank also gives Dolores a storyline because she is boring AF.  

There has got to be something wrong and creepy with Siggys Husband.  He wants to spend more time with that obnoxious nutter?  I scream with laughter (inside) at the notion that Siggy is some kind of Oprah like inspirational guru that has anything to offer.  And the idea of being trapped in an overnight retreat scenario with her is a horror flick scenario.   But I bet such a retreat with the cast is going to be a future episode.  

• Love 4

Just to get this Italian naming thing off my chest, here is a real story of our family and the insanity that can ensue:  The eldest son and daughter should be named after the paternal grandparents (inserting name in the middle is now acceptable).  My brother was supposed to be named after our paternal grandfather.  Our father had the same name for his grandfather and father.  My mom said that there was too many people with that name so she would name my brother after her brother.........................her brother had the same name as my father, grandfather, great grandfather and now my brother.  She would always insist that he was named for her brother not his father or grandfather.  You can guess that the marriage did not last past 16 years.  Seriously?  How stupid is that story?  My brother has a son with the name and his son swears to name his son the same fricking name.  We have so many people with that name on all sides of our families that they need pronouns like Grandpa X, Papa X, Uncle X, the other uncle X, Little X, Baby X etc.

All of the girls are properly named by the proper relative as their middle name and have their own first names.  

Once you have named the paternal grandparents you start on the maternal grandparents.  There are rules for godparents too.  All first borns have the same godparents, all 2nd borns have the same godparents.........  When Teresa named an outsider as Gabriella's godmother is was quite a slight.  If I remember correctly and it is Dina.

1 hour ago, Rubyslippahz said:

Teresa is so very foul to Melissa.  The Gorga by injection line was disgusting.

I agree.  If Joe did not marry and have kids perhaps the Gorga name would die off.  Teresa has no sisters and Melissa has no brother.  These facts alone enhance the disfunction in their relationship.  Teresa does not know you can't cross a line with your sister and Melissa does not know that brothers will stand by their sister through life to a point.  Because Teresa does not have a sister she does not know how to share her brother and know her place in his life.  His wife and children must come first and her job is to support him or shut the hell up.

• Love 9

Teresa is milking her mother's death like a whole dairy barn full of cows. I feel so bad for her father.

I'm over it, she made it sound  like they never had a row in all those years, he seemed pretty happy with the blonde( Margaret) I swear she keeps telling him, no, sad! 

More of the same next week.

Teresa is so very foul to Melissa.  The Gorga by injection line was disgusting.

Very Theresa! I'd have slugged her.

• Love 2
On 11/2/2017 at 8:36 PM, FlyingEgret said:

I actually prefer Margaret's pigtails to her TH extensions.  I know that's not saying much....

I don't mind her pigtails. .... while I don't love them,  I don't hate them. Did anyone else see a picture they showed a few episodes ago of Margaret.  She was much younger and had those pigtails  and looked pretty cute. I'm thinking she loved all the compliments she used to get, and can't move past that style. She is  like many women who hold on to dated looks, beacuse she was at her cutest/sexyest at that time. She does need a new look but heh. Since Siggy/Delores  hate her I like her lol.

Teresa'sfather grossed me out talking to Margaret and asking if she was blonde all over ick. I feel bad for him losing his wife but he creeps me out.

Siggy is insane and that's all I got about her. I'd be so embarrassed if I were family. 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, imjagain said:

Teresa'sfather grossed me out talking to Margaret and asking if she was blonde all over ick.

That was beyond inappropriate, he could take a seat next to Aviva Drescher's (RHONY) father, so gross.  I lost a bit of sympathy for Nono with that comment.  

That is not the first time Nono was gross on camera, a few seasons ago Tre and fambly were making spaghetti sauce by the gallon in their garage and he asked if (not sure if it was Jac or Danielle) had their period because then it would have ruined the sauce, which I know it's an old wives tale but still. Eww.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 9

In the latest argument between Teresa and melissa...teresa was more in the wrong then Melissa.  I'm glad Joe Gorga witnessed it and defended his wife to Teresa.  Teresa admitting what melissa said about her parenting was refreshing, and then Teresa had to hear her brother agree with Melissa.  I do think Melissa had the right attitude that she would accept the apology and move forward since family comes first.  Plus, it would add more stress to Joe Gorga...and better not to undo any progress then try to be the one that is right.

This is organic conflict, and it's fascinating to me.

Gia has officially passed her mother in maturity.  I think having her mom gone for a year caused Gia to grow up.  I think she and Gabrielle will be fine..Milinia....jury is out.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, Rubyslippahz said:

There has got to be something wrong and creepy with Siggys Husband.  He wants to spend more time with that obnoxious nutter?

The only thing I can think of is that her stupid "empowerment" speeches are actually COSTING them money, not making it. So he's not eager to foot the bill for more of her shennanigans. Because, you're right, I'd want to spend as little time with that whack job as possible. 

• Love 9

I actually don't have a problem with Siggy's husband and what he's saying.  He's not outright telling her no.  He's not screaming in her face demanding it.  He's not being manipulative that I can tell.  He's calmly letting her know that he is sad they don't spend that much time together and that this will likely make that time even less.  I mean, wouldn't all of us want a husband who wants that?  He strikes me as a man who's in love with his wife and considering how insane Siggy is, he loves her despite all that.  Again, don't we all that from our significant other?  He's allowed to tell her his concerns about her taking on something else without it meaning he's a controlling prick.  They are in a marriage and supposed to be considering the other person when they make big life decisions like taking on another business venture.  Would I be upset if he went out and did something without consulting her first?  Say like buying a restaurant without telling her like Joe Gorga did?  Absolutely.  If you don't want to hear your partner telling you that they are worried another addition to your schedule will impede on the time they get to spend with you, then don't get married.

• Love 6
On 2017-11-04 at 2:39 PM, lezlers said:

It was very telling when Theresa said "I want to be a good mom (by giving them whatever they want)" and Gia said "but that's not."  OMG I LOOOVED it.  Your job as a parent is to prepare your children for the world.  The world doesn't give you whatever you want whenever you want it.  Giving in to all of your childrens' whims does NOT make you a good mom, it makes you a shitty one.

Teresa is trying to over correct her parenting because of how she grew up. She thought her parents were too strict so she decided that when she became a parent, she wouldn't be as rigid as her parents...but Teresa hasn't allowed herself to discover that middle ground - she's avoided being a strict parent by instead being a doormat parent. She's lucky that she doesn't seem to have kids that are atrocious and really take advantage of her soft parenting approach but it's probably likely that the kids benefited from having a stricter father to balance it all out.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, CaughtOnTape said:

I actually don't have a problem with Siggy's husband and what he's saying.  He's not outright telling her no.  He's not screaming in her face demanding it.  He's not being manipulative that I can tell.  He's calmly letting her know that he is sad they don't spend that much time together and that this will likely make that time even less.  I mean, wouldn't all of us want a husband who wants that?  He strikes me as a man who's in love with his wife and considering how insane Siggy is, he loves her despite all that.  Again, don't we all that from our significant other?  He's allowed to tell her his concerns about her taking on something else without it meaning he's a controlling prick.  They are in a marriage and supposed to be considering the other person when they make big life decisions like taking on another business venture.  Would I be upset if he went out and did something without consulting her first?  Say like buying a restaurant without telling her like Joe Gorga did?  Absolutely.  If you don't want to hear your partner telling you that they are worried another addition to your schedule will impede on the time they get to spend with you, then don't get married.

You're right, of course. But there's just something about that dude that sends up red flags for me. Yes, he's calm about it. But there's this underlying smugness and, almost, anger that I pick up on. I feel like he's very controlled, and perhaps we aren't seeing the real Michael. But it's just a vibe I'm getting. Not really based on anything. 

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

You're right, of course. But there's just something about that dude that sends up red flags for me. Yes, he's calm about it. But there's this underlying smugness and, almost, anger that I pick up on. I feel like he's very controlled, and perhaps we aren't seeing the real Michael. But it's just a vibe I'm getting. Not really based on anything. 

Well...

He's on camera - number 1.  And he's well aware of it.  So I'm sure he's being very measured with his response.

And number 2 - he's speaking to Siggy.  Who has shown a propensity for not listening and doing whatever the fucks she wants regardless of what anyone around her has to say.  So yeah, he's probably a little angry.  I didn't get smug in the least...so I have no idea what you're seeing there.  The only red flags he sends up for me is the fact that he's married to Siggy....she's off her fucking rocker.

Edited by CaughtOnTape
  • Love 1
On 11/5/2017 at 1:27 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

That was beyond inappropriate, he could take a seat next to Aviva Drescher's (RHONY) father, so gross.  I lost a bit of sympathy for Nono with that comment.  

That is not the first time Nono was gross on camera, a few seasons ago Tre and fambly were making spaghetti sauce by the gallon in their garage and he asked if (not sure if it was Jac or Danielle) had their period because then it would have ruined the sauce, which I know it's an old wives tale but still. Eww.

That sounds exactly like his son. Now we know where Joe Go gets his tackiness from.  

• Love 4

I normally dislike Melissa but this season, Melissa is the only normal one.  

Teresa is over the top rude and obnoxious. Worse than ever.  Plus, her face is melting. 

Gia? She seems to be growing into a decent young woman. I hope she does well. 

• Love 2

From this point forward Pigtails is now Ellie Mae.

Or should it be Smelly Lay due to stinky pits and puss?

I actually didn't like the comments about calling her Ellie mae.  So they decided they don't like her, so they make fun of how she wears her hair?  That's some high school level cafeteria-table bullshit right there.  Then Siggy is like "I don't like your purses. What about you Delores, do you like them?"  Delores: "Nah, I don't like them".  Hooo-kay ladies... LOL

What should Margaret do, wear the Approved Dress Code Guidelines hairstyle of super long barrel curl extensions hanging in her face like Siggy and Delores both have?  I like that she has her own trademark look.  They should STFU when picking on other appearances.  They look pretty haggard and miserable to me.

Oh yeah, sure, I am really going to want to go to a weekend retreat with Women's Empowerment Guru Siggy, teaching how to hold grudges and not take the high road, scream at people, and make fun of their appearance.  People pay her for this too, so pathetic.

Siggy and Delores made the choice to pout, and boycott yoga that morning.  They were hoping everyone would wonder where they were, and line up to give apologies, text them, beg them to come.  Then when they found out there was actually a Meaningful Moment (TM) being filmed they were mad no one twisted their arms to come.  This is all so plainly obvious.

Totally not understanding what made Siggy flip in the first place, when they first got to the tasting she was greeting Margaret in a friendly way and seemed like they moved on.  What prompted the stab me in the back comment?

• Love 6
On 11/2/2017 at 1:07 PM, jaync said:

Oh, I'm sure. Teresa also resents Melissa because she was able to give her husband sons.

Gender is decided by the male's sperm so not being able to give sons is on Joe Giduice, not Teresa.  

• Love 2
On 11/4/2017 at 10:36 PM, jumper sage said:

Just to get this Italian naming thing off my chest, here is a real story of our family and the insanity that can ensue:  The eldest son and daughter should be named after the paternal grandparents (inserting name in the middle is now acceptable).  My brother was supposed to be named after our paternal grandfather.  Our father had the same name for his grandfather and father.  My mom said that there was too many people with that name so she would name my brother after her brother.........................her brother had the same name as my father, grandfather, great grandfather and now my brother.  She would always insist that he was named for her brother not his father or grandfather.  You can guess that the marriage did not last past 16 years.  Seriously?  How stupid is that story?  My brother has a son with the name and his son swears to name his son the same fricking name.  We have so many people with that name on all sides of our families that they need pronouns like Grandpa X, Papa X, Uncle X, the other uncle X, Little X, Baby X etc.

All of the girls are properly named by the proper relative as their middle name and have their own first names.  

Once you have named the paternal grandparents you start on the maternal grandparents.  There are rules for godparents too.  All first borns have the same godparents, all 2nd borns have the same godparents.........  When Teresa named an outsider as Gabriella's godmother is was quite a slight.  If I remember correctly and it is Dina.

I agree.  If Joe did not marry and have kids perhaps the Gorga name would die off.  Teresa has no sisters and Melissa has no brother.  These facts alone enhance the disfunction in their relationship.  Teresa does not know you can't cross a line with your sister and Melissa does not know that brothers will stand by their sister through life to a point.  Because Teresa does not have a sister she does not know how to share her brother and know her place in his life.  His wife and children must come first and her job is to support him or shut the hell up.

WORD to all of this and your previous post on naming. I swear to you we have more Joes than I can count, including 2 Joes provided to one father Joe cuz 2 Mamas! Oh its fun in our family! Half the family says WHAT most of the time!

• Love 2
13 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

I swear to you we have more Joes than I can count, including 2 Joes provided to one father Joe cuz 2 Mamas!

Are you saying one man has two sons by different women and both sons are named Joe?  If so, I declare you the Italian naming winner!

• Love 2