Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E17: A Case Of The Vickis

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, WireWrap said:

All I can tell you is what I have read and heard. Jenna said that she knew SD personally and that he asked her to be on the show. Michael saw a flier or ad for HWs and talked his mother into filling out the form. Yes, Jenna was the first and Yes, Vicki is the longest lasting. Jenna was never cut throat enough to out last Vicki and they will have to pry the Orange out of Vicki's cold calculating hands with a jack hammer to get it back. LOL

Correct.

The 2 hour long 100th RHOC episode special thing discussed how the show started.

Included, yes, like you said, Michael seeing the flyer (and thinking he and his friends would be featured not that they'd ultimately want his mom, but he seemed to make the tape about them) - and Vicki confirmed it was actually Michael who found it.

Laurie on it because Michael said she was a playmate and included that in the video he did when she was working for Vicki.

Slade/Jo got it by bidding $2,500 but the creator was his neighbor/friend.

Jeana, "there was no audition process, it was you will do me a favor and film this..."

They called Vicki back after Michael's tape and she said "oh come over...but that she wasn't TV material."

It's like 2 minutes into the episode (just relistened)

Edited by onatrek
  • Love 4
On 5 November, 2017 at 7:31 AM, Ubiquitous said:

I don't think I ever heard that claim before. On what is it based?

I heard the term OG in the early '90s which was to mean ORIGINALS. But then it was acquired and became Original Gangster. Since 2010s it's been used in many acceptable ways. Regardless of usage, I do know it always means 'the first'.

On 4 November, 2017 at 9:17 AM, Luckylondon said:

I remember Donn referring to her as Victory and Vicky would say it too (I think around the time of the vow renewal). 

I always did miss Donn. As soon as there was a vow renewal, I knew the marriage was over. I have yet to watch a vow renewal where the relationship survives another 5+ years. Vow renewals are relationship death sentences.

• Love 2
On 2 November, 2017 at 11:23 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

I don't fault anyone for taking precautions when they have heart attack or stroke symptoms. All jokes aside. 

True - I become terrified if I experience very painful heartburn accompanied with heavy perspiration. I immediately find something cool to slowly drink, while concentrating on its coolness going down and hitting every 'spot'. Usually that is enough to calm me, but if not, I will immediately head out for medical treatment.

On 28 October, 2017 at 5:22 PM, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I also thought it was annoying how Shannon  shouldered her way into the room, sweetly saying, "Vick?" in this intimate, concerned way. 

Have you ever seen that Modern Family episode where Phil and the kids discover that Claire enjoys and laughs when she comes across horrible news e.g. death of the elderly neighbour? Well, Peggy strikes me as a Claire that as soon as she sees someone not doing well, it's her time to shine and enjoy the moment.

On 30 October, 2017 at 8:28 PM, LilaFowler said:

I think it's terrible that only Lydia felt it necessary to go the hospital to be with Vicki. I don't like Lydia but seriously, as far as they knew Vicki could have been in serious trouble. 

That's the thing, though. They KNOW Vicki (especially Tamra and Shannon). They knew she would be fine. If she was aware enough to cover her head with a robe, she's going to be fine.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, onatrek said:

Correct.

The 2 hour long 100th RHOC episode special thing discussed how the show started.

Included, yes, like you said, Michael seeing the flyer (and thinking he and his friends would be featured not that they'd ultimately want his mom, but he seemed to make the tape about them) - and Vicki confirmed it was actually Michael who found it.

Laurie on it because Michael said she was a playmate and included that in the video he did when she was working for Vicki.

Slade/Jo got it by bidding $2,500 but the creator was his neighbor/friend.

Jeana, "there was no audition process, it was you will do me a favor and film this..."

They called Vicki back after Michael's tape and she said "oh come over...but that she wasn't TV material."

It's like 2 minutes into the episode (just relistened)

I disagree with this assessment as it applies to who was picked first, Jeana or Vicky. Scott Dunlop doesn't say he picked Jeana first anywhere in your example. I relistened too

Hey congrats on your second post....

• Love 1
On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 11:14 AM, KungFuBunny said:

Since "OG" is short for Ogre?

giphy.gif

I was referring to Vicki getting Jeana fired. :-)

I saw this ep, or as much as I could stand, last night and Vicki looked so stupid with that blanker over her head as they carried her out. Yeah, she was concerned about the media photographing her looking so bad, not counting her usual fashion choices, of course.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

I saw this ep, or as much as I could stand, last night and Vicki looked so stupid with that blanker over her head as they carried her out. Yeah, she was concerned about the media photographing her looking so bad, not counting her usual fashion choices, of course.

Vicki got Jeanna fired? 

12 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Vicki got Jeanna fired? 

She didn't get her fired, her Tamra and Jeana banded together during negotiations  A.k.a. a  United Nations deal or as I understand give them all a raise or they walk. Of course Vicky and Tamra are assholes so they caved and Jeana was let go.  To add insult, while promoting that season Vicki tells the press that jeana's broke and had to ask her to borrow money, which she refused.  My memory's fuzzy but I'm thinking there was also bad blood with the real estate deal they did together. .  This type of thing (negotiation backstabbing) has definitely happened across franchises, New York and Atlanta come to mind.  I think the same thing is the root of Sonja, Ramona and Luannes issues as well . 

Edited by Inspectabecky
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

Vicki spent that whole season after plastic surgery with horrible straggly hair looking like Dee Snyder after falling face first on an iron.  She couldn’t look worse than that.  We saw her lying there  during her “emergency “ before they farted her away with the camera right up her nose.  I’m sorry to say that she looked like a luau pig at that angle, all red faced and sweaty with a snout. 

She looks like she’s in Tamra’s mothers age group, except Tamra’s mom has aged better.   

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Vicki spent that whole season after plastic surgery with horrible straggly hair looking like Dee Snyder after falling face first on an iron.  She couldn’t look worse than that.  We saw her lying there  during her “emergency “ before they farted her away with the camera right up her nose.  I’m sorry to say that she looked like a luau pig at that angle, all red faced and sweaty with a snout. 

She looks like she’s in Tamra’s mothers age group, except Tamra’s mom has aged better.   

Dr Ambe is the best. Both Tamra and her mother look great after their surgeries. Plus, they were prettier to start with.

11 hours ago, Inspectabecky said:

She didn't get her fired, her Tamra and Jeana banded together during negotiations  A.k.a. a  United Nations deal or as I understand give them all a raise or they walk. Of course Vicky and Tamra are assholes so they caved and Jeana was let go.  To add insult, while promoting that season Vicki tells the press that jeana's broke and had to ask her to borrow money, which she refused.  My memory's fuzzy but I'm thinking there was also bad blood with the real estate deal they did together. .  This type of thing (negotiation backstabbing) has definitely happened across franchises, New York and Atlanta come to mind.  I think the same thing is the root of Sonja, Ramona and Luannes issues as well . 

Thanks for the clarification. Yeah, that was around the time Jeana was trying to sell Olive Garden by the Green and there was a live-in redecorator.

11 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Maybe Vicki forgotvthere were cameras at the hospital? Who knows with that narcist?

• Love 1
On 10/31/2017 at 9:57 AM, ghoulina said:

Bahahaha, you go, Donn!

I think it was an asshole move.  Viewers don't care about Donn.

I believe Vicki was sick, she is not the one who called 911, nor did she say she was having a heart attack.

I thought it was very thoughtless of the ladies to carry on with dinner, and then make fun of Vicki with the casserole comments.  

Why does it seem Shannon is always talking so loud?

• Love 1
On 10/28/2017 at 6:07 PM, Duke2801 said:

Yea but iirc Shannon got all kinds of shit (from her fellow housewives and from the viewers) for the indifferent way she reacted to the atv accident too.  So it seems she can't win

I thought it was fine for Shannon to go in. Sometimes you care about a person because they are a person, not because they are a person you like. Plus Shannon is such a hypochondriac that I’m sure she has experienced every medical emergency under the sun. Girl loves being ill like...well like I love not being ill.

i just didn’t get why Shannon was upset Peggy was in the room. Why wouldn’t Peggy be in the room? Who else should have been in the room? One of the many women Vicki has managed to piss off?

Also Kelly was a little over the top in her defensiveness. 

On 11/1/2017 at 6:13 PM, lunastartron said:

But Kelly herself declared "we don't know you're going to be fine; you could be having a heart attack" when she wanted to correct/one-up Peggy as Vicki was being loaded into the stretcher.

Last year, during that verifiable disaster, Kelly cracked open a brewsky while clutching her pearls and condemning Meghan and Vicki for not hauling ass over to a hospital based upon reports of an accident that neither had witnessed - so not verifiable to them in a firsthand sense. 

Kelly just uses these nominal threats to the the well being of her dear friend to vilify whomever she dislikes at the moment. 

Kelly loves to issues pronouncements and direct as much as Peggy: snapping her fingers, diagnosing Vicki with a mild panic attack before reversing herself and declaring that she could be experiencing a stroke or heart attack, telling Peggy "you have to wait for me," etc. 

---------------------------------------

Also ridiculous was the moment when Tamra and Kelly bonded over their synchronistic impugning of Peggy's educational pedigree and reliance on her husband because it's an important in principle to get academic training so "no man can tell you what to do."

Both Kelly and Tamra are part of the cast - like Peggy - by virtue of the wealth that men accrued and from which they benefitted. Tamra would not have been cast on the show if she had not lucked out in beguiling Simon with her trailer park charms.

And Kelly certainly let Michael tell her what to do when he fought off her last effort at divorce. 

Thank you! I died laughing when Vicki, Peggy, and Shannon of all god damn people were talking about not letting men control their lives. Say what?

• Love 2