Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E17: A Case Of The Vickis

• Start Topic

As Vicki's health scare continues, Peggy shows a side to her personality that shocks the others; later, a broken friendship may be mended, while a drunken night causes fractures in another.

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I was right, the Skanktimonious bitch is going to lecture

Yeah, but I'm with Lydia on this one.  Also with the texting chain.   Both would hurt my feelings. 

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

As Vicki's health scare continues, Peggy shows a side to her personality that shocks the others; later, a broken friendship m...

Ooh, does Peggy’s dark side come out - even more?!

• Love 4

The reaction of the other women to Peggy was more perplexing to me than anything else in that clip. 

Shannon: "Why is Peggy in there?" Umm, as opposed to you, who declared shiva on Vicki and swore, "I will NEVER speak to you again"? 

And Kelly can snap her fingers at and instruct Peggy on her demeanor/disposition but it's some sort of infuriating transgression for Peggy to utter "shhh"? Kelly is just an asshole. 

From what I recall Tamra and Kelly alike certainly voiced their disapproval of Meghan's measured response to the ATV crash so their respective befuddlement ("why is Peggy so upset?!") and cavalier let's-go-eat attitude are pretty hypocritical. 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Lydia tries too hard to be head Bitch in Charge.  These are adult women fully capable of making their own decisions. Lydia is taking this trip hosting way too serious.

Yes indeed. Clearly, Lydia's hosting spirit animal is:

giphy.gif

• Love 14
1 hour ago, esco1822 said:

YAY!  Good for them.  They need this.  

Watching the clips for the next episodes drove me crazy.  Peggy glomming onto me as I have been hurling and sweating would make me livid.  It also seems more about Peggy than Vicki.  I am not one that wants an audience when I am sick.  Husband yes.  Doctors yes.  People that are new in my life or coworkers?  Fuck no.  Lydia is nearly unworthy of discussion she is THAT irritating to me.  

• Love 17

My little sparkle friendship whisperer is really a judgmental hypocrite in real life!  And Peggy: Girl, you Armenians are really BSC when it comes to folks blowing chunks!  Get all hugged up on them here in the land of the free?  You'd be against that wall OVER THERE if you did that to  me!  Step away from the sickie!  DOOFUS!

• Love 16
13 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Is it possible to be sad and happy for Shannon?

I am surprised because from the first season, it seemed like she would never agree to a divorce.

it seemed that way her 1st, 2nd, 3rd and part of this season...but this season, i've also noticed she's starting to turn a corner a bit. she's mentioned the restaurant being a way to make herself happy whether david is disconnected from her or not, she mentioned to tamra that it was the perfect time to go to iceland, to see if her absence makes david's heart grow fonder and if not, "there's nothing i can do," she said, in a kind of defeated but also ready to accept reality way. 

i feel like this separation has been a long time coming. being on this show really tests and puts a strain on marriages - as evidenced by how many couples get divorced while on the show - so if your marriage isn't good to start with, your relationship's not gonna make it. 

• Love 21
8 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

I think this is one of my favorite episode titles, ever.

...And is Peggy wearing a T-Shirt with a wheel on it? Next thing you know she's going to claim Armenians INVENTED wheels.

Yes in Armenia land, archeologists dig gid up very old artifact

giphy.gif

• Love 18
On 10/27/2017 at 1:15 PM, lunastartron said:

Shannon: "Why is Peggy in there?" Umm, as opposed to you, who declared shiva on Vicki and swore, "I will NEVER speak to you again"? 

I also thought it was annoying how Shannon  shouldered her way into the room, sweetly saying, "Vick?" in this intimate, concerned way. Um, you wouldn't even acknowledge Vicki's existence this entire season and now suddenly you're taking the lead in her health scare and calling her "Vick?" It feels so disingenuous and calculated to make her seem like the bigger person who can put differences aside in times of crisis. I kind of have more respect for the way she handled the whole ATV accident because at least that was honest.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 18
On 10/27/2017 at 0:11 PM, zoeysmom said:

Lydia tries too hard to be head Bitch in Charge.  These are adult women fully capable of making their own decisions. Lydia is taking this trip hosting way too serious. I am not sure why someone deciding to visit Vicki later would hurt Lydia's feelings, then again I didn't get why there was an issue with "the group text" which consisted of a picture from Tamra in her room and she and Shannon deciding not to join the others.  It is about time for Lydia to break down and claim she misses her husband and children.

I think if Lydia wants to go to the hospital and see Vicki it is fine.  I appreciate Lydia didn't go all sanctimonious on what the others should be doing-to their faces.  It is 10pm the dining room closes at 11pm, they are already an hour late for dinner.   One person is enough to go and check on Vicki.  What are they going to do at the hospital while Vicki is getting checked?   Meghan certainly shouldn't go and leave her baby-there are line producers and what not to stay with Vicki.  Why would the hospital want this giant entourage around while Vicki gets treated for altitude sickness/anxiety attack?  I can't speak to the hospitals of Iceland but many hospitals don't want people hanging around in the middle of the night.   I get where Lydia is coming from is  nice to have someone go with and she should leave it at that.  It makes me wonder if she is concerned about being left out of something else while she totes Vicki's bag.  There may be valuable camera time she misses.

Not to sound callous but they are only half way through an expensive four day trip-can't have the entire cast tied to Vicki and her malady.  In Ireland Meghan begged off a few activities because she was under the weather.  This is expensive filming time.

Here is the second clip (which obviously happened before the dinner moment):  :http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/season-12/episode-17/videos/peggy-is-worried-about-vicki  it may be me personally but the last thing I want when I am sick and throwing up is non medical people around me.  Peggy on the bed covering and cloying all over Vicki would exacerbate the situation.  It seems Peggy was not planning on going to dinner that night judging by the way she was dressed.  Peggy really gets on Kelly's last nerve.  Certainly every medical situation cannot relate to Peggy's double mastectomy.  I guess they don't have talkies in Armenian yet, as Peggy seems to think no one should speak during a reality show. 

1.) I hope there's a giant Kelly/Peggy fight.  That would fill my cold shriveled heart with glee.

2.) Lydia's jacket is ridiculous and I love it (the jacket, not it being ridiculous).  It's the best sparkle she's had all season.

3.) Vicki looks like shit.  

• Love 9
On 10/27/2017 at 3:46 PM, nexxie said:

On 10/27/2017 at 11:07 AM, KungFuBunny said:

As Vicki's health scare continues, Peggy shows a side to her personality that shocks the others; later, a broken friendship may be mended, while a drunken night causes fractures in another.

Peggy has a personality?  That is shocking. 

• Love 21
3 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

Yea but iirc Shannon got all kinds of shit (from her fellow housewives and from the viewers) for the indifferent way she reacted to the atv accident too.  So it seems she can't win

The exact reason why I find her latest reaction disingenuous!

4 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I would question her motives but she was actually joking around with Vicki in Tamra's room when they first got there. I do think she actually cared that Vicki was sick and scared in a foreign country and needed to hear words of encouragement/compassion from those that have know her longer than a hot minute (Peggy). 

Eh, Tamra was joking around with her way more. And Tamra didn't elbow her way into the room to take center stage with Vicki for a moment. I don't think Shannon cared all that much, I think she knew that she got flak last season for her response to Vicki's accident and she was going to make sure she took "the high road" this time. Which wouldn't be so bad except that Shannon has been so unrelenting in her vitriol toward Vicki all season. I mean, it's not like she has been indifferent. She has really been aggressively reactive about her. So, the contrast to, "Hey, Vick..." is a little off-putting, IMO.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 8
52 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

Breaking news....Peggy, Lydia and Meghan are all out next season. YAY!!!

Really?! I'll second that YAY! Meghan is dull, Lydia is passively obnoxious and Peggy is of the Cindy Barshop/Carlton what's-her-surname school of HWs -- wasted space.

Did your source indicate the others are back?

• Love 8

Hiya, everybody!  Don't know where to post this but  .... has something happened to the allabouttrh.com site?  I'm getting the 'account is suspended.'   I may be just having another senior moment so I came to the people that know!!!!

:D :D :D

2 hours ago, Ellee said:

Hiya, everybody!  Don't know where to post this but  .... has something happened to the allabouttrh.com site?  I'm getting the 'account is suspended.'   I may be just having another senior moment so I came to the people that know!!!!

Nope. I got the same message!

IMG_0364.PNG

7 hours ago, Ellee said:

It's back up and running now.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, SCS said:

Really?! I'll second that YAY! Meghan is dull, Lydia is passively obnoxious and Peggy is of the Cindy Barshop/Carlton what's-her-surname school of HWs -- wasted space.

Did your source indicate the others are back?

Actually, didn't say...I just assumed yes...said they are friends now (Shannon, Vicki and Tamara)

• Love 2

The ROBE. Over Vicki's head as she leaves. Oh my gosh. Super duper extra.

She doesn't even get the serious music when she pulls away in the ambulance. She gets the wacky music, along with a shot of the ambulance tooling away like, NBD we'll get to the hospital in a bit.

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 20