Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E09: Drink the Kool-Aid

• Start Topic

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 6:55 AM, Captanne said:

I was an Air Force pilot, and before I got in to fly (in the early 80s), my friend's brother was an Air Force navigator.  He was a primary crewmember on a C-141 out of Charleston AFB, SC, to pick up the remains at Jonestown.  He said he'd never seen anything like it.  So ghastly he still won't talk about the bodies.  

ETA:  Most artists can be considered leaders of a cult if they have a group around them who are learning from them (in various ways.)  Warhol might be considered a cult leader but, unlike Kai, Warhol had serious and legitimate talent.  Whether one personally likes and admires POP art or not is irrelevant.  In the art world, Warhol made a game-changing splash.  It's not my taste but Basquiat is.  Absolutely.  Kai's cult status is very low level by this episode -- he's very much a Heaven's Gate or Manson rather than a Scientology or even Islam/Christianity/Judaism.  (Depending on what one considers a cult.)  I think Warhol's "cult" status could easily be compared to Michael Jackson's or Beyonce's.  Of course, this is just my free opinion (worth exactly what you pay for it, LOL.)

Seeing the shot from the helicopter is horrifying enough.  Their bodies seemed to go on forever.  Then the close up shots - they seem strangely lying side by side, when you know they died where they dropped.  Seeing the little kids is just awful.  They even killed the dogs.  And of course Jones was too gutless to drink the poison after watching all the suffering he demanded of others.

• Love 2

It's going to be so  cool and creepy if ally convinces winter to kill herself like it someone kind of hinted at and the preview showed. It's not that I want winter to die I like the character it's just you know the body count can only grow. Ally hates winter obviously.

A work customer of mine is a Jonestown survivor. I remember the story but I was young. I remember the covers of magazines with the pics of the bodies. I definitely didn't understand it at the time. His name is Vernon Gosney (there are many articles on the interwebs). He's fantastic. It seems absolutely unbelievable that could have happened to him. I can't imagine getting passed something like that.

• Love 2
On 10/31/2017 at 9:05 PM, Pixel said:

You are correct. Ally confirmed that it wasn’t Kai’s sperm that was used, and then got the receptionist to help her get Kai’s file to use as proof to lie to Kai. 

Arsenic would not kill you that fast. It takes minimum a couple of hours, and that’s if you really dose a lot. I hate when shows do this crap. If she’d just said it was cyanide I’d have bought it. 

Is just me? Or was the actual sperm doner/father "speedwagon"? Someone please correct me...i was half asleep and watched 3 episodes back to back lol

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 3:22 PM, JuliesMommy said:

Is just me? Or was the actual sperm doner/father "speedwagon"? Someone please correct me...i was half asleep and watched 3 episodes back to back lol

I didn't get that impression.  The picture was shown long enough to confirm it wasn't Kai, but that's all I noticed.

• Love 1